1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Herbalizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by nopartofme, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Diddy

Diddy New Member

Just curious what happened To ur herbie and how long have you owned it

His_Highness likes this.
  2. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

Herbie is as close to a daily driver for me.. it’s either that or my DynaVap Omnivap Titanium. I agree with @stickstones the bags it ships with are fine.. at least I have not retired any of mine yet and it came with 4. I’d like to rig it with a WPA, but have not needed to. I will say I like the flavor better out of the bags, but those are for special days with a fresh load. :rockon:

His_Highness and Diddy like this.
  3. stressed

stressed Well-Known Member

i usually vape through a bag and depending on temp, though a water pipe set up.

i started using a glass piece i had that kind of looks like the herbalizer bent glass thing but it's smaller. i'm shocked at the taste i get through using this glass.

i'm way more into the high than the taste but i use this glass piece twice before i use the whip through the water pipe. neither the whip nor the bag do justice to taste.

like many of you, i have a box of glass odds and ends. comes in handy. :)

His_Highness likes this.
  4. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

Wow... My herbalizer just got stuck at full heating and immediately charred a full bowl of bud. I've never seen it do this before and it's now overheating as soon as the machine is plugged in and turned on. Has anyone had this problem before?

I can see that the halogen bulb is getting white hot with no temperature regulation at all. I think it's time that I send my unit in to herbalizer before it absolutely dies.

Edit: I get the feeling that it would have melted and burned the vapourizer had I not noticed that it was overheating and walked out of the room.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    stressed likes this.
  5. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

#Winegums, have you blown it out with compressed air?

6. Winegums

Should I? I don't think it will make a difference as this seems like an electronics failure. I sent in an RMA so we'll see what they say back. It's out of warranty by a few months but I feel this is a totally unacceptable failure that could have caused a fire.

7. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

If it’s cannned air I can see no harm.. compressed air is a different story.

8. Winegums

Why would blowing out the unit help though?

I could understand this would help if there was a dust clog or no air flow but the vapourizer is not regulating the power to the bulb at all.

EDIT: Herbalizer has contacted me back and was pretty alarmed at my report of the malfunction. They say they're going to take care of me despite my warranty being out! Fingers crossed I'll have a new unit or they will be able to repair my old unit.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    stressed, sweetherb and His_Highness like this.
  9. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

I was just thinking there are multiple temperature probes in there and if there was some dust or debris interfering with the probes inability to measure temperature that could be an issue.

Regardless, it’s is great they’re taking care of you!

His_Highness and Winegums like this.
  10. Diddy

Diddy New Member

software glitch where it will crank the temperature up till max temp and the only way to offset this is unplugging your unit and plugging it back in.

His_Highness and MinnBobber like this.
  11. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I've had the Herbie run amok toward the end of a session when I've temp stepped to max to finish off a bowl. Fan starts to go and won't stop but temp doesn't change no matter what I do at that point. Easy enough to fix....turn off the vaporizing and turn it back on and it's all good again. Pretty sure it wasn't putting out any heat when it took off like that.

I've had the pleasure of using two Herby's and I've had had the same runaway with both.....BUT....I've only experienced it once with each of the two herbies.

Diddy likes this.
  12. Winegums

I did unplug it and plug it back in but the unit continued to heat up the bulb to white hot even without selecting aroma or vapor. All I have to do is plug it in and open the top before it starts to smoke because it's so hot. This was beyond maximum temperature by a long shot.

I've used Herbalizers for 3+ years now and my brother's unit was one of the first in Canada. This is certainly a major malfunction that has never occured before. I've never seen or heard of combustion from an Herbalizer.

I've got RMA forms, custom forms and a return label from herbalizer already and will be sending it out soon.

13. Diddy

Diddy New Member

Let's us know what happen .. sorry u gotta send it in

Winegums and His_Highness like this.
  14. Babanya

Babanya New Member

I just got my Herbie and I know we should run it at 350 with fan on for 10 cycles before putting herb in it. Is it normal for it to put out a smell during this conditioning phase? It gave me abit of a headache. I still havent put bud in it yet.

they also sent me a defective watson bubbler with the percolator stem being very crooked, sent them a pic of it today waiting for a response to get a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
    Diddy likes this.
  15. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

I gotta give this vape some love...I recorded a session a couple of weeks ago and finally got some help putting it together. This is my whole nugget method. Keep in mind I am using extreme lighting conditions and my best herb. Since I'm pulling through a bubbler for massive hits, I only needed two hits before the crumble. Sometimes I need four or five, especially when using the whip. But the method is sound and super intense! Enjoy and please let me know of anything I can do better!

Click to play YouTube Video

stressed, Hey Nineteen, cpk and 6 others like this.
  16. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Sweet. I love my Herbie!
    I've never quite understood folks who say they need to get something that hits harder than Herbie.
    Your video was great.

I do a "mini version " of your technique, mini-amount of buds AND mini-VAP mods----- only Herbie
    bottom bowl half plus miniVAP Flexicone modules.

I do whole nugs too, but they are individual calyxes so tiny compared to your BIG NUGS :rockon:

But you are correct sir -----
    "After the crumble watch the fuck out".

And there's probably not "faster vape in the west". If I have a flexicone loaded up, the entire session can be done
    in 1 minute :clap:

His_Highness and stickstones like this.
  17. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

When I first got my Herbie, I had to send it back for something. I can’t remember what, but it was minor. It has run flawlessly since.

I got my Herbie when it first came out. Wow, I’m not sure how many years it’s been now. Four years, I think.

His_Highness and Winegums like this.
  18. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

Perhaps I fucked up, but I never broke my Herbie in. Running ten sessions without any herb would give me a headache too! Give it a go!

Sorry to hear about your bubbler. Let us know how that gets remedied. Respect! YaMon

19. Winegums

Good news! Herbalizer already sent my unit back after repairing it. I'm beginning to miss it already as I use it to sample all the strains I get. Since the temperature is so consistent I can really get a feel for a strain, which decides how I will use it with my other vaporizers as well.

That's for sure. Might not be as tasty as the first whole nug hits but the amount of vapour is surprising.
    Vapcaps are close or equally as fast but they don't work well as a session vape nor do they hold as much material.

20. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

We tried Stick's Tip and we just couldn't take it all!!!! :doh: Hold on...that doesn't sound quite right.....before this ends up in the "FC Post Taken Out Of Context" thread I think I'll change my description from Stick's Tip to Stick's Tricks :rofl:

Anywhoo....we didn't get quite as cloudy on the first full nug pulls at 390 as Sticks did but we were using the whip. Once I crumbled that slightly dryer nug....OMFG! We had to tap out at 390 after just 2 more pulls a piece. If you know someone who won't stop cumbusting .... this is a foolproof conversion method right here folks.

Keep them tricks coming Sticks. :tup::rockon:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors