• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

Justpassedu

i've wondered how long the vapor would last in a bag. last night, i filled the volcano bag with .1 of bud and about 4 hours later i tried it and nada. not a bit of vapor.

i figured it would only last an hour or less but i keep reading stuff saying the vapor can stay vapor for hours.

it's bullshit! next time i remember to do it, i'll keep the bag full for an hour and see if there is anything left. it's the remembering part that's the problem. :)

my elec went out yesterday. i almost had to roll a joint! :cuss:
I think you may have also forgot , this is the herbalizer thread ...

Justpassedu,
Reactions: turk

Justpassedu

yeah and i was referring to using my HERBIE with a volcano bag. is that cool with you? do i get a demerit?
2 point deduction in the demerit system . Lol , I didn't see herbie mentioned in the post so my bad . Your cool , vape on man , volcano bags with the herbie are great , I am currently using a 3ft cano bag in my herbie .

mixchu69

Picked up the tasters choice. Been neglecting my herbie but now should see much more action. For $150, steamroller, scs 3 piece grinder, bags and more. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass. Wish it was the bent neck, but still very happy

mixchu69,
Reactions: stressed

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I've read more than a few posts in which people talk about using Volcano bags with the Herbalizer. I believe some authors of these posts indicate that they recycle Herbalizer valves by replacing the original bag with Volcano bag material, while others seem to indicate that they also use the solid valve filling chamber instead of the Herbalizer bowl.

Will someone please confirm that they meant they use a solid valve filling chamber instead of an Herbalizer bowl?

Aimless Ryan,

turk

turk
Picked up the tasters choice. Been neglecting my herbie but now should see much more action. For $150, steamroller, scs 3 piece grinder, bags and more. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass. Wish it was the bent neck, but still very happy
...u will fuckin love it...simple as that...to bad not a bent neck...but it's still very sweet...

turk,

stressed

I've read more than a few posts in which people talk about using Volcano bags with the Herbalizer. I believe some authors of these posts indicate that they recycle Herbalizer valves by replacing the original bag with Volcano bag material, while others seem to indicate that they also use the solid valve filling chamber instead of the Herbalizer bowl.

Will someone please confirm that they meant they use a solid valve filling chamber instead of an Herbalizer bowl?

yep. i use the solid valve and volcano bags. but you still use the herbie bowl.

H20Welder

I just acquired a new Herbalizer. It heats up to 400-425 very fast. I am using a pretty dry ground herb, 1/2 bowl, and it takes a long time for vapor to appear - nearly 5 minutes. Is this a function of the herb, or am I doing something wrong? I tried moisturizing the herb, but it didn't make any difference.

Do you remove the screen from the solid valve filling chamber?
If you mean that kind of coarse screen at the bottom, separate from the bowl- no I did not remove it - didn't know I could or should.

Do you think removing that screen will improve the vaporization time?

Last edited by a moderator:
H20Welder,

Aimless Ryan

If you mean that kind of coarse screen at the bottom, separate from the bowl- no I did not remove it - didn't know I could or should.
Well then how does one use the solid valve filling chamber AND the Herbalizer bowl at the same time? If the screen is in the filling chamber and the Herbalizer bowl is also used, you can't just balance the filling chamber on top of the Herbalizer bowl. Right?

Aimless Ryan,

od1

I just acquired a new Herbalizer. It heats up to 400-425 very fast. I am using a pretty dry ground herb, 1/2 bowl, and it takes a long time for vapor to appear - nearly 5 minutes. Is this a function of the herb, or am I doing something wrong? I tried moisturizing the herb, but it didn't make any difference.

Do you think removing that screen will improve the vaporization time?

I use the whip, and it definitely doesn't take 5 minutes for vapor to appear. If you draw hard, and you can use the fan too, you should get more vapor. I'd contact tech support if I were you.

And it goes without saying, but the herb should be quality of course.

MinnBobber

It heats up to 400-425 very fast. I am using a pretty dry ground herb, 1/2 bowl, and it takes a long time for vapor to appear - nearly 5 minutes. Is this a function of the herb, or am I doing something wrong? I tried moisturizing the herb, but it didn't make any difference.
It should take no more than 15 seconds to get vapor after turning on Herbie. Turn it on to 425 and turn on the fan. With no load, are you getting super hot air blown onto your hand near the chamber???
Is the chamber top screen clean as that can get super-clogged with gunk and impact performance----that's the main suspect here.
Are you bags or whip?
do you get vapor from your current herb with other vapes or is this your only one??? Your herb is the other main suspect as bad, low grade herb won't produce vapor.
Keep trying and report back

MinnBobber,

Aimless Ryan

Well then how does one use the solid valve filling chamber AND the Herbalizer bowl at the same time? If the screen is in the filling chamber and the Herbalizer bowl is also used, you can't just balance the filling chamber on top of the Herbalizer bowl. Right?

I ask because shortly after getting a Volcano early this year (arrived January 12) I tried using the solid valve with the Herbalizer in a way I hadn't seen anyone else do it, even after googling an appropriate search term; I guess in hopes of using the Herbalizer without risking herbs flying out of the bowl when it sometimes unthreads while filling a bag. The way I tried doing this didn't require the Herbalizer bowl, and I can't figure out how anyone uses the solid valve filling chamber and the Herbalizer bowl at the same time.

(Disclaimer: Sometimes I can't "see" things even while looking directly at them because of vision disturbances and cognitive issues. So maybe I've already seen the answer I'm looking for but just don't realize I've seen it.)

