Discontinued The Herbalizer

The herbie can certainly do that but eventually you are going to have to deal with oil dripping down into the guts of the machine. Mistakes happen. There are a lot of cheaper and very effective devices available to vape runny oils. Your call but I wouldn't take a chance like that.

Can't speak about customer service. I've thankfully never had to call them. Happy customer.
Herbie is the only vape you own?

diandiandian,
No. I own about 20 vapes. Not sure really. Bad VAS. LOL
Mighty and herbie? Should I own both? I am currently owning the mighty, so it's worth to pick up the herbie? My only concern is, if I end up only using the herbie and there is no point for me to keep the mighty right?

diandiandian,

Southern Chef

Mighty and herbie? Should I own both? I am currently owning the mighty, so it's worth to pick up the herbie? My only concern is, if I end up only using the herbie and there is no point for me to keep the mighty right?
I like to keep several in rotation. Lots of people here, including me, like the variety of "signatures" that different vapes offer. I use both the mighty and the herbie among others.

Southern Chef,
I like to keep several in rotation. Lots of people here, including me, like the variety of "signatures" that different vapes offer. I use both the mighty and the herbie among others.
I heard you can take advantage of the mighty dosing capsule.

Edit: so if you choose to own one only, herbie is your choice over mighty?

Last edited:
diandiandian,

Southern Chef

The dosing caps work really well in the herbie. They fit perfectly in the herbie bowl and keep it very clean.

Southern Chef,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Should I own both?
The should factor.
Purely subjective.
Owning multiple delivery systems has kept me from tolerance issues.
It is not just the strain change I need, but a variety of delivery systems.

You could own both if this is of value to you.
You should think about your decision

should
SHo͝od,SHəd/
verb
modal verb: should

1. 1.
    used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions.
    "he should have been careful"
    • indicating a desirable or expected state.
      "by now students should be able to read with a large degree of independence"
    • used to give or ask advice or suggestions.
      "you should go back to bed"
    • used to give advice.
      "I should hold out if I were you"
  2. 2.
    used to indicate what is probable.
    "$348 million should be enough to buy him out"

lazylathe

Almost there...
so if you choose to own one only, herbie is your choice over mighty?

@Vitolo gave an excellent answer as always!

My take on it is slightly different!

Herbalizer - Desktop, stationary unit for home use with excellent purity due to convection
Mighty - Portable, outside home use portable unit with mixed conduction/convection

If you vape in ONE spot ALL the time then go for the Herbalizer, i have one it is great!
If you vape around the house, outside anywhere then of course you should get the Mighty, i also have one and it is great!

Then you need to decide what is important for you, the purest flavor or a more blended flavor?
I like both of them but prefer one over the other, personal preference.

I am also in the same boat as @Vitolo and a lot of other members that use vaporizers for medical conditions and thus we have LOTS of variety at our disposal!
Keeps our tolerance low and keeps up the fun factor!

In the end no other person can answer your question effectively unfortunately...
This can only be decided by yourself as to your requirements.

@Vitolo gave an excellent answer as always!

My take on it is slightly different!

Herbalizer - Desktop, stationary unit for home use with excellent purity due to convection
Mighty - Portable, outside home use portable unit with mixed conduction/convection

If you vape in ONE spot ALL the time then go for the Herbalizer, i have one it is great!
If you vape around the house, outside anywhere then of course you should get the Mighty, i also have one and it is great!

Then you need to decide what is important for you, the purest flavor or a more blended flavor?
I like both of them but prefer one over the other, personal preference.

I am also in the same boat as @Vitolo and a lot of other members that use vaporizers for medical conditions and thus we have LOTS of variety at our disposal!
Keeps our tolerance low and keeps up the fun factor!

In the end no other person can answer your question effectively unfortunately...
This can only be decided by yourself as to your requirements.
Thanks

Will the bulbber work similar like the steam roller? Or they are very different?

