• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
ashley-wagner-600.jpg

back to on topic, here's the latest image of the GH manual from the Keep It Real review, I noticed that for cleaning, they no longer suggest submerging the body up to the top of the chamber, now they say only submerge the MP:

manual-back.jpg

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
back to on topic, here's the latest image of the GH manual from the Keep It Real review, I noticed that for cleaning, they no longer suggest submerging the body up to the top of the chamber, now they say only submerge the MP:

manual-back.jpg
Here we go again. If I were a backer I would be more than annoyed by all of the changes from the original product that I was backing. Yes I have said this before. The first post in this thread was almost 2 years ago. It says "After 6 months of development, this is the result". I want to believe...but...

DieHard,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I'm a bit disappointed I can't vacuum the herb up and just load the mouthpiece. Also my herb/oil has to get recessed into a chamber which will get dirty over time.

paytonpenn,

hippogriff

If I were a backer I would be more than annoyed by all of the changes from the original product that I was backing.
Look at the Evoke, design changed in fundamental ways, bigger and uglier. And they're just at the "working prototype" phase, out of money and trolling for pre-orders, and folks are still discussing when they'll get theirs (I know! never, sorry). GH has a different mouthpiece, a fraction of the battery life (that's the big one but it still meets my needs and remains competitive), and one color option is not available. This's crowdfunding, a bet on the existence of a product on an unknown schedule, overall GH is rocking it (big disclaimer, rocking it for your average crowdfunded product attempt).

BuzzDanklin

@BuzzDanklin i know this is Fuck Combustion, but do you have rolling papers? Could you make a little joint that would fit in the grasshopper chamber, and vape it to see if the rolling paper would allow the spiraling heat through or would it block the flow of air, thus prevent vaping?
I'm trying to come up with a quicker, simpler way to load the grasshopper and hope something like this would work.

First off, packing the GH isn't too bad, the chamber is almost as wide as the unit, so its not something like the V2 Pro S3 which has a very tiny and cumbersome opening to pack.

Now I did try your the joint method, unfortunately I only had peach flavored papers so it threw off the flavor and I couldn't tell if unflavored papers would also do that, or if it was only caused from the flavored ones. I also noticed with this method that Air flow wasn't as good, and the AVB wasn't quite as even.

So in the end, this does work, however its probably not something I will be doing again.

ceowT4zl.jpg

Kalessin

Maybe if there was something with a looser weave than paper, like...a little hemp basket? I don't know..

Kalessin,

inuhuion

First off, packing the GH isn't too bad, the chamber is almost as wide as the unit, so its not something like the V2 Pro S3 which has a very tiny and cumbersome opening to pack.

Now I did try your the joint method, unfortunately I only had peach flavored papers so it threw off the flavor and I couldn't tell if unflavored papers would also do that, or if it was only caused from the flavored ones. I also noticed with this method that Air flow wasn't as good, and the AVB wasn't quite as even.

So in the end, this does work, however its probably not something I will be doing again.

ceowT4zl.jpg
thank you for doing the experiment! i hope it didn't cost you too much herb.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Oooh...I wish I could get one kind of like that, but made for two pens with another area on the opposite side with a pouch or pocket.
Etsy my friend, Etsy!

I'm waiting until I have my GH in hand, I think I'm going to order a custom leather 1-pen case, with a pouch on the opposite side to hold supplies and whatnot

Kalessin

I really want one that has a space for my Grasshopper and a secure area for two spare batteries, as well as an area for some sort of small container. One like that, with the little stretchy...band things? would be perfect for holding the batteries as well as the pen. Did that particular case come from Etsy?

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I really want one that has a space for my Grasshopper and a secure area for two spare batteries, as well as an area for some sort of small container. One like that, with the little stretchy...band things? would be perfect for holding the batteries as well as the pen. Did that particular case come from Etsy?

Check out the Maxpedition packs. Lots of stash areas, stretchy band things, and burly construction.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Look at the Evoke, design changed in fundamental ways, bigger and uglier. And they're just at the "working prototype" phase, out of money and trolling for pre-orders, and folks are still discussing when they'll get theirs (I know! never, sorry). GH has a different mouthpiece, a fraction of the battery life (that's the big one but it still meets my needs and remains competitive), and one color option is not available. This's crowdfunding, a bet on the existence of a product on an unknown schedule, overall GH is rocking it (big disclaimer, rocking it for your average crowdfunded product attempt).
Here Here, it just so happens that Grasshooper labs is on my way home and I can tell you that at 10 p.m. the lights were on and people were working so I say give them a break, it is crowdfunding after all. Crowdfunding is NOT an investor model, it's a new economic model that can and DOES work and can prove important to product innovation and allowing new ideas to market.

