Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
I was just wondering, should I wait a bit before ordering?

Personally, I'd wait. As you may be aware, I described my INH004 experience earlier in this forum: After an excellent initial session, my re-charged INH004 simply stopped working, and Inhalater were quick to request me to return it.

Before doing so, I attempted to remove the capsule, but it refused to budge. I pulled a bit harder, and it came apart, leaving me holding the mouthpiece, while the translucent brown container section remained stuck within the INH004 body. To remove it, I had to grip the exposed edge with tweezers. As I did so, it unfurled into a flimsy plastic rectangle, with the herbal contents strewn across my desk. I also noticed the INH004's outer coating starting to come away at the edge.

As all this occurred to a promising, brand new product within the first 48 hours, it seems to me that, although the INH004 has great potential, it's been manufactured with inferior materials, inadequate quality control, and marketed prematurely (and poorly). A pity, because if it were built with a solid aluminium body like an Arizer Solo, plus a virtually indestructible herb container like an iolite, plus a stable temperature control knob, the INH004 could be a world-class portable vaporiser.

Is there a new version coming out any time soon?

I hope so.

Hai_Rypo_T'head,
Personally, I'd wait. As you may be aware, I described my INH004 experience earlier in this forum: After an excellent initial session, my re-charged INH004 simply stopped working, and Inhalater were quick to request me to return it.

Before doing so, I attempted to remove the capsule, but it refused to budge. I pulled a bit harder, and it came apart, leaving me holding the mouthpiece, while the translucent brown container section remained stuck within the INH004 body. To remove it, I had to grip the exposed edge with tweezers. As I did so, it unfurled into a flimsy plastic rectangle, with the herbal contents strewn across my desk. I also noticed the INH004's outer coating starting to come away at the edge.

As all this occurred to a promising, brand new product within the first 48 hours, it seems to me that, although the INH004 has great potential, it's been manufactured with inferior materials, inadequate quality control, and marketed prematurely (and poorly). A pity, because if it were built with a solid aluminium body like an Arizer Solo, plus a virtually indestructible herb container like an iolite, plus a stable temperature control knob, the INH004 could be a world-class portable vaporiser.

I hope so.
sounds like you just got a bad unit. That's like saying all black people are bad because one bad apple broke into your house, or all counselors are gay because you knew one that was, etc... Mine has been great with no issues(besides that temp dial thing loosing).

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
sounds like you just got a bad unit. That's like saying all black people are bad because one bad apple broke into your house, or all counselors are gay because you knew one that was, etc... Mine has been great with no issues(besides that temp dial thing loosing).
Mine stopped short of spontaneous combustion when it failed and I still can't wait to receive my replacement unit.

They perform excellently, are easy to use, and seem to be pretty sturdy. They've performed much better than "version 1s" of most of the other products I've purchased early on.

deadc0ffee,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Hello Hai_Rypo_T'head.

It is great to hear you think the Inhalater could be a world class vaporiser. Defects you mentionned are being actively addressed and are to be corrected in production.

As you mentionned, we are quick to offer to return defective unit for free warranty repair and upgrade. The technology being cutting edge, we are still ironing out some problems.

Inhalater,

druminfected

I have to admit after I got my Inhalater and opened it, I stared at it for quite some time, because I seen PAX is also restocked their orders and I was going to send it back.

but I took the plunge and decided to just keep it and try and I'm SO GLAD I did! This vaporizer is one of the best portable vapes i've ever used hands down! I was weary about the whole capsule thing, but now I'm not and it works great. The cap issue being hard to take off ( being disabled) is not really an issue anymore. Not sure if I found a sweet spot or what but I seem to get the cap off with not much difficulty. Now on to the temperature dial.... This must be a new and improved version I got because there is definitely resistance on the dial now. You can't accidentally hit the dial to change temperature, because there is enough resistance now to stop it from happening.

After 2 days of use on the Inhalater, I'm very happy to say that I'm very happy with the product. the only CON for it now is that the screen above the ceramic heating element keeps coming loose, nothing will fall down in the hole because there is none, but was wondering if any of you that have the inhalater has this issue or is it staying in place? I see it's the same screen they use for the capsules so I was thinking about interchanging one with a capsule.

Still waiting to hear about my capsule i didn't get with my order that I ordered, but I am a happy man in wheels!

Why didn't you just return it for a new one and use your warranty? I've never heard of a MFG making a product and having 0% issues especially a new product. I've seen this issue happen a few times with different products on FC, but they get it replaced and it usually fixes the issue. have you sent your inhalater back for a replacement yet?

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

I hope so.

I think you just had the bad luck of getting a dude. Sounds like my last two days at airports. You will like it once it gets sorted out. You are the first to have a basically DOA on this forum whoo hoo lucky you NOT. I would be pissed to but it will get replaced and you will be happy and forget all about it. What were you using that the capsule got so stuck in there after one use damn. Normally a 5 to 10 second heat up will release the resonated capsule but then clean it. I am still using the original capsule with now issue. Also remember to turn it counter clockwise so it doesn't peel.

