• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy

I really admire the pictures on your page of what looks to be excellent build quality of this vaporizer. Instead of going the plastic route, it seems you have chosen instead to use robust matierials turned on a lathe, impresive. Even more impressive is that you are offering it at a realistic price.

You would do all board members a great service if you showed us a picture of the PCB board that fits in this tiny Pen Sized Vaporizer.

Timothy,

tepictoton

looks promising.

@Zenpen, surest way to go, especially here, would be to get a vid of a prototype to share with the world. I'm sure if that is feasable then a lot of us here will jump on board. And of course, another way is to get some testing units into the hands of some well known members around here.

On a side note, or maybe not, I guess this will work out of the box in Europe too? Seeing it is able to being charged trough usb?

And is it possible to tell us if the electronics are closed of from the vapor path?

NYC5IKH5jabi

If this thing can perform I will have to buy one! But you can color me skeptical of battery life and performance in this small a package. If you guys can do this thing right I think you have a hit in the making

NYC5IKH5jabi,

thesoloman

I've always wanted a low-key vape that i could take to college with me and not have to leave campus to vape. i think i found it now... that is if it works well. At $99 bucks im definitely going to kickstart it, do you think i would have it in hand by August 20th, when my next semester starts?

thesoloman,
Reactions: Shmoo

nickzzzx

Pretty stoked about this! I hope it does everything you guys are saying. It definitely looks nice and the specs on paper are fantastic. I'll be patiently waiting to see how people like it!

nickzzzx,

poonman

I really like the usb pass thru charging .
These days , it can be easier to get access to a usb port , than an outlet .
Such as in my car or a PC at work .
+ 1 for the sleek design .

Here's a suggestion Zenpen ;
Maybe it can come with a suitable Pen Cap , to help reduce the smells .
For extra stealthness I mean , and for pen leaks if doing oils .

Timothy

I would rather see a 300 series stainless steel in the heating chamber. If you have read the board thoughly you would of noticed that many many members have strong feelings against brass.

Zenpen

Grasshopper
Manufacturer
Going to try and answer a bunch of questions in one go!

Custom model as in color, or will it add something different?

Well we're considering a limited edition titanium model and some different finishes.

looks promising.

@Zenpen, surest way to go, especially here, would be to get a vid of a prototype to share with the world. I'm sure if that is feasable then a lot of us here will jump on board. And of course, another way is to get some testing units into the hands of some well known members around here.

On a side note, or maybe not, I guess this will work out of the box in Europe too? Seeing it is able to being charged trough usb?

And is it possible to tell us if the electronics are closed of from the vapor path?

Yes it will work with any USB outlet or port.

As for the vapor path, there are a couple electronic components there, however they are all either encased in glass or gold plated to render them completely inert. There is no potential for off gassing from any material in the vapor path.

I would rather see a 300 series stainless steel in the heating chamber. If you have read the board thoughly you would of noticed that many many members have strong feelings against brass.

Alright, so its really unfortunate that brass has gotten a bad rap in the vapor community. Brass does have very good heat properties for this application. But manufacturers haven't executed it very well. Here's why the Zenpen is different.

- Our brass is specially sourced 100% lead free naval brass
- Even at twice the Zenpen's max temp, there is no potential for off gassing or mass loss

We've tested this thing extensively, and can't detect any effect on the taste either.

When are you planning on releasing this? Rough estimate?

The Kickstarter should launch before the end of July! We're looking to build a little more hype first. Encourage you friends to sign up on our mailing list! http://zenpenvapor.com/buy.html

Shmoo

You are right but the tip is on the other end.
Unless I'm mistaken, the tip of the pen (where you're saying to add the lead tip) is where you inhale from. The other end is the "click" which turns the unit on or off, as well as where the charging cable hooks up.

Shmoo,

poonman

Unless I'm mistaken, the tip of the pen (where you're saying to add the lead tip) is where you inhale from. The other end is the "click" which turns the unit on or off, as well as where the charging cable hooks up.

That is where I suggest a ' Pen cap ' would be effective .
and
Zenpen ;
Please do not discard the Titanium route .
I realize , you get what you pay for , so I'm more than willing . ( within reason )
Even tho , it sounds like your Brass chamber is better ( ? ) than my NO2 brass chamber .
I still would like to try out Titanium base materials .

poonman,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river

brass has roughly five times the thermal conductivity of stainless steel.

zenpen is right about the bad rap select brass has gotten in the vape world. I don't want to push the issue cause like the mod said there's a thread for brass talk.

the zenpen looks cool and priced right. Seeing only computer mock-ups of the unit makes me wonder what stage of production they are at. Wishing them best of luck with this!

GreenRoom

I'm quivering with anticipation. Good move on making the click-style switch as opposed to a digital button. Very stealthy. Excellent price point too. I just might have to buy two.

GreenRoom,
Reactions: Zenpen

JoeKickass

Unfortunately, it's just more shots of the CGI model.

Depending on how many bits of the vape they have to source from other suppliers, I imagine it could take a while for them to sort everything out and actually mass produce their product in the real world...

But I love how this thread isn't filling up with posts asking when it's coming out :lol:

natural farmer

I really like the design of this vape but I can't see how it will have any convection properties... :\ I mean the brass chamber IS the heating element so it wil conduct heat to the load and the fresh air from the holes will take the vapor generated to your mouth... So how does convection take place? Anyone?

OnBreak

So the way kickstarter works is that for different levels of contribution there are rewards for the backers!
We plan on offering different rewards ranging from "recognition of support", to mugs, water bottles and t-shirts with the logo, all the way up to a chance to take a tour of our lab and join us for a "Vapor Workshop" ;)

At the at the $99 level your reward will be a 1st edition Zenpen!

For a little extra cash we'll also be offering colour and special custom edition models!

That would be so epic to take a tour of the workshop what are the plans for the custom editions ??

OnBreak,
Reactions: Zenpen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom