Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

I am interested also. Hammer, I really appreciate how you really listen and try to accommodate user requests. It's just more evidence to support my growing opinion: The Hammer is the most underrated portable vape on the market. I would not have said that before the hands-free option, but I say that with full confidence now.

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer

Awesome video review, thanks @TheHerbalReview! Def the most comprehensive review video anyone has done of the Hammer. Really glad you demonstrated the "suck-up" technique for filling the stem (3:42) too :tup:.

Where did you find this glass hammer piece?

The custom Hammer-shaped piece in HR's video was one of two demo pieces David made for Champ's tradeshow last summer. The other one will be staying in David's collection :(, but he said he'd try to make a few more of the "ball-peen" hammer pieces at some point.

539032_558071404222999_1301698362_n.jpg

Hammer, I really appreciate how you really listen and try to accommodate user requests. It's just more evidence to support my growing opinion: The Hammer is the most underrated portable vape on the market. I would not have said that before the hands-free option, but I say that with full confidence now.

Thanks Dude! The fact that David is a highly skilled glass blower by trade puts us in a unique position to accommodate many of your requests relatively quickly. And the lock-on kit (LOK) & stems really do make a big difference in the experience of using the Hammer, especially when using the GonG stem.

Just curious... do any of you that have the LOK still prefer to use the original/deep (non lock-on) stems or would you revert to using them only if you had too?

Also, wanted to let you all know some other good news. It seems the only real gripe about the Hammer has been difficulty installing new screens. David has now solved that problem with a slightly smaller, stiffer stainless-steel screen. I will post a comparison picture soon, but I was able to get the screen in a clean stem in one attempt. With the old screens, it usually took me several tries (granted I am not extremely coordinated ;)) to get it in just right. We will be adding a Warranty Registration page to the website soon, and anyone that registers their Hammer online (both new and existing Hammer owners) will get a pack of the new screens sent to them for free (USA only). I'll let you all know when the page is ready.

Finally, I should have some of the screenless stems and the new GonG stems David mentioned up on the website in the next week.

As always, thanks FC for all of your feedback and support, we truly do appreciate it! Enjoy your weekend and Hammer on :rockon:

Aaron

Vapodudule

i didn't try the original stock stems but since there is an unstable (unexistant?) link with the device. I won't use them as hammer stem.

the possible fixation betwen device and stem is such an improvement.

main use= custom stem (love love).with lots efforts i manage to put a second screen in the reg LOK and vaped very well. the pipe lock stem will be used soon...

overseas fellow doesn't count for free new screens!! :( They will prolly place an order though.:ninja:

Good device, good business.

Vapodudule,

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
The custom Hammer-shaped piece in HR's video was one of two demo pieces David made for Champ's tradeshow last summer. The other one will be staying in David's collection :(, but he said he'd try to make a few more of the "ball-peen" hammer pieces at some point.

539032_558071404222999_1301698362_n.jpg

Thanks Dude! The fact that David is a highly skilled glass blower by trade puts us in a unique position to accommodate many of your requests relatively quickly. And the lock-on kit (LOK) & stems really do make a big difference in the experience of using the Hammer, especially when using the GonG stem.
Aaron

This makes me feel all special! I got one of the originals! Damn guys, you shouldn't have :) In all seriousness tho, that hammer is Kick-Ass and a real treat to use.

TheHerbalReview,

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Hey guys, sorry for the delay... Screenless Stems are finally here (Designs #029-#037) :clap:. We also added a couple more regular Custom Stems (Designs #27 & #28), including a kick ass glow-in-the-dark one. Plus, there's now a SCREENLESS 14mm Male GonG Stem and both 10mm & 14mm Curved Female GonG Stems, so we should have just about any piece in your arsenal covered to be compatible with the Hammer.

Once again, the Customs Stems are one-of-a-kind. If you see something you like, don't wait too long or it might be gone (each will be marked as "Sold Out" once someone buys it). We should also have some 19mm GonG Stems available soon for those of you that were interested.

As always, let us know if you have any feedback or questions. Here are a few pics...

Design #036 - Orange/Blue WigWag
hammer-vaporizer-custom-stem-036_1024x1024.jpg

Design #037 - Slyme (obv)
hammer-vaporizer-custom-stem-037_1024x1024.jpg

Glow-in-the-Dark Stem
hammer-vaporizer-custom-stem-027_1024x1024.jpg

hammer-vaporizer-custom-stem-027-GLOW_1024x1024.jpg

Screenless 14mm Male GonG Stem
hammer-vaporizer-screenless-gong-stem-500x501_1024x1024.jpg

14mm Curved Female Gong Stem
hammer-vaporizer-14mm-female-gong-stem-500x500_1024x1024.jpg

A view of a Screenless Stem from the top
20130515_220013_1024x1024.jpg

We have a few more really cool things coming soon, so stay tuned.

- Aaron

Wow. I love the Hammer - it's the surprise favourite of the two vapes I recently acquired.

The Hammer is much smaller and lighter than I expected, yet it feels sturdy and appropriately rugged.

I've never been much a fan of butane based vapes, having owned and not really loved the Iolite. I know some other lighter based vapes have a poor reputation for combustion. That said, the Hammer has opened my eyes to how good a butane vape can be when done properly.

The temperature control works very well, right in the middle is the ideal starting point for me. Reports that the Hammer puts out great tasting vapor were right on the mark. Easily among the tastiest hits I've had from any vaporizer.

That any type or grade of butane can be used in the Hammer impresses me to no end. I've never found anything but Ronson butane while camping in my neck of the woods. I'm using Colibri now because it's what I have, but I'm looking forward to experimenting with some really cheap butane.

The stems are nice and they are easy to clean, but they are also easy to break. As much as I love glass and the flavour, I think they make the Hammer weaker with their inclusion. Thankfully I was given four to start (now three). I still need to get the LOK, but at $10, that's an easy sell.I am curious, is there any alternative to using glass stems? I'll be using the hammer most out of doors, I'd love something a little less fragile than glass.

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
vaporonly,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
The Hammer has opened my eyes to how good a butane vape can be when done properly.

Easily among the tastiest hits I've had from any vaporizer.

This is great to hear!!! Looks like we are winning the mission to make people believe in butane vapes again.

We wouldn't even be here without our customers, so your needs are the highest priority. My background has definitely given me a bias towards glass, but we are working hard to create an unbreakable stem. You guys will be the first to know when it is ready.

NO MORE wispy HITS

Head Tools,
Reactions: vaporonly
This is great to hear!!! Looks like we are winning the mission to make people believe in butane vapes again.

We wouldn't even be here without our customers, so your needs are the highest priority. My background has definitely given me a bias towards glass, but we are working hard to create an unbreakable stem. You guys will be the first to know when it is ready.

NO MORE wispy HITS
That's great news! I'm eagerly anticipating using my Hammer even more B)

kingofnull,
Still loving my Hammer and a friend of mine bought his own after mine damn near floored him using his beaker and the gong. He needed an on-demand vape to pair with his Cloud, and he literally got up off the floor, went online, and bought his own. True story.

I do have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. I have combusted several times lately, and I think I have narrowed down the problem. I do not have the curved gong, so I have to cock the hammer horizontally to use with my bub. This works okay, but several times now, my gong has stuck to my glass as I try to carb and when the air hits that hot open load...cherry time. And man, a big lungful of smoke sucks in the middle of a sweet vaping session. Plus, everything is then corrupted and I have to stop and clean everything. I guess it does have the positive effect of reminding me that I am so happy to never have to smoke again, but still...would like to correct this.

Has anybody ever tried "lubing" the gong? I was thinking of putting a dab of vaseline on there or something but wasn't sure about the effects of the heat. Thoughts?

One more question for Hammer or Head Tools: Do you plan to have a screenless bent gong anytime in the near future. I want one but am holding off hoping that is coming soon, especially with the tease in your last sentence following the new products. :brow:

Abiding.

Dude

TheDudeNextDoor,

OF

Has anybody ever tried "lubing" the gong? I was thinking of putting a dab of vaseline on there or something but wasn't sure about the effects of the heat. Thoughts?

I would not try Vaseline, it's not up to the temperatures. They make/sell silicone based oils for this (LB provides a bit with their WPA), the lube in the plumbing department is probably OK as well, but 'at home' I'd try a thin wipe of Peanut oil. IIRC it has the highest 'smoke temperature' of the common edible oils, with better grade light Olive oils a close second?

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I would not try Vaseline, it's not up to the temperatures. They make/sell silicone based oils for this (LB provides a bit with their WPA), the lube in the plumbing department is probably OK as well, but 'at home' I'd try a thin wipe of Peanut oil. IIRC it has the highest 'smoke temperature' of the common edible oils, with better grade light Olive oils a close second?

OF

Your LHS will have at least one product for this purpose.

pakalolo,

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
I do have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. I have combusted several times lately, and I think I have narrowed down the problem. I do not have the curved gong, so I have to cock the hammer horizontally to use with my bub. This works okay, but several times now, my gong has stuck to my glass as I try to carb and when the air hits that hot open load...cherry time. And man, a big lungful of smoke sucks in the middle of a sweet vaping session. Plus, everything is then corrupted and I have to stop and clean everything. I guess it does have the positive effect of reminding me that I am so happy to never have to smoke again, but still...would like to correct this.

One more question for Hammer or Head Tools: Do you plan to have a screenless bent gong anytime in the near future. I want one but am holding off hoping that is coming soon, especially with the tease in your last sentence following the new products. :brow:

Hey Dude - You might want to try putting the gong in your piece and just pushing the Hammer up against it enough to create an airtight seal (not locking it on), then removing the Hammer (with the gong still in your piece) to clear it. This seems to work really well as long as you keep your screen clean and the gong pretty loosely packed so there is enough airflow to clear it with the gong still in the piece.

You might also consider packing a bit less in the gong so there is more distance between the heat exchanger and your materials, and/or letting off the trigger a bit sooner and vaping with the retained heat from the Hammer for a few seconds before starting to remove the gong/hammer.

I'm not sure about "lubing" the gong, but OF's response makes sense. As far as a "Screenless Curved" Gong goes, I'm not sure if David is planning on making those or not. I'll ask him about it next time we talk and get back to you.

Hammer on and have a great weekend FCers!

Aaron

Hammer Vaporizer,
Hey Dude - You might want to try putting the gong in your piece and just pushing the Hammer up against it enough to create an airtight seal (not locking it on), then removing the Hammer (with the gong still in your piece) to clear it. This seems to work really well as long as you keep your screen clean and the gong pretty loosely packed so there is enough airflow to clear it with the gong still in the piece.

You might also consider packing a bit less in the gong so there is more distance between the heat exchanger and your materials, and/or letting off the trigger a bit sooner and vaping with the retained heat from the Hammer for a few seconds before starting to remove the gong/hammer.

I'm not sure about "lubing" the gong, but OF's response makes sense. As far as a "Screenless Curved" Gong goes, I'm not sure if David is planning on making those or not. I'll ask him about it next time we talk and get back to you.

Hammer on and have a great weekend FCers!

Aaron

Thanks for the tips, Aaron! I do tend to overfill the bowl sometimes, and you are right, that can lead to combustion if you're not careful. Interestingly, it doesn't seem to be an issue with my custom stem. The GonG seems to be much more sensitive, so I am wondering if using the Hammer horizontally somehow makes it easier to combust. Not sure about the science of that, just going on observation. I still need to do some cause/effect testing.

David and I have already been in contact by email about the curved GonG. Thanks man!

TheDudeNextDoor,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I've been putting it off longer and longer but have finally bought this. Can't wait to try it, how much herb can the lock on stems hold and how much herb do you use per stem (amount preferably in grams).

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Head Tools,

...the mission to make people believe in butane vapes again...

More than ever i strongly believe in the power of portable fire and simply can't imagine something more suitable for this application. Even in remote country-side towns it's not really difficult to find a replacement once the power source got depleted or went defective. Ronson fuel which happens to be available at my local Canadian Tire, for example, will do fine in a Hammer (at least i guess, unless it's better have some filtered London or Xikar to avoid clogging?).

My point is, in Montreal i've also seen Colibri which i failed to locate around here, yet the brands may come & go but butane fuel shall remain around for a while (well, i'm not worried as distribution seems like a non-issue at the moment). As a matter of fact, it would be time to leave (!) instead of vaping if one were to find himself somehow standing in a city where such basic supplies might cause a problem anyway!...

:D

...we are working hard to create an unbreakable stem. You guys will be the first to know when it is ready.

That's great news indeed as this would have been one determining factor in an eventual purchase, as far as i'm concerned (silicone sleeve on glass would suit me fine). The other factor was discussed weeks ago, previously. Lets keep hoping for the very best!!

:popcorn:

Now i wish to ask a general type of question, if you don't mind. Head Tools, it's about the power of fire...

Here it goes:

Would it be accurate to state that more power is avaible from the butane flame than what's actually being used/required to attain our final goal?

I think it might be the case but i could be wrong and i don't forget that theory often differs from practive. There's some wild dreams i was having lately, of a breeding between VaporGenie and mister Hammer, euh... But i'm only seeking input on the green part right above.

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: satyrday

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
I've been putting it off longer and longer but have finally bought this. Can't wait to try it, how much herb can the lock on stems hold and how much herb do you use per stem (amount preferably in grams).

Glad to have you on board :clap:! There is a bit of discussion about the amount that will fit into the original stems at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hammer-vaporizer.7002/page-2#post-272189. The Lock-On Stems are roughly twice the size of the original stems, but it's best to not pack it quite as full as you would pack the original ones as it needs a bit of room to "lock on" to the heat exchanger. My guesstimate would be about .06-.08g or so.

Would it be accurate to state that more power is avaible from the butane flame than what's actually being used/required to attain our final goal?

David can probably speak to the technical aspects of this better than I can, but the short answer is yes... the heat/flame is capable of getting much hotter than is required for vaporization. This is why it's possible to combust with the Hammer, but also gives you the critical ability to drive the Hammer to higher temperatures that are at the top of the vaporization range and get those nice, thick clouds ;)... "No more wispy hits"

Aaron

Hammer Vaporizer,
Reactions: paytonpenn

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
on the obvious end, yes just think how hot a butane torch flame gets compared to vape temps.

but when you think of getting the vape up to operating temp, I think all the power the better in terms of quickness. (as long as materials can stand it)

it's like designers must balance trying to get the thing hot as quick as possible with trying to make a product that doesn't combust easily or suffer material damage from high heat. That's why the hammer guys have a set time to use the hammer continuously, any longer and I believe you could damage the unit from the heat.

vaporonly,
Top Bottom