@druminfected I have not read anything or heard anyone complain of the bottom screen falling out.

Dreamerr,

natural farmer

You are the first to have a basically DOA on this forum...

Well, not the first... A friend ordered one from Taylor after listening to my favorable comments on it and it came with a bent inner resin tube and a very bent mouthpiece capsule... After a couple of uses the folded corner of the inner tube covered the screen at the bottom and the temps were rising too high. The taste was shitty and the load was spent after a few secs on 3-4 and a couple of very hot hits...
Anyway... He and his brother have a history of receiving DOA orders and Taylor was kind enough to offer a quick exchange. The only downside is that the faulty unit has to be returned first and then the new one will be shipped. That's not a nice practice as a customer is left without a vape for a 2-3 weeks after he has paid the money. My pal was pretty pissed but luckily he still has his MFLB as a backup. It would be a better practice to ship the new unit at the same time you send back the old one and just exchange tracking numbers... Just my two cents... Can't wait for him to get his new INH and come by for a test drive! ;)

natural farmer,

Dreamerr

I think the capsules definitely can have a huge problem if you don't watch the seams and follow them. I had gunk under that bottom edge and used my finger nail to get it out but it was hard. If I didn't I could easily see it breaking. That is also why I always say go counter clockwise while putting it in the INH or if you use the turn loading that I do. If you go clockwise you will break the poly. Tis said to hear that there are two DOAs but that is still a lot less then other companies. Gee even the volcano or a car has lemons.

Dreamerr,

druminfected

Well, not the first... A friend ordered one from Taylor after listening to my favorable comments on it and it came with a bent inner resin tube and a very bent mouthpiece capsule... After a couple of uses the folded corner of the inner tube covered the screen at the bottom and the temps were rising too high. The taste was shitty and the load was spent after a few secs on 3-4 and a couple of very hot hits...
Anyway... He and his brother have a history of receiving DOA orders and Taylor was kind enough to offer a quick exchange. The only downside is that the faulty unit has to be returned first and then the new one will be shipped. That's not a nice practice as a customer is left without a vape for a 2-3 weeks after he has paid the money. My pal was pretty pissed but luckily he still has his MFLB as a backup. It would be a better practice to ship the new unit at the same time you send back the old one and just exchange tracking numbers... Just my two cents... Can't wait for him to get his new INH and come by for a test drive! ;)

I used to do tech support back in the day and we used to do this, but the company would be at a loss doing this, unless the person put up some money for the new unit (as collateral) until the company finally receives the broken unit. people could just say they had a broke unit, then they ship a new unit out and never get the old one back. Shady people in this world, but I totally understand that is the ideal way to do it, and I wish there was a replacement plan like this, but I haven't seen any other vaporizer company do this. (fill me in if you know of one)

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Inhalater INH004 impressed me with it's performance.
It was easy to load and use.
It heated up fast.
It gave a good full session.
My portables fall into a number of categories because situations vary.
The Iolite had filled a specific niche for me. It was the one unit that was portable, prefilled, could start with a touch, and that startup required a minimum of attention.
This was good for a person on the go.
I found the Inhalater to hit about the same as the Iolite.. and the sessions were consistent with that vape also. The unit has the same length vapor path too.
it became easy to learn the draw to get the best hits.
This vape could easily replace my Iolite for my morning Post office trip!
Time will be the test. We must now see how long the unit holds up under heavy fire.
I think that the company will make changes and address issues, like the units "casing". I wish that the casing had the print directly on it.
As it is the casing is wrapped in a very high quality metalic contact film. This looks nice, but the seam is very obvious because the film is thick and sturdy, and is visible. Also, vaporists get into details easily, and the seam is very obvious to the touch as well.
I kept finding my hand drawn to one corner that is not completely "flush".. and found it a tiny bit distracting that a $249 vape has a tactile flaw. I do not fault the maker… I am sure this and other items will get addressed.
DSC01920.jpg

The unit is fun to use.
It comes with small plastic tubes that are very like a cocktail straw, to use as a "capsule cleaner". I found a great technique to use when cleaning the Inhalator.
I use the straw , as they direct, but then I go arouns inside once using suction from my mouth to get the last bits. I repeat this on the heater core side as well inside on its screen, and get all last tidbits.
My ABV has so far come out a uniform dark color…. no sign of char… no speck of gold or green…. coffee…. dark… every time. Of course I start at 4/5, and finish up around 7, so I am toasting the load good.
Nice Vape from the folks at Pharmacore!
Discreet… and easy to handle.
I am already wanting spare polymide capsules!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Question....
Hard fact if possible.
The Solo gets charged whenever opportunity arises.
Some batteries function best if you let them go down in charge all the way.
What is best for the Inhalater INH004?
let it go a bunch of sessions?
OR...
Charge it when I can after 1 or 2 sessions.

Vitolo,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
You want to keep this topped up as much as possible. You can use it for days on end but it performs best at full battery. What's great is that with a micro usb port it's easy to do so.

druminfected

One thing that's great about owning other portable vaporizers is you can use some of the tools/items in conjunction with others!

Here's a great tip I found if you need or would like to travel with a couple more extra capsules. I use the mflb battery case, i'm sure you can use any other AA battery case, but it fits perfect in it! Now I just need to get some caps for the capsules, either earplug caps like Centizen described or that other cap i seen that someone uses to fill and use the cap on it and snip it off.

inhalatercase.jpg

druminfected

I think that the company will make changes and address issues, like the units "casing". I wish that the casing had the print directly on it.
As it is the casing is wrapped in a very high quality metalic contact film. This looks nice, but the seam is very obvious because the film is thick and sturdy, and is visible. Also, vaporists get into details easily, and the seam is very obvious to the touch as well.
I kept finding my hand drawn to one corner that is not completely "flush".. and found it a tiny bit distracting that a $249 vape has a tactile flaw. I do not fault the maker… I am sure this and other

Not sure if you seen previous pages or not, but most people just take the sticker off of the Inhalater, it looks much better IMO. Kinda good they provide it with sticker on though so you can choose to keep it on peel it off. I haven't done it yet, but I am definitely going too!

druminfected,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dreamerr

I don't want to carry extra capsules. I see no reason to do it as the INH capsules are so easy to fill on the fly. Like I said early in the thread I use a film capsule and just turn it in the pile of herb and it is done. I love not having an issue filling them. That was my biggest issue with the DV filling and emptying.

I hope us early adopters get prize whoohoo. I also hope the capsules do come down to around 2 bucks each.

druminfected

I don't want to carry extra capsules. I see no reason to do it as the INH capsules are so easy to fill on the fly. Like I said early in the thread I use a film capsule and just turn it in the pile of herb and it is done. I love not having an issue filling them. That was my biggest issue with the DV filling and emptying.

I hope us early adopters get prize whoohoo. I also hope the capsules do come down to around 2 bucks each.

you may see no reason to carry extra capsules but i'm sure others would or like an option too. Especially if your on the road, and with people around, you may not want to bust out ur herbs and start filling it for instance; in public. :rolleyes:

druminfected,

Adobewan

I used to do tech support back in the day and we used to do this, but the company would be at a loss doing this, unless the person put up some money for the new unit (as collateral) until the company finally receives the broken unit. people could just say they had a broke unit, then they ship a new unit out and never get the old one back. Shady people in this world, but I totally understand that is the ideal way to do it, and I wish there was a replacement plan like this, but I haven't seen any other vaporizer company do this. (fill me in if you know of one)
Dave @ Underdog.
Mine broke, he was leaving town, so he sent my replacement before he left and told me to play with the new one while he was gone and when he returned I could return both and have mine repaired, or keep the replacement and send my original back.
Unprecedented, I agree, I was surprised, but man, the loyalty I feel for Dave runs deep now!
And I really do hope the karmic reward for that mindset outweighs the occasional exploitive type.
I know, I hear your palms slapping your foreheads, a bit idealistic.
I certainly don't expect that to become the norm in western business practices, but I have found a number of vape MFs to be professional, friendly and service minded beyond the call of duty.

Adobewan,

druminfected

Dave @ Underdog.
Mine broke, he was leaving town, so he sent my replacement before he left and told me to play with the new one while he was gone and when he returned I could return both and have mine repaired, or keep the replacement and send my original back.
Unprecedented, I agree, I was surprised, but man, the loyalty I feel for Dave runs deep now!
And I really do hope the karmic reward for that mindset outweighs the occasional exploitive type.
I know, I hear your palms slapping your foreheads, a bit idealistic.
I certainly don't expect that to become the norm in western business practices, but I have found a number of vape MFs to be professional, friendly and service minded beyond the call of duty.

Now that's what i call Customer Service! I'm still waiting to hear from taylor of TOSV, because I didn't get my extra capsule I ordered, but i'm sure they are just not taking emails and such over the weekend. Glad you up back and running with you Inhalater though!

Dreamerr

you may see no reason to carry extra capsules but i'm sure others would or like an option too. Especially if your on the road, and with people around, you may not want to bust out ur herbs and start filling it for instance; in public. :rolleyes:

You are correct, different strokes for different folks. I have filled in public but I have it down to an art. I don't think, for me, it is stealthier either way. I am sure one of you will come up with a great cap mod to cover it so you can have many filled at once. The company, who really seems to care, may come up with a cover option as well.

I still want my prize lmao

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

You did and it slipped my mind since I wasn't going to use it. I do actually have the ear plugs sitting on my dresser but never cut them. I really don't have a need. I do think your solution was the best even better then an actually made cover. It is cheap reliable and easy to do. I apologize for forgetting but it is really early in the morning lol. I can't say if the caps drop to 2 bucks that I might not do it but I doubt it. I will buy extras at that price though.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom