1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Slow Draw McGraw, Aug 31, 2016.

1. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

Ever since I saw @duff 's post above going dry, I've meant to try it. All this time with my Maxx and not once had I tried it dry. I can't believe it took me this long, and it makes sense after the OG's popularity. This thing just peeled my face off while delivering incredible flavor :nod:

2. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Also crazy how smooth but mind numbing amount of thickness

Big hydrobrick hit numbs the senses instantly :D

3. Hjalmark

[​IMG]

Cant let the flip brick folks have all the fun

4. Hjalmark

Not much life on this thread but having such a stickybrick moment

Waking up in the middle of the night with back pain, the Enano is off and hopper is on .. vacation

Need a fast and hard pain relief and the hydrobrick is always ready

KABLAM [​IMG]HEALED!

5. ambertrichome

ambertrichome Well-Known Member

Sticky bricks are available in Australia now,great to see:tup: global domination next:borg:

6. Gigsabits53

Gigsabits53 Well-Known Member

I fired up my maxx last night and got the biggest hit I have ever had. It was just one of those perfect torch moments and just kept moving the fire in and out, inhaling large amounts of incredible vapor! Wow does this thing pack a punch!! :ko:

7. SirusSirus

SirusSirus Well-Known Member

just purchased a hydrobrick maxx in walnut as my first butane vape, I'm pretty stoked. the vapes I have to compare to are an OG underdog, and an airizer Q

edited: added type

8. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

You’ll be happy! Fuckers RIP.. instant giant hits.

9. SirusSirus

yeah I can't wait, I've been smoking far too much too long and coughing up nasty stuff, I think this is going to be my vape that makes me "fuck combustion".

I plan on adding a hydratube in a week or two, but I have a triple honeycomb for huuuuge rips.

10. SirusSirus

also just picked up some S&B dosing capsules and a magazine to try out. $13 bucks shipped on ebay.

11. tonuzzi

tonuzzi Livin' The Dream !

I just purchased a Maple HydroBrick Maxx! Can't wait to try it after reading so many positive reviews from the many knowledgeable members here at FC.

12. Creeper

Creeper deep in the matrix...

Alright, calling all the fuck-ups... what do you do to fix your Hydro when you combust badly? I take all the pieces out and stuff ground espresso coffee in the intake and output pathways and let it battle the smoke smell for 12(ish) days and then clean all the other parts and go back to business. So far it's been a good fix when all is said and done just the faintest of smoke smells can be had with my nose shoved right in the bowl but I wanted to see what other screw-ups have been fixed by FC'ers.

My latest one was testing a Newport Zero Mini torch, I had it on for a moment too long and combusted but it was nowhere near as bad as my 2nd combust which I thought damaged the wood (it didn't, whew).

13. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

What grit sandpaper to use to get rid of scratches?

How do u refinish?

Hjalmark likes this.
  14. tonuzzi

So day 2 with my Hydrobrick and I can honestly say he hits likes a king! Wow, I just get super baked using it and he does hit smooth. I ran some Green Crack with a light sprinkling of Watermelon hash through it last night dry, after 5 huge hits I had to set him down because I was toast!!
    I'm still trying to get my technique down but holy shit this vape hits like a champ!
    Damb it VAS, I see a STB Jr in the horizon!
    Congrats SBL for knocking it out of the ball park with the Maxx!!
    Cheers :tup:

15. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes unfiltered

@Creeper: When I combust with my Bricks I simply use them to get rid of the smell. At first I tried cleaning them thoroughly but it never got rid of the smell anyways. If it’s a really bad incident I might clean the glass parts but usually I just leave it be and run a couple bowls through. After 2-5 chambers the smell and taste are gone in my experience.

You can use ABV as well, it will take a little longer to remove the smell but you’re not contaminating the taste of fresh bud this way.

16. Hjalmark

Main reason I don't use the brick all day long is that it hits so damn hard :D

Its not the best "wake and bake" vape unless it's "wake and bake and sleep again"

17. tonuzzi

Well said brother!

I'm thinking of using a an old minivap wire mesh basket I had kicking around to load my bud in and drop it into the Maxx's chamber, I'm thinking this may keep the chamber clean any maybe prevent any scorching to the wood.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  18. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

Its the best butane desktop on market imo, i milk it hard if i want lol even my combusting friend was like "damn", only neg is when u combust it will turn ur glass all yellowish and the hits become like blunt hits, harsh and nasty so try not to combust lol

I use about 0.12g per session as well :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  19. Kermitt

Kermitt Well-Known Member

I only own the OG Brick. But I put a screen under the heat intake glass. In that case, nothing can actually burn. In addition, every beginner can then use the brick immediately without anything going wrong.

I read about the additional screen in the Junior-Brick Thread and found it to be good for the OG Brick.

Now I sometimes use a torch with 3 flames. Good Results, fast. But don't hold the three flames straight in the Intake Glass :-)

20. tonuzzi

Perfect, I'll add a screen under the intake and give it a shot.
    Thanks Kermitt

Hjalmark, Kermitt and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  21. Creeper

@Vapor_Eyes thanks for the suggestion but the smell of smoke is repulsive to me so I couldn't use it in that state. I may try some ABV but if it takes espresso 12(ish) days to get rid of the smell to my preference ABV will probably be a month+ lol (too long).

@Kermitt I'm curious but how does a screen under the intake prevent combustion?

Vapor_Eyes, Kermitt and Hjalmark like this.
  22. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

@Creeper, I think it reduces hotspots by diffusing incoming hot air and sucking up some heat.

Vapor_Eyes and Kermitt like this.
  23. Creeper

Interesting, once my Brick is healed I will test it out and see.

Vapor_Eyes, Hjalmark and Kermitt like this.
  24. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

Just FYI I don't have a hydro and use the extra screen with jr and flip. In my experience it's not as foolproof with those vapes as @Kermitt makes it sound for the hydro.

Vapor_Eyes and Hjalmark like this.
  25. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Don't forget to clean your screens! :nod:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors