The HD Vape

aero18

vaporist
Dayum! That functions like a VaporStar, but is completely glass! I wish the creator would make a bowl to fit into any 14 or 18 mm bong... that would definitely decrease costs and make it more appealing to me.

EDIT: Totally cool that he is from Seattle as well...

aero18,

ClemsonVapor489

I don't really see what is "steep" about the price. This is a very cool looking piece, and that by itself will sell some people. Add to that the fact that it simulates the act of smoking a bowl (right down to flicking the lighter) that some long term stoners have become so attached to...this could be very appealing as a beginner vape as well.

Hope somebody has it or gets it. It's cheaper than all the other vapes on my "to collect" list.

ClemsonVapor489,

Beezleb

I agree ClemsonVapor489. If it does perform as one would expect it should sell but it would be better if the price point was more in line with the competition. $160.00 for the lighter based vape is a bit much since you can get a quality desktop electric vape in that range.

However, I can see how to some that would not be so much an issue as it does look pretty cool. As long as it performs well. I personally would be worried about breaking the glass diffuser though.

Beezleb,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
but a good majority of that 160 is for the glass piece, if you look on his page the vaporizing part is only $25. however I don't think this particular vape attachment will work with any glass piece but the one it is sold with. so that means 135 for the piece... bit pricey... but not that pricey.. hell the glass vaporgenie is 100...
I've seen bubblers that are more simple looking than that go for twice that price. (granted this piece is not a bubbler)
I think its an interesting idea and cool looking piece.

DevoTheStrange,

ClemsonVapor489

You're right Beezleb, it is a bit much since you can get a desktop for around that (or much lower, if you sacrifice a little efficiency/a few extras like "accurate temperature monitoring").

I was comparing it to the Iolite...EDIT: I see now that people were (rightfully) comparing this to the VG, and when that's done...yeah, the price tag is a bit steep. I passed over the VG when looking for portables because I found the LB first, and after that lighters just weren't appealing. I had forgotten it was a lighter/pipe vape too.

*Stumbles away through the noobfog* :)

ClemsonVapor489,

lepstadder

I would love to get something like this for camping!

Someone should buy one and let us know how well it performs.

lepstadder,

aero18

vaporist
After recommending the bowl idea (similar to the VaporStar in function) to the guy, he emailed me back saying:

Sent by HDvape on January 05, 2010:

"Heh, you hit the nail on the head :). This is currently in the works. Should be up within 2 days.

I will also have some much simpler versions of the pipe so that the price can be more reasonable.

I think once people start using them they should be pretty popular. Changed my whole way of doing things, that's for sure!

Thank you!"

aero18,

ClemsonVapor489

I want a VHW too...bad. But I want to do it right (stand, joints, prolly the standard bong I don't care about aesthetics) so it'll have to wait a bit.

ClemsonVapor489,

aero18

vaporist
brandonflav said:
The only thing I don't like about lighter style vapes, is the presence of butane.
Do you think a hakko could be used, instead of gas based flame, by sucking the ambient heat into the hole; like how the flame is sucked?
Torches burn clean.

aero18,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah, it is unclear if the adapter is separate. If it were separate that would be 90 bux total (65 for the adapter, and 25 for the heat diffuser. then you gotta throw in shipping... only a few bux less than the Glass VaporGenie. Personally I would rather get the glass VG. There is a filter between the flame and the bowl. On this thing looks like it is just a straight shot through the diffuser.
Now if the diffuser is included in the $65 prices, I would be more tempted too buy

DevoTheStrange,

aero18

vaporist
il_430xN.114233949.jpg

65 dollars for 14mm or 18mm upon request.

aero18,
Reactions: Bananiq

stinkmeaner

Interesting idea but it seems like the price is inflated because of the word "vaporizer". Similar glass pieces without the heat deflector cost under $50, for $159 you can get some real art. I can see the Glass Vapor Genie costing a little more because it is a established company with a reputation a little more overhead maybe but this guy is taxing us poor vaporist. You could probably have a local glass blower copy the design for $30-40.

stinkmeaner,

Beezleb

I like the prices on them now and if in the market for a lighter based vaporizer pipe or attachment to a bong I would consider it.

Some good reviews would be great but speaking on the price point for them they they are comparable to the competition where in my original post in this thread speaks of an initial higher price and slightly different product. Sadly, I can find nothing on its performance.

Beezleb,

MichMartin

I got this and I am really satisfied.
I like it so much I ordered the gong version as well.

MichMartin,

caseball2051

Hello everyone.

This is my first time making a thread like this. There is another thread available but I figured that since I will be purchasing this unit, I should make a thread 100% dedicated to it because the thread isnt very sufficient. (http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1947) <- original thread.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55593059/hdvape-waterpipe-adapter

This is the HDvape.

I have emailed the maker on ETSY and linked him to the forum and I hope that he joins up to answer any questions, because I emailed him a few myself. If I get the answers I am looking for I am going to pull the trigger later today!

here is a video of the unit in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jolu4zugJuY

caseball2051,
Top Bottom