The HI

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
So if i understand correctly these have much more free airflow than a traditional log and have the heating capability to keep up with a quicker draw speed? If this is the case it may be time for me to upgrade logs

SF Giant,

Soulhunter

Yes, this thing realy looks perfect ;)
So smal, and with no heater core I am guessing no heat up time. No more than a couple minutes for the ceramik heater to get hot that is.

Is this vaporizer also designed to be plugged inn 24/7?

Edit : Lol, short time memory loss anyone :p
Well, this thing is going to be my first log vape :) I love how smal it is, akd the short heat up time makes it the perfect vape to bring over to friends.
Thank u for makin this vape :)

Soulhunter,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
placetime said:
Spectacular. As I read this thread, I keep picturing you doing the "but what happens if I do it *this* way" thing, leading towards a simpler solution. Simpler, more elegant solution. Almost hard to believe it works well. Maybe a video *is* in order. I'm kidding, of course--I have no doubt it works exactly as well as you say it does. But a video would still be really cool. :D

placetime, I think you've got Alan pegged! :lol: One thing I've learned about him is that he is never satisfied with how things are. Something can always be made better and safer. And look what we have here! Great work Alan! I'm looking forward to trying this myself.

momofthegoons,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Looks like I'll be picking up my first log. This thing is looking all types of awesome.

Will any kind of warranty be offered?

tranceporter,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Looking good Alan. Keep up the innovations. At this rate of development you'll have them making tea soon!

J.R.R.Tokin',

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah man I think it's great you have taken an existing vape and made it into something innovative and fresh.

5 min heat up time on a log vape, with no cooling from continuous use? ?! haha very nice man!

also like it can be made out of any wood now too.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Fantastic work.
If you guys think that Alan just whipped up some tubes for roasting herb, you are very wrong
Alans tube designs are a result of much innovation, alteration, and trial and error!
Keep your eyes open, for an upcoming video about Alan's Roasting Tubes!

Vitolo,
Reactions: jeffp

al bundy

Vaporist
Looks real nice, how's the abv come out?
Light,dark? Basically when the stem is done is there anything left?
I don't like to save abv. I love the short heat up time.
And the size any smaller and we could just hold the heating core. :peace:

al bundy,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thank you everyone. Placetime is pretty close to how I think. I do like to take things to the extreme sometimes to see what will happen. Safely of course. You just never know until you try. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

DRPiff said:
Will any kind of warranty be offered?
Thanks DRFiff. The warranty will be the same as with the Toasty Top. Limited Lifetime. If I broke it, I will fix it. If you broke it, I will still fix it but it will cost you.

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
At this rate of development you'll have them making tea soon!
They sort of make tea / coffee now. The ABV is much like roast coffee. I have even used it to make coffee in my Aeropress. Not much effect as everything had been roasted out.

Hoping for some good light today.

Alan,

placetime

Vitolo said:
Keep your eyes open, for an upcoming video about Alan's Roasting Tubes!

I look forward to it. I'd love to see a Vitolo video about those, as I'm sure others here would too. :)
:peace:

placetime,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Here is a video I took this morning using a Turbo Tube in my new MIO. Clouds up quite nicely.

HI Test

As far as fundamental differences with the Dog. I don't believe that the outer sleeve on the Dog gets hot enough to char the wood. Dave's design has that covered. No worries there.
The main difference is there are no star washers.

tuscan tins

Wow, that's excellent! I'm convinced, I'll get one of these once I can pay for it :D.

One quick question TV, how long does one "bowl" (is that what these are called? I'm new to log vapes :p) last? Just one draw? Or is it similar to the PD?

tuscan tins,

max

Out to lunch
Just one draw?
It's a bigger bowl than the PD I believe, so I'd think you'd at least have to use it with a bong to make it a one hit bowl. It'll be a higher temp as well, so that aspect will lower the number of hits required.

max,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
staticsunn said:
Wow, that's excellent! I'm convinced, I'll get one of these once I can pay for it :D.

One quick question TV, how long does one "bowl" (is that what these are called? I'm new to log vapes :p) last? Just one draw? Or is it similar to the PD?

Thanks. The bowls sizes are a little different on my various tube configurations. They all give numerous hits depending upon how full you fill them and how slowly you roast. The Turbo Tube has an adjustable bowl size. Just move the silicone sleeve on the poly tubing to get the screen the distance from the end that you like. The more you load into a bowl, the more likely it will give a harder draw toward the end. As the material breaks down, it becomes finer and finer which fills in all the open air passageways.
My old style Toasty Tubes are probably comparable in size to the PD. The Turbo Tubes can hold around twice as much. I've never been able to get just one hit out of a tube, unless there is just a very tiny amount of material in it.

Alan,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Wow... Now this I dig!

I really do miss my Zap which has been collecting dust since I got 'moved' to the shed. :/ (Take this as a lesson kiddies - compromise is one of the reasons Ive been married so long) :p

The short heat up time, and the look/feel of a direct draw vape is very appealing to me. :p Ive got my eye on this one :D

AGBeer,

mrfloopa

Vappy
:o I kept telling myself there's no way that thing is 1-1/2." I even measured it out and thought it was tiny, but that video proved it. And you weren't kidding about whole milk compared to skim. :lol:

Great design, great work, Alan! And I love that your products are all so affordable. If I understood an earlier comment correctly, we could use the stems from other log vapes no problem on this as well? (From the earlier pic, I can't tell if the hole looks big, or if it is just because the unit is so thin.)

mrfloopa,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks mrfloopa. I have been enjoying the new glass. It was necessary for testing. The TT, UD, and stainless steel Zap stems will all work with the HI. The PD, WZ, and brass Zap stems may be too small.

Alan,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I like that video, it looks even easier to use with bongs than most logs, which are still pretty damned easy. Which stem type is that with? The turbo tube one you mentioned? Do your toasty tubes fit a (what im guessing is) 14mm joint the same way, by going inside of it and staying there between hits?

Are there any other noticeable difference in usage between the two stem types? I know size of load changes things but i mean like, if the same amount is used in each. Hit density, thoroughness/evenness of extraction, etc

AGBeer said:
Wow... Now this I dig!

I really do miss my Zap which has been collecting dust since I got 'moved' to the shed. :/ (Take this as a lesson kiddies - compromise is one of the reasons Ive been married so long) :p

The short heat up time, and the look/feel of a direct draw vape is very appealing to me. :p Ive got my eye on this one :D

lol do you have your kitties in there with you?

steiner666,
Top Bottom