The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm anxious to see how it performs once units start getting into FC members hands ... I've held off on this one for now waiting for results (call me a skeptic)

Edit: I'm comfortable paying more when its fully released if it does truly live up to its expectations ... actually I'll get one for sure if it lives up to even half the expectations ...

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm anxious to see how it performs once units start getting into FC members hands ... I've held off on this one for now waiting for results (call me a skeptic)

Edit: I'm comfortable paying more when its fully released if it does truly live up to its expectations ... actually I'll get one for sure if it lives up to even half the expectations ...

Yeah I don't buy it. I don't think this thing is going to be anything better than a snoop dogg G pen or whatever lol.

If I'm wrong and they accomplished something no one else can do then I'll gladly buy it, but I refuse to believe it until there is proof. The employee hitting it in a sketchy angle in an awkward video isn't enough to throw my money around blindly.

I can feel a bittersweet "I told you so" vibe building and building with this one.

Breathemetal

Yeah I don't buy it. I don't think this thing is going to be anything better than a snoop dogg G pen or whatever lol.

If I'm wrong and they accomplished something no one else can do then I'll gladly buy it, but I refuse to believe it until there is proof. The employee hitting it in a sketchy angle in an awkward video isn't enough to throw my money around blindly.

I can feel a bittersweet "I told you so" vibe building and building with this one.

Put good vibes forward buddy! Throwing the i told you so stigma in there is not positive!

caves

Living the vape life

Have you seen the third usage video?

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm sorry to be negative I'll just wait until its out to comment. I'm just weary. I'm getting vibes that this is a gpen with a spacer or something.

grokit

well-worn member
"Heading into production without perfect confidence is not a risk we are willing to take...You contributed for a revolutionary vaporizer, and we won’t be satisfied with delivering anything less than that."

:2c: Sounds sincere enough to me, april it is!
:popcorn:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
A gpen wouldn't have a knob with changeable temperatures darkrom. He does seem to tamp down the load a lot, and the hits have to be rather long... but he does not micro hit and the herb is caramel brown so i'm still guessing if there is a lot of conduction or not but the heater is not friendly of fast draws it seems.

Zookeeper

A gpen wouldn't have a knob with changeable temperatures darkrom.

But a thousand other e juice vapes do...

If you can fit the power needed to vape MULTIPLE loads or herb successfully in something smaller than most e juice batteries, you've done something remarkable. I hope no one is expecting a remarkable experience out of this vape.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
But a thousand other e juice vapes do...

If you can fit the power needed to vape MULTIPLE loads or herb successfully in something smaller than most e juice batteries, you've done something remarkable. I hope no one is expecting a remarkable experience out of this vape.

I stand corrected... i'm not very well informed on the e-juice market.

We are well aware of the power needed to vape multiple loads of herb... Thermovape's products have launched a big discussion on the issue when they first came out.

But according to what the Grasshopers said, the technology they employed allows for convection extraction with a good battery life... that is what i'm expecting.

I'm not expecting thick hits like in my Lotus.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I backed for a dollar wallet through kickstarter in September, still waiting for it. I was expecting it November.

I knew they weren't going to meet their deadline for the Grasshopper, that's not a bad thing, just something that seems to be common. I just hope retail SS gHs don't get sold before I get my 3 Ti pens.

I'm pretty patient but was not delighted of the news that people that bought a wallet in November through his retail store were able to get it before Christmas.

EDIT:
That was more of a message to @Zenpen, we know you will do retail, but obviously the people who initially supported you would like theirs first, their should be no reason for you to be focusing on retail when you haven't even gotten thumbs up from your all pledges.

Last edited:

Adobewan

The vid looks good, abv was brown not burnt, still hope for the best, but the hair on the back of my neck is not quite settled.
The delay notice this morning didn't surprise me, and while the vid helps, being involved with the Versa thread(beta team yay!), being in the Da Vinci Developer's Circle(yay circular ones!), and having worked with one of the kings of CS in the vape industry, G @THC SCIENTIFIC /Warp9Tech/Utopia Planitia(yay Federation of Planets!), I think a quick phone pic or two of crates of components in production and progress down the line would be a small thing to do for the investors(we the people who gave them over $300,000).
If we only see more videos of one guy using the same pen, I'll have trouble not imagining the GH guys just off screen, packing their bags for the Caribbean, with our money.

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Are we panicking now?
pre-sneeze-face.jpg

James C

EDM and vapor enthusiast

I can easily get 3 full trenches out of my MFLB batteries, which are just plain rechargeable AA batteries, about the same size as the GH batteries (not convection, I know, so its not exactly a fair comparison). You can buy lithium AA batteries the same size as normal AA batteries that last 8x as long as standard batteries.

While I feel the actual vape time may be less than what they say, its certainly not impossible to be able to do multiple loads in something the size of the GH, we have that technology.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It's the first portable vape made with ancient technology from atlantis!
Or at least with nasa technology from dc...
:razz: :rofl::lmao:
To be fair, nasa also indirectly brought us the Herbalizer :)

I_Want_to_Believe.png

Just because this should be on every page of this thread :lol:
Needs the GH pen instead of the saucer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom