The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

damm

So I went to clean my Maxx and for the life of me could not get the male stem out , it was stuck in there good. Anyways thru my brute strength I broke and cracked it , the bottom half was still on the maxx so I grabbed a screw driver stuck in there and finished breaking it so I could get it out. Replacement part is only 11 $ so I am not upset about it. Still contemplating adding the sticky glass to the cart but damn why could they not make the price like 40-80 $ ?

Hmm must have gotten the o rings a little off when you put it in last; last time I put it in they tried to go past the hole and I imagine that maybe what happened to you and if you force it (I could have) it would have fit just fine.

I maybe spoiled but I don't know if I would spend 165$ for the Sticky Glass. I have a similar Hydratube and I didn't think it performed as well as I would liked it to.

But I just have a HydraBomb (Classic I guess now?) and it works quite well really can't complain.

Because that's probably what it cost them. This is US made, not coming from China like the DH Gate prices you are used to seeing.

Very much so; buying a HydraTube from VapeXHale isn't the end of the world. I had an EVO but the Hydratubes have a use again.

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

12 stories tall made of radiation
I'm pretty sure there's some pics or vids of that in the earlier pages of the thread. Skim or search, o hyporbean wanderer!:myday:

I'll probably be skimming this thread again tomorrow while I'm at work so I know what I'm doing when I get home and try my brick

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

My brick arrived a little while ago! I didn't expect it to be so small! Really solid feeling too. I like it.

So I tried to go ahead and take a few hits dry to get a feel for the thing. First of all, the included torches is a pain in the ass to fill. Or maybe it's just mine. Anyway, after getting it filled I put enough green to cover the screen and got to work. I first tried with a one inch flam and started about an inch above the intake. Didn't seem to get anything but warm air. I then tried with the solid blue part of the flame right inside the intake. This time there was hot air and right as I ran out of lung space there was a bit of vapor.

I then increased the flame length to about an inch and .75cm (guesstimating). Again, I tried an inch above the intake. This time I got light vapor and warm air. I then tried bringing the flame closer so it was just inside the intake. This time hot air and a lot of vapor, but only as I was again running out room.

To the brick sages in this thread, do you use a slow draw or just rip it? I tried both with limited success. I do plan on getting another torch but not for a little while due to funds

damm

My brick arrived a little while ago! I didn't expect it to be so small! Really solid feeling too. I like it.

So I tried to go ahead and take a few hits dry to get a feel for the thing. First of all, the included torches is a pain in the ass to fill. Or maybe it's just mine. Anyway, after getting it filled I put enough green to cover the screen and got to work. I first tried with a one inch flam and started about an inch above the intake. Didn't seem to get anything but warm air. I then tried with the solid blue part of the flame right inside the intake. This time there was hot air and right as I ran out of lung space there was a bit of vapor.

I then increased the flame length to about an inch and .75cm (guesstimating). Again, I tried an inch above the intake. This time I got light vapor and warm air. I then tried bringing the flame closer so it was just inside the intake. This time hot air and a lot of vapor, but only as I was again running out room.

To the brick sages in this thread, do you use a slow draw or just rip it? I tried both with limited success. I do plan on getting another torch but not for a little while due to funds

Draw speed does indeed change how much vapor is produced. If you Rip it; there will be less vapor than a slower draw.

... Another torch will likely help; depending how large the flame is you may want to increase the gas flow to the torch. If I recall my Honest torch was turned pretty low to begin with

P.S. Look on the bottom where you fill it; there should be a plus and minus. Turn it the direction of the plus ever so slightly; ignite and keep going until happy.

Pay attention to the flame also; there is an invisible portion of it that is at the tip. So keep that in mind when you make the flame larger; or if your not careful you can combust. If you do first step is.

1. Don't worry
  2. If you can't stand the taste empty the bowl and take a q-tip in moist water and just rub it all around the bowl and repeat until you get it pretty much back to where you were smelling. If you combust bad you can use a little sudsy soap on the tip of the q-tip first and then take a q-tip with clean water on the tip and rinse it until it comes out clean. Should only take a few
  3. Precision Q-Tips work pretty well for this; wiping it down with water is pretty good at reducing your smell also
  4. You may need to repeat this for the back part of the airpathway and the front 18mm if you combust real bad.
Lastly; https://piecewater.com/ I know people say it's expensive. It is; it's not Distilled water but it really helps filter out what water doesn't get; pretty interesting stuff. Sneaky Pete posted his review on it finally

3 bottles lasted me about a month and a half; time to buy more.

Edited: more details about combusting

Last edited:

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

Draw speed does indeed change how much vapor is produced. If you Rip it; there will be less vapor than a slower draw.

... Another torch will likely help; depending how large the flame is you may want to increase the gas flow to the torch. If I recall my Honest torch was turned pretty low to begin with

P.S. Look on the bottom where you fill it; there should be a plus and minus. Turn it the direction of the plus ever so slightly; ignite and keep going until happy.

Pay attention to the flame also; there is an invisible portion of it that is at the tip. So keep that in mind when you make the flame larger; or if your not careful you can combust. If you do first step is.

1. Don't worry
  2. If you can't stand the taste empty the bowl and take a q-tip in moist water and just rub it all around the bowl and repeat until you get it pretty much back to where you were smelling. If you combust bad you can use a little sudsy soap on the tip of the q-tip first and then take a q-tip with clean water on the tip and rinse it until it comes out clean. Should only take a few
  3. Precision Q-Tips work pretty well for this; wiping it down with water is pretty good at reducing your smell also
  4. You may need to repeat this for the back part of the airpathway and the front 18mm if you combust real bad.
Lastly; https://piecewater.com/ I know people say it's expensive. It is; it's not Distilled water but it really helps filter out what water doesn't get; pretty interesting stuff. Sneaky Pete posted his review on it finally

3 bottles lasted me about a month and a half; time to buy more.

