Discontinued The Herbalizer

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I would say the noise is normal and you are hearing the 60hertz duty cycle of the electricity rapidly heating the halogen element, also known as halogen cycle. :2c:. I can't say for certain though.:tup:

1_gr8_underdog,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hose finding:
I found one potential contributing factor that might add to build-up of drips of oil as well as the tackiness we are experiencing.
When we use standard whip type vaporizers, we pull the whip and wand away from the heat source when we finish our hit, and generally we inhale that long last hit out of our whips.
With Herbalizer.. I at least found that I never clear the whip.
I suck the last hit in, and walk away, or remove the whip and roll it up.... vapor and hot air still in tube!
Yesterday I tried a new hose, and after my last hit of each session, I withdrew the whip completely and I inhaled the whips length of air/vapor, rather than my standard replacement of hose.
I saw a major reduction in driplets, and my 'connector" was not as "gooey" as it had gotten in past.
Admittedly, I used Herbie a few dozen times in the day.
REASONS:
the small amount of vapor left in hose condenses. Removing the vapor stops that contributing factor.
the hot hose allows the sticky oils left in tube, to move along , seek one another, and join into larger droplets, which when hose is warm, run toward the connector, (and in if your not careful)

THE FIX:
Lift the connector out of bowl, and take a long deep inhalation of fresh air through it to remove vapor and cool the hose, prior to closing out your session.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Sticky dirty hose is probably my biggest Herbie pet peeve. Cat hair, human hair and sometimes ABV on it make me feel dirty. :evil:
Do you think maybe something like a cotton gauze sleeve could be fitted to the whip in order to eliminate that tacky problem?

Snappo,
Reactions: Vitolo

green2brown

I slid some SSV tubing over my whip so now the exterior at least stays clean and dry. The only downside is that the covered whip doesn't exactly fit in a closed Herbalizer.

green2brown,

Vapodudule

What a marvelous toy. If you want someone to teach about the vaporisation, i bet it is the device to create the less stop for user and especially newbies, because there few stop for user for herbie.

He is kind doing every little thing we found in each vape of the market. He does quite a few very well such as bags and he does also what other devices won't such as high speed temp control. The direct view to the bulb and seeing the regulation occurring is fascinating. I tried to blow on the bulb and watch at the instant W pulled (~270W).

The precision and versatility is unseen. You can vape progressively your loads, if you want to.

Few Notes :
-I found the material clogged on the upper screen of the bowl, probably changing airflow and heat impact on it. may be forcing with
-I put an EQ screen to reduce the bowl space sometimes
-I found same thing about not letting the bowl in the oven, the regulation of temperature brings some heat.
-The black silicone material around the bowl is a bit sticky.
-I did not used the hose very much yet. Well the material and the fact the hose reduces the section with the bowl did not fit my mind so i made some PV tubing adaptater with the outside of the bowl to hook to water. I prefer large diameter hose.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
May I ask you what diameter hose you've found fits over the standard bowl opening? I'd like a larger flow for a hose to hook to a WT also.

What a marvelous toy. If you want someone to teach about the vaporisation, i bet it is the device to create the less stop for user and especially newbies, because there few stop for user for herbie.

He is kind doing every little thing we found in each vape of the market. He does quite a few very well such as bags and he does also what other devices won't such as high speed temp control. The direct view to the bulb and seeing the regulation occurring is fascinating. I tried to blow on the bulb and watch at the instant W pulled (~270W).

The precision and versatility is unseen. You can vape progressively your loads, if you want to.

Few Notes :
-I found the material clogged on the upper screen of the bowl, probably changing airflow and heat impact on it. may be forcing with
-I put an EQ screen to reduce the bowl space sometimes
-I found same thing about not letting the bowl in the oven, the regulation of temperature brings some heat.
-The black silicone material around the bowl is a bit sticky.
-I did not used the hose very much yet. Well the material and the fact the hose reduces the section with the bowl did not fit my mind so i made some PV tubing adaptater with the outside of the bowl to hook to water. I prefer large diameter hose.

Mister G,

Vapodudule

May I ask you what diameter hose you've found fits over the standard bowl opening? I'd like a larger flow for a hose to hook to a WT also.

It should be the 4th size of PV for the outside of th bowl and 3rd for the whip with EQ 18.8 elbow, counting from the little one. 3/8"IDx1/2"OD it says. This is for the outside.

My best advice is to order plenty of the 3 last bigger size here.
http://www.planetvape.ca/silcon-high-temp-silicone-vaporizer-tubing.html
and you are set for a while.

why 3 because you will find the 3 size very usefull. the first to make long whips, because the second one is not rigid enough but permits to hook everyone. The last is for 18mm-18mm connection.

