• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

MinnBobber

@Babanya ,

Herbie IMO, compared to other vapes at any given temp, gives off less visible vapor BUT with more effects than the "other" vape. The vapor almost takes on a blue-white tinge that's hard to see.

Sticks video, as he said, is heavily staged as strong/intense lighting makes a HUGE difference.
When I vape without a light shining (with any of my vapes) I see no vapor. My vape station has a tab;e lamp I use for feedback---exhale over the top and voila, look at all that vapor that's now visible with the light shining on it.

I also start at 390 or more as lesser temps give a faint taste, but medically effective. Then keep upping the temp.
My opinion is that because of its' superb temp control vs many other vapes. For example, Herbie at 445 and the ABV is perfectly uniform and never ever charred. My Mighty at 410 and the ABV has charred edges if you take an extra hit.
So Mighty at 350, for example, has edges/spots that are hot (just like at its'410 temp) and produces more vapor than Herbie with precise temp control.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I agree with what @MinnBobber says.

The Herbie does not put out dense vapour, (unless concentrates or kief are being used) and the effects tend come on softer and slower than other vapes. I wouldn't be concerned about the density of the vapour being thinner than a Mighty/Crafty as that would mirror my experience. It can take 2-3 bags to expend a full bowl of herb. It also takes quite a bit of lung work to get vapour when using a whip, try the fan out with the whip attached.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Herbalizer just got back to me about the cause of the failure in my unit.

According the notes from our engineering team, it looks like it was a failure of a component on the board. So we replaced several of those parts, in addition to implementing various internal upgrades that our team feels should keep this from recurring.

While we had it here, we also updated the software and checked the calibration.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I was able to get the Herbie to produce seriously dense clouds using the @stickstones whole nug approach.

I didn't follow the approach to the letter though. We used the whip and we hit that whole nug a total of 4 times at 390. The whole nug tasted good but the vapor density wasn't impressive when the nug was intact for us. We were actually thinking we weren't going to get super cloudy BUT......When I took that nug out and crushed it up it was dryer than usual and perfectly primed for vaping. The next few draws at 390 before we tapped out .... I could blow vape rings like my old Marlboro days. We only got two more hits a piece at 390 before choking out. The next day I was able to temp step to 420 and then 445 and got another 3-4 hits out of that bowl but they weren't nearly as massive.

I don't normally get clouds like that with the Herbie because I don't dry condition the flower and load the bowl to the max like that.

Babanya

First I really thank you guys for your responses, advice, and questions. (Stickstones, His_Highness, Winegums, and MinnBobber, Yamun)

I was referring to the amount of Vapor produced with multiple Herbalizer youtube videos I reviewed over time. I understand Sticks impressive procedure is considered a outlier that I would like to try very much.

To Winegums I tried to blow on the mesh and the Halogen does kick on, Ok thats a good question thank you. So it does hold a temperature, though this dosent necessarily mean it is holding the correct calibrated temperature. At first I micro dosed measuring .05g at 375 with the bag. I wouldnt even call it small amount of vapor, I would say next to nil with no flavor at all. Then I put .5g in and bumped it up to 445 with minimal amount of increased of vapor. Using a medium grind (SLX) without tampering it at all.

I tried the same thing with the steam roller with same results.

In terms of screens, yes completely clean the machine is just being used for the first time. After reading this forum I did try multiple screening methods. Such as the way the machine comes stock. Then I tried the Minivap baskest with flexicones with hemp filter. Now at first I thought maybe I used too much hemp, so I used less were their was smooth air flow when I inhaled through the tip of the flexicone. After that I took out the flexicone and hemp filter. Went to use the Steam roller agian with just the Oring filter from miniVap in order to keep the top screen clean on the herbie with no luck.

I haven't tried the domed screen as of yet, though if three other methods screens didn't work in a new unite Im not sure this would apply currently, though is a solid method to be used.

I here all of you guys saying the vapor isn't super dense unless using sticks method. Though the concern is with any taste at all any having to look close to see any vapor come out when exhaled. If I blink I would miss the visual of it coming out.

When using the same material switched from trying the herbie and putting it into the crafty the results are different. I also get much more flavor from my friends DaVinci IQ. I hope Im doing something wrong so I don't have to send it back, but something seems off. I find myself reaching for the crafty instead of the Herbie because it actually feels like im wasting material. The next time I can experiment is Thursday night.

