Discontinued The Herbalizer

vorrange

Vapor.wise
My Nano does nothing at 20 seconds, even when turned on full.
I don't think it is fair to compare flame to electrical units.
Flick your bic and you have instant heat…

I get what you mean but i still feel it is not comparing apples to apples.
They are all vapes but out of the 12 vapes that i have owned, the Herbie beats all of them with hands and feet tied behind it's back.

Just my :2c:

Have an awesome Herbie filled Sunday!

I'm sorry but if we're comparing the time between 0ºC to 200ºC, it is comparing apples to apples. Which is what i meant when i said that. (Also i never said instant heat, that wouldn't make any sense)

In my Lotus i'm pulling huge clouds in less than 20sec. The same goes for the Firewood for example. Or the Hammer.
And i talked of the Nano fast heat time based on reports on FC, but it seems they were inacurate or i misunderstood them.

I believe the Herbalizer is great, let's just not get carried away and start saying things that are not the least accurate.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I'm sorry but if we're comparing the time between 0ºC to 200ºC, it is comparing apples to apples. Which is what i meant when i said that. (Also i never said instant heat, that wouldn't make any sense)

In my Lotus i'm pulling huge clouds in less than 20sec. The same goes for the Firewood for example. Or the Hammer.
And i talked of the Nano fast heat time based on reports on FC, but it seems they were inacurate or i misunderstood them.

I believe the Herbalizer is great, let's just not get carried away and start saying things that are not the least accurate.

Like i said, my :2c:
These are just my personal findings based on extensive use of 12 vaporizers.
Every one is different though.

I just don't really feel like hitting any of my other vapes, so that is a good thing!
Time to thin the herd!
:horse:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I think what's happening is very simple to explain and has bothered me as well. Were so used to vaperture settings being based on what we've learned here from both the public and the manufacturer as well in most cases. Every couple months a new vape comes along boasting how they're the best thing since sliced bread. And than when one looks like a heavy hitter it tends to build an audience of VAS patients. This is where it becomes a game of "want" as opposed to a game of need. We were buying based on what we were hearing to only be disappointed once it arrives.

When I saw that the Herbalizer crew had invited some of FC's heavy hitters I knew something was going to be different. It was building comradery based on facts. It was proving that it could do what Josh promised. This was going to be different...

We also, on numerous occasions set our temperatures based on what at the time we thought was the best but we've now learned how way off they were. So what someone, I believe it was my homeboy lazy said is at one time what I thought was 380 - 400 is in actuality more like 420 - 450. Not only was this fucking huge but proved that the Herbalizer would be the most efficient vaporizer on the market.

It brought the girth back to vaporizing in such a cool way just like VW bringing back the beetle. What I think were actually seeing is it's very possible that Herbie is THAT technologically advanced that some of us, even people like me and Vito who have had over 30 vapes are once again complete newbs.

And like I was saying earlier about the vapes that pop up all the time I in no way meant that new things shouldn't be brought to the table but what I meant is that I feel bad for upcoming desktops. :doh:

Herbie came in, took the bar and I say set the bitch pretty high!

Last edited:
This could also count as evidence that other vaporizers have been giving you misinformation about the temperatures that they were actually vaping at.
In the past, your 375º may have actually been 390!

This is quite possible, especially since my previous daily driver features a significant amount of conduction heating.

I borrowed some lavender essential oil from my girlfriend and tried it in the Herbalizer. Placed a few drops on the pad, left the bedroom for 20 minutes and returned to a very nice aroma. Now I'm back in vaportherapy mode and haven't noticed any leaking oils or residual smell interfering with my flowers.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Herbie meets the VapeXHale Glass Mouthpiece!

Two bits of silicone and we have an excellent seal!
Now i can sit and just lean forward to vape!
Very stable with a bit of flex.

2014-01-12191154_zps99e2be3e.jpg

luchiano

I think the power of the halogen bulb coupled with the very accurate temperature sensor is the "trick".

The Aromed also has an halogen bulb but the halogen bulb is not as powerfull and that is the game changer. That is what makes it able to change temps so fast.

Since it can change temps so fast it increases accuracy. Plus, since there is no heat retention that ALSO helps further the quickness in temperature adjusting since the heating element is so powerfull.

About the ability to get you higher, i find that harder to believe.

What i think happens is you lose less terpenes than in other vaporizers because there is virtually no conduction. (The terpenes are very important since they work simbiotically with THC, providing a more robust and powerfull effect.)

Plus, there is something to be said about constant temperature. I find that vapes with a better ability to maintain set temperatures usually have more efficient extractions, meaning you're higher with the same weight in material.

I think the main difference is terpene extraction though.

Just my 2 cents, have not tried the EVO nor the Herbalizer so take that as you will.
You know I had to be part of this convo when the Aromed comes into the discussion. The Aromed uses a 50 watt bulb which is strong enough to reach temperatures of 458f. The difference between the Aromed and the Herbalizer, is you need a 300 watt bulb if you have users who will inhale like bong users or you use the fan. The Aromed you must inhale at a regular breathing pattern to achieve EXACT temperature you dialed in. The Herbalizer has a temperature accuracy within 5f degrees, which is great considering it doesn't matter how much air goes through it, it will maintain temperature -/+5f. So say you chose 392f, the temperature my be between 387f-397f depending on how hard you inhale and how packed the bowl is as this will cause some back pressure.

This up and down within temperature settings is why some vaporizers hit people harder then others. When you have a temperature change, you get more condensation which we call clouds. The cloud effects how fast you feel the high. Also, when you take in a lot of air you will get big clouds since the air cools of the extract faster then a small amount of air would. This means you will feel the high slower with slow inhales BUT when done right it will be stronger due to more absorption IF you have EXACT temperatures. I think the herbalizer is the only vaporizer that has such a low variance in set AIR temperature(not heater) no matter how hard you draw. For bags, I think the volcano digital is tighter since it's +/-2.7f but because of the big heater the temperature change is slow while the herbalizers is ultra fast. Also the Herbalizer does everything so that is good depending on what you want and it's consistent each time in temperature.

You also have to take into account how narrow the air path is as this will effect how much clouds you get. The more narrow, the more condensation. This reason is why volcano bags tend to not get cloudy fast, the vapor has space to expand instead of collapsing onto each other and forming a cloud.
Also, it's good that the sensor is in the air path near the bowl, but this isn't needed to maintain accurate temperature, once you take other things into account. I explained this in my earlier posts int his thread. For people who come from the smoking world who want good temperature control and want to inhale the same way, and see the same clouds smoking gives them, the herbalizer is wonderful for them.

All of this is my feeling so don't take it as "fact". Don't want to make anyone mad again, and get banned. Peace.

Last edited:

ResonantOG

I'm starting to accept the fact that I won't see big clouds at the temperatures I want to vape at, and that's okay. I'm constantly amazed at how medicated this thing gets me while using very little product. I loaded .05g of Chemdawg and had six or seven hits with the whip, and I'm ripped. That's another thing, I thought I was going to be using the bags mainly, but I've actually come to prefer the whip. A bent-neck GonG adapter for the whip would be awesome.

This is it right here. I am afraid of certain temps due to invisible vapor, this is hard for a recent smoker. However, like LNS, I am just floored by how medicated this thing gets me, and I am learning that flavor is independent of blue clouds.

Or a PonG attached to the top of herbie's bowl, if it's possible anyways.
Maybe even a lid for the same bowl that has a PonG instead of a whip attachment.
That could make things interesting :science:

A PonG lid is a fantastic idea. Plus some glass mouthpieces like the VXH one in a few different sizes to account for various table heights. I bet the flavor would be awesome.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Wait a second, if I just figured out the "easter egg" I totally feel a bit douche like.

We all have limited additions, our's are different. Have we been mesmerized that we didn't notice the device on the box is clearly a different shape than our "egg" shaped like Herbie's. Are our units literally different than future models?

If not Alzheimer's may be kicking in on top of Parkinson's because I've done everything short of tickling Herbie and I can't find shit!

:hmm::hmm:

Top Bottom