Yesterday I googled the same search term I tried in January, and I actually got a hit, from this thread. Which I missed before because the post didn't exist until a few days after I searched, and because I was not active on FC for a couple months after this post:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-herbalizer.9116/page-213#post-724351

Apparently @Highland7 and I were trying this at almost exactly the same time.

When @stressed posted a pic of the solid valve a page back, at first I thought he was doing the same thing but quickly realized he wasn't. So I'm just curious how else it might be possible to use the solid valve with the Herbalizer.

EDIT: I'm wrong about the date. That post was two years ago. Kinda proves my point about vision and cognition.

Last edited:
Aimless Ryan,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Winegums,
Reactions: Stormsend

stressed

I ask because shortly after getting a Volcano early this year (arrived January 12) I tried using the solid valve with the Herbalizer in a way I hadn't seen anyone else do it, even after googling an appropriate search term; I guess in hopes of using the Herbalizer without risking herbs flying out of the bowl when it sometimes unthreads while filling a bag. The way I tried doing this didn't require the Herbalizer bowl, and I can't figure out how anyone uses the solid valve filling chamber and the Herbalizer bowl at the same time.

(Disclaimer: Sometimes I can't "see" things even while looking directly at them because of vision disturbances and cognitive issues. So maybe I've already seen the answer I'm looking for but just don't realize I've seen it.)

Yesterday I googled the same search term I tried in January, and I actually got a hit, from this thread. Which I missed before because the post didn't exist until a few days after I searched, and because I was not active on FC for a couple months after this post:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-herbalizer.9116/page-213#post-724351

Apparently @Highland7 and I were trying this at almost exactly the same time.

When @stressed posted a pic of the solid valve a page back, at first I thought he was doing the same thing but quickly realized he wasn't. So I'm just curious how else it might be possible to use the solid valve with the Herbalizer.

EDIT: I'm wrong about the date. That post was two years ago. Kinda proves my point about vision and cognition.
howdy.

i'm not sure what came with the volcano so in my simple way, hopefully this will explain what i did. forget your volcano for a min.

i bought a solid valve kit, i know nothing about a screen in this kit, i bought bags and i bought that rubber nipple thing that ratchet makes. GUYS please tell him what that is called. i'm WAAAAAAY too high at the moment. not that that's a bad thing. :)

put a bag on the solid valve, put the nipple on the herbie bowl thing that sticks up, put the bag on the nipple. TAA DAA! that's it. works like a charm. i also bought something to make sure those annoying little leaks don't happen at the base of the bag. i posted it a few posts back and again...too high etc.

and my herbie never unthreads. does yours screw together tightly?

ON ANother note. - i did experiment #2 today with the volcano bags. i filled one with .1 of vapor. an hour and a 1/2 later i woke up and toked it. there was nada!

experiment #3 coming up.
excited?
yeah me too. :)

it's so weird that most of you guys don't like using the bags. i have no doubt that i get more out of a bowl than someone who does a few tokes. zero waste, hardly any coughing even at 415 degrees.

i tried the whip for years. for me it's no contest. as i'm very, very, very, smart, that means you guys are doing it wrong!

:lol:

Last edited:

H20Welder

I use the whip, and it definitely doesn't take 5 minutes for vapor to appear. If you draw hard, and you can use the fan too, you should get more vapor. I'd contact tech support if I were you.

And it goes without saying, but the herb should be quality of course.
I think you're right, and the herb is low quality.I'll try something else. Thanks.

It should take no more than 15 seconds to get vapor after turning on Herbie. Turn it on to 425 and turn on the fan. With no load, are you getting super hot air blown onto your hand near the chamber???
Is the chamber top screen clean as that can get super-clogged with gunk and impact performance----that's the main suspect here.
Are you bags or whip?
do you get vapor from your current herb with other vapes or is this your only one??? Your herb is the other main suspect as bad, low grade herb won't produce vapor.
Keep trying and report back
I did as you suggested and got super hot air from the chamber. So it is evidently the low quality herb that is the problem. Thanks for your help. I'll cultivate patience until I get something decent to smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:
H20Welder,

stressed

so i put some vapor in a balloon for 30 minutes this time.
after 30 minutes, the vapor was about 1/4 of what there was when first filled.

then i did it for 15 minutes.

conclusion, i wouldn't go more than 10 minutes on a bag. any longer and you're losing the goodies fast.

experiment done. anytime you read someone has kept vapor good in a balloon for hours. they're making it up.

i wonder if i can get paid for experimenting...

for us newbs, here's a whole bunch of vids from dynavap.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCebV4cXRdXIncnHHnGYt1Hg/videos

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

howdy.
and my herbie never unthreads. does yours screw together tightly?
I think with me it's mainly because I have lost so much feeling in a relatively short time span, combined with the fact that sometimes I have to turn the bag while filling.

Aimless Ryan,

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7

You could use the solid valve chamber and herbie bowl at the same time if you removed the bottom screen from the solid valve filling chamber

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
I am @Highland7 btw - lost my log in info

But you can use the herbie bowl and volcano filling chamber... remove screen and place the volcano filling chamber on to of herbie bowl

It will fill but I don't like it cause it could get wobbly... just scrap the herbie bowl and use all volcano stuff ... with the yellow o ring to protect the herbie

Sorry for double post couldn't edit for some reason

Top Bottom