The HI

btka

sorry for that maybe dumb question but I am wondering lately what type of heating elements are used in the HIs (ss core and hybrid core) ceramic heating element like i the nano or a resistor.... I am abroad for some time and could not use my HIs a lot until now... hopefully this will change when back at home...

NickDlow

Log Hog
Just found out that Koa stem is a little uv reactive, check it out!
AMC6AS2.jpg

ZC

Contact Alan. He may have some older Hi's in stock, that's how I got mine. Last time I asked he also had the Toasty Top in stock but with HI heater covers, at which point it's basically a HI with a different shape.

I'm still on the waiting list for some custom stuff, but you may not have to wait long.

I will mention that Alan can take longer than others to answer emails. I've gone a full week without a reply from him. But his work is always worth the wait.

little maggie

Definitely contact him. My name came up and I planned to order a Hi and TT. Having waited so long I got impatient and bought an already made maple TT which is just beautiful. I'm getting a custom Hi which is taking longer than the premade TT. He is making some new stems which are also very nce.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@Slow Draw McGraw - Sorry to hear about the oil spill. Hope your foot is better. The hemp fiber can make things a little safer for the aromatherapy cup.

@btka - I am using the same resistor that has been used in all of the previous 12 volt log style vaporizers. It has a ceramic core that is wrapped in resistive wire which is then covered with vitreous enamel (melted powder glass).

@NickDlow - Thanks for posting the photo. Very cool find.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Thanks everyone for being so helpful. I ended buying a piece that was premade and I'm very happy with it. It's essentially a heat island, but in the toasty top shape. Assuming Alan is right and it's the heat island technology that makes it work, than I have no need to go over 12v would a heat island. This thing can go from cooking your herb to singing your herb if you aren't careful.

Great community here in general, but this thread is a wealth of information. Thanks for being patient with me newer users, it can be a lot of reading, and search is hard to dig through at times. Was a pleasure doing business with Alan!

boon

My Bamboo Hibrid is here.:love:

His coming with a bamboo voltage controler, a Satinwood 14mm WonG all wood 3.5" and a Osage orange 18mm WonG all wood 2.5" wich are awesome.
It was a pleasure too doing business with Alan. I'm really happy with my purchase and the variety of stem.
I pay sunday, monday the Hi was sending and the last tuesday i receive it in France :tup:

It's time to test all the stem :freak:

boon

Sorry for double post but i have to share...

here is the true :p
LwGWoLX.jpg

pK69iFL.jpg

I was really surprised by the size of this (see beside the vapman). The voltage controller is really awesome .
When the package arrived, i tell to my wife OH Shit!! It's only your phone :rofl:

Padawan life is hard...i've to go back training with my Bamboo :wave:

Modnote: Edited to display images

Last edited by a moderator:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I am so glad I got the chance to buy an old model'of HI while waiting for my turn in line (should not be too longer :) ) as it is my favorite way to vape at home.

I like a lot to switch my vapes as they all delivers in a slightly different way and IMO this helps to keep tolerance down, but for 1 hitter I have nothing as my HI through SS stem.
Flavor isn't as fresh/convective as with a glass stem (and core) it is rather roasted, but the radiation/conduction added by the stainless steel stem squeeze all the goods of a very little pinch in one dense, easy to came, potent hit

I rarely use my glass core, and definetely it delivers more freshy/grassy taste, but it is a different experience, involving stirring and more than one hit out of a bowl; I like fresh taste and sessions too - depending on what is on my immediate schedule, but stirring I don't ;)

Another good feature of the steel gong or SSONG is that it helps to keep vapeing frustration free, it falls- no stress it is unbreakable, it makes me think of you @ataxian , almost each time it falls I had a thought for you and your search for an unbreakable ONG :)

caNhLka.jpg

Had to force myself stopping halfway to show and tell picture
so dense so easy to came :mmmm:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I am so glad I got the chance to buy an old model'of HI while waiting for my turn in line (should not be too longer :) ) as it is my favorite way to vape at home.

I like a lot to switch my vapes as they all delivers in a slightly different way and IMO this helps to keep tolerance down, but for 1 hitter I have nothing as my HI through SS stem.
Flavor isn't as fresh/convective as with a glass stem (and core) it is rather roasted, but the radiation/conduction added by the stainless steel stem squeeze all the goods of a very little pinch in one dense, easy to came, potent hit

I rarely use my glass core, and definetely it delivers more freshy/grassy taste, but it is a different experience, involving stirring and more than one hit out of a bowl; I like fresh taste and sessions too - depending on what is on my immediate schedule, but stirring I don't ;)

Another good feature of the steel gong or SSONG is that it helps to keep vapeing frustration free, it falls- no stress it is unbreakable, it makes me think of you @ataxian , almost each time it falls I had a thought for you and your search for an unbreakable ONG :)

caNhLka.jpg

Had to force myself stopping halfway to show and tell picture
so dense so easy to came :mmmm:
Attachable's that do not break are a vaporist dream!

little maggie

Thanks everyone for being so helpful. I ended buying a piece that was premade and I'm very happy with it. It's essentially a heat island, but in the toasty top shape. Assuming Alan is right and it's the heat island technology that makes it work, than I have no need to go over 12v would a heat island. This thing can go from cooking your herb to singing your herb if you aren't careful.

Great community here in general, but this thread is a wealth of information. Thanks for being patient with me newer users, it can be a lot of reading, and search is hard to dig through at times. Was a pleasure doing business with Alan!
Congratulations! I waited for about 1.5 years and had no idea I could get a premade. Now I have a beautiful premade maple and my custom HI will be coming soon. I liked with the TT that even though the body was premade I was able to choose wood for the mp.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Congratulations! I waited for about 1.5 years and had no idea I could get a premade. Now I have a beautiful premade maple and my custom HI will be coming soon. I liked with the TT that even though the body was premade I was able to choose wood for the mp.
?Do you like the vapor quality?

ataxian,

hoptimum

imagine all that power under control instead of on the verge of scorching your herb. That's what it's like using a VVPS. Alan has a remarkable array of stem designs both for water and direct and dry. The slide o' bowl is very impressive.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
imagine all that power under control instead of on the verge of scorching your herb. That's what it's like using a VVPS. Alan has a remarkable array of stem designs both for water and direct and dry. The slide o' bowl is very impressive.

I actually do not need to immagine it, I use the same vvps Alan is selling :) , big improvement !
Set on 11,3v for the picture, abv is dark brown when I fill the bowl to the top but not scorched/charred. With a half load it is a light brown.

If I start inhaling before putting HI on top (less heat conduction) taste is fresher near as with glass but I don't mind too much and not dislike roasted flavor either (It is not the popcorn like spent taste btw)

hoptimum

I actually do not need to immagine it, I use the same vvps Alan is selling :) , big improvement !
Set on 11,3v for the picture, abv is dark brown when I fill the bowl to the top but not scorched/charred. With a half load it is a light brown.

If I start inhaling before putting HI on top (less heat conduction) taste is fresher near as with glass but I don't mind too much and not dislike roasted flavor either (It is not the popcorn like spent taste btw)

:clap:

hoptimum,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
There is a part of me that wishes I had gotten on the list for a custom HI, but it seems like maybe it's being discouraged?

Anyway, vvps would be nice now that I think about using a stainless steel at a slightly lower setting would be pretty sweet. Anyway, I love my awkward looking toasty top with hi guts. Great vapor quality.

Yes, choosing a wand was cool, but I was a little overwhelmed even with just that lol
Now that I've been playing with it for a while, I have more solid ideas about what I like. :) I like being able to mix and match parts of a roasting tube. Silicone rules haha

little maggie

There is a part of me that wishes I had gotten on the list for a custom HI, but it seems like maybe it's being discouraged?

Anyway, vvps would be nice now that I think about using a stainless steel at a slightly lower setting would be pretty sweet. Anyway, I love my awkward looking toasty top with hi guts. Great vapor quality.

Yes, choosing a wand was cool, but I was a little overwhelmed even with just that lol
Now that I've been playing with it for a while, I have more solid ideas about what I like. :) I like being able to mix and match parts of a roasting tube. Silicone rules haha
Ordering from Alan is not being discouraged. He's just a single craftsman so it takes a while for him to get through the list. Not too late for you to get on it.

And I have a question. I was just looking at the website and I'd like to know what wood the HI is made from on the main page. My HI is done and should be on the way soon but I missed seeing that picture. The wood is so interesting.

Top Bottom