The HD Vape

MichMartin

No george, he means the diffuser, not the male joint that connects to the bong.

I don't know how big it is. I send the guy a message a while back with that very question and he has still not replied.
I have the 14mm one and it is bigger.

I just measured and it is like 18mm diameter and 24mm of ground glass. I think that is the standard size.

MichMartin,

Bananiq

Thanks Mich,
You mean 24mm is the ground glass heigh? if the diameter is 18mm it SHOULD fit to my Glass Vaporgenie bowl then. The seller is appearantly still on vacation

Bananiq,
Bananiq said:
Thanks Mich,
You mean 24mm is the ground glass heigh? if the diameter is 18mm it SHOULD fit to my Glass Vaporgenie bowl then. The seller is appearantly still on vacation

Going to try dropping that HD vape diffuser into the glass Vapor genie huh? Very interesting. I can't help but think I really do taste the filter somewhat on my VG classic, that it interferes with the taste of whatever I have loaded (hops usually). Tell us if the HD vape, with no filter and all glass, does any better.

charliedontsurf,

shortnsmokey

Got an Idea. If you got a carbon filter wouldn't that work if you just bought the 25$ heat diffuser

shortnsmokey,

Ztob

Hi, Im new to the site; been hanging out getting great info here for a few weeks.
Had to come on to say there is a HD Vape on it's way to me tomorrow! Soo excited.
I own a glass VG and now will have something to compare with. Anyone know who HD Vape is? , there seems to be little info on the net, hope I didnt buy a bad pipe.:uhoh:

Modnote: Merged.

Ztob,

hereatlast

Sounds great, best of luck with the new purchase.

This thread might be better in the dedicated HD Vape thread so people can hear how you feel about it.

hereatlast,

george

hereatlast said:
This thread might be better in the dedicated HD Vape thread so people can hear how you feel about it.

Isn't this the only HD Vape thread?

Ztob, lookin forward to a review, you bought the pipe right? not the bong adapter. Either way, can you include how long it takes to get vapor, from the time you start inhaling.

george,

Bananiq

charliedontsurf said:
Bananiq said:
Thanks Mich,

Going to try dropping that HD vape diffuser into the glass Vapor genie huh? Very interesting. I can't help but think I really do taste the filter somewhat on my VG classic, that it interferes with the taste of whatever I have loaded (hops usually). Tell us if the HD vape, with no filter and all glass, does any better.

Yes, I was like, why not to try? its still cheaper than new VG filter :) but I didnt buy it yet because the owner doesn't answer email but boy I want it now :ninja:: I will then for sure post the HDvape review and comparison with the GVG

Bananiq,
Bananiq said:
charliedontsurf said:
Bananiq said:
Thanks Mich,

Yes, I was like, why not to try? its still cheaper than new VG filter :) but I didnt buy it yet because the owner doesn't answer email but boy I want it now :ninja:: I will then for sure post the HDvape review and comparison with the GVG

I don't know why VG doesn't make a glass-on-glass VG bowl with the standard Glass VG topper. That should of been out years before the handheld pipe glass VG and would probably make way more money. The VG ceramic filter, I believe, is better than the vaporstar or vapobowl steel cap method.

As for the VG filter costing more than the HD vape, I think the VG people will sell you a glass topper for like 25 or 30 bucks or so free US shipping. You just have to ask them in an email and tell them that you bought it from them or some random headshop, they don't want to sell tops to people who haven't bought VGs.

charliedontsurf,

Bananiq

charliedontsurf said:
I don't know why VG doesn't make a glass-on-glass VG bowl with the standard Glass VG topper. That should of been out years before the handheld pipe glass VG and would probably make way more money. The VG ceramic filter, I believe, is better than the vaporstar or vapobowl steel cap method.

As for the VG filter costing more than the HD vape, I think the VG people will sell you a glass topper for like 25 or 30 bucks or so free US shipping. You just have to ask them in an email and tell them that you bought it from them or some random headshop, they don't want to sell tops to people who haven't bought VGs.

I bought 3 Glass VGs, made wholesale inquiry and my friend bought VG Bat on my recommendation... and they refused to send me new GVG Top ... I say well .. OK , whatever... will try something else

Bananiq,
Bananiq said:
charliedontsurf said:

I bought 3 Glass VGs, made wholesale inquiry and my friend bought VG Bat on my recommendation... and they refused to send me new GVG Top ... I say well .. OK , whatever... will try something else

Well that's bulls*** if true. Email them again, say you're a forum member, generally just bitch. You're asking for something completely reasonable and it's not like it's a free replacement.

charliedontsurf,

Ztob

I have this vape and every time I look at it I want to trow it at something. For some reason the air has a flavor of something between metalic and fishy. I tried boiling it and still has that taste even if not trying to vape just a draw on it and its there. Trying to get it to make vapor is so much effort I dont bother.
My experience with Etsy was poor too. I want to send it back, only had it two days, but not sure what you do with a used pipe. As far as the "artist", I thought it was broken because where the stem meets boul it looks cracked but maybe they melt two together. Mine was not what was shown in the picture for the pocket vape. For some reason mine has the bong bowl and diffuser.

Ztob,

Bananiq

Thats interesting, when did you buy it? You've got the pipe + bong attachement + diffusor?

Bananiq,

Bananiq

HDvape finally came... I must say ,,, IT FITS GLASS VG perfectly !
was able to manage some very good hits ... firt impressions:
heating time is longer than with VG filter.. must use bigger flame.. . however I found that its nearly impossible to combust with HDvape... I didnt try torch lighter yet But expected to get better results... so far I am satisfied :)

Bananiq,

Bananiq

I must say this vape is growing on me... the taste is same or above the one coming from VG ceramic filter even with bic lighter, however shows bigger traces of butane - not if you can keep the flame not touching the glass .... torch lighter would absolutely remove this issue, shorten the pre-heatings and also give better flavor ...
I must stop at local tobacco for some quality torch with very big flame preferably ... the last one I had was good but lost it :(
stay tuned I'll post a review of HDvape put on GVG pipe after I get some more experience ... and thats what am I am up to right now :p

Bananiq,

Bananiq

oh bad news... HD vape's broken :(( not when the seller isn't selling them! does somebody has 1 fs? oh jeez.. I am sad now, it was really cool vape attachement.

Bananiq,

Bananiq

Finally I've resolved to make a HD vape review after an half year of use. Well folks, I like this thing! In fact, I love it. Yes, it's not butaneless, but using torch the only byproduct is H2O. It's all glass and a certain aspect of this vape makes it so special for me. Let me examine it through some sections. Be please aware that this review relates to use of HDvape purely with torch lighter.

il570xn182468835.jpg

1. Portability

7 / 10

The HD heat diffusor is solid, small and portable; but it needs 18 mm GonG bowl so you need to carry another glass piece around. I've chosen my old vaporgenie glass pipe. I definitely recommend to carry it in some pouch or a case.

2. Efficiency

9.9 / 10

Using this thing to vape your brown-/goldish ABV is more than recommended! HD vape knows how to vape your flowers from the vape-starting temperatures the all the way to those that make most darkish brown leftovers. It vaporizes herb to almost black powder, with no combustion! Whole bowl is evenly vaporized from top to the bottom. It doesn't leave empty green sections in the bowl like VapoStar and it does not overheat the top of the load too much leaving bottom still green like VaporGenie. If you hit hard, it vaporizes whole bowl evenly and in good throttle! BUT, You have to really change the technique you got used to from other flame-powered units. More about this later.

3. Ease of use & manipulating

5 / 10

Don't touch it! It's HOT! You have to really warn your covapers not to touch the glass heater with bare hands. For manipulating with HDvape and checking the load I use a small piece of leather that I have from my old jeans to grab the HDvape. You can also use your pullover or gloves.

4. Stealth

No stealth. HD vape nicely shines if you use bic lighter (which I don't recommend :D) but its also nice to watch the torch flame penetrating the diffusor.

5. Pre-heating & after-heating

9.7 / 10

Ok. This vape has unique heating. Even though it took a LOT of time until I finally figured out how to properly use it, it brought big benefit. Forget your old ways of flame-powered vaping. Now the opposite tactic works: Faster inhalation means fast heating and slower inhalation equals slow heating. I quite don't understand why is that so. But it is. It has something to do with the weird and not-so-sophisticated design of the diffuser. The bigger flame works best but don't let the flame to touch the glass at close. By this method you can achieve full-spectrum flavanoids starting from lower temp clouds till high-temp hits with imo minimal CBN or CBD leftovers. All that in one hit. So as I said. Start dragging with more power and expect sudden overwhelming flux of vapors :) I've vaped like this with friends many times and we ended up coughing our lungs off in a room full of vapefog.
And the most amazing thing is, that I have NEVER accomplished combustion with HDvape. Even when I really tried to overcook it, I just didn't succeed. Whatever I tried it just left an intensively vaporized ABV. :cool:
Additionally,
I highly recommend this Jim Beam lighter
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/jim-beam-pattern-steel-jet-torch-butane-lighter-21740

I've tried several lighters from DealEx. but all were terrible for vaping since their the plastic parts have melted. This one is full in metal AND it looks cool. The only drawback is small gas tank. So prepare gas refill bottles.

6. Taste

9.7 / 10

All Glass vapor path secures top-notch taste using the torch-lighter of course. However, I can imagine better vapor path without inhaling the flame (looking forward to VxRain) and without stainless steel screen (titanium or glass maybe?). But still this vape has the best taste I've experienced so far.

7. Durability

7 / 10

It fell on the floor sometimes without any cracking. Except the last time. I am somehow lucky in destroying my glassware.

8. Maintenance

It can be cleaned but it is hard in those unachievable areas inside the diffuser.

Verdict

Portability 7.0
Efficiency 9.9
Convenient usage & reloading 5.0
Pre-heating & additional-heating 9.7
Taste & vapor path 9.7
Durability 7.0

*all ratings are related to torch lighter use

This vape has left significant impressions in me. Shame it is not for sale anymore. Seibo hurry up, we can't wait the VxRain.

Where to buy?

Nowhere. Blower does not have them for sale looong time, making your time reading this review wasted. *trollface* problem?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/HDvape?ref=seller_info

Some pictures (click for enlarge)

I hope this was helpful, good luck :)

Bananiq,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Very helpful Bananiq, thanks.

Does anyone know if these are still available somewhere? I'd really like to try one.

Are these made by the same glassblower that has a thread on here and made the first glass PD stems (among other things) that went MIA sometime ago? Can't remember his name right now but it sounded something like darkstrom...I think... :rolleyes:

edit: Cleardome!

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom