The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Your Highness - Sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully it isn't permanent. I have had little rings branded into my fingers several times when I accidentally stuck my finger into the end. Painful, but none have left permanent damage. I imagine you are not the first to have burned your nose on a HI, just the first to admit it.

Rick - Good to see you posting here. Sorry about your situation. Hope it turns out alright. Thanks again for being a big part of the log vape lore. It has been a privilege to add to it for everyone's benefit.

PurpleDazed

I posted because I must be missing something, as usual.
Was the nose burn pic from Your Highness or Jeppy?
A new meaning for the log vape BRAND.
So in other words Its The Log Vape Brand wear it with pride

PurpleDazed,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I posted because I must be missing something, as usual.
Was the nose burn pic from Your Highness or Jeppy?
A new meaning for the log vape BRAND.

Your Highness posted, saying she burned her nose. Either Jeppy had a picture of a similar burn to his nose, a friend's nose, a stranger's nose... or an image from Google. Though, I think the implication is supposed to be, that it is indeed... Jeppy's nose.

But, then... wtf do I know? :D

BigDaddyVapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Rough draft has been taken down. Here's the final version.

HD 1080

Lol, nice UD stem you made there ;)

I'm staying away from that stuff myself, I just can't stand the taste of the silicon any more ever since I've had alternatives.

Congrats your score YH! Where are the pictures?
stickpoke.gif

OhTheAgony,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
OTA - Have you tried any of the Silcon brand silicone? I don't find much if any taste to it even when hot. The first time I tried a silicone roasting tube it smelled like a hot glue gun when heated. I might not have pursued the silicone roasting tubes if I hadn't discovered Silcon brand silicone. It does cost a bit more, but I think it is worth it. A glass roasting tube is tough to beat though as it can be cleaned completely. The silicone will absorb oil and darken with use. They are cheap enough to just replace when they get too bad.

The photo Jeppy posted looks more like a hot glass burn. The HI brand should leave a very distinct ring.

Haven't dropped by this thread in a while (or been on FC much at all, really) - new job is kickin' me arse.

How cool would it be to have worked all-glass roasting tubes? I wanna see a Maka B/Alan collab! Or how about a Robin Hood/Alan collab! Might even be able to get creative w/ the design beyond the utilitarian cylinder we have now. I love all-clear scientific glass as much as the next guy, but a worked slide is a nice touch in all cases I think.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
A made in Heaven coupling. I'm really digging this setup. Been sitting in my glass closet, since Monday. Unfortunately cracked downstem, put it on hiatus... so I could replace it. Picked it up today. Getting a new 15 cut gridded downstem tomorrow... so hopefully, it will be even better.

HVY Blue Wave Worked Tube (10")
20130131_162908_zps2928d39a.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
OKcomputer - I would be happy to collaborate with a glass artist to make some nice glass roasting tubes. That would be very cool.

BDV - That is a great looking tube. Nice that you can use it again. The Turbo Tube suits it just right. A very nice match.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
This is the little downstem I got for it. With the original HVY DS (which a day after getting replaced, I absentmindedly smashed it in the sink. Shattered. SMH), the little tube had a LOT of chug. It would rumble in your hand. A small bead in the bottom of the DS stopped some of it.

But, luckily it was the SAME day I got my glass, from Mike (Oregon Glass Blower).

Sorry, the pics don't do it justice. But, it removed ALL chug from the piece. Guy that sold the HVY to me (LHS) was SO jealous, when I showed him.

(yes, its closed end) 15-cut gridded downstem.
20130201_125531_zpse0219aa2.jpg

20130201_125524_zpsf6eaa994.jpg

All the cuts are clean. None flow into the other and nicely annealed. Its a strong little sucker.

