The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

Jen

Tried again tonight through water, and holy fucking shit did I hit the floor. Massive rips, made me take a fucking knee sweet baby Jesus.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::o:o:o:love::love::love:
I hear ya. I'm pretty sure that the Maxx is my hardest hitting vape right now out of the Jr, FF2, Pax 2, and even my Mighty. Ok... maybe the Mighty hits as hard but it takes longer and is less efficient than my Brick.

Just got an Omnivap and I'm still playing around with it. Time will tell. But the Maxx is the real deal, dry mouthpiece or through water.

Liberty

I just purchased a Hydro Brick. I had an issue during purchase, which I immediately contacted Sticky Brick about. Within minutes, Sticky Brick wrote back telling me he fixed my screw up, which saved me $10.00.

Great customer service. It's very much appreciated.

disGRUNTled

Hey everyone,
The time has finally come! We are proud and excited to announce our first water filtration offering! We have developed our very own Glass tube called the Sticky Tube.
First, I would like to start by stating it is American made glass and made by our in-house glass blower in Asheville North Carolina. We designed this specifically for the Hydrobrick/Maxx. It features a single showerhead percolator and an 18mm female joint. You can find it at www.StickyBrickLabs.com in the 'Sticky Glass' section or by clicking here it will retail for $164.95.
Thank you everyone. We truly appreciate your ongoing support!

WrP1EfU.jpg

MCbBz8n.jpg
giphy.gif

MonkeyTime

So, I haven't seen a review on the sticky tube yet and mine arrived today and I couldn't wait to try it..... so here goes.

Very little draw resistance, I like that. Very thick glass, I like that too. It hits smooth, I really like it's action.

The mouthpiece is small, that's a personal preference, I like them a little larger. People that know me might just say I have a big mouth :lol:

I've only done two loads thru it, but I'm already guessing this will be a once in a while piece. While the glass is thick, the whole thing is pill shaped, including the bottom (base it sits on is much smaller than the diameter of the unit) and it doesn't like to stand upright. I do have a 18mm base on the way from DHGate, so that would help the standing situation. But this thing wants to fall over. The arm is long and heavy enough that even putting it down on a solid flat surface is a bit of an adventure. I don't like leaving glass on glass when not on use and this unit is not built to stand on it's own.

First fall was before I even got to use it, second was after a hit when I was just putting it down.

Maybe once my stand shows up I'll change my ways and keep that out, but without it, I've already emptied it and it's back in the box :shrug: I don't have this problem with any other glass HT's whether official Evo or DHGate, this is just too too top heavy for a smaller than I realized base.

I guess I'll have to try out the new SBJ water adapter next!:clap:

**Edit - After walking away, I realized that most of my post was directed negatively. I really like the piece and how it hits. It's VERY smooth and is matched very well with my Maxx! I'm also looking forward to throwing it on the Evo later.

I think my first reaction was based more on paying for good glass and feeling like it's all there except the simple part. Unfortunately, SBL has set an incredibly high standard in my head because both my Maxx and SBJ and their customer service is what I consider among the best! There's been minor modifications to the Maxx along the way, I'm guessing this will be considered for modification at some point too.

That, or maybe I'm just less coordinated than I thought!

Last edited:

CloudyDayz

I've been loving my hb maxx . .using it mostly with the dry mouthpiece.

What I found surprising is how important the quality of the flame is for good results. This is my first butane vape and I had little prior butane knowledge . .so it took me a little bit to figure it out, lol.

My first can of butane was Ronson . .big mistake. I was eager to use it and that's what I could easily get so I figured . .what could a bowl or 2 hurt . .I used to inhale bic lighters all the time (regular smoking), etc.

Well, anyway, it worked OK but I didn't get the best results. I had a hard time finding the "sweet spot" for the lighter flame. I got a lot of charred hits and some underdone ones, too. Once the lighter was not even half empty, though, the problem got worse to where the SB was really hard to use. The flame didn't "look" really weird or anything .. but it was weaker and a lot less consistent. I'd have to hold it closer . .and then it'd burn.

After that first fill of Ronson, I got some better butune . .something called Neon 11x. This filled better and burned better for longer. The flame didn't start getting weird until the lighter was almost empty.

Then I upgraded the torch to a G-Star...still really cheap but a stronger, more consistent flame than the Honest. Now with THAT torch and the good butane, hitting the SB is a totally different experience. It's way easier to get huge vapor hits without combusting. It's possible to use the water tool now . .with the inconsistent set-up I'd burn it nearly every time.

Like I said . .I had no real experience using butane prior to this. I had heard Ronson was crappy but I thought that was really just for extractions because of the impurities . .and that occasional vaping would be no different than smoking a bowl with a Bic.

I had no idea that there was a HUGE performance component to it, lol . .nor did I realize how much of a difference this would make for the SB.

So there you go, lol.

Liberty

I received my HB in the mail. Sticky Bricks got it to me in two days. Again, my experience with their customer service is great.

I absolutely love the vape. I tried it first with the dry stem. It wasn't that difficult to get good hits; just watch where you put the dark part of the flame.

The first hit taste is amazing - better than almost any other vape. The remainder of the bowl tastes like most vapes.

The efficiency is as good as my Enano. I use about 0.025g-0.1g per bowl.

I also tried it with the whip into my small glass water piece. Huge hits with effects nearly as good as a rosin dab.

One of the biggest surprises is the importance of the lighter. I smoke cigars and I have used jet lighters since the 90's. I tried a high end single jet lighter, a triple jet lighter, and the lighter that comes with the HB. It is generally true that a more expensive lighter will work better. But the lighter that comes with the HB is working well for me. I do use top quality butane too.

Which brings me to the last point: this vape, because it's heated with fire, is incredibly mobile. The biggest downside of vapes is being tied to the wall. This vape is much easier to pass around in the family room while watching a movie or whatever.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the vape. Great taste, efficiency, versatility, mobility, and great customer service.

MonkeyTime

Purchased a Hydrobrick maxx in walnut and I'm looking forward to getting it tommorow.

Just a quick question, would this hydrotube piece from dhgate be any good for it? I can't really justify spending 150+ for the real deal.

https://m.dhgate.com/product/new-big-vapexhale-hydratube-with-1-birdcage/388109628.html?f=edm|auto|auto_shipping_2017|browse1|20170327#pd-019
That will work fine, and if you don't have much experience with glass, it's a great first piece. I use the small version of the same piece almost daily.

almost there

I did that to my Cherry Daisy intake block. I used very fine sand paper, over a 1000 grit, and sanded with the grain. Came out pretty good. You can still see some scorch on inside edge to the left of the o-ring.
ueYfdfA.jpg
looks like you did a great job sanding off the scorch marck. This happened to me and I'm looking to do the same, can you tell me if it's difficult to sand down and how much did you have to take off? Most importantly is everything leveled after you sanded it down and how did you refinish it after the sanding? Thanks.

Bizkat

looks like you did a great job sanding off the scorch marck. This happened to me and I'm looking to do the same, can you tell me if it's difficult to sand down and how much did you have to take off? Most importantly is everything leveled after you sanded it down and how did you refinish it after the sanding? Thanks.
@almost there , it wasn't that hard, took about 30 minutes. I took out the intake tube to get that out of the way. I only concentrated on the scorch mark and continued till it was gone. Being that I used a very high grit (1200 I believe) sand paper, there's no visible unevenness on the wood surface. Just go with the grain. I only applied beeswax wood butter after.
Now my Daisy is cherry wood so I can't tell you how walnut or other woods would react. Before I started I was worried I would screw it up but I just couldn't stand seeing that ugly scorch every time I used it.

almost there

@almost there , it wasn't that hard, took about 30 minutes. I took out the intake tube to get that out of the way. I only concentrated on the scorch mark and continued till it was gone. Being that I used a very high grit (1200 I believe) sand paper, there's no visible unevenness on the wood surface. Just go with the grain. I only applied beeswax wood butter after.
Now my Daisy is cherry wood so I can't tell you how walnut or other woods would react. Before I started I was worried I would screw it up but I just couldn't stand seeing that ugly scorch every time I used it.
Tell me about it, it's at eye level and that's all I could think about whenever I'm using it. Thanks a million for writing back, I was worried, your post was from a bit back I wasn't sure if U'd move on and not respond.

almost there,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

RollTheCar

Does anybody have any preferences between a bomb style tube vs a shower-head tube? Thinking about grabbing one of these soon, just seeing what you guys prefer:)

RollTheCar,

almost there

I believe walnut is supposed to have the strongest wood flavor. My OG Brick is walnut, the wood flavor faded quite a bit but it took a few weeks at least. Now it is very subtle and noticeable mostly at the end of the bowl.

If your torch is set too low it can cause more wood flavor sometimes because the vapor is so thin. A really hot torch can do a similar thing because it's getting the wood too hot.

Once you get your technique dialed in and the wood broken in the taste should be very subtle. I consider myself a flavor chaser for sure and I have no complaints about my Sticky vaporizers in that regard.

There's been discussion about using hash oil or reclaim to "season" the airpath and reduce the wood flavor, but I'm not sure if anyone ever tried it out.
how would you compare the taste of your spalted maple jr vs the walnut? I really love the scent that the maple emits, is the walnut aroma very different? Wish I have friends that vapes so I can actually try stuff out instead of having to buy everything I want to try.:\

@MonkeyTime would you mind posting the link to your HT?

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
how would you compare the taste of your spalted maple jr vs the walnut? I really love the scent that the maple emits, is the walnut aroma very different? Wish I have friends that vapes so I can actually try stuff out instead of having to buy everything I want to try.:\

@MonkeyTime would you mind posting the link to your HT?
The walnut is very similar in taste and aroma, maybe slightly different. It is a little stronger too, at least at first. If you enjoy the woody aroma I would think you will enjoy walnut as much as maple, if not more so.

Top Bottom