Last edited by a moderator:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Will the bulbber work similar like the steam roller? Or they are very different?
You need a few pieces to really get a bubbler going with the herbalizer. I'm fairly certain that you can get the same experience as the steam roller by using an empty bubbler. I often go through periods of time where I'll run a glass piece dry for tasty cooled hits.

You need a few pieces to really get a bubbler going with the herbalizer. I'm fairly certain that you can get the same experience as the steam roller by using an empty bubbler. I often go through periods of time where I'll run a glass piece dry for tasty cooled hits.
I have the bulbber from sneakypete, the water tool bulbber. The steamroller cost like $150ish, if I can get the same experience with that, I might just get an adapter and connect with the bulbber and save myself $100+ bucks.

diandiandian,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I have the bulbber from sneakypete, the water tool bulbber. The steamroller cost like $150ish, if I can get the same experience with that, I might just get an adapter and connect with the bulbber and save myself $100+ bucks.

Yeah all you need is 3/8" ID high temp, food grade, Pt cured, silicone tubing for a whip. And a 10mm female to XXmm female connector that will slide into the tube and your bubbler.

Winegums,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Or get the delta 3D, silicone adapter?
errr not exactly. Those are more so for Hydra tubes that mount on top of the Herbalizer. I have a length of tubing that I put on my Herbalizer, I then put a GonG connector in to the tubing, I then put the male 14mm into my water pieces.

Winegums,
errr not exactly. Those are more so for Hydra tubes that mount on top of the Herbalizer. I have a length of tubing that I put on my Herbalizer, I then put a GonG connector in to the tubing, I then put the male 14mm into my water pieces.
I have a water tool. Sneaky Pete's water tool, do you think that will work?

diandiandian,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Winegums,
That'll do the trick with Delta 3D silicone adapter. It's not going to diffuse the vapour the same as the steam roller though, you would need a similarly sized piece like the one below to get the same effect.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2014-new-45cm-height-roor-glass-smoking-pipes/214082689.html

I would recommend using your tube with water.
So it's still worth to pick up the steam roller or it's fine just stick with the delta 3D+ bubbler?

EDIT: So meaning the experience is not too much different through bulbber and the steamroller? Thanks

Last edited:
diandiandian,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So it's still worth to pick up the steam roller or it's fine just stick with the delta 3D+ bubbler?
It's fine to just stick with the Delta 3d and bubbler. Just run it with water or the vapour could be a bit hot with a smaller volume stem like that.

Winegums,
Anyone tried to use dosing capsule on herbalizer? How much the quality will be degraded?

Edit: I guess I will just stick with dosing capsule, easy to use. Do you notice the vapor quality different? I haven't receive my Unit yet.

Last edited:
diandiandian,
Reactions: MinnBobber

MinnBobber

Anyone tried to use dosing capsule on herbalizer? How much the quality will be degraded?
Here's a pic of "two contenders" for optional use in Herbie:
S & B dosing capsule in the bottom chamber and miniVAP Flexicone module patiently waiting it's turn to provide vaping pleasure :)
Herbie%20w%20SB%20capsule.jpg

For me, the clear winner is the miniVAP Flexicone as it does not get as hot, it is much easier to load and unload, it stays shut (my dosing capsules seemed to sometimes be difficult to get open and sometimes they came open at the most inopportune times). For me, the Flexicones vastly improved by Herbie experience so no degradation. I can do microdoses very easily. The Herbie bottom chamber stays clean almost forever. The Herbie top chamber/screen (that seemed to need a lot of cleaning) never needs cleaning as that part is not used.
I can easily add a tiny degummed hemp filter to the Flexicone so all that micro ABV dust stays out of my mouth and water bubblers---the reclaim is 10X cleaner than stock Herbie reclaim. Bubbler reclaim is like pure honey instead of loaded with micro ABV particles.
Here's what Flexicone looks like, in pieces:
mV%20Flexi%20w%202%20screens.jpg

Herbie with Flexicone plus @Ratchett Herbie SONG (silicone adapter) is great with hydratube, with a hose connecting to bubbler, with a long glass mouthpiece direct on SONG, or just with a hose as Song provides a much more secure hose attachment than stock Herbie.
Herbie%20Songs%20HT.jpg

Once I experimented and found the Flexicone option, I never use the stock Herbie bowl. Note that I never was a fan of the stock Herbie bowl, I always thought there had to be a better setup.

Lord Byron

Here's a pic of "two contenders" for optional use in Herbie:
S & B dosing capsule in the bottom chamber and miniVAP Flexicone module patiently waiting it's turn to provide vaping pleasure :)
Herbie%20w%20SB%20capsule.jpg

For me, the clear winner is the miniVAP Flexicone as it does not get as hot, it is much easier to load and unload, it stays shut (my dosing capsules seemed to sometimes be difficult to get open and sometimes they came open at the most inopportune times). For me, the Flexicones vastly improved by Herbie experience so no degradation. I can do microdoses very easily. The Herbie bottom chamber stays clean almost forever. The Herbie top chamber/screen (that seemed to need a lot of cleaning) never needs cleaning as that part is not used.
I can easily add a tiny degummed hemp filter to the Flexicone so all that micro ABV dust stays out of my mouth and water bubblers---the reclaim is 10X cleaner than stock Herbie reclaim. Bubbler reclaim is like pure honey instead of loaded with micro ABV particles.
Here's what Flexicone looks like, in pieces:
mV%20Flexi%20w%202%20screens.jpg

Herbie with Flexicone plus @Ratchett Herbie SONG (silicone adapter) is great with hydratube, with a hose connecting to bubbler, with a long glass mouthpiece direct on SONG, or just with a hose as Song provides a much more secure hose attachment than stock Herbie.
Herbie%20Songs%20HT.jpg

Once I experimented and found the Flexicone option, I never use the stock Herbie bowl. Note that I never was a fan of the stock Herbie bowl, I always thought there had to be a better setup.

Can u point me to some websites for the pieces that would make the module setup. Like i cant find the hemp fiber filter anywhere. Im convinced that you way is the way to go for my herbie.

Squiby

Like i cant find the hemp fiber filter anywhere.

Here is a link to degummed hemp fiber.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/degummed-hemp-fiber

You can fashion a filter using this technique. This one was fashioned for a Vapcap, but the technique could be used anywhere. I use a filter sandwich; screen, filter, screen. The filter delivers an unbelievably smooth vapor with no particulates getting into the airflow and the bonus is a very clean vape for a very long time.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-295#post-1034430

MinnBobber

Can u point me to some websites for the pieces that would make the module setup. Like i cant find the hemp fiber filter anywhere. Im convinced that you way is the way to go for my herbie.
@Lord Byron --- For the Flexicone pieces: Are you in US??
http://www.minivap.com/usa/accessories-replacements.html/
The bummer is that most come in a group of 4 or 3, and they are not cheap. But, they last a long time.
Flexicones and wire baskets are needed. Note: the Arizer EQ basket/screens fit the Flexicone and are much cheaper BUT they are not as sturdy/heavy duty.

Extreme Q Screen Pack
US$4.99

Includes: 2 rimmed dome screens and 2 flat screens. Made of high quality stainless steel.
...................................................................................................

Any screen can be used BUT the miniVAP rimmed screens work the best.
@Squiby gave the link for hemp fiber--a little goes a long way.
She uses the "twist into a tiny rope and then spiral into a disk" method.
I use the "gently stretch into a thin layer and then spiral--like a mini galaxy" method :)
I can make the "mini galaxy" hemp very very thin so it adds minimal airflow resistance, yet filters out
the micro ABV pieces. Experiment.

Any vaping buddies that can split an order with you?
Or PM @stickstones here on FC as he sells miniVAP and see if he can do lesser quantities.
I hope you try this as for me, it made my Herbie a much better vaping experience and almost eliminated having to ever clean Herbie.

Top Bottom