Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't have any way to weight the amounts but i have been using the smaller stems too and trying different amounts. The smaller amounts like you said seem to do fine without stirring. Using more in it seems kinda of counterproductive because the top stuff gets used while the stuff under it isn't as dark.

I guess the thing with the supreme is you can't really see the contents until the end but they all come out consistently done. I'm just wondering if i'm thinking about it differently with the hammer because you can see the contents of the stem after every hit

There is no "correct" way, it's whatever works best for you. Experimenting to figure that out is usually lots of fun.

Dopevape

just don't overpack it especially with the standard tubes as they don't hold very much not even what u are used to using. I usually use a little scoop i picked up with some other vape i own. seems to be just the ammount that fits in there. If you fill it halfway should be fine and everything should be evenly done.
I used to stir all the time after first hits with the standard tubes (toothpick), The customs on the other hand are doing a much better job with the lock-on system, havent needed to stir it since i have it.

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
thanks guys. I have a sylme green custom stem coming, and i'll keep experimenting.

no combustion yet, pretty close but thankfully it didn't cherry up

vaporonly,
Reactions: Dopevape

CharlieBelmont

If you are torching the front but not the back, try packing it a tiny bit looser, pull a little bit more air through, and maybe back off the trigger just a little sooner. You will get it with a little more time. I'm not having to stir anything.

marduk

daydreamer
Loving my Hammer with lock-on stems. Nothing I have hits harder. :tup:

@Hammer crew...

Would it be possible to retrofit the unit with a spring that is less stiff? Holding the switch down during initial heat up can be a chore. I've gotten used to it, but I think the experience would be better if less force were required.

Please offer a ceramic disc insert for oils. All you'd need to do is get the same material as Healthstone and have it made with the proper dimensions for the lock-on stems. Then you'd have a 100% convection-based portable oil vape that would have no equal. Please, please, please!

vaporonly

if i could pick the brain of the creator, what was the original twin mouthpiece design for? I apologize if this has been covered.

It's cool because you can have the lock on stems on one side and use the other for the little non lock stems for efficiency.

pat yourself on the back for a great design

one more question: the instructions say only use in an upright position. Is there flexibility on this, esp with the wp adapter?

thanks

vaporonly,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
Loving my Hammer with lock-on stems. Nothing I have hits harder. :tup:

@Hammer crew...

Would it be possible to retrofit the unit with a spring that is less stiff? Holding the switch down during initial heat up can be a chore. I've gotten used to it, but I think the experience would be better if less force were required.

The new stems make a BIG difference... really glad you like it!!

It was important to us (for safety reasons) that the Hammer turn off when you let go of the trigger. I have big hands and have found that holding the trigger with my index finger (instead of my thumb) can be more comfortable.
601866_602228029807336_693043608_n.jpg

Please offer a ceramic disc insert for oils. All you'd need to do is get the same material as Healthstone and have it made with the proper dimensions for the lock-on stems. Then you'd have a 100% convection-based portable oil vape that would have no equal. Please, please, please!

This is a great idea! I will look into it. In the meantime, I have had success by using stainless steel wool or by stacking several screens. The stones are great, but all you really need is enough surface area for the concentrate to cling to.

if i could pick the brain of the creator, what was the original twin mouthpiece design for? I apologize if this has been covered.

It's cool because you can have the lock on stems on one side and use the other for the little non lock stems for efficiency.

pat yourself on the back for a great design

thanks

We wanted to ensure that you could comfortably hold the Hammer regardless of what piece you are using. You can change your grip if you are using the Hammer with the lock-on-stems or with a GonG fitting (trigger in front or back). In fact, there is no reason that you can't install the lock-on-kit on the small side of the Hammer if this is more comfortable.

one more question: the instructions say only use in an upright position. Is there flexibility on this, esp with the wp adapter?

thanks

The Hammer does not need to be straight up and down (it will work laying on its side). You just want to make sure that the exhaust gasses are going up and away from your clean air intake. When the Hammer is straight up and down, there is no question that you are keeping your air pure. If you run the Hammer on its side, it is possible for a small amount of exhaust to find its way into the clean air intake (you will be able to taste it if this starts to happen).

Without seeing your particular situation, I would suggest that as long as you stay within 45 degrees of vertical then you are still inhaling untainted air.

NO MORE wispy HITS
David

vaporonly

^^^that's a great looking stem in that pic too.

i can now confirm that the bigger lock in stems really make this thing a beast. my slyme green one is great. thank you.

thank you for the quick response back about the orientation of the hammer.

Tweek

May have to give one of those new lock on stems a try! They look great! My hammer is still going strong; took it out with me for a nature filming session, and it was delightful.

Tweek,

vaporonly

May have to give one of those new lock on stems a try! They look great! My hammer is still going strong; took it out with me for a nature filming session, and it was delightful.

i should preface my statement with the admission that I was only using the smaller of the older stems, I didn't try the bigger older stems.
some of this for me is the size difference.

I have always liked glass one-hitters so there is something historical using one, and the custom stems replicate that over the very sterile clear ones. Thanks for the weekend sale on the accessories hammer guys!

vaporonly,

OO

Technical Skeptical
So far I've only tried the smaller of the wooden stems, and I have to say, this really completes the vape for me.

It's now a full blown outdoors vape, one which has negligible fragility. I'm a much happier vaporist now that I have it.

I want to try the long one next, will report back once I've tried it.

I'm going to try and modify one so that I can fit the same amount I used with the tiny stems in and still get good extraction.

I also want to find a thinner piece of silicon tubing, as I found a glass tubing that would work well for lock on purposes with the added bonus of being THICK borosilicate glass that's easy to clean.

OO,

scral

That's AWESOME oo. Thanks so much for the kind words. I love this vape and I love the glass stems....BUT... I tend to break fragile things and this was my soulution. Glad I could give back to the FC community (finally) :rockon:

scral,
Reactions: OO

OO

Technical Skeptical
That's AWESOME oo. Thanks so much for the kind words. I love this vape and I love the glass stems....BUT... I tend to break fragile things and this was my soulution. Glad I could give back to the FC community (finally) :rockon:
You have a great solution, it does the job spectacularly.

OO,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everyone,

This may have been explored before, has a Hammer owner ever tried to incorporate humidification by using a donnut of wet cotton inside the main channel? I really mean a donnut shaped piece since it's necessary not to block the passage of air.

Also, how hard would it be to turn The Hammer into a universal heat stick for use with conventional glassware?...

:peace:

Egzoset,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
Also, how hard would it be to turn The Hammer into a universal heat stick for use with conventional glassware?...

I have tried to do this with limited success. There are so many different shapes and sizes of bowls... it works great with some and not at all with others.

Head Tools,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Head Tools,

I have tried to do this with limited success. There are so many different shapes and sizes of bowls... it works great with some and not at all with others.

Relatively to fittings there's a quote i'm going to paste here which i find interesting under the light of recent events.

I wish I could water filter this... oh wait I can show you how... ... ...the solo standard glass stem... ...fits and works GREAT with this vape. ...the solo stems had the convience of bigger bowl and in place filter. ...no butane...

For some reason i never managed to get a good comprehension of The Hammer's design, though i believe i figured its leading aspects about right (so-so)... On another hand, i've played with Arizer Solo glass stems already and finding this piece of information rendered me imaginative all the sudden.

Here's the picture: wouldn't it be possible to fit an Arizer Solo glass stem (or similar) on the fresh-air admission port in order to force that air to enter the system through some humidifying structure contained inside that optional item?...

7.gif

The VG does receive a lot of hot water vapor at its entrance, after all. So why not in this case too! Now, if that makes any sense at all then i'd wonder what material might be appropriate for this function: to retain water until it evaporates!... Hummm... But it wouldn't get hot fast enough, euh... Sorry.

I'm simply curious.

Egzoset,
Reactions: satyrday

satyrday

...wouldn't it be possible to fit an Arizer Solo glass stem (or similar) on the fresh-air admission port in order to force that air to enter the system through some humidifying structure...
The two side are interchangeable, so yes you could try something like that. Good idea.

I'd like to hear Head Tools thoughts as well.

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Satyrday,

I'd like to hear Head Tools thoughts as well.

I'd be slightly surprized to find out this has never been explored at all before - with little success i suppose, since there's no such option available today. The water evaporator add-on would probably need to be made of metal in order to speed up heat transfer, its absorbant material inside would have to be thin if any water is to be evaporated at all, causing little restriction ideally. Perhaps a prototype can be implemented just using a few layers of screens (installed flat or stacked as a long pile after being punched in the center), it would need to make good contact with the internal cylinder wall in any case.

Sintered-ceramic should work fine in this application as i've noticed it gives visual clues when it's getting dry. I was playing with VG pucks lately and after washing them i could see the patterns change in real time as i gently blown air on them to dry them out. A humidification apparatus could exploit this characteristic to implement an simple indicator feature meant to tell when to add a few drops again... Certainly, someone must have toyed with the idea, so i won't be surprized to read that it was tried and failed, for some reason.

Dry vapour is the only thing that really stops me, that and the desire to walk into a local store where i can get all the necessary hardware and never have to provide personal information (debit/credit card, phone number, civic address)... This is the internet, lesser is better.

Egzoset,

satyrday

I'd be slightly surprized to find out this has never been explored at all before - with little success i suppose, since there's no such option available today.

I don't know that it would have been explored the way you describe adding humidity from the input side. Most people would just use the GonG that's available for it and a regular water pipe on the output side.

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Satyrday,

Most people would just use the GonG...

Nah, not me. Moreover i notice i'm not the only one or i'd have already seen good pictures demonstrating this GonG solution in all its glory... I'm not saying it's not a proper-effective method, but washing cannabic vapour isn't something i'd want to depend on unless necessary: it can hurt the aroma/taste experience. There's no such thing in a VG, only water generated by the burning of butane! It's not visible but i can tell you it does show up in my transparent tubing after a while and this, my friend, was sufficient to make me want to decomission my HA even when it still worked...

In addition, i'm not sure i'd find convenient having to carry a water accessory around while the unit has been made totally portable by design! In contrast, should that evaporator idea make any sense i'll bet the corresponding option wouldn't add significant weight to a transportation pouch.

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Satyrday,

You're saying you wanted to decommission your HA because it was too dry?

Essentially yes, and not just that: i appreciated the rare speed advantage provided by that modded VG pipe so much i was planning to use my HA only to finish still-green VG ABV by filling ballons on occasions. The VG was my Plan-A until i observed a bad physical reaction to contaminants, i'm still hesistant what that can be actually.

Anyway, once the aroma/taste are gone there's also cooking as an alternative. So i'd have been ignoring the HA even more, not that it's no a suitable vaporizer: i must have got tired of the space that's required around it, for various apendices... LEGO-Land is fun but it's nice to be able to leave it behind sometimes!

Egzoset,

satyrday

i notice i'm not the only one or i'd have already seen good pictures demonstrating this GonG solution in all its glory...
Pictures anyone?

...washing cannabic vapour isn't something i'd want to depend on unless necessary: it can hurt the aroma/taste experience.
Adding water from the input side is interesting for the reason you stated - not wanting to filter the vapor through water.

satyrday,
Reactions: Egzoset

OO

Technical Skeptical
Egzoset, I love your thinking, and would love to see a pre-element humidifing system.

When opportunities arise, I will try to fabricate something.

The GonG is glorious, but has the potential to limit the expression of the x-factor, which is why I'm more interested in the pre-element solution.

soz mods.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Top Bottom