Discontinued The Herbalizer

MinnBobber

Who in here has a minivap and herbalizer? If so, are they good enough to own both? ?

I own both and 110% glad that I have both. They are absolutely #1 and #2 of all the vapes I have ever tried.
And they are in slightly different niches/ have different capabilities so it is nice to have both (fan option, bag option, battery option, 7 second warmup option, etc).
I find they are a superb 1-2 lineup and both are amazing.

Concupiscient

I think it's been said - experience verifies, if u use the pad, definatey use both. One, alone, works for a while, but my bowl got gooey. Hey, I used too much, too, so factor that in. I just also learned the pads need to warm up in the bowl! IDK how u do it, I place a few drops of infused liq on pad, let it seep in, but not alot. At same time I take some already prepped by licks, or dbpromix THICK, VISCOUS concentrate and apply to 2nd pad. I could do this step smarter, but next I carefully place the 1st pad in bowl, adding another drop cause I haven't a clue. Set it for max and after a couple of minutes draw med w/out assist. Place the 2nd pd in and voila. Well - am happier with what I'm learning now than a few days ago.

Any mentors out there?

Concupiscient,

Concupiscient

Getting better at this ... Already thinking about replacing the pads w/something else I won't accidentally combust ...

Concupiscient,

MinnBobber

Herbie strong point:
I just vaped reclaim from my miniVAP Flexicone basket modules' hemp fiber, that I use exclusively in Herbie, and now figured out WHY I always vape any reclaim and finish my buds in Herbie at 445 F instead of finishing in my miniVAP (having usually started with the miniVAP at lower temps).

The Herbie halogen bulb heater is an animal, can keep up with long hard repeat repeat draws, where the miniVAP at 445 and giant pulls has lag time while the heater catches up with the output.

Herbie can keep up with any needed BTU's.

Picture of Flexicones and hemp fiber filter:
The center of the hemp fiber gets the most reclaim as vapor moves toward the smaller exit path.
And.... it really collects all that tiny herb dust from the super dry/ brittle herbage below it, as it gets sucked upstream. It keeps the small particles out of your bubbler, HT, whip, and lungs??
Flex%20fiber%20%20mod_1.jpg

Last edited:

blazedd

damn I really love the size of those baskets. I really wanted to get 8 of those to replace the s&b dosing capsules, but it's just way too pricey.. they want $25 for 2 baskets. the hemp filter and cap is also really tempting because of the tiny little bud particles.. esp when using a really fine grinder like MFLB finishing grinder.

been trying to hold off on writing any review until I can get a true experience, but the herbie is freakin crazy amazing. I've found that the fan assist is a must-have when pairing with water pieces.. it stretches out each bowl soooo much longer. there is so much to be vaped.. i just had no clue. the first thing I noticed is that the avb is much lighter and rarely ever goes black. and just like mini said, it DOES keep up with repeat draws.. stronger and better every hit in fact. I have much more to say.. but I'm gonna wait a little bit longer, almost done with my 2nd week of vape only.. farthest I've ever been without combustion, all thanks to the herbie!

also, quick question.. is it safe to toss the two bowl pieces into a bag of iso/salt and shake without taking anything apart? maybe take the black rubber around it off, but it seems kinda annoying to pop the screen out every cleaning.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
also, quick question.. is it safe to toss the two bowl pieces into a bag of iso/salt and shake without taking anything apart? maybe take the black rubber around it off, but it seems kinda annoying to pop the screen out every cleaning.

I would just iso it and skip the salt. Thoroughly rinse them and dry with a towel. Then pop them on the Herbie and run the fan at 445 to help dry everything out. I haven't had to clean anything since I started using the flexicone mod. Such a great mod.

Tenzarin

The heat resistant grips on the herbie bowl suck ass. Top one barely stays on and makes it a bitch to make sure the bowl is turned tight. Are there replace heat resistant grips that work better?

Tenzarin,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The first grip I had became loose.
Remove it and look inside.. You will see the raised portions that fit into the slots are worn.
I got a second set of grips, and they lasted, because I became smarter about where to place my fingers.
Second set lasted flawlessly for 2 years (until my vapes were all confiscated during the raid on our home).
The new replacement grips work very well.
Get a new grip, and you will surely find yourself using it well.

Last edited:

Concupiscient

The heat resistant grips on the herbie bowl suck ass. Top one barely stays on and makes it a bitch to make sure the bowl is turned tight. Are there replace heat resistant grips that work better?
Hi, @Tenzarin ... i remember seeing your thought & answer in first half of this topic. There's alot of experience, (see above), shared here - search with me, friend! :cheers:

Last edited:
Concupiscient,

Vitolo

Vaporist
In the Herbalizer Development Forum, a very small forum for the engineers at Herbalizer, The Creator (Josh Young), and a couple of early Beta Testers.. myself and @Slightly Medicated ,I addressed the issue of the cool grip slipping.
I said:
Vitolo 8/17/2013:
The black silicone that gives us grip, at the chambers top (cover) is held in place by
and amount of "extruded" material that snaps in place around the plastic housing...
into two "notches" on opposite sides of the plastic itself.
This leaves two areas that do not have notches to "pinch" the extruded silicone.
This has only happened to me one time, naturally during use....
If you reach for the chamber and grab right in that spot ... the silicone ring tries to slip off.
This was easily averted by turning the chamber a bit and rocking it off it's magnet by another spot..
and holding it a bit more securely.
This link will show a private video spot of the concept I speak of;
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k3EYMunrFfKNQ44sHmz
*NOTE: Video has been removed
josh.jpg

The Inventor of the Herbalizer, Joshua Young responded:
Josh 8/18/2013:
Great video it really helps communicate the issue. Correcting that will require a totally new bowl/grip design and that will take time. We started designing an improved bowl that stays much cooler and where the grip is well secured, but we got sidetracked. The issue is noted and will be factored into the second generation.
josh%202.jpg

In spite of the unfortunate situations that led to the Inventor/Creator and CEO of Herbalizer Josh Young and the marketing genius Sheila Hoyt no longer being a part of the "corporation" *,
the engineers at Herbalizer were made very aware of this issue I pointed out three years ago.
Whether they chose to follow through with this is not certain, as Sheila Hoyt and Josh Young were my main contacts all through the Beta testing and until they both were no longer at Herbalizer.
I do know my second set of grips worked from 2013 until 2015... the composition of the grips was the same, I just think I learned to handle the chamber better when removing it from the Vaporizer.
As I said:
This was easily averted by turning the chamber a bit and rocking it off it's magnet by another spot..
and holding it a bit more securely.

* If you want the story send me a message.

Last edited:

Concupiscient

Fellow Herbie users... This is a great tip! Thanks @Darb !

I just took a totally gummed up top screen and removed it and placed it on bottom. There was a thin ring of honey oil in the cap where the top screen was. I left the top cap screenless. I then proceeded to put a bag on and ran a cycle at 445. Not only did I get a bag of pretty thick vapor. I removed the bottom screen afterwards and brushed it and to my surprise, it was totally clean and like new.

This makes maintenance almost zero for the bowl as it all self cleans. It just gets better and better...

Having a Herbie, I almost feel like I'm exploring the depths of vapor outer space. Herbie being my high tech Flying Saucer!
Moved up as convenient tip ....

faksakes

When is the second generation being released? Is there a ball park date?

I am wanting to purchase but i can wait a few months if the new version is coming soon.

Thanks!

faksakes,

YungLeaner

When is the second generation being released? Is there a ball park date?

I am wanting to purchase but i can wait a few months if the new version is coming soon.

Thanks!
I don't think there's anything on the horizon. I also think it's the best performing desktop when it comes to pure convection, heat up time, efficiency and adaptability. Durability too, there's probably a warranty claim a day discussed on the Evo thread (I own and love one, not trashing) and there's very few problems experienced with the Herbalizer. I believe a user here found a really good and cheap deal on one with a coupon, so at least wait to buy until I can scrounge that up for you. and go into the purchase knowing what you'll get, and be ready to have a few cheap accessories for water pipe use. Then you're good to go :)

YungLeaner,
Reactions: faksakes

virtualpurple

Unless I have missed it there is not any release date for a second generation.

@Vitolo thank you for your input on the cool grips. I have not purchased a second set because the first set wore out so quick, but your suggestions make good sense.

Vitolo

Vaporist

faksakes

I don't think there's anything on the horizon. I also think it's the best performing desktop when it comes to pure convection, heat up time, efficiency and adaptability. Durability too, there's probably a warranty claim a day discussed on the Evo thread (I own and love one, not trashing) and there's very few problems experienced with the Herbalizer. I believe a user here found a really good and cheap deal on one with a coupon, so at least wait to buy until I can scrounge that up for you. and go into the purchase knowing what you'll get, and be ready to have a few cheap accessories for water pipe use. Then you're good to go :)

Thank's for your input. I had an EVO, one of the second generation models. Mine died a month after the 1 year warranty was up and they wouldn't even fix it as their new model was out with different parts. Ok, fine what about a discount on a new one? Nope, fu. Too bad so sad. Worst service of my life. And I paid over $600 so yeah, they'll never see another penny from me.

Appreciate the insight on the Herbalizer and appreciate the coupon code. I am in Canada so not sure if that changes things.

Looking forward to getting one of these! Cheers

faksakes,

turk

turk
....great insight as always vitolo....with practice i've been ble to work around any problems presnted by cool grips....each vape present a challenge to the user....Much like life...

turk,
Reactions: Vitolo

Concupiscient

Help ... If a guide with tips & tricks exists here, where?

RE: accessorising - what would a noob add on? Flexcone baskets look good ... other opinions, including potential replacement of the concentrate aromapads, appreciated.

Concupiscient,
Top Bottom