• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

green2brown

Has anyone purchased new bags recently? I'm wondering if any improvements have been made since the original release back in December. My original 4 bags all leaked within a week's use which is about the only disappointing thing I've found so far with the Herbalizer. Volcano bags used to work flawlessly for months when I owned one years ago. I want to order new bags because I do enjoy the option, but if nothing has changed then I may opt to design my own.

Has anyone tried to use Volcano bags with the Herbalizer? Does the mouthpiece fit onto Herbie's bowl? If it doesn't, is there a mod to make it fit?

UPDATE: I just received an e-mail response from the Herbalizer team regarding the bags...

"The bags are currently the same as the ones that you originally ordered, but we are designing new ones that will fit more snugly onto the bowl. The balloons will leak a small amount of vapor, after a little while, particularly when they're not completely full."

While it's good to hear that improved bags are on the way, I'm not too pleased to hear that the bags are expected to leak. I never had this problem with the Volcano.

Let's discuss alternatives, FC!

Last edited:

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Volcano bags have been done. I'd imagine they work great, but can get noisy. Not me or my pic.
http://iconosquare.com/p/727539825562503973_27911681

Not sure if anyone has done Volcano solid/easy valve to Herbalizer bowl. It could easily be done with some silicone tubing.

The mouthpiece of volcano solid valve doesn't match Herbie's dimensions out of the box. Mods are needed.

Edit or 4 made it work. Introducing Herbie volcano bag system. Pic in coming.

Place solid valve on top of Herbalizer bowl, lightly hold down valve. It provides a tight seal. I pulled out a high powered LED flashlight and could see no vapor leaking at all. I forgot how nice the Volcano solid valve is.

The only downside is you have to hold the valve down and if you drop it on your LCD it ain't gonna be pretty.
Af2HIjh.jpg
[/IMG]
Af2HIjh.jpg

qkidKpz.jpg

Time for some very extensive researching of this dynamic vape.

This bag was filled at 395F. It filled completely before the auto shut off. I call it old meets new and makes improved.

huU3EwY.jpg

Then this happend. I popped out the bottom screen of the Volcano filling chamber. When property aligned it provides a leak free, hands free, Volcano to Herbalizer mod. The only thing is it must be aligned properly and if that tower of Volcano valve comes crashing down its going to fuck some Herbalizer stuff up.

lL5bUun.jpg

This is from a conversation I had with another FC member about Herbie bags.

I usually use the Reynolds Large, which is smaller than turkey size.
http://www.amazon.com/Reynolds-Cooking-Bags-Large-Poultry-8-Pounds/dp/B000LM495E

Right now I have Reynolds bag that is even smaller than the large, but I threw away the box. It seems these bags are out of production. The bags are about 16 inches long by 10 inches wide, 7 in less wide than large size.

The box had a date of 1996 on it!

Pretty much any turkey/oven bag will work. I think Volcano bags would work very well, and it comes with a strip you can use to replace the yellow tape thing. The volc bags are also pretty cheap, and can be customized to any size.

I started using the Reynolds bags years ago to replace Storz & Nickel bags for my Volcano. The main reason for this was because no one locally stocked Volcano bags. I think the Reynolds bags are a cheaper, readily available, less noisy, thick alternative than Storz & Nickel bags. Really the only pro of the Volcano OEM bags are customizable sizes up to 12 ft. Party bags. With that said I have done 6ft Volcano bags back in the day by myself all the way to small one hitters. Volcano bags are incredibly noisy and crinkly.

I really like the Herbalizer bag size and shape. Its almost the perfect size? I think the material could be less noisy and thicker. I am just used to the Reynolds bags. One of my Herbalizer bags had a leak in it out of the box, in one of the creases from the folding process. I am actually gonna shoot Carrie an email about that.

I would use Herbalizer bags exclusively, but the cost is too much for my liking. I get about a week out of a clean valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the redesigned bags have more reliable squeeze valves. My biggest issue is that the valves typically don't provide an airtight seal when not in use.

@green2brown When you talk about your bags leaking, where are they leaking from? Is it the valve opening or somewhere else?

letter never sent,
Reactions: nigel

didolgi

I am sad to report just a few minutes ago my Herbie started displaying 'service needed'

I'm not worried at all that I will be taken care of by support, its just I miss him already :(:(:(:(:(
Just to update the thread. A few quick e-mails with Herbalizer support and I have my UPS return label. Carrie did say repair can take up to two weeks. I'm hopeful that living in SoCal will keep the shipping times down, and my repair can be done fast.

I've been discussing with family the purchase of a 2nd Herbie since my Aunt will be moving back to her home in the next few months and no way either of us want to be without. This was the excuse I needed. Order placed for a new Herbie today. :D

green2brown

@Been Vapin Looks like it's time for me to order that solid valve! Thanks for your post!

@letter never sent I've had leaks all over really: the standard leak from the valve not sealing completely, leaks between the plastic of the bag and the mouthpiece, and I had a couple mystery leaks where vapor seeped out the top of the bag but I couldn't find a hole (this occurred in 2 of the bags I received).

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Well, I've had my Herbalizer two weeks as of this evening. So far, I really love it. It's efficient, versatile, and easy to use. It is even easy to use with my disability! :tup: I don't think I have ever been more happy with a vaporizer purchase! :clap:

***I have not had a problem with my balloon leaking. I have only used one of the four that are provided.

spincut

you're not actually packing it , though, right? just fill it loosely.

I am packing it like I normally did, loose, not firm, just like I did with the herbie leading up to this point, as well as my volcano. Regardless, this is a bit soon for either the bowl to be clogged (doesnt appear to be visually), or the bags to be leaking (something that actually does seem possible at this point, although I was not able to spot any leaks while it was filling).

Has anyone purchased new bags recently? I'm wondering if any improvements have been made since the original release back in December. My original 4 bags all leaked within a week's use which is about the only disappointing thing I've found so far with the Herbalizer. Volcano bags used to work flawlessly for months when I owned one years ago. I want to order new bags because I do enjoy the option, but if nothing has changed then I may opt to design my own.

Has anyone tried to use Volcano bags with the Herbalizer? Does the mouthpiece fit onto Herbie's bowl? If it doesn't, is there a mod to make it fit?

UPDATE: I just received an e-mail response from the Herbalizer team regarding the bags...

"The bags are currently the same as the ones that you originally ordered, but we are designing new ones that will fit more snugly onto the bowl. The balloons will leak a small amount of vapor, after a little while, particularly when they're not completely full."

While it's good to hear that improved bags are on the way, I'm not too pleased to hear that the bags are expected to leak. I never had this problem with the Volcano.

This is disconcerting :/ . I got excited at first when I felt like this post, and the one following it by @Been Vapin (which went way over my head btw), because I thought it also figured a way to accomodate a volcano bowl, which would have made me very happy.

Anyway, still an interesting idea, even though I've always rocked the easy valve (in case you're seeing a pattern, I like things to be easy and straightforward. I'm fine with tossing an easy valve in the trash after months of heavy use and just buying another. Now people just need to get on making all these cool accesories that have been theorized that will hopefully help make this herbie perform even better than it does with the stock components (I am sad though that no matter what we do we cannot upgrade the fan :/ ) .

FaceDownScutUp

I'm with green2brown on this one, most of my stock bags would start leaking pretty quickly, easily the most disappointing part of this vape for me.

Most of my bags have been replaced by Reynolds oven bags, following this guide to fix the mystery leaks from the bag itself. As far as the mouthpiece goes, I've found as I use the bags the mouthpiece gradually gets looser and looser. So while the leaks will be insignificant at first, within a week or so I'll see a steady stream of vapor leaking. A bit of silver surfer tubing around the top of the bowl fixes this for me.

Hopefully the bag design they seem to be working on hits the nail on the head! :D

spincut

So far just holding the valve seems to be my go to. Shit like this really makes me want a 3d printer more and more.

TQi7VzV.jpg

Wait, did you just summarize, in so many words, that all you're really doing s taking your easy valve setup and "holding it down" on the herbie valve? And...it works? Cause yeah, getting working larger bags on both vapes could very well push me into easy valve territory (even though I just bought my second starter kit so I'd have two easy valve bowls :p ) .

Now...if someone can just figure out how to get a larger bowl in there so I don't have to refill it quite as often :p .

TheDoctor76859

I have also had problems with leaking bags. I ordered a new set but when each of them started leaking in about a week or a little more I just started ordering vapeworld bags and reusing the valves. Most of the vapeworld bags last about a month. Now I am having trouble with the valves cracking on the inside. I just wish the bags did not cost so much.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Wait, did you just summarize, in so many words, that all you're really doing s taking your easy valve setup and "holding it down" on the herbie valve? And...it works? Cause yeah, getting working larger bags on both vapes could very well push me into easy valve territory (even though I just bought my second starter kit so I'd have two easy valve bowls :p ) .

Now...if someone can just figure out how to get a larger bowl in there so I don't have to refill it quite as often :p .

Yep I am just holding it on there. Zero leakage while filling. Haven't used the Herbalizer valve all day. Its a solid valve kit I'm using.

There is a very slight downward pressure applied. Don't know its unhealthy for Herbie. Seems pretty solid.

green2brown

Just bought a solid valve kit on eBay for $100 shipped. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to spend another $100 on my Herbalizer set up given the already big initial investment, but then some rationale made it an easy decision... a 4-pack of Herbalizer bags cost about $50 shipped and each bag lasts me about a week IME before the leaks become an issue. So in 2 months time I'll have spent $100 regardless, but at least with the solid valve every successive month will only cost a few dollars in turkey bags instead of another $50 in Herbie bags. Plus I like the idea of a 10 ft party bag :D

Chill Dude

I decided to order some supplies this afternoon. A 3 pack of whips, and a 2 pack of aromatherapy pads. :)

I did basically the same thing. I got the 3 pack of whips, 2 pack of Dab pads and a few extra screens. I also ordered an extra bowl. It was pretty expensive though I think around $75. Although I usually medicate alone, The extra bowl comes in handy on the occasional times when I'm indulging in a group setting. After finishing a bowl It's nice to have another bowl fully loaded and ready to go.:rockon:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just filled a balloon, and no leaks so far. I'm only using one balloon at a time, for as long as it will last. Hopefully that will be a good while. :nod:

***I'm getting totally baked from this balloon. I did put a tiny piece of bubble hash in with the ground bud, though. That could be what's kicking my ass. :lol:

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I just got an email from Carrie as well:

Hi Vicki,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you today. We will indeed honor the warranty for the units sold on massdrop. Let me know if you have any other questions!

That's really cool. They didn't have to do that and I think goes to show the customer support at Herbalizer is great!

Herbie is so fucking fast that you can blow up half a balloon at 290, shut the fan off, bump up the temp to say 445, engage fan, then you'd have 1 balloon, 1 strain, filled at 2 different vaped temps..... Then imagine multiple different types of weed mixed at different temps in the same balloon!:brow:

I'm not sure what the first part does that just running a ballon at 445 won't do. You will get all of the 290 stuff in that run.

Now, using two different balloons at different temps is a great thing if you have people that have different needs/tastes/etc. Like the user here that has an Aunt that has a negative reaction to the low temps, so they do the low temps, and the aunt gets the second bag. Or I have someone that has a mild allergy to one of the terps (β-Myrcene [~330°F] -- it is the same terp that is present in mango and hops), that I can give lower temps bags to them, then use a higher temp for myself, and then the really high temps for someone else. Become the eskimos of herb and use all of the compounds. :)

You second idea of diff strains at diff temps mixed into the same bag is a really interesting idea!

Where the fuck do I put the fucking weed??

:rofl: Just goes to show, that just because one thinks something is obvious to them, doesn't mean it is. :)

The fan is shutting off while I fill bags...why is it doing this?

As others have suggested, the timer is fixed on that, and normally will go longer than time to fill a ballon. Both over-filled bowl and clogged screens have been suggested. (I've run into the over-filled bowl myself. Usually half a bowl, loosely packed is good, but I was trying to "feed" a group of people and over-filled, and got worse performance.) I'll add to that, leaks around the valve (a finger down on it fixes the issue) and leaks in the bowl will also cause a bag to not fill properly. In the latter case, a few times I have not screwed the bowl back together correctly/tightly (I know... I know... How can I screw up something so simple?) and that has been the cause.

So, it should fill before the timer shuts off. If it isn't, there is something impeding the proper airflow.

My original 4 bags all leaked within a week's use which is about the only disappointing thing I've found so far with the Herbalizer.

I have noticed no leaks in any of my bags. I tried one last night looking for it.

And I don't know so much that "the bags are expected to leak", as that just sound like a more general statement allowing for some tolerance.

nojail101

I received my Herbalizer Thursday and the last 48 hours have been spent in an Herbalized haze.

I haven’t found anything I don’t like about it. This was the first time I’ve used bags, and they work great. It’s nice to have another option to get Herbalized.

I used the whip with a glass drip tip I use with my e-cig’s. I used the whip more so I could pull the bowl off between hits.

I also have an Ascent and it came with a 14mm straight water tool adapter. It fits the bowl perfect, with an air tight seal. The gong end fits a 510 drip tip, air tight. This is now my favorite way to use Herbie.

This is an amazing vaporizer! I'll buy anything the dolphins put out in the future!

Here's a few pics from the past couple hazy days.

You just help me out a lot I stumbled across this I don't know how ? Lol I am glad I did though because I needed to know what millimeter attachment to guess for my da Vinci ascent and I was about to get the 18 now I'll get the 14 since I own both the units you said you own so it will work on both correct ? I own same two models ascent and herby. Do you know what is a good water bubbler for the attachment for the 14 mm and I wanted to get the u 14 mm attachment what would be a good water pipe too attached to the U 14 adapter not the Straight adapter water tool I also do want to know what's a good website for that one as well to so both really ???? F bomb all I know good reviews but a lot of money. I can use 14 mm davinci ascent on both so what should I get bubbler wise for both I'm ordering 14 mm tool for straight pipe and U thanks

nojail101,

ToadsWildRide

Got time for a quickie?
You just help me out a lot I stumbled across this I don't know how ? Lol I am glad I did though because I needed to know what millimeter attachment to guess for my da Vinci ascent and I was about to get the 18 now I'll get the 14 since I own both the units you said you own so it will work on both correct ? I own same two models ascent and herby. Do you know what is a good water bubbler for the attachment for the 14 mm and I wanted to get the u 14 mm attachment what would be a good water pipe too attached to the U 14 adapter not the Straight adapter water tool I also do want to know what's a good website for that one as well to so both really ???? F bomb all I know good reviews but a lot of money. I can use 14 mm davinci ascent on both so what should I get bubbler wise for both I'm ordering 14 mm tool for straight pipe and U thanks

The straight 14mm water tool I got for free with the ascent fit in the Herbie bowl very tight. I broke it the second day I used it. It cooled off and seized up, when I twisted and tried to pull it out it snapped at the base. I think I was lucky that it fit at all. Someone else mentioned they had the same 14mm ascent straight water tool and it wouldn't fit their Herbie bowl. If the one you get fits be very careful and remove it from the bowl before it cools.

I'm only a little over a month into vaping herbs, and don't have any water toys... yet. I'm sure the vaping veterans here can help you more with the bubblers.

Top Bottom