• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

nofrills

is the herbie working fine with a transformer on the uk power supply anybody? i like the price on massdrop.

this Warranty shall be void upon transfer of ownership of this product and is effective only when used in the United States/Canada.

That's the response today off massdrop, which is understandable from their end. I don't mind waiting for a future release anyway. I guess there are still people outside of US/Canada who would order anyway, but for me personally to have no warranty on something so new, I'd just wait it out until that's resolved.

toros23

PM sent.... and hint given.
Yes... just a hint. The people that gave me hints leading to my discovery have not spilled the beans....
... I dare not be the one that breaks so tightly guarded and ancient a secret. Such a taboo could inversely affect my balance.
Love you guys but must keep harmonic balance.:nope::uhh::rant::mental::tinfoil::freak:

I almost posted a photo of it once, but decided against it.. :rip:

Medical Mark

I'm so confused lol
But appreciate all the input for sure, anyway the Herbie works very well I just had a session I don't know how much herb I used but medium grind filled half way between the ridge and wow so impressed.
I started off using my whip and my pinnacle wt and with fan assist a few time, just used the whip and then switched to the bag and filled it with dense vapor and then tried the wt agin and then put the fan on and to my surprise vapor still came straight out the to of the chamber, it lasted very long for such a small amount of herb and I'm medicated and feel alright I'm gonna have a other session soon cause I'm very sore right now and having a hard time even sitting down so I'm going to try the bag system again very effective.
My wife said hey lets make you a space you can vape cause this thing is very stylish and medical looking and wouldn't draw attention at all, I agree its a very nice piece of art. Lol
There is one thing though., in some videos I see people using the fan assist with a wt and before they start to draw its already pushing air through it and producing bubbles but I have not had this experience.
I have 4 or 6 different water tools and couple hydra tubes ect and none of them act the way they doin the videos. Now if I draw during Fan assist I get a massive hit but there's no bubbles with the fan on and I'm not drawing at all only when I start to draw.
Just wondering why and if the fan is running hard enough ? If I fill a bag from empty it will shut off before its totally full and I need to start the fan again, is thus anyone else's experience?
Either way not a big earl cause this herbie medicates effectively.
Cheers, medical mark

PalmPrePerson

You don't have to put all of it on the concentrate pad. You can save some for later. I only need a tiny bit of wax when I'm vaping on the concentrate pad.

You can go all the way up to 445F, but you can get good vapor at lower temperatures too. I wouldn't go lower than 400F, though.

It was my understanding that the concentrate pads provided by Herbalizer are to be used for both aromatherpy and vaportherapy. I've been using them solely for vaportherapy since I got my Herbalizer. Am I mistaken?

Thank you for the info. Higher than a kite right now. Very impressed.~!

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
@Medical Mark Do you find that the bags fill ok at lower temps? I have noticed this but it also seems to happen at 420 and about. Hot air = less dense air? Not sure but this is what I have observed. My Herbie will make my HT bubble on it's own. I just got a good rip off of it not too long ago. :ko:

I have also noticed that a fresh bowl likes to stick to the upper screen. I'm thinking this is why some people use two upper screens. I usually take a half hit, pull of the bowl, blow back through the bowl (with HT removed of course), hit away. In my mind it roasts better this way and I get better vapor. Again, this is in my minds eye. Enjoy!

Vitolo

Vaporist
PM sent.... and hint given.
Yes... just a hint. The people that gave me hints leading to my discovery have not spilled the beans....
... I dare not be the one that breaks so tightly guarded and ancient a secret. Such a taboo could inversely affect my balance.
Love you guys but must keep harmonic balance.:nope::uhh::rant::mental::tinfoil::freak:
A hint for those with will to know…

A way to set Easter Egg aglow.

With eyes set to sharp and keen,

read my words see what I mean

Temperature doth matter it is nothing random.

..followed by 2 actions.. performed in tandem.

I could not make this any more clear..

Now I will beat it the hell on outta here.
Note;
If you figure this out, and blatantly describe the Easter Egg, that is uncool.

At very least... try to be slightly cryptic for the sake of "the hunt".
Love Vito

goatgobaahh

Vit,

Way to halt the flow of the thread...as my herbie sits at day 2 from the mass drop end date and 10 business days from delivery!!(time is money in this case 12 business days and $130 in savings)

PS:I dig the dope rhymes!!:tup:

:peace:

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
The only thing that I can think of is that perhaps the bowl is too full (it's not packed at all but I think the manual says only fill it halfway),

I can't comment on the unevenness of your bowl (can you provide a microscope version of any parts that may have been charred?), but I will say that I have found there is a huge difference between a full bowl and a properly filled bowl.

With a group of friends, all testing the Herbie, I have over-packed a bowl or two in contrast to my normal usage. I found a profound difference in the resultant outcome.

A loosely filled half bowl does allow for air circulation and the greatest extraction.

I know you like full bowls, but allow me to suggest dialing it back and seeing if you don't get more out of it in the long run.

I'm pretty sure they are partnered. That's the nature of the site.

I'm pretty sure that is NOT the "nature" of the site. There have been other vapes that have been posted there, that people bought, only to find that the warrantee isn't honored, most likely due to the product being grey-marketed.

Which is *not* to say MD doesn't partner in some situations, but it seems there approach is to take votes first, and ask permission later.

If there doesn't seem to be any warrantee info on the MD page, ask MD. If they say they will honor the warrantee, I think that means they just grey-source another unit. And I don't think they'll cover the Limited Edition's extended replacement policy.

But ask MD for clarification.

EDIT: Okay, so I've read the comments and I see they point to the manufacturer's warrantee, and then say "Just to be clear, all warranties are valid when you purchase from Massdrop" but don't specify it is the manufacturer covering it, or them covering it. In other devices, they say it is covered, and turns out by that they mean THEY cover it. (Still "covered", right?)

I will reach out on our side and ask if this is legit or questionable. (Could be just fine for all I know. I just know what I've seen in the past.)

@grokit - I just got my 2nd Herbie and the temp difference between the two is no less than 20 degrees. I am actually guessing it is off by about 30 degrees. The only reason I bring this up is because it sounds like there could be some major temp differences in units out there in the wild.

Each unit is individually calibrated by hand at the factory, so each unit should be spot on. Mine is. I have tested it. But the key here is "by hand" which means human, which means an OCCASIONAL error, which is the negative side of being human. The vast bulk of the units out there should be just fine.

I wouldn't worry too much, but, also…
a Tc is cheap.

My ABV isn't getting very dark either. I didn't think anything about it because I'm new to using the Herbie.

I don't go high enough for dark, but at like temps (yes, I measured), my portable always produces much darker ABV. Don't care one way or another as I know how medicated I get. Just an observation.

Also, I doubt that every unit is temperature calibrated as this is usually a difficult thing to do although at the asking price, they probably should/could/or do.

Every unit is individually calibrated by hand before it is sent out. Period.

It was my understanding that the concentrate pads provided by Herbalizer are to be used for both aromatherpy and vaportherapy. I've been using them solely for vaportherapy since I got my Herbalizer. Am I mistaken?

You are not mistaken. And, as I have said before, if you use one for each purpose, you most likely want to take pains to ensure you do NOT mix them up.
:rofl:

=========================
EDIT:
is the herbie working fine with a transformer on the uk power supply anybody? i like the price on massdrop.

Yes it will… if you get a quality one, you should be fine. But the key is good quality, and then keep in mind the warrantee doesn't cover that.

Either way not a big earl cause this herbie medicates effectively.

BTW mark: Welcome to the fold. I think you'll really enjoy the speed and accuracy of temp here. The fan assist is great, but when I find I'm not getting good bubbling, it is a coupling issue.

Last edited:

Deufrea

@nigel - In regards to the Massdrop sale, I had posted both on their discussion page and e-mailed their customer support. You've already read the discussion. I just received an e-mail on the item, and they assured me that this Herbalizer is the genuine product. However, I did not ask if the warranty is through them or herbalizer, but again they gave me the details of the warranty from the Herbalizer website. Therefore, I am assuming that the warranty is through Herbalizer.

Deufrea,
Has anyone here had any experience ordering high valued items from Massdrop to Canada?

I just ordered the herbalizer and was wondering if high valued items are always charged tax upon delivery or is it a hit-and-miss like Canada Post?

michael007,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Has anyone here had any experience ordering high valued items from Massdrop to Canada?

I just ordered the herbalizer and was wondering if high valued items are always charged tax upon delivery or is it a hit-and-miss like Canada Post?

Off topic for here, but as far as I can tell it's no longer hit or miss with Canada Post unless the declared value is $10 or less. You will be charged GST as well as any duties (although there probably aren't any for a vapourizer). You will also be charged a $9.99 brokerage fee. This is still the best option because the courier companies charge over three times as much for brokerage fees.

nojail101

best to buy from a store because they help me with any issues which none on both unitss so far. herbalizer is only 1 hour old havent used anything but the smell good option with fan cant wait to use did yours come with loose screens or are they in between the thing u put the herb into ? i only have built in screens dont see how you change it do u add a screen ? ill read instrucions had to do same with ascent but the forum helped me waqy more way way more so instructions were a waste that time

ToadsWildRide

Got time for a quickie?
Bought the herbalizer as my 2nd vap ever 1st was the davinci ascent which was ok but didn't like hoping the number 1 vap does the trick haven't tried it yet blast off with in 20 min tho

Congrats on the Herbalizer, enjoy blast off.
I'm in the same situation as you are. I've had the Ascent for about a month now, and was looking for a desktop vape. I ordered on jul 2 and should be delivered tomorrow. Ups ground west coast to east coast is a week in transit, waiting really is the hardest part.

nojail101

Congrats on the Herbalizer, enjoy blast off.
I'm in the same situation as you are. I've had the Ascent for about a month now, and was looking for a desktop vape. I ordered on jul 2 and should be delivered tomorrow. Ups ground west coast to east coast is a week in transit, waiting is really the hardest part.
Just did a balloon with like .1 and got a whole balloon and it was great plus it was the keif stuff whatever it called from the electric grinder collected from one grind lol so far works great. I only did the balloon. It runs off the light bulb and UPS is really harsh with their packages my brother works there. They throw everything around and I mean everything TVs and all. Trust me he told me. I bought locally so I know my lightbulb is good. Tested in the store and make sure it got hot. Paul paod about $180 cheaper with the free grinder like. 680$ USA lol money I paid I can't find it cheaper than $730 plus tax and shipping. That has to be like $850. How much did you pay

ToadsWildRide

Got time for a quickie?
Just did a balloon with like .1 and got a whole balloon and it was great plus it was the keif stuff whatever it called from the electric grinder collected from one grind lol so far works great. I only did the balloon. It runs off the light bulb and UPS is really harsh with their packages my brother works there. They throw everything around and I mean everything TVs and all. Trust me he told me. I bought locally so I know my lightbulb is good. Tested in the store and make sure it got hot. Paul paod about $180 cheaper with the free grinder like. 680$ USA lol money I paid I can't find it cheaper than $730 plus tax and shipping. That has to be like $850. How much did you pay
It was 729 shiped direct from Herbalizer. I don't have any local shops with this high end merchandise. I ordered 2 days before the massdrop, so missed that too. I will get it tommorow so at least no more waiting.

I've used UPS all my life and very rarely had a damaged package, like twice out of thousands. Knock on wood.

ToadsWildRide,

nojail101

It was 729 shiped direct from Herbalizer. I don't have any local shops with this high end merchandise. I ordered 2 days before the massdrop, so missed that too. I will get it tommorow so at least no more waiting.

I've used UPS all my life and very rarely had a damaged package, like twice out of thousands. Knock on wood.
I like it

Deufrea

I think we all know what assuming does. ;)

I think it would be better if we got the information directly from Herbalizer. :shrug:

Herbalizer has confirmed that they will honor the warranty from the units being sold at Massdrop.

From Carrie Heath -

"Hi Justin,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you today! We will honor the warranty of those units sold at massdrop. Thanks so much for reaching out and we hope you get to Vape Like a Boss real soon!

Carrie Heath"

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Herbalizer has confirmed that they will honor the warranty from the units being sold at Massdrop.

From Carrie Heath -

"Hi Justin,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you today! We will honor the warranty of those units sold at massdrop. Thanks so much for reaching out and we hope you get to Vape Like a Boss real soon!

Carrie Heath"

I just got an email from Carrie as well:

Hi Vicki,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you today. We will indeed honor the warranty for the units sold on massdrop. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Top Bottom