Again thank you guys, and if I need to clear anything up from the post please ask, and any and all advise is truly welcomed.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
First I really thank you guys for your responses, advice, and questions. (Stickstones, His_Highness, Winegums, and MinnBobber, Yamun)

I was referring to the amount of Vapor produced with multiple Herbalizer youtube videos I reviewed over time. I understand Sticks impressive procedure is considered a outlier that I would like to try very much.

To Winegums I tried to blow on the mesh and the Halogen does kick on, Ok thats a good question thank you. So it does hold a temperature, though this dosent necessarily mean it is holding the correct calibrated temperature. At first I micro dosed measuring .05g at 375 with the bag. I wouldnt even call it small amount of vapor, I would say next to nil with no flavor at all. Then I put .5g in and bumped it up to 445 with minimal amount of increased of vapor. Using a medium grind (SLX) without tampering it at all.

I tried the same thing with the steam roller with same results.

In terms of screens, yes completely clean the machine is just being used for the first time. After reading this forum I did try multiple screening methods. Such as the way the machine comes stock. Then I tried the Minivap baskest with flexicones with hemp filter. Now at first I thought maybe I used too much hemp, so I used less were their was smooth air flow when I inhaled through the tip of the flexicone. After that I took out the flexicone and hemp filter. Went to use the Steam roller agian with just the Oring filter from miniVap in order to keep the top screen clean on the herbie with no luck.

I haven't tried the domed screen as of yet, though if three other methods screens didn't work in a new unite Im not sure this would apply currently, though is a solid method to be used.

I here all of you guys saying the vapor isn't super dense unless using sticks method. Though the concern is with any taste at all any having to look close to see any vapor come out when exhaled. If I blink I would miss the visual of it coming out.

When using the same material switched from trying the herbie and putting it into the crafty the results are different. I also get much more flavor from my friends DaVinci IQ. I hope Im doing something wrong so I don't have to send it back, but something seems off. I find myself reaching for the crafty instead of the Herbie because it actually feels like im wasting material. The next time I can experiment is Thursday night.

Again thank you guys, and if I need to clear anything up from the post please ask, and any and all advise is truly welcomed.
It does sound like it's not calibrated properly. What does the bud look like after you've done a few pulls? It sounds like the bud should still be green or at least yellow, but not at the brown stage.

Have you tried filling a bag with the fan at 430F-445F? That's really a definitive test to see if it's heating or not. Even a small bit of material should produce clearly visible vapour as it inflates. At those temperatures the material should be dark brown when it's done.

MinnBobber

Then I tried the Minivap baskest with flexicones with hemp filter. Now at first I thought maybe I used too much hemp, so I used less were their was smooth air flow when I inhaled through the tip of the flexicone. After that I took out the flexicone and hemp filter. Went to use the Steam roller agian with just the Oring filter from miniVap in order to keep the top screen clean on the herbie with no luck.
...........................................................................................
I'd try one more test with the flexicone: no hemp filter to make sure it's got max flow (wire basket, plus screen in middle, plus Flexicone top). And, what exactly are you using with Flexi?? Flexi in bottom half of bowl? What exactly between Flexi and your mouth---Song adapter? Whip?

Note that the stock Herbie whip is very restrictive and IMO should not be used as it's the weak link and easy to fix.

MinnBobber,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It sure sounds like you might have a defective unit, @Babanya . But do one more thing and do what @Winegums said. Blow a bag on 445. That takes the human variable out of the equation. If you get no vapor with that, I'd call Herbalizer to start a ticket.

My Herbie is a cloud machine, and I don't need to go through all the hoops like I did for the video. That video was to show how to get some good clouds on a bubbler and with nuggets, and was one of my best sessions. But it always performs for me, even with I just go with a light bowl.

They're a lot of money and should put a big smile on your face. If it doesn't, go to where you bought it and see what's up.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
My Herbie just arrived from being repaired at Herbalizer.

They must have put a new fan into the unit as it is much louder than it was before but it seems to have picked up quite a bit of performance to compensate. Heat up times seem to be faster and the magnet no longer rattles. I'm glad to have it back in my hands as healthy as it can be.

My brother happened to be over when it arrived and we gave it a test run with a bowl or two. The first thing I noticed is that the fan cycle will easily fill one of my giant volcano bags before it stops. It used to fill it 7/8 full which was perfect, I may have to adjust my bag size to compensate. I wonder if this is because of the new fan(s) they installed?

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Mods feel free to merge this with my last post.

I'm really enjoying my Herbalizer again. I can't believe how much the performance of my Herbalizer had fallen compared to what they're offering now. It's producing some really nice vapour, seemingly faster than I remember it ever doing so before. Perhaps it's just the feelings of a second honey moon with the vape.

The new software is far more stable and is actuating the fans less during my draw than it did before. Once I establish a steady draw rate the unit stops using the fan to check air temperature and relies on me to pull the air past the sensor. It's a subtle difference but a good improvement. There's also a slight cool down pulse on the fan after you turn the fan off and the bulb is still hot that was added. They removed the 420 easter egg as far as I can tell. Which was neat when I first got it but wasn't as cool as I hoped.

Overall I'm really really impressed with the updated version even if it changed the character of my Herbie.

krownme

Ok, so you need the whole module. Those sell in packs of four...$28 for four baskets, $28 for four flexicones, and $8 for four screens (the lipped ones that you want). So that's $64 for four sets, not including shipping. That's a lot of dough and extra stuff to try a mod.

@Madcap79 and @virtualpurple -- if you guys want to buy four between the two of you I am happy to open up packages and split them up for you, but I can't do that for one or two. pm me if interested. I wish I could get the prices down for you more, but there are very little margins on them already. You add shipping from Europe and it pretty much ends up being a service provided.

Hi , New here and i see your the guy to talk to. Just recently purchased 4 baskets and 4 flexicones from ya and I seem to be missing something. Tried to purchase o-ring filters but indont see the option for United States when im checking out. Also, Can u explain the hemp fiber procedure Thank you.

MinnBobber

@krownme , the 0-ring screens are easiest to use but regular screens work too, and are much easier to find everywhere.

A thin disc of hemp fiber can go in the Flexicone (the white silicone top) above the screen, to catch tiny cannabis dust/particles that usually gets sucked out.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: lazylathe

YEWSTinc

We are ahead of our time
My Herbie is about 4 years old,and seems to have started combusting everything,is this a know issue?

lazylathe

Almost there...
My Herbie is about 4 years old,and seems to have started combusting everything,is this a know issue?

Mine is around that age as well.
She still works but the one fan rattles like crazy....
She needs a software update and a repair and she will be good as new!

I would suggest sending your in!

jason901688

Wanted to tell you guys the story.

I live in Hong Kong and its 220v 50hz here. Herbie is 110v 60hz.

Its the HZ that was the problem. I plugged it in and fried the tech.

Sent it back and had it fixed (for free, so luckily)

Bought a Frequency Converter which is like another 2 hundred something dollars.

The converter is huge.

But now I can happily vape. Worth it.

I have had my herbie for a full year now.

The best.

I also have a mighty and ordered a Dynavap M, hope its cool.

goodpunk6

I bought a 2 day old Herbie from a user on entexchange and a bent steam roller from herbalizer.com. The herbie is in transit but I want to get a jump on absolute must haves. It included the delta studios water pipe adapter. I love vaping through water/bong hits and I was wondering, what else should I get to make this experience better? I have plenty of glass pieces that I would love to try to use with the herbie so any help related to that would be greatly appreciated.

goodpunk6,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I bought a 2 day old Herbie from a user on entexchange and a bent steam roller from herbalizer.com. The herbie is in transit but I want to get a jump on absolute must haves. It included the delta studios water pipe adapter. I love vaping through water/bong hits and I was wondering, what else should I get to make this experience better? I have plenty of glass pieces that I would love to try to use with the herbie so any help related to that would be greatly appreciated.

Get a whip adaptor for your glass ala 18mm, 14mm, ect. Also, a whole mess of extra silicone tubing is nice.

IAmKrazy2,

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
Scrap the whip that comes with the Herbie and go with some 3/8id 1/2od tubing. I enjoy the steamroller a lot. I have two herbie's set up with one in the bedroom and one at the bar. Enjoy!

Southern Chef

You'll love the steamroller...especially nice right out of the fridge.

goodpunk6

Scrap the whip that comes with the Herbie and go with some 3/8id 1/2od tubing. I enjoy the steamroller a lot. I have two herbie's set up with one in the bedroom and one at the bar. Enjoy!
where can I get this?

goodpunk6,

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
It will slip over the top. It would be nice if it worked glass. I am not sure. This new hose will give you massive hits.

cpk,
Top Bottom