The HI

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yes, it's a Burl :D

M5SQUIi.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
seriously, it was a very random chance that I even saw that listing at all... it was only up for a couple of hours, and I happen to wake up around 6am and went right to it. It disappeared so fast I was questioning the reality of seeing it for a little bit there :lol: did that really happen?

chimpybits

Jam that's looks sooo good. That beauty was not going to be ignored too long.

I saw it come up in the Classifieds too. And I caught that Bocote Hi at soon as it hit the Classifieds (Your Highness' now). I'm gonna wait til my number come up. :uhoh:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, I hope I can make y'all proud. :D I'll be shining up the 60t for some video action for sure. It will be nice getting footage of that burl out there, as I noticed most of the HI vids on youtube are almost all the same HI over and over ;) I'm excited to try it w/ my hydracirc too. Anyone know if solo stems fit the HI? I won't have a shortage of stems to work with (thanks treecityrnd) but I was just curious because they look so similar.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:lol: Not if they are going to worthy people ( :bowdown:we're not worthy ) I sure am glad some one did. I have been thinking only of HI since finding it. I know it's speeding towards me as I type this. Such a fantastic cut of burl too.

Question: I know there is beeswax to keep it polished/moisturized, I use coconut oil on my skin a lot and tend to get it on things I touch, will this be bad for the HI or will it just add to the conditioning? I have used coconut oil on another wood item (eds stem) and it shines it up nicely, but I have no idea what the long term effects would be, if any at all.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've only used it a few times on eds stem and I did not notice any change in the finish, just shined it up. I probably would not apply it to the HI, but it may be on my hands a lot, and get on there.

jambandphan03,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Coconut oil is food safe for use on wood so I would think it would work well to condition the HI. I may even try a mixture of beeswax and coconut oil for a wood / skin conditioner. The burl wood should be plenty thirsty with all the crazy grain patterns. Such a nice bonding time to condition the wood / use it as a hand warmer while medicating. It is a vaporizer that you don't want to put down.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It is a vaporizer that you don't want to put down.

That's what I am hoping for. Thanks for the clarification on the coconut oil, that's great news. I love the stuff, mixed with a little thc oil concentrate (warm it in), you have one mighty healing salve.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
OTA, I am surprised as well,,however I've told Jam before, that I wished she had a HI. The good thing is,,,, 'A' perfect person has found possession of this awesome tool. :rockon: Taking the grandson to WWE tonite. HIon will be awaiting my return. Along with some 'whitefire'.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I can't wait to be living the HI life :haw:

This is simply amazing cut of burl!! I love the matching stem, must look in to something like it in the future maybe... So beautiful! Nice HI Ed!

Still enjoying my HI y'all! Been using the matching roasting tube lately, this thing is a hella piece!

2012-09-05_22-27-11_344.jpg

I've made a great discovery in my HIsaber Padawan training.

This thing :love: AVB. OH MY! This is AVB? Honestly, all I'm really tasting are about a hundred different flavors of different strains. Getting at least 2 THICK pulls off each, with a 3rd wispy. But, I wouldn't ever know it was AVB, unless you told me. And the @#$% is BOMB. I am quite pleasantly medicated.

This is also good to find, BDV! I have a lot of ABV saved up, and it would be nice to give my greens a break and use up some ABV to stretch things out a bit. I was enjoying the INH for that reason, it would toast quite a few hits out of my ABV jar. I am searching for the post where you talked about your preferred VV settings. I think I am getting the same VV control that BDV had at one point or is still using. Here is a picture from the listing that shows all the booty I will be getting.

O2MIudR.jpg

PB88123

Vaporist
I use the same VV. It only goes to 12.4v and on mine that is around 1pm if you look at it like a clock. I have it on 12.4v 24/7.

I use a glass stem with a nipple which creates a perfect seal with the HI. The stem holds a little bit and depending on the strain I get 4-7 good hits off one stem.

A really simple powerful vaporizer.

treecityrnd

I can't wait to be living the HI life :haw:

I think I am getting the same VV control that BDV had at one point or is still using. Here is a picture from the listing that shows all the booty I will be getting.
Stem Super Pack, from left to right:
Thick silicone UD stem, 2-piece HI glass stem (apart), 2-piece HI glass stem (together), 2-piece HI shorty glass stem (for glassware), HI glass tip w/ UD glass stem base (one of my favorite combos for direct draw), Zap stem, shorty Zap stem (for glassware), 2 x 3.5” All Glass HI Turbo Tube (honestly, the only stem I ever use for glassware or direct draw), random glass stem (can’t remember which log it went to, whatever, it fits the HI port and works well).

And yes, that’s a brand new (extra) heating element.

Standard HI VV power supply. As PB88123 stated, max voltage is about 12.4. A standard (unregulated) 12V DC wall transformer puts out about 13.3V, a little much for the HI. There are many options in the VV power arena:
regulated vs unregulated power supplies for "log vapes"

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jam...i went through two of those VVPS's. They both just crapped out on me. Recalling when they worked, I think they topped out quickly on the high end for me. Maybe that was a sign of their defectiveness, but I recommend that cheap $15 VVPS Hazy found on ebay...especially while the one you are getting still works. It's cheap, works (for me), and it sucke being without a HI once you've had one!

stickstones,

jackmormon

jam,

I found the stock HI VVPS in the pic you posted to be extremely inconsistent. I put Alan through the ringer getting a replacement heater core when the issue was the VVPS. Once I purchased a quality/heavy-duty VVPS it put the sparkle into the HI and I also use it with my other log style vapes. This is just my opinion but I don't think you can get the full potential out of any log style vape without one.

I purchased two of them, a heavy duty bench style power supply (~$125) and the following one which is only $40 shipped. It is the one I use consistently. One of the nice things is you have a ton of options for rigging up a power cord. (It can be as simple as cutting the cord off of an old DC wall wart, stripping the wires, unscrewing the knobs on the PS and attaching the wires to the posts.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekpower-HY...806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256b74d526

Enjoy your HI. It sure is a beauty!!

jackmormon,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, I definitely want the VV to be decent. I really know nothing about them, so I will be relying on recommendations. I would obviously prefer lower cost, but I realize there is a line to cross from cheap being too cheap, so I would pay enough to make it worth my while. Is that $40 VV the lowest cost GOOD VV available?. I am still trying to catch up on reading this thread, so I am a bit behind. I do appreciate the help, just jumping in head first like this.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, I can see having 2 VVs around being a good thing for back up, esp. if I do go with the lower end ones. You have a link to the one you use sticks, or a model #? I might just bite it and get the $40 one, but I'd like to take a look at one with a lower price if possible. Always trying to squeeze those dollars. How long have you been running your VV sticks?

jambandphan03,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I agree with you Sticks :tup: That power supply is used by many of the members here and seem to be reliable so far. Mine has been going strong for well over a year.

Top Bottom