The HI

NickDlow

Log Hog
Hit one year on the list yesterday!

No clue how much longer the wait will be, don't care either. A year actually went very fast (of course I do own other logs so I'm sure that helps).

Stoked to one day begin my JedHI training.

Aug 2014, get in line lol. I hope it's getting closer.

@NickDlow - Will be happy to make you one with a granite bottom. I have several colors of the solid surface counter top material from which to choose. Will find something that looks good together with the wood.

@JJ420 - I know what you mean about the glass/hybrid heater cover. Made a mini with a glass/hybrid cover recently that just performs so well. It does take more hits to finish a tube, but they all taste better. The one additional hit I get from using a ss heater cover unit just doesn't taste that great. Nice to have both a ss and a glass/hybrid units available for roasting. I have never sold any glass/non-hybrid HI's as I wasn't happy with the performance.

@ZC - I have made a GTV using a 14mm glass joint, but not a HI. I'm not sure the HI would have enough power to get the glass hot enough for the roasting tube. Most of the heat would just go into heating the glass. Suppose I could make a wooden version of the GTV using a 14mm glass tube.

@Gandalf - The koa wood looks great. Can't wait to turn you a HI.

Sounds great, I can't wait!

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has been posted before. I was just browsing and couldn't find an answer to this. Is it possible for the HI to be used with the battery pack offered on the UD website?

If you can output 12V and 1,5 A at least you will be ok. I use HI with a power pack I find in UD thread (from ebay) and works great!

Edit just checked I use same power pack sold on UD site

ZC

I find that pretty much every accessory is interchangeable from the HI and UD. I switch between them indiscriminately with stems, power supplies, and as of last night, the battery pack. It works wonderfully with both of them. Though it takes a second to learn how to adjust since it only has one button.

Nugg

Been using my big leaf maple burl hybrid a fair bit lately. It pairs very nicely with a Joda (@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd) solo gong.

W4DbDBl.jpg

KAG0wSs.jpg

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I'am near my 1st anniversary waiting.

I gifted my old model HI to my brother since it is the only vape he appreciate (still combuster) so now I am waiting again for my turn in line.

While waiting I would like to ask if it would be possible to buy a spare core with the main unit (in order to be able to switch between cores)? Is it easy remplaceable?

lemmeadem

It's my birthday, y'all! SOMEONE GET ME HI!

Seriously, though, @Alan - got any photos lying around of the GTV that I could have a look at? :brow:

Was just wondering what the GTV's differences are in comparison to the HIsabers - I remember seeing a while back a GTV that was, like, a stainless mesh over a heating element or something the like. Looked pretty nifty. :D

Cheers y'all!

btka

It's my birthday, y'all! SOMEONE GET ME HI!

Seriously, though, @Alan - got any photos lying around of the GTV that I could have a look at? :brow:

Was just wondering what the GTV's differences are in comparison to the HIsabers - I remember seeing a while back a GTV that was, like, a stainless mesh over a heating element or something the like. Looked pretty nifty. :D

Cheers y'all!

what is gtv meaning?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well it looks like I'm finally all set with my decisions, and my HI is all turned out and getting the internals put in now. I told Alan he can go ahead and post photos of the completed masterpiece here when ready...

It's going to be a special shapely HIbrid in exotic woods with a micro vvps. I chose an 18mm wine cork tube and two exotic slide-a-bowl WonGs for my stems, cannot wait :drool:

Seren

Away with the fairies
So, EDA sent me some photos he received from Alan of his newly turned treasures, and they are just so exquisite I simply had to share them here. I guess the whole process starts with the right choice of wood - and @Snappo certainty pulled it out of the bag this time - each piece was breathtakingly beautiful before Alan even got to work on them..... and the final pieces - well, you can see for your yourselves.

So, without any further ado, I introduce you to Alans' most recent masterpieces........ (drum roll please........):

EDAs%20New%20Wood_zpsw7mvigml.png

EDAs%20Stash%20Jars_zpsmqp5i20a.png

Stunning or what!!!??

So, in all we have (or I guess EDA has):
  • A Buckeye burl HI with 2-tone Afzelia burl bottom cap​
  • 2-tone Afzelia burl TT with Buckeye burl base with the 3 pegs made of buckeye burl, dark Afzelia burl, and 2-toned Afzelia burl​
  • 4 all-wooden roasting stems - Buckeye burl, 2-tone Afzelia burl, dark Afzelia burl, and Bethlehem Olive wood​
  • 2 twist-a-bowl tubes made of dark Afzelia burl and Olive wood​
  • a Micro VVPS with 2-toned Afzelia burl base​
  • and last, but certainly not least - a truly awesome spinning top stash jar made from 2-toned Afzelia burl - how cool is that!!! :razz: :clap:
:leaf: :love: :leaf: :love: :leaf: :love: :leaf: :love: :leaf: :love: :leaf: :love: :leaf: :love: :leaf: :love: :leaf:

Top Bottom