The J-hook thread!

Summer

Long Island, NY
Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
But without that ugly Holmes hat, than better Ebenezer :sherlock:

Perhaps something like that?

Fotografie-Carl-Hempel-Poessneck-betagter-Mann-im-Morgenmantel-raucht-Pfeife.jpg

william-gillette-in-der-rolle-des-beruhmten-detektivs-beruhmt-fur-den-charakter-auf-die-buhne-zu-bringen-an-der-wende-des-jahrhunderts-datum-c1899-g3bfny.jpg

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Sorry guys, last OT. Just have to have the last word. :evil:

@Hogni, thumbs down -- DARN! my smilie's not displaying! -- but you get my point, Hog. :brow:

Now, BTT.:D

Last edited:

dodgy_b

Hey all. New to this thread and the J Hook. Did a quick search on "clean" but not much came up.

Ok, so I need a cleaning hack. Such an odd shape to submerge in iso? Heard hot water can crack it?

The J hook sure gets pretty smelly, pretty quickly. Looks like I'll have to stay on top of it.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@splitz, it's been 3 weeks, would love an update on how you're enjoying your 2 new long j-hooks? Which one do you like better?

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: ataxian

LabPong

Been using my J hooks a lot lately.....here is my fav setup. I can't find where I got the Sherlock JHook from...I think Dankstop, Backbros, or other US supplier. I need another! Works way too good on this setup. I like the narrowed MP and the Sherlock shape to use with ashcatcher.

SJHook-Catcher.jpg

Because of the height difference, I added a 2 piece snap container to the bottom. Simply suck the lid to the ash catcher and you can use easily for a ready stash. This setup rips awesome with my vapcap, argo, air's. I can do mouth pulls and puff it like a normal "smoke pipe" with full draws in between on a single hit.

This AC and JH are 18mm.......I have one setup with 14mm catcher and jhook...it does not hit as good. I think the Sherlock shape and the fact that the mouth piece end narrow down make the draw more compact than the wider open mouth piece on the normal J hook with my 14mm rig...odd.

So I am looking for another Sherlock J Hook like this one...or a J hook that has a narrow tipped MP....in 14mm.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Hey all. New to this thread and the J Hook. Did a quick search on "clean" but not much came up.

Ok, so I need a cleaning hack. Such an odd shape to submerge in iso? Heard hot water can crack it?

The J hook sure gets pretty smelly, pretty quickly. Looks like I'll have to stay on top of it.
I use rez caps to seal one end, add Iso and salt (table works fine), cover open end, shake. Rinse. Done. It's pretty easy, and you don't have to submerge entire J-hook.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Been using my J hooks a lot lately.....here is my fav setup. I can't find where I got the Sherlock JHook from...I think Dankstop, Backbros, or other US supplier. I need another! Works way too good on this setup. I like the narrowed MP and the Sherlock shape to use with ashcatcher.

SJHook-Catcher.jpg

Because of the height difference, I added a 2 piece snap container to the bottom. Simply suck the lid to the ash catcher and you can use easily for a ready stash. This setup rips awesome with my vapcap, argo, air's. I can do mouth pulls and puff it like a normal "smoke pipe" with full draws in between on a single hit.

This AC and JH are 18mm.......I have one setup with 14mm catcher and jhook...it does not hit as good. I think the Sherlock shape and the fact that the mouth piece end narrow down make the draw more compact than the wider open mouth piece on the normal J hook with my 14mm rig...odd.

So I am looking for another Sherlock J Hook like this one...or a J hook that has a narrow tipped MP....in 14mm.
Nice setup 4-sure!

Dynalowrider

I have a couple j hooks. And I love anhydrous glass. I ordered a Thick-ass-glass six inch j-hook. It tapers down to a 1/8th inch mouthpiece opening. The glass is thicker than the others. It has this larger chamber in the bottom of the piece. This is my favorite accessory. Cools the vapor, without loosing taste. Have a cane-gunn in the mail. Looking forward to some research. I'll report back, with opinion later. Doc

LabPong

I have a couple j hooks. And I love anhydrous glass. I ordered a Thick-ass-glass six inch j-hook. It tapers down to a 1/8th inch mouthpiece opening. The glass is thicker than the others. It has this larger chamber in the bottom of the piece. This is my favorite accessory. Cools the vapor, without loosing taste. Have a cane-gunn in the mail. Looking forward to some research. I'll report back, with opinion later. Doc

TAG (thick ass glass) is my fav US glass source......because I can afford it and the quality is high!

But they do make some awesome pieces. I have their dual 14mm drop down and it is amazing.

Top Bottom