• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

little maggie

For someone looking for the healthiest, purest, non-toxic, high quality vapor, would you guys recommend the HI, another log vape like the e-nano, daisy, a torch vape like the lotus, or the vapexhale cloud evo table vaporizer which has an all glass pathway? Appreciate the help!

And if you do recommend the HI first, where can I buy it?
You might do better in getting answers in the ask FC thread since most people here are interested in the HI and may not know the others. That said I love my underdog log but am waiting impatiently for my name to hit the top of the HI list. Can't have too many log vapes. I'm hitting a year on the waiting list and hopefully will have one by June.

Vapor Loop

I have been the proud owner of that beautiful Silver spalted maple custom shake for a little over a month now. I call him HI shake, It's been said before i'm about to say it now and it will be said in the future. The H.i is WELL worth the wait and i already had a E-nano for about two years and a U.d twig for about one. I can get just as much cloud out of this Hybrid as i can the Nano.

The Slide a bowl are my new favorite stems you gotta use hemp wick in the middle tho. The wick really help's smooth thing's out that and the extra screen really make this stem set up a real winner. I can't wait to place my next stem order so many choices here, I'm pretty sure Alan offers more stem choices than Epic and U.d combined.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I have been the proud owner of that beautiful Silver spalted maple custom shake for a little over a month now. I call him HI shake, It's been said before i'm about to say it now and it will be said in the future. The H.i is WELL worth the wait and i already had a E-nano for about two years and a U.d twig for about one. I can get just as much cloud out of this Hybrid as i can the Nano.

The Slide a bowl are my new favorite stems you gotta use hemp wick in the middle tho. The wick really help's smooth thing's out that and the extra screen really make this stem set up a real winner. I can't wait to place my next stem order so many choices here, I'm pretty sure Alan offers more stem choices than Epic and U.d combined.
Can you or anyone elaborate on using hemp wick inside the slide a bowl? I have both and am curious:sherlock::science:

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
BEHOLD ...a Feast for the Eyes!!! HI!!!!!:tup::rockon::bowdown::love:
8R9cm0t.jpg

lemmeadem

Hey guys/Alan, was curious if the heater covers/cores are still interchangeable in that you can screw them in. Just interested 'cause I'm planning on buying both heater covers/cores and switching them out with the same HI body (short on fundage makes this the best option for me to try both styles on my first run through the list. :D). As always, thanks FC. You consistently prove you're the coolest community dedicated to vaping cannabis. :D

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@Hot Dog Day 187 - I know what you mean about the basket/shaped screens. I use a small poly storage tube with some iso in it to soak the screens when they get dirty. I torch the screen to remove all the iso residue and then pick it clean with a sewing needle set into the end of a bamboo skewer. The inside diameter of the silicone sleeves is 3/8" which is approximately 9.5mm. The glass I use for the Turbo Tubes is approximately 10mm so the silicone fits snugly. A glass screen would need to be 10mm to stay in place. Most glass screens sold are only 7 to 9mm in diameter which would be too small.

@btka - I have started making a micro vvps which you can order with your HI. The Voltage Keeper is also a good way to go with many options offered.

@RUDE BOY - Good to hear your HI is working as expected. It does a good job of getting one buzzed.

@KidFated. - Glad to hear you are enjoying your HI. Hope the MFLB adapter is working well.

@rosedale - Sorry for the delay. I have your micro vvps completed now.

@Vapinghole - Glad to hear your HI is still going strong.

@Vapor Loop - Good to hear you think it was worth the wait. Glad you are getting nice clouds from your glass heater cover. They certainly are tasty. Still devising new tube configurations almost every week. So many great ways to roast.

@Slow Draw McGraw - I like to place the hemp fiber into a glass tube that is separate from the one containing the screen and roasting material. Pairing the Turbo Straw with the Slide-a-Bowl cover tube provides a mouthpiece tube in which to place the hemp fiber. I recently made another new tube configuration by connecting two 3" long 13mm x 10mm glass tubes with a wine cork that has a hole drilled through it. One of the glass tubes contains the adjustable position screen and the other tube holds the hemp fiber.
Thanks for posting the photos.

@Snappo - Thanks so much for posting the photo. That was some very fine wood you sent to me. Happy roasting.

@lemmeadem - The spacing for the ss and glass heater cover screws are identical so it is possible to switch the covers. However, the heater for the glass cover has a small ss sleeve that makes it too large for the ss heater cover. The heaters would need to also be switched when changing the covers. Unsoldering/soldering is required.

NickDlow

Log Hog
@Alan whats up brother? Hope you had a good thanksgiving and all. Quick question, in our last email you mentioned something about using a wood cap for the bottom. Do you still offer the granite bottom? When ever my turn is up I'd like at least one with the granite bottom. Thanks man.

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
That granite cap is super sick!! Still kicking myself for not grabbing that one in the classifieds a while back..

Anywho, I've been using both glass cores and stainless back to back a lot lately and I can say without a doubt that the glass core trumps the SS in every way except for efficiency perhaps.

I've found Underdog's 14mm GonG adapter to work perfectly with the glass core HI's when using a bong (the method I prefer).

You get super high in just one rip, as opposed to maybe like four or five smaller stems when using the stainless core.

I dunno, the glass core and the effects it produces is second to none. The stainless core HIs can be compared to UDs and other logs, but the glass core Heat Islands are in a league of their own. If I got called up by Alan and were asked to pick a core for my unit, I wouldn't even hesitate to choose glass (technically called HIbrid, but who cares). One day I would like to get my hands on a real all-glass core HI - they're super rare as I believe Alan only made a few of them.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That granite cap is super sick!! Still kicking myself for not grabbing that one in the classifieds a while back..

Anywho, I've been using both glass cores and stainless back to back a lot lately and I can say without a doubt that the glass core trumps the SS in every way except for efficiency perhaps.

I've found Underdog's 14mm GonG adapter to work perfectly with the glass core HI's when using a bong (the method I prefer).

You get super high in just one rip, as opposed to maybe like four or five smaller stems when using the stainless core.

I dunno, the glass core and the effects it produces is second to none. The stainless core HIs can be compared to UDs and other logs, but the glass core Heat Islands are in a league of their own. If I got called up by Alan and were asked to pick a core for my unit, I wouldn't even hesitate to choose glass (technically called HIbrid, but who cares). One day I would like to get my hands on a real all-glass core HI - they're super rare as I believe Alan only made a few of them.

Well now I think I finally know what I have to choose when my name comes up soon!

ZC

Alan, have you ever considered using a glass joint in the HIbrid cover? Like the top of the glass heater cover was a 14mm female joint and then you use roasting tubes with 14mm male joints? It would make a really nice seal and hold the roasting tube to the HI in a satisfying way.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Alan, have you ever considered using a glass joint in the HIbrid cover? Like the top of the glass heater cover was a 14mm female joint and then you use roasting tubes with 14mm male joints? It would make a really nice seal and hold the roasting tube to the high in a satisfying way.

That would be wonderful here, just like in Zion and LSV its 18mm female (better than 14 imo, more free flow). But then Alan would have to make twices as many more stems to match!

Gandalf

Should be a beauty! How long was your wait? If you don't mind me asking.

I've been waiting for over 2 years, but my situation is an unusual one. I first got on the list in 2013 and when my turn arrived and Alan contacted me, I wasn't able to go through with the purchase because I was in a position where I couldn't be vaping. Alan graciously offered to hold my place in line for when I was ready.

So now, after 2+ years of waiting, I will finally have a HI in my possession!

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@NickDlow - Will be happy to make you one with a granite bottom. I have several colors of the solid surface counter top material from which to choose. Will find something that looks good together with the wood.

@JJ420 - I know what you mean about the glass/hybrid heater cover. Made a mini with a glass/hybrid cover recently that just performs so well. It does take more hits to finish a tube, but they all taste better. The one additional hit I get from using a ss heater cover unit just doesn't taste that great. Nice to have both a ss and a glass/hybrid units available for roasting. I have never sold any glass/non-hybrid HI's as I wasn't happy with the performance.

@ZC - I have made a GTV using a 14mm glass joint, but not a HI. I'm not sure the HI would have enough power to get the glass hot enough for the roasting tube. Most of the heat would just go into heating the glass. Suppose I could make a wooden version of the GTV using a 14mm glass tube.

@Gandalf - The koa wood looks great. Can't wait to turn you a HI.

Top Bottom