Edited: more details about combusting

I went and tried another session. This time I turned the flame up a tiny bit, was a little more aggressive with the flame, slowed my draw down, and holy shit the clouds. Dry was warm but much smoother than anything I was expecting. I then broke out the bubbler, and after finagling the whip adapter, wow. Just wow.:freak::ko:

The size of the clouds this thing can get out of such a small amount, pretty incredible.

I love my brick!

ambertrichome

This time I turned the flame up a tiny bit, was a little more aggressive with the flame, slowed my draw down, and holy shit the clouds
Finding the same to be true :rockon:I started off with too smaller a flame then went over the top to scorch town. Now after finding my sweet spot I'm extracting half filled bowls in one draw, yeah I'm not micro dosing ATM but it's a new toy don't judge me :lol::science::sherlock:

Last edited:

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

Finding the same to be true :rockon:I started off with too smaller a flame then went over the top to scorch town. Now after finding my sweet spot I'm extracting half filled bowls in one draw, yeah I'm not micro dosing ATM but it's a new toy don't judge me :lol::science::sherlock:

What's weird is that's where I was too yesterday. Now I've figured out to some how apply a torch to a brick, witchcraft occurs, and I get monstrous clouds which somehow don't do much more than ever so slightly darken the devil's lettuce :shrug:

As a result I'm getting at least 5 huge, tasty, smooth clouds. Then I get a few more huge clouds, some respectable, and then whispy. End result ===:hmm::sherlock::razz::freak::zzz::rip:

I'm just not used to a vape that hits me with the :freak: hammer, all while being so dayum smooth.

Mind you, this has all come from rigorous testing in the name of....:science:science:science:. So of course I had to take a break from the intensive study to play tug and fetch with some logs and my German shepherd floof. The moonlight and barred owl calls added a nice ambiance to the gauntlet of tug :rofl:

Really though, thank you so much for turning me onto the brick @damm. And @Slow Draw McGraw, thank you and your awesome company for this little wonder brick. As a customer I am::smug:

Now, back to what I was doing upon coming back inside::mmmm:

Edit: grammar:doh:

ambertrichome

@ambertrichome mind me asking when your brick shipped? All this waiting is getting hard. Also, did you pick up the butane you linked? Happy Vaping brother :rockon:
No worries Jane Mary I ordered it on 4/20 and thanks to SBL it got to me on 5/1 in Australia, not bad:rockon:
No I didn't get the butane I linking. Instead due to an acute and unexpected case of the TAS I impulse purchased a creme brulee torch that came with gas that seemed ok :mental: mind you the torch has come in handy for some stuff around the house so.......I also bought 4 honest replacement torches on eBay during my brief illness:cool: they came out at about $7au delivered.:sherlock:

ambertrichome

@ambertrichome thanks for the quick reply! What shipping did you use? I'm in Melbourne and ordered on the 14th of April :hmm:. Could you link the torches? I picked up a can of the butane, will let you know how it goes when the Maxx arrives :tup:
To easy happy to help:tup: You got THE butane :o ? Nice one.:rockon:I may still buy a few at some stage soon. I went with the cheapest postage $23.75 I was surprised/stoked/shocked when it arrived super quick postage:sherlock:
Dude/dudette yours does seem to be a little slow but probably within the delivery dates...hopefully, it can be bummer waiting on online purchases sometimes but you will quickly forget about it :sherlock::whoa::borg:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191619424785?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
What's weird is that's where I was too yesterday. Now I've figured out to some how apply a torch to a brick, witchcraft occurs, and I get monstrous clouds which somehow don't do much more than ever so slightly darken the devil's lettuce :shrug:

As a result I'm getting at least 5 huge, tasty, smooth clouds. Then I get a few more huge clouds, some respectable, and then whispy. End result ===:hmm::sherlock::razz::freak::zzz::rip:

I'm just not used to a vape that hits me with the :freak: hammer, all while being so dayum smooth.

Mind you, this has all come from rigorous testing in the name of....:science:science:science:. So of course I had to take a break from the intensive study to play tug and fetch with some logs and my German shepherd floof. The moonlight and barred owl calls added a nice ambiance to the gauntlet of tug :rofl:

Really though, thank you so much for turning me onto the brick @damm. And @Slow Draw McGraw, thank you and your awesome company for this little wonder brick. As a customer I am::smug:

Now, back to what I was doing upon coming back inside::mmmm:

Edit: grammar:doh:
I love reading experiences like this! We are glad you are happy with your unit. While I appreciate the very kind words, I can't take all the credit; @StickyBricks definitely deserves the most praise.

I gave the advice to turn the flame up and slow the draw down a bit to someone a few days ago and they also had a success. So I feel that it is the key to obtain what everyone is looking for. Not being shy with the torch will help you find your technique faster.
Anyone can PM me anytime if you have any questions.

:peace:

disGRUNTled

Got the Canelo vs Chavez fight ordered pregaming with a couple of bowls one of my favorite strains Blue Dream thru the HydroBrick Maxx, enjoying a local Key Lime Pie Mead from Harris Meadery.
zfFw0eH.jpg

IUuAAPo.jpg

JRfv9nG.jpg

x2ll6n3.jpg

18278907_1425281860826315_8450265290093865179_o.jpg

FreddieFresh

damm

now would there be any difference in vapor production hydro vs maxx? evo might become just concentrates only haha also should get rid of my vapolution 3 to grab one of these

You will stop using the EVO for concentrates after you grab the banger and do a dry dab. (At least with the HydroBrick Maxx)

Sure you can toss a little shatter in the herb chamber and go; but it does a beautiful job on concentrates as well.

Top Bottom