It also requires patience and reasonable expectations. I think Grasshooper labs, when they launch will prove the viability of this financing model.

That said they are under pressue to launch at the right time to prove the not only their product, but the financing model for products that come after.

I for one, would rather they launch late and ready, proving the efficacy of the financing model than early and unprepared undermining the product I crowdsoured by more importantly the reason I crowdsourced which is to support the economic concept.

I feel confident that Grasshopper labs will be a success story which is good for vaporist but great for crowdsourcing.

Last edited:

hippogriff

crowdsouring
Haha, they're doing a bit of that, too. Along w/ the new model, communication has to change, too. I see it happening - many campaigns highlight their timeline w/ increasing detail, fer instance - but the change is slow and, IMO, hampered by old concepts of how to treat customers and/or investors. Backers are the exciting new thing. Customer/Investor models are all about promises and positive spins and reassuring BS, I think the new Backer Model needs to be more about transparency and process, cause time is a HUGE unknown in all these ventures, and what really makes waiting manageable is concrete information. I think the GH team is trying for transparency by never missing an update (tho I get them usually just after midnite on the expected day which is technically late, don't understand that decision) but failing on process w/ The Vagueness & too much attention on delivery. I imagine a better way to do it would be like a blog detailing the week by week issues finding/managing/designing for multiple international manufacturers to source all those parts, plus a quick-ref timeline for the path to product. Lots of room in there to engage a huge focus group that's already paid you for your product.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Crowdfunding makes it cheaper for new businesses to become viable but communication is an important factor with those that are doing the funding. They keep making it sound like the product is ready to be put together and shipped off a lot sooner than it really is. Talking about timelines - that has since past a couple of times.

Now we are hearing about some legal issues - what next? Legal issues can take anywhere from a couple days to years. What are we looking at fall instead of summer launching? I don't have the patients IMO for all this. Sorry I'm such a Debbie Downer, you guys have more patients than I have.

Last edited:

hippogriff

Crowdfunding makes it cheaper for new businesses to become viable but communication is an important factor with those that are doing the funding. They keep making it sound like the product is ready to be put together and shipped off a lot sooner than it really is. Talking about timelines - that has since past a couple of times.

Now we are hearing about some legal issues - what next? Legal issues can take anywhere from a couple days to years. What are we looking at fall instead of summer launching? I don't have the patients IMO for all this. Sorry I'm such a Debbie Downer, you guys have more patients than I have.
I share your fears - did they get the steps wrong? Do they have parts for thousands of units w/ a design that still requires approvals? It's challenging to have patience when most updates hint they'll be done soon, while other emails seem to indicate parts coming in started a new round of unknowns. Here's hoping for some real detail in the next update.

hippogriff,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Here Here, it just so happens that Grasshooper labs is on my way home and I can tell you that at 10 p.m. the lights were on and people were working so I say give them a break, it is crowdfunding after all.

PICS or it never happened! :lol:

Thanks for the report, good to hear there's activity going on late at night (especially after a holiday weekend). Keep us posted (or show us some pictures!)

I agree, they really makes it sound like it's "Almost shipping", yet they still have a million things on their To-Do list.

However, they have been doing two updates a month for over a year now. That's pretty impressive communication. I've seen plenty of other IGG and Kickstarter campaigns with half as many updates (some with less than 3 updates a year!).

I honestly think it's simply a matter of underestimating how slow other companies work. The smaller your company, the less important your business is to other B2B companies. I can't tell you how many times I've contacted huge corporations only to be given the cold shoulder because my order was too small to be worth the effort to even respond to an email. I can totally see how they underestimated how long it really takes to do business.

To be accurate, they used the word "legal" one time, in a sentence about various tasks that needed to be done. That's sort of different to me than if they said they are having "legal issues". But who knows?

#glasshalffull

Actually he used the word "Legal Compliance". Which could be a whole bag of worms. Just look at the medical industry - "Legal Compliance" would mean FDA approval, which as you know, can take YEARS to complete sometimes.

Fortunately we don't need FDA approval for these medical devices, so that won't be an issue. However I still was concerned enough that I emailed Trevor 2 days ago asking about legal compliance and if that's what holding up the shipments.

So far no response back from Trevor, I'll let ya'll know if I hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom