• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If the function is comparable, I'm thinking of getting a toasty-top and a HI each with a different core. Trying to ask my questions here so I don't bug Alan with all my questions.

Alan can give you the best info though, went back and forth with him so much mine took a long while but well worth the wait. I'd suggest going SS Toasty Top and then get a glass core HIbrid mags, and don't forget to try as many varieties of roasting tubes as possible! :tup:

little maggie

Alan can give you the best info though, went back and forth with him so much mine took a long while but well worth the wait. I'd suggest going SS Toasty Top and then get a glass core HIbrid mags, and don't forget to try as many varieties of roasting tubes as possible! :tup:

Alan's been too busy and hasn't responded to my emails. But I'm going to get exactly what you recommend. I wonder if I can get a HI shaped like yours. I really like the curves.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Alan's been too busy and hasn't responded to my emails. But I'm going to get exactly what you recommend. I wonder if I can get a HI shaped like yours. I really like the curves.

Nice! Yeah he multitasks, but he'll get back to you eventually when he can devote more time to the next HI project (with me he also had some email troubles actually but that should all be fine now). I think I may try to get a toasty island when my name comes back up too... I'm sure Alan can hook you up with some curves for your HI too:brow:, he wasnt certain with me at first but then it came out better than I imagined even... thank you for the admiration, I am quite enamored with it myself :luv:

killick

But I like it!
My name came up, too! I have 2 blocks of wood there, and like most of the last few on the list I have no clue what I'm after. Stainless or hybrid? VVPS? The most important part, of course, is to hilight the wood to it's most beautiful. How many stems per block? Time to start going through the thread and checking pix again :)

Nugg

@killick The easy answer is to get both cores. Alan is pretty nifty with how he breaks up the wood blanks. Depending on size you should be able to get at least 1 wong or stem as well as the vape out of a blank.

VVPS - I just got mine in the mail (I'll post pics when I get some free time) and it is so very awesome. It's well worth having in my opinion.

Good luck trying to decide :D

hoptimum

@killick The easy answer is to get both cores. Alan is pretty nifty with how he breaks up the wood blanks. Depending on size you should be able to get at least 1 wong or stem as well as the vape out of a blank.

VVPS - I just got mine in the mail (I'll post pics when I get some free time) and it is so very awesome. It's well worth having in my opinion.

Good luck trying to decide :D

I consider the vvps an essential complement to the HI

catbird

hyperconscious
sumac hybrid + lilac tube = <3

IMG_2586.jpg

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Been using a glass core HI right alongside a Nano these last couple of days... both through a Luke Wilson 54-arm bubbler. Nano is on 7 while HI is at 12.15 volts. Both are leaving identically extracted ABV at their respective voltage points.

the glass core's effect is superior to that of the Nano in my opinion. Both are akin to sipping on very fine wines with two hits from each and stirring the load in between. The glass core produces a high which feels like your mind is detaching from your body. I had some firecrackers yesterday then took some HIbrid rips about an hour later and felt like I was on MDMA while walking through the park. There was a glow over everything. Only time I've experienced a level of highness like that was about two years ago.

btw Alan - that micro VVPS you're currently making looks amazing!! :cool:

btka

got my HIs today very beautiful both... real artwork...
also the size and weight of the HIs is optimal for a log in my opinion
also the wooden roasting tube with metal tip is very powerful and I was really suprised how efficient it is... both in effects and used amount of herb and nice clouds..
I will report more later I have to get more familar with my HIs....and leran how to optimize... any help is appriciated which will shorten my leraning time
I am very happy with my purchase and it was also a pleasure to deal with alan! thank you @Alan !

I like clouds and I like taste with the ss core

how much volts are you using with the ss core and how much volts with glass core... for best taste and nice clouds...

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
Best wishes with your new additions. Your HIs will provide you with both efficient and effective delivery of green vegetative material; not to mention the artistry of its visual presentation. Further...you'll soon discover a solid and well-informed community in this sub-forum. My experience with the products find the glass core performs best at 12.25 - 12.45 volts. I usually start with the glass core then finish with the SS at 11.75. Again...welcome!

btka

Best wishes with your new additions. Your HIs will provide you with both efficient and effective delivery of green vegetative material; not to mention the artistry of its visual presentation. Further...you'll soon discover a solid and well-informed community in this sub-forum. My experience with the products find the glass core performs best at 12.25 - 12.45 volts. I usually start with the glass core then finish with the SS at 11.75. Again...welcome!
thank you for your kind words and help...

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL however vaporizers are blow dryers!
I agree that most vaporizers only purpose is to make hot air. That is why the roasting tube design is so important and why I offer so many different kinds. My current favorite is where I sandwich the material between two screens so that the hot air is forced to go through the entire mass of material similar to how espresso is made. No stirring is required and the glass stays cleaner because no fine particles are produced from stirring.

@btka - Thanks for posting the photos. Glad you are enjoying your HI.

@JJ420 - Glad you like my new voltage controllers and good to hear your HI is still performing well.

I wanted to share an idea for cleaning the spent material from your roasting bowl. I hot glued a sewing needle to the cap of a storage container. It is such an easy mod and works really well to keep your screens clean. The needle fits nicely inside when closed.

pickabowl.jpg

Here is another item I have been making. It is a silicone tube wrapped with cotton string. There are silicone sleeves on each end to hold the string in place. No more sticky silicone tubing that picks up every piece of dust. This has a very nice feel to it and helps prevent kinking. The tubing is 7/16" x 5/16" high temperature / medical grade.

cottonsiliconetube.jpg

I recently made a tool that allows me to make short male to male adapters that are lined with a glass tube. This one is made from cocobolo. The glass tube is 13mm and accepts 10mm basket screens. It will work with the HI, UD, Enano, Milanna, LSV, and many other vaporizers using an 18mm F2F adapter. I can also make single male 18mm adapters with glass tube liners.

m2m18mmcocobolo.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I agree that most vaporizers only purpose is to make hot air. That is why the roasting tube design is so important and why I offer so many different kinds. My current favorite is where I sandwich the material between two screens so that the hot air is forced to go through the entire mass of material similar to how espresso is made. No stirring is required and the glass stays cleaner because no fine particles are produced from stirring.

@btka - Thanks for posting the photos. Glad you are enjoying your HI.

@JJ420 - Glad you like my new voltage controllers and good to hear your HI is still performing well.

I wanted to share an idea for cleaning the spent material from your roasting bowl. I hot glued a sewing needle to the cap of a storage container. It is such an easy mod and works really well to keep your screens clean. The needle fits nicely inside when closed.

pickabowl.jpg

Here is another item I have been making. It is a silicone tube wrapped with cotton string. There are silicone sleeves on each end to hold the string in place. No more sticky silicone tubing that picks up every piece of dust. This has a very nice feel to it and helps prevent kinking. The tubing is 7/16" x 5/16" high temperature / medical grade.

cottonsiliconetube.jpg

I recently made a tool that allows me to make short male to male adapters that are lined with a glass tube. This one is made from cocobolo. The glass tube is 13mm and accepts 10mm basket screens. It will work with the HI, UD, Enano, Milanna, LSV, and many other vaporizers using an 18mm F2F adapter. I can also make single male 18mm adapters with glass tube liners.

m2m18mmcocobolo.jpg
That Cocobolo roasting wong is a stunner Alan! You are always coming up with greatness!

NickDlow

Log Hog
The day has come (yesterday) that I recieve my Hisabors and start my JedHi training!! It's long overdue. I've had one from the classifieds but there nothing like your own as you all know. @Alan killed my order, each piece is more beautiful than the last! Here's a group picture for you guys.

0krQdN7.jpg

I recieved a Buckeye Burl Hibryd and a Koa SS core. Also in the middle is a jar made from Amboyna Burl and a mini vvps on an Amboyna Burl block. Then the various roasting tubes made from Buckeye and Koa.

All of this gorgeous wood, besides the stand(@Ed's TnT) came from @Snappo and in the hands of @Alan he has turned it into pure gold. Thank you both for making this happen.

Lip465

woooo
I've been having trouble cleaning my HI stem, the screen is still clogged after the metal piece soaked in ISO for a day. Tried ISO and salt shake too but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Is the wooden part safe to soak in Isopropyl? There's a lot of oil built up in it too. Thanks

Lip465,

NickDlow

Log Hog
I've been having trouble cleaning my HI stem, the screen is still clogged after the metal piece soaked in ISO for a day. Tried ISO and salt shake too but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Is the wooden part safe to soak in Isopropyl? There's a lot of oil built up in it too. Thanks

DO NOT SOAK ANY WOOD IN ISO!!

You should be able to remove the screen to clean it. I soak mine then burn it off with a butane torch.

What stem is it?

For the wood part, lightly dampen a towel or qtip and wipe the inside of the wood. If you can snake a piece of paper towel through the whole stem, that works the best. Then wipe it dry.

I personally use Jack Daniels honey whiskey to clean my wood. That way I don't mind if there's a little after taste.

Last edited:
Top Bottom