• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

12 stories tall made of radiation
Just stopping in after having my brick a little over a week. I find myself using it dry 95% of the time. It's just so smooth. I really only find myself coughing if I get greedy and want a massive hit. And even then it's just because I bit off more than I could chew.

I finally had the torch that my brick came with crap out on me. Luckily the shop where I get my ejuice down the road also sells cigars and torch lighters. I ended getting a nice scorch lighter. The head and base have a chromed appearance and the area you hold is a metallic blue. Much easier to refill, adjust flame size, and just 100x better.

So to anyone reading this thread and considering the maxx, or any brick really, go ahead and get a decent cigar/torch lighter. Doesn't have to be super expensive, but it'll likely be much more reliable than what comes with your unit. It makes a BIG difference in how enjoyable you'll find your brick

MonkeyTime

all these hydro bricks got me thinking about getting one haha. love my junior and always thought that water extraction would be that much better. I honestly like my junior over my vapexhale just because its on demand vaping, no wait time ever :) and gets me high as fuck :)
At least for me, I really like my Jr, but I F'n LOVE my Maxx! I still use the Evo for concentrates and my Mighty on the go and in the spa..... but at home it's a Maxx world!

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
now would there be any difference in vapor production hydro vs maxx? evo might become just concentrates only haha also should get rid of my vapolution 3 to grab one of these
There is not really a difference in vapor production between the hydro and maxx. The maxx has the storage area and lid to conceal feature.
We sell quartz bangers and the attachment for the banger to sit in.

I agree with @muunch about blocking the extra fresh air Intake hole on top when Using the banger. It created a better seal. Leaving it open is mainly for use when vaping flower.

Regarding the torch lighters, I use the honest torches we provide regularly they sometimes need to be purged of all butane inside and refilled for better results.

FreddieFresh

Had a nice session with the HydroBrick on my lunch break. :cool:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT9jKqnlroc/

When you're in a hurry and can't wait for things to heat up, the Bricks are there. With the same speed and ease with which you would pack a bowl and light it, you can enjoy big clouds of tasty vapor. Ultimate convenience, without any sacrifices.

My friends have had very mixed results with the Jr, to say the least. Which is disappointing because I absolutely love it. But I'm happy to say that for whatever reason, their luck with the HB has been much better so far. Finally, they get to see the power of the Bricks :rockon: I think maybe the water helps them to gauge their draw speed better, and the added visibility certainly doesn't hurt.

The straight intake also helps with consistency. The heat is more even and centered, so there's less stirring involved. I can also finish a load a bit quicker in the HB, but that could just be because I'm using it with water. I will say though, I don't think the torches like being faced downward too much. I'll have to get another brand, it could just be the honest I'm using, but it can be a bit finicky. I have my torch set as low as possible, but as you can see in the video, the flame gets rather large when faced down like that.

almost there

When you're in a hurry and can't wait for things to heat up, the Bricks are there. With the same speed and ease with which you would pack a bowl and light it, you can enjoy big clouds of tasty vapor. Ultimate convenience, without any sacrifices.

My friends have had very mixed results with the Jr, to say the least. Which is disappointing because I absolutely love it. But I'm happy to say that for whatever reason, their luck with the HB has been much better so far. Finally, they get to see the power of the Bricks :rockon: I think maybe the water helps them to gauge their draw speed better, and the added visibility certainly doesn't hurt.

The straight intake also helps with consistency. The heat is more even and centered, so there's less stirring involved. I can also finish a load a bit quicker in the HB, but that could just be because I'm using it with water. I will say though, I don't think the torches like being faced downward too much. I'll have to get another brand, it could just be the honest I'm using, but it can be a bit finicky. I have my torch set as low as possible, but as you can see in the video, the flame gets rather large when faced down like that.
That is very impressive:tup:, my lunch break is a sandwich:\. That HT is super long, someone like me will have that horizontal in a matter of minutes:disgust:.

ambertrichome

Those are some shaky hands:lol:(I thought it was your technique at first) Also thats quite a large flame compared to what I'm using ATM:science:nice vid Freddy:tup:

I received my 4 honest torches from eBay and was happy to find that they all work great and are all different colours :brow: easy to quarantine the dodgy ones before the purge.:sherlock: I,m finding the MAXX to be a great sipper vape even though I bought it for rippin bowls.:rockon:

FreddieFresh

Those are some shaky hands:lol:(I thought it was your technique at first) Also thats quite a large flame compared to what I'm using ATM:science:nice vid Freddy:tup:

I received my 4 honest torches from eBay and was happy to find that they all work great and are all different colours :brow: easy to quarantine the dodgy ones before the purge.:sherlock: I,m finding the MAXX to be a great sipper vape even though I bought it for rippin bowls.:rockon:

Lol yea that's my shaky hands technique. Kinda looks like Parkinson's to the untrained eye.

ambertrichome

I loaded one of these cone pieces into the MAXX with a tiny pinch 0.05ish with impressive results
:whip::smug: The small amount of conduction possibly increased cloud production in terms of speed, quantity and effect. Unfortunately more testing is needed to confirm results :science:. The EQ screens also are interesting I'm getting a little less walnut and little more terpenes:rockon: still more testing is needed:cool:. Regarding the walnut taste, it really wasn't that strong to start with and it's lessening with time into a terpy woody funk:drool:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...B&biw=1024&bih=672&dpr=2#imgrc=G_e8Q2jUu3p1GM:

Last edited:

Liberty

Regarding the torch lighters, I use the honest torches we provide regularly they sometimes need to be purged of all butane inside and refilled for better results.

I agree 100%. I have several torches because I'm a cigar smoker. Even the most expensive torch will perform poorly if not properly maintained. That includes purging air from your lighter prior to refilling. And readjusting the metal filament involved in creating the spark that lights the gas stream. Finally, occasionally wipe the burner(s) with alcohol on a Q tip and blow compressed air into the burner(s) to clear away debris. Even a cheap torch will perform like a champ if you follow those simple rules.

damm

When cleaning and maintaining my MAXX I found that using a large cable tie inserted through carb to be an easy way to remove the screen with out damage and blowing out the MAXX via the GONG every session keeps things pretty clean also.

I typically use Pipe Cleaners for that. Fold it in half and push it in most of the way and then remove it; depending on the smell produced (if it's a little burny) I toss a little soap on it and then scrub it and then water and let it air dry.

Q-Tips that are wet that you run in the bowel do a real good job at cleaning out the bowel and not having to remove it.

damm

Yes I highly suggest everyone clean their 'bowels' please. Sorry @damm I had to. :D

Glad to have given you a good chuckle :) Grammar and spelling are never easy for me.

I'm sorry but I'm not sticking any wet q-tips in my bowel. :lol:

Pretty sure that happened to us all as babies.

On a more serious subject; anyone have problems with their kief falling underneath the screen and collecting up?

Gets pretty nasty if your not careful; I fill it up 2/3 with herb and then a light fluffing of kief and then finish filling it... so I figured it was pretty safe but I guess not

So I guess a smaller screen is in order?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
On a more serious subject; anyone have problems with their kief falling underneath the screen and collecting up?

Gets pretty nasty if your not careful; I fill it up 2/3 with herb and then a light fluffing of kief and then finish filling it... so I figured it was pretty safe but I guess not

It's funny you should ask that. I recently had something interesting happen with kief in my OG Sticky Brick.

I packed the chamber about half full with some nice flowers and then I brushed out the top two sections of my 4 piece Space Case grinder. It had a good amount of kief sticking to it because of static cling. The kief topped off the bowl nicely.

I vaped off of that bowl for 8 nights. I pretty much only used it for a few hits before sleep, but still, that was really impressive.

After I dumped it out, I figured I should hit it "dry" so to speak, I thought maybe some kief fell or melted below the screeen. I got a massive cloud when I did this. At this point I figured there was some goodies below the screen, so I took it out and was a little surprised to see nothing there.

I replaced the screen and took a couple more hits resulting in a couple more massive clouds. I was really puzzled at this point. :hmm:

After a couple more hits and big clouds it dawned on me. :doh:

I checked above the screen, and saw a lot of kief clinging to the metal sleeve in the air intake block. I scraped it into the chamber with the stir tool and finally finished that load after many more massive clouds.

I had packed the chamber with some high quality material to start. :cool:

Between that and the kief, it was an everlasting gobstopper of cannabis. The chamber that kept on giving. It was a sad moment when that bowl was finally finished. :rip:

The moral of the story is, don't underestimate kief in your Sticky Brick! :science:

almost there

Yes, that happens all the time with me. No one else mentioned it so I thought it was just expected. It's good and it's bad. The bad part is there's more vigorous cleaning involved. The good part is....the kief gets cooked to hash, scrape that out and U'll be enjoying a real treat.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Glad to have given you a good chuckle :) Grammar and spelling are never easy for me.

Pretty sure that happened to us all as babies.

You can definitely get some bits passed the screen with a finer grind of kief. When you stir depending how hard, it can force material through. It can also get through depending how hard you inhale or use through water alot. I clean mine probably ever other week.

A finer screen will certainly assist in this.

ambertrichome

You can definitely get some bits passed the screen with a finer grind of kief. When you stir depending how hard, it can force material through. It can also get through depending how hard you inhale or use through water alot. I clean mine probably ever other week.

A finer screen will certainly assist in this.
I,m finding the S&B capsules to be great for keeping the bowl,screen & bowels clean for two reasons. Most of the herb/kief stays within capsule during the draw and also no stirring is required you just flip the capsule and vape. It's super easy and clean, also the capsule affords great scorch protection you can apply Maxx heat for those great dense tasty hits:science:

Last edited:

damm

I,m finding the S&B capsules to be great for keeping the bowl,screen & bowels clean for two reasons. Most of the herb/kief stays within capsule during the draw and also no stirring is required you just flip the capsule and vape. It's super easy and clean, also the capsule affords great scorch protection you can apply Maxx heat for those great dense tasty hits:science:

I suspect that makes it harder to combust no? not a bad idea I have seen other spacers used but not the S&B capsules.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Just wanted to say that I been using the HydroBrick now the past week and getting some damn good results

What I am mostly impressed by is the fact I have not combusted and gotten some huge thick clouds

Probably bigger then either my enano or grasshopper

Was worried I was not going to use it owning those two but I use all instead, I have a sciatica at the moment and its perfect to have the brick loaded at night when my enano is off, so when I wake up in pain I can just use the brick

Also seeing forward to taking this out into nature

This vape is a beast

cloudsosmoke

managed to break 18mm glass out - so im using 18mm male to male connector as stand-in
(using only 1 of the o-rings) - works ok

i use mighty liquid pad beneath glass out (not the bowl end) to catch the 'brown sugar'
tiny bit smaller than the shelf it rests on - so it drops in and out easily
i rinse the pad in water to get rid of small particles
using a jar and lots of shaking and water changes
then soak in iso

dental tool makes screen removal easy-peasy

big clouds - they seem to be more visible than other vapes ive used

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
I bought this Hydratube recycler I've been using with my Hydrobrick Maxx:​

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2016-new-hot-item-hydratube-9-5-inches-bubbler/372671070.html

Awesome combo piece, good solid glass all around and very sturdy 18mm joint connection. Works great on my HB, as long as you don't put too much water. If there is too much water, some of it may leak through the 18mm joint at the base and into your material during your draw. You'll want the water level to be just slightly less than how it is in this demo vid I posted:

I ordered it with the 10-arm tree perc stand for use as a stand-alone rig and it also works perfect with the Yocan Torch or any other type of dab nail or vape device, pretty much anything with an 18mm connector. Another demo:

While attached to my HB Maxx it can be twisted around 270 degrees for adjustment if you remove the stash tube and stirring pick out of their slots. Remove the intake block to twist it a full 360.
The perc stand you can also be use seperately with the HB Maxx (or any 18mm) dry mouth piece.

9k35dz.jpg

Use each piece separately or combined, it's like a 3-for-1 deal! :D:D:D

Last edited:

almost there

I unintentionally performed my own drop test with my maxx mp and unfortunately the results were not favorable. Guess the mp only survives when it's hard wood floors and not kitchen tile. Hope there's a july 4th sale coming up, till then Jr will be getting all my attention
iWJ0PAn.jpg

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I unintentionally performed my own drop test with my maxx mp and unfortunately the results were not favorable. Guess the mp only survives when it's hard wood floors and not kitchen tile. Hope there's a july 4th sale coming up, till then Jr will be getting all my attention
iWJ0PAn.jpg
That's a shame, I hope you can replace it soon. You might want to think about picking up a hydrotube too just so you will always have a backup if the tube or the dry mouthpiece breaks.

Top Bottom