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Me gusta BDV! Glad to hear of the quite excellent timing, as well. I have done the same thing once before:doh: , broke my downstem to brand-new tube during it's first clean/rinse in the sink. It actually happened to be my first SSFG piece(TT strait), & was a beautiful showerhead DS. I know you would agree how well those two work together, even though your TT is a beaker. That new downstem looks AWESOME. I just got my 2nd SG Gridded DS, & I must say I am not pleased. They have changed the design, slightly. Most probably wouldn't notice it, but I have one older one to compare. The logo is also reversed(weird but helpful for identification purposes), & now reads "Sovereignty" from bottom to top(GonG Joint) instead of top to bottom.
The downstem in general is lower quality than anything in the price range, & is very evident that these were made in haste or by someone that lacks the ability to blow precise/quality glass that SG is known for. This is NOT what I expect when I put up the $ for SG(60 bones is a bit much for a damn downstem that looks like a knockoff :goon: ). Just thought I'd 'warn' those, especially the jedHIs (I'm to join the ranks when Alan feels I am ready), to possibly avoid SG if looking into ordering a gridded downstem. I want to see vids .. .. ASAP!:rockon:

GratefulVapor,
Reactions: Jeppy

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'd love to shoot a video, but since I bought the colored tube, you can't see anything, other than the water perc, just above it.

Sure is a nice hit though. However, with the closed end the small size of the DS and tube... it needs to be wide-open. It doesn't like restriction of any kind.

BigDaddyVapor,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hello fellow JedHIs and Master Obi-Alan Kenobi,

My HI finally arrived at my doorstep after a long vacation in customs island, hehehe. :)

Unfortunately it didn't work when i plugged it in, turns out the elbow adapter is malfunctioning.
(Thanks to Alan's great design i was able to spot it quickly. )

I decided to put it upside down, without the elbow adapter just to try a few hits.

I ordered mine with a turbo gong and 2 glass nipples and a ss nipple. Tried a hit with the turbogong+ss nipple and it was great! :D

So, a bitter sweet entrance to the wonderfull jedHI family. I hope to properly try it tonight, with my tube for some CLOUDS. :)

Thank you Alan and all of you who made the wait much harder! :D >> i'm looking at you boobs, with your infamous videos. hope you're enjoying your family time. ;)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Heck, if I'm using my HIsaber... its probably on its side. :lol:

So, I'm treating myself to a favorite before bed snack.

Load the GonG tube up with Grand Daddy Purple, then a layer of bubble hash. First hit, won't really roast your herb, but it will melt down the hash and give you a wicked good flavor/med hit.

Before the load has time to cool, stir it, mixing the hash all over the herb. I think of this, like making caramel corn. Yum! Just a good to!

Now the kicker. After the herb is coated... Drop some kief on top of that. Stir again, coating the hash with kief.

Muahahaha!

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: vorrange

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
vorrange- Glad to hear it finally made it through customs and it will soon be clouding up your tubes. Sorry to hear about the adapter. I'm hoping it is just a poor connection. Sometimes I need to bend to the middle the two little tabs inside of the adapter plug tip so they make better contact with the center post of the power socket. We will figure something out for you.

BDV- Very nice down stem. Gives me some ideas. The bubble hash goulash sounds wonderful. The punch and roll should work really well with that mixture. The stir stick would get very messy.

GratefulVapor - You are more than ready for a HI. Just wish I was in a better situation. Things should start happening soon. Thanks for the loyalty and patience.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
BDV, yummy stems you vaporize these days. ;)

I'm gonna try the bending and report back to see if it helps, did not consider that could be the problem.

vorrange,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I was reading on the forum where jardri placed cotton in an aromatherapy cup to hold the essential oils. I thought it was a very good idea, so I gave it a try. I just put half a cotton ball into my copper aroma cup. The cotton soaks up the oil very well and continues to provide aroma at a lower rate when removed from the heat. No chance of spilling at all. The temperature will not get hot enough to harm the cotton so it can be used over and over. To change scents, just change the cotton ball. Multiple aroma cups are always nice too.
I love the mufti-functionality of these devices.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I keep losing my damn caps. I had 4 and now I don't know where the hell any of them are.

Jeppy,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
HI family,

Loving my osage orange HIsaber, rigged up with a black hair elastic to prevent the connector from falling, it looks like an 80's music star. :D

Left my herbs *pretty* black a couple of times, not used to the temperature the HI is able to output, i have to remember to draw a little faster. :)

Still, very nice sessions, dry and with my water piece, with very good flavour.

The SS nipple fits perfectly in the turbo GONG, for some micro-one-hits or a quick modest session, and the turbo without the nipple for a bigger session or a tastier one.

Still much to experiment and i still need to put some pictures of the beauty but so far, i'm in love! ;)

Top Bottom