The HI

AngryJon

Sweet got the email that my name came back up on the list

I also got an e-mail with that my name come up

Hey guys, I'm just curious (and I'd be happy to hear about other past experiences as well), what's the current status of your work with @Alan ?

I only ask because while I received an email from @Alan saying my name had come up on the list on Feb 11 (@Alan originally confirmed me on the list on July 15, 2014), I have only received one email from him since on Feb 25. And that email was mostly explanatory about Heat Islands in general. I replied to @Alan 's email that night, and then a week later, during which I received no reply myself, @Scott A and @btka popped up here claiming to have popped off the list. I've sent two more unreplied mails since (on the 3rd and 7th) to query about my status.

So I'd really like to know, does this mirror other experiences? I have no qualms being patient if this is the process, but with no word from @Alan I'm really kind of lost here.

AngryJon,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

Vape Dr.

So I'd really like to know, does this mirror other experiences? I have no qualms being patient if this is the process, but with no word from @Alan I'm really kind of lost here.

@AngryJon I have corresponded with Alan through emails many many times.
If he doesn't get back to you it means He's probably extremely busy, or possibly out of town.:shrug:

He is in the process of making the bamboo HIs as well as the HIs on the list so He is probably just busting ass to get them done because they are due here shortly.:clap:

I have nothing but faith in Alan and his products for what it's worth.:tup:

Maybe try putting URGENT HI QUESTION in the header so it will be hard for him to miss your email. I'm sure he will get back to you.
Especially because you posted here. He seems to watch the thread and be as present as possible with updates.

Hang in there my friend! I'm sure he will get back to you soon!:)

Nugg

@AngryJon Alan gets super busy from time to time. I'm still waiting for a reply from an email I sent over a month ago. It's just part and parcel of the whole process. The replys are normally quite long and detailed so I think if he doesn't have time to give it his full attention he will wait till he can (I am the same, I'd rather wait to reply to someone than give them a half arse late night reply).

Hang in there and he will get back to you. He always does.

btka

Hey guys, I'm just curious (and I'd be happy to hear about other past experiences as well), what's the current status of your work with @Alan ?

I only ask because while I received an email from @Alan saying my name had come up on the list on Feb 11 (@Alan originally confirmed me on the list on July 15, 2014), I have only received one email from him since on Feb 25. And that email was mostly explanatory about Heat Islands in general. I replied to @Alan 's email that night, and then a week later, during which I received no reply myself, @Scott A and @btka popped up here claiming to have popped off the list. I've sent two more unreplied mails since (on the 3rd and 7th) to query about my status.

do not worry I also think he is ultra busy...

hope so...

and would understand it....

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer

I have been experiencing some emails not reaching me for some reason. Not sure what is going on there.
Almost finished with your HI and the batch on which I am working. Will try sending you another email.
It will generally still take a while to finish a HI after I send the notification email since I am doing them in batches. Trying to add bamboo HI's to the line up as well.

Anyone who has send me an email that I have not responded to, please send me another or shoot me a PM. I haven't been ignoring you. Thanks.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
This would be upsetting to me since my last mail from @Alan was him describing my options to me, which I replied to same day expressing interest in more than one unit.

None the less, I look forward to seeing my Snappo blank all done up.
Well, you may have slipped through the cracks, so to speak. If this is the case, Alan will probably take care of you.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have been experiencing some emails not reaching me for some reason. Not sure what is going on there.
Almost finished with your HI and the batch on which I am working. Will try sending you another email.
It will generally still take a while to finish a HI after I send the notification email since I am doing them in batches. Trying to add bamboo HI's to the line up as well.

Anyone who has send me an email that I have not responded to, please send me another or shoot me a PM. I haven't been ignoring you. Thanks.

Hey Alan,

I replied to your follow up email copying my last three replies that apparently didn't go through... Let me know here if it didn't go through. Thanks for checking in

Looking forward to getting this in my hands finally very soon!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Snappo

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
:haw:

Edit: Wait... but... what heater cover and cap am I getting then? And can I commission more than one HI as others here have done? ....

It is at the point where it can be either a standard or a mini with either a glass or stainless heater cover. I recommend a standard w/ matching bottom cap and stainless steel heater cover. I will be happy to commission you another HI also. A bamboo HI w/ glass heater cover might be a nice choice to give you both heater cover styles at a fairly reasonable price.

virtualpurple

Have been doing some more tube research lately using stacked screens (my new favorite way to roast). They work really well in the Slide-a-Bowl tubes which allows the sliding tube to be used for a fiber filter if desired. Here is a photo showing the Slide-a-Bowl tube in silicone, wood, and cork connectors.

siliconewoodcorkwongslideabowls.jpg

The material to be roasted is captured between the two screens. This allows for the roasting of small amounts. If it is desired to roast even smaller amounts (micro dosing), smaller stacked screens can be used in the smaller sliding tube rather than in the outer tube. In either case, it places the load very close to the heat source so most of the heat is used to roast rather than to heat up the glass tube.

Was looking at how @Madcap79 was using one of my tapered wine cork tubes with his Versa (Versa Infinity - The Glass Vaporizer) and determined that the Slide-a-Bowl tube could also be used in a similar fashion for the GTV. Additionally, the Slide-a-Bowl tube can be used for the LSV.
The following series of photos shows how these tubes can be used in both the GTV and LSV. They can also be used for any vaporizer that has an 18mm connection like the EQ, EVO, Versa, any box style, etc. The screens are in the position for use with the HI. They can be pushed all the way to the end of the glass tube for use with the 18mm glass fittings for higher roasting temperatures.
The silicone ring on the female to female fitting allows you to handle it while hot. A keck clip is not required to hold to tubes together as the silicone, wood, and cork give enough to hold the joint together.

siliconesab18mmffapart.jpg

siliconesab18mmff.jpg

siliconesablsvhcapart.jpg

siliconesablsvhc.jpg

woodsab18mmff.jpg

woodsablsvhc.jpg

corksablsvhc.jpg

The concept also works using plain or gong end 13mm x 10mm tubing with either a cork or silicone for a seal.

13mmtube18mmffapart.jpg

13mmtube18mmff.jpg

13mmtubelsvhcapart.jpg

13mmtubelsvhc.jpg

14mmgongsilicone18mmffapart.jpg

14mmgongsilicone18mmff.jpg

14mmgongsiliconelsvhcapart.jpg

14mmgongsiliconelsvhc.jpg

14mmgongcork18mmffapart.jpg

14mmgongcork18mmff.jpg

14mmgongcorklsvhcapart.jpg

14mmgongcorklsvhc.jpg

@Alan I am trying to envision which sort of setup I could use to pair the slide-a-tube with my Cloud Evo, it is probably simple and standing out in broad daylight, but I may be too medicated to be picking up on the proper configuration.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@Alan I am trying to envision which sort of setup I could use to pair the slide-a-tube with my Cloud Evo, it is probably simple and standing out in broad daylight, but I may be too medicated to be picking up on the proper configuration.

Any of the combinations using the female to female adapter will allow the Slide-a-Bowl tube to work with your Cloud Evo.

virtualpurple

Any of the combinations using the female to female adapter will allow the Slide-a-Bowl tube to work with your Cloud Evo.

Hrmmm, I will have to experiment more. I did not seem to find what I was after when I attempted earlier, but I'm sure it'll eventually come together. I am in love with your tubes in my Underdog, so I'd love to hit that same sweet note in my Evo.

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
Finally worked up enough gumption to put my name on the list. Can't wait to become a full fledged JedHI.

Would likely have several by now but, procrastination can be a real mother... :doh:

For anyone else on the fence, just shoot Alan an email already. You can always pass on it when your name comes up, should you change your mind.

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Well the HI sabers never cease to amaze...

I've been cycling through a number of vapes lately trying to find a suitable match for vaping bubble hash, and voila! - HI on 12.5-12.8 volts is unequivocally the ticket! Damn this sh!t gets me super f*cking high!!

riz0

Is anyone aware of the general time frame from getting on the list (today) to having your order made?
just seeing if I should get on now (long list) or wait a bit (short list)

AngryJon

@Nugg Cool man, how does one go about getting on the list? PM, email, other?

I'm pretty sure you have to put on some wooden clogs and tap the heels together three times while chanting "There's no vapes like HIs, There's no vapes like HIs," and it will be done.

At least that's what I did. But I also emailed @Alan at alan@toasty-top.com, and who can really say which got the job done.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
@Alan - Long time, no talk, fellow JedHI Master. Hope you're well.

Me? I've been enjoying the fuck out of my HIsabers, especially my OG maple steel core, which is almost 4 years old now. Wow, time flies when you're wielding a HIsaber.

I see lots of padawans wondering if they, too, should become JedHIs. And become JedHIs, you should. That is, get on the list!

Cheers!

little maggie

Is anyone aware of the general time frame from getting on the list (today) to having your order made?
just seeing if I should get on now (long list) or wait a bit (short list)
I don't understand why waiting would be a short list. I got on the list around 12/2014 and am still waiting for my name to come up.

little maggie,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's about a year and a half wait pretty much, give or take.

@Alan just wanted to make sure you saw my emails and message here? Been a while and wanted to make sure you saw the stem/vvps stuff for my curvy HIbrid

Hope all is well

Top Bottom