Discontinued The Herbalizer

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
Here are 2 images, it is tough to get a photo because the bulb flickers.
5Ogq9YH.jpg

qZB8ToF.jpg

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
@Skeena @Stu I appreciate the effort.

I wanted a picture was becuase this morning a white rectangle appeared in the lamps airpath. I was very worried. Emailed support@herbalizer.com, and within 30 minutes I had a response from Carrie. Turns out the white rectangle is the temperature sensor. This is considered normal and is not an issue. I think it may be visible in @Skeena last pic. See how the illuminate area is off color in the middle.

Can anyone else see a small white rectangle looking thing under the heater grill?

Been Vapin,

spincut

@spincut I don't have the easy valve currently so I can't say for sure, but I assume the Herbalizer will only pair up with the solid valve based on the easy valve's design. Regarding bowl size, have you loaded a Volcano bowl and then dumped the contents into the Herbalizer bowl? That'll be the easiest way to see the difference in volume. And the directions say to pack the bowl loosely, but, as I said, I pack mine tightly and it still works well. The only difference is a tight pack requires a stir whereas a smaller load doesn't. I've fit upwards of a half gram on a number of occasions without issue.

I mean, the bowl on the Herbie is DEFINITELY a lot smaller, I don't really require a precise measurement for that. I can toke out the contents of an herbie bowl (filled generously but within spec and and not too tightly packed( easily in an evening, whereas the Volcano bowl lasts me days still comparatively (and just clearly holds a lot more). I was starting to have doubts that the Herbie just wasn't as ideal for dry stuff, but more on that in a sec.

Hi all!

Pardon my intrusion - I normally don't post on vape threads which I don't personally own. However, I have had a few requests for a special adapter to add an 18mm male joint on top of the magnetic bowl (for HT's)

Initially I was hesitant to attempt this as I was unsure of which materials would be safe with vaping at these temperatures. However, ShapeWays now offers ceramic printing which is food-safe. This object is printed in a powdered ceramic with a binding agent, then glazed and fired in a kiln. It is heat-proof up to 500C (932F).

I understand there might be a few of you interested in this adapter. However, since I do not have access to either the Herbalizer nor a full size HT (my 14mm PNWT obviously doesn't count), I would like to ask for someone's assistance in testing the prototypes. I'm looking for someone within the CONUS with access to a pair of calipers or digital calipers to help provide several measurements and pictures.

Here's a screenshot of what I've already made (Note the wide part is hollow and intended to rest over/around the magnetic bowl)
xaBXTCY.png

PM me if you're interested in helping!

Ok, I want to hear more about this! Which actually brings up one of the larger problems I have within this thread :p . I keep hearing mentions of ingenenuitive people making adapters and accessories that would exceptionally enhance this things performance (as it is while I do agree the Herbie is pretty nice, it needs some tweaking, and thankfully a lot of that can be done on our end without the actual unit being revised....still wish we could get a stronger fan though..), but then they get buried and it's impossible to keep track, especially for me given I understand very little about all this, except that I want to attach better things than my rather unwherlming bowl and whip that came supplied.

Anyway, while I knew very little bout hydrotubes, I think I want one! I also just would like a redesigned better bowl/whip, among other things. I haven't tried to give shapeways my business since they cancelled my order for those nifty sandstones FF7 figurines that caught the attention of Squaresoft legal :p . Anyway, this is a very impressive use of their facility, and again, when it comes to this or any other legitimately cool accessory that I lack the skill to make myself, well, I'd like to be kept in the loop!

I've replaced two of mine with oven bags so far, they work and you can make them big or small. But there's something about that buttery soft herbie bag that I really don't wan't to go without.

Just opened my third bag and I'm already anxious about the crinkly future that may lie ahead of me...

Does anyone know of a safe way to clean the bag? I may have to try something soon. I really can't justify the price of new bags when oven bags are about a dollar a piece. maybe I'll try turning one inside out and boiling it? I feel ISO could be bad for the bag but if the boiling doesn't work ill try that.

On a side note the tape from the old bags does make for a tight fit around the bowl. I can't remember who pointed this out but thanks! Two fit perfectly and I haven't had a bag budge since.

I will admit that I was struck at the quiet-ness of the herbie bags. I always tolerated the crispy crunchy settling noises of the volcano because I liked it so much (and was too lazy to do solid valve and just find my own bags, although it seems like the ones people get are still kind of noisy?). They're just too darn small is the problem :/ .

Does anyone know where to find bags of similar material but are larger for the more ravenous smokers? I suppose I could use them for either my Herbie or volcano in such a case, although it sounds like for the Herbie I still need this special tape? Or at least, people seem to not be re-using this orange tape on the inside that it already has in there?

P.S. I FINALLY got a hold of some oil, and I've already tried it a bit and i'm really impressed, so much so that I'm starting to think that the Herbies place, for me anyway, is with oil moreso than dry stuff. It seems that the floor level of 400F is a bit low even to really get it going (I can taste it but little vapor or effect). I find that 430F was the sweet spot (and I was amazed to confirm how cleanly it melts in and unsullies the innards of the bowl). I want to try it out more though, but damn, finally learning to enjoy this thing while hitting a wall with dry herb.

Any further tips on dabbing with the herbie as I feel it out would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

didolgi

Last question I promise. Just to clarify...
I could shut it off to avoid leaked vapor or remove the bowl (heating element thing)? Either should work?
@Vinnie01 - the leaked vapor is a tiny puff that removing the bowl will take care of 100%. That said the amount of leaked vapor is very small. Its not zero, but IMHO its not enough to warrant removing the bowl between hits. Of course shutting off the unit does the same thing.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Ok, I want to hear more about this! Which actually brings up one of the larger problems I have within this thread :p . I keep hearing mentions of ingenenuitive people making adapters and accessories that would exceptionally enhance this things performance (as it is while I do agree the Herbie is pretty nice, it needs some tweaking, and thankfully a lot of that can be done on our end without the actual unit being revised....still wish we could get a stronger fan though..), but then they get buried and it's impossible to keep track, especially for me given I understand very little about all this, except that I want to attach better things than my rather unwherlming bowl and whip that came supplied.

Anyway, while I knew very little bout hydrotubes, I think I want one! I also just would like a redesigned better bowl/whip, among other things. I haven't tried to give shapeways my business since they cancelled my order for those nifty sandstones FF7 figurines that caught the attention of Squaresoft legal :p . Anyway, this is a very impressive use of their facility, and again, when it comes to this or any other legitimately cool accessory that I lack the skill to make myself, well, I'd like to be kept in the loop!

Heh - PM me if you want to be added to the list of beta testers.

I'll be ordering the first ceramic prototype this week - @nigel was kind enough to lend me a spare bowl to use for measurements.

Indeed shapeways isn't the best place to 3D print copyrighted objects - luckily there are other places for that..... Fortunately all of my models are made by me, orders on my store will not be cancelled.

I promise I'll make an official announcement and provide a link on this thread once I've released a finished model. Given the demand for this accessory, You can bet it's at the top of my to-do list. I'm actually printing a prototype male fitting tonight to confirm dimensions.

Since there's a 2.5 week turnaround on ceramic 3D prints, it will be another few weeks before this part is available to purchase directly through my store.

Last edited by a moderator:

weedemon

enthusiast
Last question I promise. Just to clarify...
I could shut it off to avoid leaked vapor or remove the bowl (heating element thing)? Either should work?
yeah both will work, i take the bowl off the heat when I am not using mine. I leave it on, but due to the incredible heat up time that's not even needed imo.

weedemon,

msb241178

2nd that. I'm infected with the herbalizer bug, it's been 6 months now and I can't shift it!, even bloody dreamin about it (how sad is that hey!).

msb241178,
Reactions: biohacker

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You know when you get told a good idea and then don't do it for a long time? And then you're pissed because you've been missing it all along? That's what happened when @vtac told us ages ago about the joys of using SSV tubing with Herbie. I finally went looking for my SSV tubing and couldn't find it. But I found some huge tubing that came with my Baker unit that is almost obnoxious in how thick it is. That shit fits just right over the outside of the whip connection and allows me to full on hit it old-school bong-style! I am getting massive hits that I prefer to using with water.

biohacker

2nd that. I'm infected with the herbalizer bug, it's been 6 months now and I can't shift it!, even bloody dreamin about it (how sad is that hey!).

