Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

Unisonruss

It's normal. The blue light is just the color of the flame the torch makes when it is on, that just tells you that you've successfully ignited it and you can don't have to click again. You'll also hear a fairly audible hiss, when the hiss lessens you'll notice it could be time for a butane refill, while it will still run alright you'll notice a difference in performance quickly when its low on butane.

EDIT: You do have to hold it down yourself, since I have a flame lock some videos could appear a bit misleading as its not a Hammer standard. It you wan't to build one they aren't to difficult you could use a paperclip and make hoop that keeps the trigger pressed.

Here is an example of mine,
Made one very similar, works great!

I find myself wanting to use concentrates a lot more with my hammer lately, this thing makes it way too easy to enjoy! I need to figure out a way to switch back to flowers fast LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Picked up the Pro in the Indiegogo campaign, got it by the hoilidays as they promised great job guys. I just took a while to use and get a good opinion before posting.

I originally got the Hammer Pro in hopes of a nice portable concentrate vape that, like I love is easily rechargeable via butane. However I gotta say, it really is not as nice of a "portable nail" as I had hoped.

The main cause of this gripe is it's nigh impossible to actually see down inside of the heat exchanger and feel like I have applied at the right point /angle. The dab tool always comes out smothered in concentrate because It likes to run up from the heat onto the cool dabber.

I have a pretty nice selection of glass and adapters and drop downs ETC yet nothing I have properly places it where i can see all the way down in the exchanger. The only thing I have that comes close is my big home recycler, but it's 18mm male so the adapter then offsets it to be un-useable. Also its my some of my bigest glass so, that's not exactly portable.

Even the directions of the device itself clearly illustrate the issue I have (you can't see along the red line)
HOW.jpg

However in the end it's still a solid device, it does herb very well with some practice and does taste very good and true to the strain within it. I have had 2 charred tops so far, both when I was not paying much attention to the device.
It will also do mixed bowls of hash/bud/oil all quite well, including bowls of straight hash with a little oil on top and for this reason it will be in my regular use lineup.

I would also like to point out that some of my combustion freinds struggle to hit the wispr and get good vapor, they also struggle to hit the hammer itself. However plug the hammer into a bong with an adapter and Boom they get a massive rip first try, no explanation needed.
readImage

Milking of the bong forces them to slow their draw like needed for many little vapes to work really well and get the big draws. Once again this is another solid reason for me to keep it around.

The following is the ultimate hammer accessory and I would go so far to say that the manufacturer should include one with purchase and make space in the carrying case to accommodate it.
100_6828.jpg

Seriously, a sense of time is critical to operating this vape properly.

The other big thing I wanted and am hoping the hammer can do is: operate at high altitude, whispr struggles over ~2,500ft to light properly and can not light by ~4,000ft.
The indigogo campaign for hammer pro claimed it was capable of doing 5,500ft minimum. I am really praying it will work out for me on a snowboarding trip to 8,000-11,000 at the end of this month, but I will be bringing backup measures encase.Anyone out there able to test that for me?

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I bought a better brand of tane for my clogged Hammer and it works now, it took some time to unclogged but it's working like the first day and I forgotten how my routine was potent(1st-flowers, 2nd-conduction dab with flowers in stem, 3rd -this oily flowers stem!);

Honnestly, even the cloud or MV don't medicate me so hard, my 3 bowls routine let me on the floor under 5mn and I don't think I'm a lightweight.....although I don't use it a lot cause the convenience and not really user friendly imo, but it hits trully hard and potent.

Scott A

Anyone ever have a problem where you just cant get butane to go in to the hammer at all?

Scott A,

AirBear

I have had my hammer for about a month now and have really just been using it as a portable enail. I know that's not what it was specifically made for, for about a week the airflow and quality was great but after I tried to take one big glob of shatter it clogged up on my pretty good and it took me awhile to clear it. Since then it's been really on and off and currently it's terribly clogged and I havnt been able to clear it for days. I've heated it up and tried to have it just run out, filled it up like 3 times trying to do that and I don't see it working at all. Can I take it apart safely to clean it out and by the way I only have put high quality vacuum purged shatter so I know it's not the concentrates

uhmod

Hammer won't ignite anymore, can someone please advise me? At first I could hear the gas flow, but the torch wouldn't light. Now there isn't any sound of a gas flow whatsoever.

