• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
@Justpassedu
From my small experience there are 3 categories of stem/WTA:

Glass ones : almost or completely convection. Purest taste but as with every convection device you have to pull a little to transfer heat and get vapor.

SS ones : unbreakable, they have a smaller diameter. SS add some radiation/conduction to the mix making vapor production effortless and immediate and stirring useless (loosing some of the convection signature on the down side), it works like a one hitter for me. Theese stems/WTA works only with SS core.

Wood ones : do not own any so can't tell. I guess they acts like glass but with a little wood smell and more durable?

My favorite WT adapter is the glass one, 14/18 with cork fitting at 15usd.
With my bamboo hybrid core (glass) I like a lot the glass stem, letting the stem roast on the heat port between hits (there is very little cocking in between but you have to pull less to get vapor going). With my SS core I prefer SS stem and WTA.

I suggest you to add to your stems order also the voltage modulator Alan is selling, not only it allows for fine 0.1V tuning but it will accept any dc source as input (from 5v)

Have fun!

Justpassedu

@Justpassedu
From my small experience there are 3 categories of stem/WTA:

Glass ones : almost or completely convection. Purest taste but as with every convection device you have to pull a little to transfer heat and get vapor.

SS ones : unbreakable, they have a smaller diameter. SS add some radiation/conduction to the mix making vapor production effortless and immediate and stirring useless (loosing some of the convection signature on the down side), it works like a one hitter for me. Theese stems/WTA works only with SS core.

Wood ones : do not own any so can't tell. I guess they acts like glass but with a little wood smell and more durable?

My favorite WT adapter is the glass one, 14/18 with cork fitting at 15usd.
With my bamboo hybrid core (glass) I like a lot the glass stem, letting the stem roast on the heat port between hits (there is very little cocking in between but you have to pull less to get vapor going). With my SS core I prefer SS stem and WTA.

I suggest you to add to your stems order also the voltage modulator Alan is selling, not only it allows for fine 0.1V tuning but it will accept any dc source as input (from 5v)

Have fun!
Appreciate all your help man , I believe the Hi I am receiving is a bubinga/Purple Heart and has a ss core . I know I will be receiving a few different stems with but am unsure on wich ones exactly . I def know he said he was including a adjust a bowl . I guess I'll have to figure it all out when it arrives and play around. Your post was a great start to helping me - ty

hoptimum

Appreciate all your help man , I believe the Hi I am receiving is a bubinga/Purple Heart and has a ss core . I know I will be receiving a few different stems with but am unsure on wich ones exactly . I def know he said he was including a adjust a bowl . I guess I'll have to figure it all out when it arrives and play around. Your post was a great start to helping me - ty

the variety of stem options is daunting. My standby for using the HI with a bubbler is the Cork on Glass.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'm reading back a few pages, I need to get on the list and always forget to shoot him an email.....

Can anyone summarize what the difference in core styles is? I'm assuming the SS core is similar to an Underdog? If any dog lovers are here, is it more like an Air Core or a standard (based on my readings, seems like an Air based on fast heatup, but I could be wrong)

But the idea of a glass core is intriguing, as is a Hybrid core........love log vapes, have too many truthfully :lol: so to justify another in the arsenal I'll probably go with a glass or a Hybrid core whenever the time may come, just since it will be different.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm reading back a few pages, I need to get on the list and always forget to shoot him an email.....

Can anyone summarize what the difference in core styles is? I'm assuming the SS core is similar to an Underdog? If any dog lovers are here, is it more like an Air Core or a standard (based on my readings, seems like an Air based on fast heatup, but I could be wrong)

But the idea of a glass core is intriguing, as is a Hybrid core........love log vapes, have too many truthfully :lol: so to justify another in the arsenal I'll probably go with a glass or a Hybrid core whenever the time may come, just since it will be different.

Glass core = hybrid core = HIbrid

It is absolutely justified man, I don't need the UD anymore, this is high class vaping right here (including the micro vvps)... Some day I'll get a standard core too, maybe more, and the stem options are endless. Best way to learn about them is do searches here, a lot of recent pages have the best info and comparisons actually

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@Shit Snacks thanks man, the stems are really out of this world looking! I've basically assessed that the Hibrids use glass stems, etc, while the SS core is more like the SS Underdog tip design...I love the amount of options :) and I like the glass end on the wooden body, that is sexy...

I reckon I will get one of each when my time comes :lol:

NickDlow

Log Hog
@Shit Snacks thanks man, the stems are really out of this world looking! I've basically assessed that the Hibrids use glass stems, etc, while the SS core is more like the SS Underdog tip design...I love the amount of options :) and I like the glass end on the wooden body, that is sexy...

I reckon I will get one of each when my time comes :lol:

That's the only safe way to do it lol

I did the exact same thing.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
So I've recently found out about the Heat Island (HI) and I really like that it's an economic vape. I had been set on a nano so I just want to ask, what would I be missing out on (if anything) if I get a HI instead of a nano.

I guess what I really want to know is about the heating element. The nano heats up faster, does that mean it has more power to deliver toasty air on demand? The HI says it keeps up with hot air production because it doesn't have a full metal core or somesuch, It made me think of the underdog vape and their air core and standard core models. Is that basically what I'm looking at in differences? I don't mind a 3 minute difference in heat up time. I plan to only plug it in 3-4 times a day. I'm also assuming that if I get a variable power supply and provide 15 volts to it it will also heat up in 2 minutes. If anyone has these two models, please let me know.

If you happen to have an Underdog as well please chime in. I started off picking a nano because it was the one I'd seen and liked. Then I saw an underdog and looked up youtube videos. Once I was on youtube the HI popped up and I was like that thing is tiny!

I really like the tiny look of the HI. If anything that may be what convinces me to pick it (and the budget).

I cross posted this in the HI and Nano threads.

Justpassedu

I think my Hi may be sitting at my doorstep , cant wait to get off work today , take the day off tomorrow and enjoy a nice long weekend. Any tips for me please ? - I do not have a vvps at the moment , I will be using whatever comes with it ( standard 12v cord ) . Also do Solo and Air stems fit in it with a stainless core ? I have a bunch of those around .

NickDlow

Log Hog
@NickDlow another one?!!?? :whip:;pd;

Another one? No.

Another two? Yes!

And a stash jar.

Ok ok I'll show you guys

WfS0RXC.jpg

Last edited:

Justpassedu

So I been using my Hi now since Thursday , I don't think it is the vape for me. Craftsmanship is amazing I am not knocking the product but personally I am more of a session vape type of guy. I don't like leaving a vaporizer on all day long as it makes me somewhat nervous. I am not sure if I am using it wrong also. So far I have tried 2 out of the 4 stems I had , 1 is all glass that I used and the other is wood with a stainless tip. I have no vvps and I was only able to achieve 4-8 hit's from a packing. Grind med-fine , loose pack , slightly tamped , hold to mouth like a cigar and move stem around until I feel the vapor flowing and back off. I get nice rips but not many. I normally pack my other vapes and get 15-25 hits. Is this normal ? Is this vape more of a small session vape , take a few hits and re pack ?

Last edited:

Teri

JedHI Master
Company Rep
STAINLESS STEEL BASKET-STYLE SHAPED SCREENS FROM teri@toasty-top.com

10 SCREENS FOR $5 + $2 SHIPPING

ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT

12mm – Fits Milaana, LSV
10mm – Fits 13mm and 15mm glass tubes (10mm ID), Underdog, E-Nano
8.5mm – Fits 10mm glass mouthpiece tubes
6.5mm – Fits 5/16” stainless steel tubes, Underdog, PD, Zap

Our shaped screens provide great air flow for a flavorful roast. They are ideal for dual screen roasting, whereby material sandwiched between them roasts evenly, without stirring, allowing them to stay cleaner and last longer.

Two 12mm shaped screens stacked inside Milaana 18mm stem:

12mmscreens.jpg

L-R: 12mm, 10mm, 8.5mm, 6.5mm:

shapedscreens.jpg

Email teri@toasty-top.com

Teri

JedHI Master
Company Rep
So I been using my Hi now since Thursday , I don't think it is the vape for me. Craftsmanship is amazing I am not knocking the product but personally I am more of a session vape type of guy. I don't like leaving a vaporizer on all day long as it makes me somewhat nervous. I am not sure if I am using it wrong also. So far I have tried 2 out of the 4 stems I had , 1 is all glass that I used and the other is wood with a stainless tip. I have no vvps and I was only able to achieve 4-8 hit's from a packing. Grind med-fine , loose pack , slightly tamped , hold to mouth like a cigar and move stem around until I feel the vapor flowing and back off. I get nice rips but not many. I normally pack my other vapes and get 15-25 hits. Is this normal ? Is this vape more of a small session vape , take a few hits and re pack ?

Sorry to hear that your HI wasn't quite right for you. It's a connoisseur vape that gives you first-hit flavor more often, which does, indeed, require packing the bowl more often. Concentrates can be added to provide more hits per bowl, however, you still won't get 25. :)

Justpassedu

You are leaving it on all day and night at 12 Volts!!!!! ??????
The 1st day I had it I did as I forgot about it. In general I don't like leaving anything on all day esp. when I am not around so that will not happen again.

Sorry to hear that your HI wasn't quite right for you. It's a connoisseur vape that gives you first-hit flavor more often, which does, indeed, require packing the bowl more often. Concentrates can be added to provide more hits per bowl, however, you still won't get 25. :)

Thank you Teri , I have to say the work and craftsmanship is amazing, this is my 1st Log so I am still learning a bit. I am not new to vaping just new to logs. I will say that flavor tasted great the 1st few hits but you may be correct in that it just may not suit my style of vaping. I'll def give it a try with some concentrate.

btka

The 1st day I had it I did as I forgot about it. In general I don't like leaving anything on all day esp. when I am not around so that will not happen again.

Thank you Teri , I have to say the work and craftsmanship is amazing, this is my 1st Log so I am still learning a bit. I am not new to vaping just new to logs. I will say that flavor tasted great the 1st few hits but you may be correct in that it just may not suit my style of vaping. I'll def give it a try with some concentrate.

vaping with logs require small loads, I normally use 0.02 to 0.05g in my nano (HIs are on the way) the advantage of this is I get 1 to 2 clouds with superb flavor and 1 to 2 hits with clouds but not as good flavor as the first two ... using with bubbler strictly.. but if I remember correctly with the tube /stem I got up to 8 clouds... logs are also very effective regarding your used amount of herb... I would suggest packing less herb...

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
vaping with logs require small loads, I normally use 0.02 to 0.05g in my nano (HIs are on the way) the advantage of this is I get 1 to 2 clouds with superb flavor and 1 to 2 hits with clouds but not as good flavor as the first two ... using with bubbler strictly.. but if I remember correctly with the tube /stem I got up to 8 clouds... logs are also very effective regarding your used amount of herb... I would suggest packing less herb...

Agreed, for me too it works better as a hitter rather thas a sipper (this is where SS stem works the best IMO) micro load rapidly extracted with big flavourfull cloud-s
Even if the hybrid core with glass stem seems to give me more a session oriented experience (always the half max of a solo bowl).

@Justpassedu I understand your anxiety letting a device on and unattended, I was the same at the beginning, now that I created a little corner safe (have no house pets) I left mine on for hours, rarely the whole day on very lazy week ends. I find useless to keep heating during night or when at work

Justpassedu

Agreed, for me too it works better as a hitter rather thas a sipper (this is where SS stem works the best IMO) micro load rapidly extracted with big flavourfull cloud-s
Even if the hybrid core with glass stem seems to give me more a session oriented experience (always the half max of a solo bowl).

@Justpassedu I understand your anxiety letting a device on and unattended, I was the same at the beginning, now that I created a little corner safe (have no house pets) I left mine on for hours, rarely the whole day on very lazy week ends. I find useless to keep heating during night or when at work
Thanks all , while I respect the product , design and beauty of it I just don't think it is my type of machine. I am more of a session vaper. If I need a micro dose it is usually a quick hit of concentrate from a pen or my grasshopper when it comes. I cannot leave something on all day and take any chances as I live in a condo with other people surrounding me plus while most confirm it is safe it would still be on my mind bothering me. Appreciate the clarification and i'll most likely have it up for trade soon , I was going to give it to my father to start vaping but he'd need something a bit easier as he has trouble already with some easy pens I have bought him.

Top Bottom