You can make some legos by putting them into others, very flexible making all the mods and adaptators you need in a sec with mind and scissor.

Last edited:
Vapodudule,
Reactions: Mister G

trypto

I'll be shipping my Herbalizer back for repairs. Sheila and the others have been very responsive and helpful. I'm also grateful for this forum! Thanks to everyone who responded.

Mister G, if your Herbalizer sounds like my recording, I suppose you might want to contact support about. I won't know exactly what's wrong with mine until I get it back.

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I am not sure if this was posted, but I had my unit idling for a bit(not sure, maybe 15m?) and a screensaver appeared. It is the basic one where blotches of colour stack over and over on top of each other.

Skeena,
Reactions: Engineer

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I'll be shipping my Herbalizer back for repairs. Sheila and the others have been very responsive and helpful. I'm also grateful for this forum! Thanks to everyone who responded.

Mister G, if your Herbalizer sounds like my recording, I suppose you might want to contact support about. I won't know exactly what's wrong with mine until I get it back.

Thanks, I'll try to contact them soon. My unit seems functional, but I was wondering if I am getting full performance on the lower end temps and if I should be doing even better at the high end.

Did Josh/Sheila explain what the error or malfunction is related to and how it may affect performance?

Mister G,

Vitolo

Vaporist
vitolo says if you iso it a bunch that characteristic lessens.
True...
There are a couple of "fixes"
Pour 91% Iso on a rag... grip tube and firmly grab tube and wipe it down, followed by a dry rag wipe.
Yes with silicone this tackiness comes back... but not in that sitting!
repeated, it lessens.
If cat hair and abv dust bothers you.. (it disgusts me!... I hate silicone for that reason)
I dusted off new tubes prior to use wit baby powder.. then wiped them down with dry cloth.
this stopped hairs and particles from adhering.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
You can one hit a full bowl if you follow these steps.

Start with a cold device... leave the lid closed and load your bowl.

Open the lid and place the bowl on the magnet. I try and do it as I am opening the lid before the device screen turns on. As the device first turns on it heats up to 250F.

Once I hear the initial pre-heat finish and the fan stop, I press the vaportherapy function. I let the device heat up to 445F.

I like to use a water pipe... Finding myself using the Mobius 65T allot recently. I have it connected with a GonG adapter and a whip. You can rig up what ever method you want.

At this point you can do two things. Turn the fan on and wait for vapor to come out before you connect the GonG/whip to your water pipe, or you can just connect the GonG/whip to the water pipe and turn the fan on. The latter requires a slightly longer primer hit.

Start your primer hit. Let the water pipe fill with vapor. I leave the fan running and exhale deeply real quick to empty my lungs.

Then I do my "real hit" I breath in medium/fast depending on my mood and just hit the device till I see it go from opaque to slightly translucent vapor density.

Then I tun the fan off, remove the GonG adapter, clear the water pipe, hold the hit, and exhale.

Sometimes depending on the strain I can get 1 more hit out of it, but it is usually more translucent and not as opaque as the first.

Doing this process gives the cannabis the maximum amount of time to reach temperature before you start you hit. This seems to deliver the the punchiest/thickest vapor during your first main hit and gives you that chest punch/one hit feeling you might be looking for.

trypto

That's an excellent tutorial. They should include it in their product literature. I'll give it a go when I get it back. How many hits does it take to empty a full balloon?

Mister G - no, they didn't try to diagnose based on my recording, which seems reasonable to me. Mine is functional as well, but the unexplained noise also makes me wonder about optimal performance. I don't want to seem unappreciative by hoping for even more out of this device.

trypto,

lazylathe

Almost there...
It's interesting to see all the different techniques being used with Herbie!
We all started with the whip and many of us outgrew it quickly.
I cannot remember the last time i used the supplied mouthpiece!
The whip ends in a GonG and this attaches Herbie to numerous WT's for pure enjoyment!

Ah man i'm just rambling again... ignore me.
Those damn Indicas that @biohacker introduced me too!!!

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
No @trypto, I don't think it is unreasonable at all. If your unit is not functioning correctly, or is not completly up to par. I think that Josh and the rest of the team would want to know what the issue is so they could how to prevent it in post release units. Even more than the rest of us. I truely believe that he wishes the very best user experiance possible for all his customers. I am very happy to hear they are taking a look at it for you. Please keep us posted on what has been found. I am interested in hearing what it is. Thank you :tup:

JoshyBalls

Just Vape It!
I dream of Herbie! What are you going to get for that special someone for this special 420 Easter celebration? An Herbalizer egg? Two tickets to Colorado? Uruguay? Happy Easter this 4/20! VWED
Fzeqdq4.jpg

9hQWbAD.jpg

Top Bottom