Edit: forgot to mention, it's filled with butane and what not. Was working fine last night.

Edit 2: Welp I took it apart and found the igniter to be faulty.

Last edited:

OF

P
The other big thing I wanted and am hoping the hammer can do is: operate at high altitude, whispr struggles over ~2,500ft to light properly and can not light by ~4,000ft.
The indigogo campaign for hammer pro claimed it was capable of doing 5,500ft minimum. I am really praying it will work out for me on a snowboarding trip to 8,000-11,000 at the end of this month, but I will be bringing backup measures encase.Anyone out there able to test that for me?

Yep, it'll work just fine up there. A while ago the factory guys took it up in a skydiver airplane to test this very point. It passed with flying colors at 10,000 feet (as physics says it should). The photos are gone, but the text is still there:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hammer-vaporizer.7002/page-5#post-293437

Currently at 8,300ft elevation, hammer will not fire.

Bummer.

Something else (other than altitude) is in play. My first guess would be temperature? It can cause a critical loss of pressure at any altitude.

Good luck with it, but Hammer will run in such 'thin air'.

Hammer won't ignite anymore, can someone please advise me? At first I could hear the gas flow, but the torch wouldn't light. Now there isn't any sound of a gas flow whatsoever.

Bummer. First order is to get gas flowing, if there's no gas to light it doesn't matter if the igniter is there or not. If the igniter still clicks and makes a spark it's fine. But you need gas to ight.

It could be contamination in the fuel, common with Iolite, there the fix is generally to dump the fuel (press in the fill valve with a ball point pen tip or similar......outside) and refill with fresh, high quality fuel.

OF

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Yep, it'll work just fine up there. A while ago the factory guys took it up in a skydiver airplane to test this very point. It passed with flying colors at 10,000 feet (as physics says it should). The photos are gone, but the text is still there:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hammer-vaporizer.7002/page-5#post-293437

Something else (other than altitude) is in play. My first guess would be temperature? It can cause a critical loss of pressure at any altitude.

Good luck with it, but Hammer will run in such 'thin air'.

Actually It was tested indoor in a room with the heat on and a fire going to dry wet gear.
I assumed there was a pressure issue, so I stepped outside vented the "old" butane which was filled at sea level then refilled and returned back inside to let it warm to room temp.

After dinner it still would not ignite for me, no matter the flame setting so I gave up and never bothered even taking it on the hill out in the cold.

Couldn't think of anything else to try and trouble shoot so.:shrug:

Just unpacked and tested it to find it fired perfectly first try at home near sea level.

Edit: I think you are right there is something else in play here, physics says it should and I get other butane click lighters to fire somehow also even at that elevation on the mountain in the cold.

But I'm not sure and I wasn't really in the mood to dis-assemble the hammer and tinker with the ignition system and whatnot during vacation.

Last edited:

Mrmrmrmr

I misjudged the hammer pro big time....
This past week I pretty much exclusively used it to vape with. And the big plus,I finally got a can of vector!!! What an improvement that made. The butane doesn't smell near as bad,I dont have to turn the heat up so high, and the heat up time itself is shorter.
All I can say is this really is a portable log IMO. The amount it takes to produce these almost dab like clouds is on log level so to speak.
Instead of packing up another vape and putting all it's accessories in my bag I simply throw the hammer,butane,and wpa in the bag and GO!

Went hiking the other day and brought the MV and hammer. Started with the MV but soon my hand started reaching for the hammer and that was it for the minivap that day .

I do have one question, I notice when I shake the hammer it feels like there are several pieces inside that are loose. Is this a cause for concern ?im going to open up the hammer today and see if I can fix that. Oh and I think there might be a sealing issue with the dry mouthpiece. With the wpa I get the same experience everytime but it's just not as consistent with the dry mp.

Starting to see some delicious honey on the wpa :)
This vape will be in the starting lineup for quite some time....

uhmod

Hey guys, quick question. There is a very clear glas flow now, I was able to mend that and it works fine. But it still doesn't light whatsoever. I've taken it apart and fiddled with the igniter but no luck, no sparks or anything. Is the general conensus that I just replace the igniter at this point? I've had it less than a week, which is a total bummer. I loved using it while I had it though :\

uhmod,

AirBear

I have no clue what to do with my hammer anymore... It is still completely jammed and I still can't see through it all all. It still heats up really fast but nothing runs out. Sometimes when I try to put stuff in ther it glows red on the inside and the concentrate is like burning but still nothing is coming through. I've only used high quality shatter and it still stopped working on me. I've contacted support a few different times and have been completely ignore every time... So far Ive been extremely frustrated with this product and the customer support is a joke

AirBear,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Odd. So it definitely isn't clogged? You can see all the way through your Hammer and out the other hole?

How long are your heat ups and just because its red doesn't mean its hot enough for high temps dabs. Are you using a water pipe? Hows airflow.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I have no clue what to do with my hammer anymore... It is still completely jammed and I still can't see through it all all. It still heats up really fast but nothing runs out. Sometimes when I try to put stuff in ther it glows red on the inside and the concentrate is like burning but still nothing is coming through. I've only used high quality shatter and it still stopped working on me. I've contacted support a few different times and have been completely ignore every time... So far Ive been extremely frustrated with this product and the customer support is a joke
You clogged the air path? If it's high quality concentrate, it wouldn't be leaving residue, right? Try cleaning it out with a toothpick or maybe a steel poker? I don't think its the units fault..

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
High quality shatter or concentrates are going to clog your Hammer when you load too much at once, If you want a big dab have it string down the Hammer and continue heating it otherwise while you inhale you'll be cooling the surface on which the dab is taken and most of it isn't going to get dabbed well.

Just because it glows red also doesn't mean its going to be a high temp dab. Back to back low temp dabs without any residue hits are a quick way to clog your Hammer.

I normally take a couple extra hits after the initial dab to burn off the residue if I wasn't take a high temp dab.

Mrmrmrmr

I've contacted support a few different times and have been completely ignore every time... So far Ive been extremely frustrated with this product and the customer support is a joke
i understand your frustrated...bashing the product and customer support may not be the route to go. Try a different method of contact ? Where there is a will there is a way. Don't give up yet. Here's to hoping you will soon enjoy the hammer as much as I am :cheers:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I will agree Hammer's absence is an inconvenience, Head Tools and Hammer have been gone for over two months.

If anyone wants a tip on connecting their UD glass/thin silicone stems or even nylon I recommend using MFLB tubing. Its thin enough that it accepts it, I normally have the silicone cut so it protrudes a bit so I can easily slip the glass stem on and it doesn't accidentally push one side. For nylon I normally attach the silicone on the nylon stem and mate the Hammer to the stem. Silicone on silicone isn't as picky a thin silicone stem should just wrap over it.

I really enjoy using the basket screen with the Hammer, I can vaporize pretty big loads and with the screen further down I can make it easier to force group sessions. Its crazy how much vapor just a basket screen produces. Sessions are now lasting as long as the Solo.

Milwo

butane is the new black
i understand your frustrated...bashing the product and customer support may not be the route to go. Try a different method of contact ? Where there is a will there is a way. Don't give up yet. Here's to hoping you will soon enjoy the hammer as much as I am :cheers:

I would agree. I had a technical complaint with them that dragged on for a while, but David just sorted it out and I am very happy with the result. He told they have been busy bees recently with the Hammer PRO going live and all.

Just a happy customer :)

Scott A

Does anyone know where I might be able to get one of the little butane fill valves that the hammer uses? Mine is either clogged or broken but either way it doesn't let butane through it.

Scott A,
Top Bottom