That's funny you mention dreaming. I had the pleasure of having @lazylathe visit this past weekend and ofcourse he brought the beloved Herbie! I only had one quick chance to try it out months ago because I was so focussed on the EVO, and just automatically dismissed the Herbie as not being able to get hot enough nor produce clouds as big as the EVO for my taste. Well, this time the focus was ALL on the Herbie and having @lazylathe explain some things to me about the technology just made my ears perk up. I am absolutely floored by this technological marvel! I think i'll save a more thorough post on my thoughts for later, but what stood out the most for me personally was TASTE!! I THOUGHT I KNEW what taste meant, but holy crap.... I just couldn't get over it! The vapour was sooooo smooth and the temp accuracy and speed to adjust is just unreal!

I've been DREAMING about the Herbie ever since and one day soon I will own one too and join this cult following!

Thanks @stickstones....i'm an old school bong smoker....my fav vape right now is the Cloud+ and I love hitting massive rips with it....nice to know that the bigger tubing will pump bigger clouds!! LOVE IT!!!

didolgi

Just to update the thread. A few quick e-mails with Herbalizer support and I have my UPS return label. Carrie did say repair can take up to two weeks. I'm hopeful that living in SoCal will keep the shipping times down, and my repair can be done fast.

I've been discussing with family the purchase of a 2nd Herbie since my Aunt will be moving back to her home in the next few months and no way either of us want to be without. This was the excuse I needed. Order placed for a new Herbie today. :D
One final update on my sick herbie... He's back :):):):):):):):):)

The UPS driver brought my friend home last night and we had a wonderful time.

Not that anybody is keeping count, but Carrie told me it would be about two weeks, and 13 days later I'd say they lived up to that promise. The reason for my unit's failure was a software bug, they have updated the software and we're all good.

goatgobaahh

You know when you get told a good idea and then don't do it for a long time? And then you're pissed because you've been missing it all along? That's what happened when @vtac told us ages ago about the joys of using SSV tubing with Herbie. I finally went looking for my SSV tubing and couldn't find it. But I found some huge tubing that came with my Baker unit that is almost obnoxious in how thick it is. That shit fits just right over the outside of the whip connection and allows me to full on hit it old-school bong-style! I am getting massive hits that I prefer to using with water.

I used the stock tubing for when I want to "sip" the vapor. The first day I switched out the tubing once material was sticking to the stock hose. Then I took the larger tubing cut it very short and now I'm using it with water.

This does create larger clouds and provide more vapor in my opinion. Anyone else agree?

biohacker

Further to my post above (have a bit of time now), I just first wanted to give a big shoutout to FC brother @lazylathe for visiting and allowing me the opportunity to check out the Herbie! I am very thoroughly impressed with the experience and just wanted to elaborate a little more, for hopes it will help someone. The rapid few second heat up time is something that will be hard to live without until I get my own Herbie; I can't imagine anything better for bedside when I wakeup in the middle of the night and can't sleep. It is just so simple to use and the TASTE!!! I couldn't get over the taste....we started laughing so hard because I just couldn't believe how good all the novel strains tasted and it literally was like candy, and very strong tasting candy! So sweet!!!

I'm having a hard time with the price (nearly $1000 for me in canada), but know it will be worth it one day. Probably THE most medicinal device out there IMO.....doctors should be recommending this one for desktop.

Chill Dude

I used the stock tubing for when I want to "sip" the vapor. The first day I switched out the tubing once material was sticking to the stock hose. Then I took the larger tubing cut it very short and now I'm using it with water.

This does create larger clouds and provide more vapor in my opinion. Anyone else agree?

I'm glad that the increased diameter tubing is working for you. For me, the stock tubing works fine and I can blow super big clouds (especially at 420F +). However, I do get what you're saying. If you're using water filtration with the larger diameter tubing and want a shorter session, you could probably kill a bowl in like 4 or 5 hits and blow monster clouds with your method :brow:.

Top Bottom