• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhisper

How exactly is it "starting to get" phallic when nothing's changed, form-factor-wise, in over a year?

It seems like people sometimes post here merely to pile on, having little to no support by way of facts or evidence. Speculation is awesome when it's based on (at least some) facts and (much) logic. By contrast, in this forum, it very much seems as if certain members want to see this thing fail. Why? Criticism can actually be constructive, but complaining for complaining's sake never is. Ever. The best is the belly-achers who admit they have no skin in the game. That's like going on Amazon and giving a review for a product you've never seen, let alone used. Maybe the mods could split this forum into supporters and detractors and kick out the belly-achers.

I think Grokit was kidding around.

Hi,

Of course what they made is huge. But even in their shoes, I wouldn't say something like " We have the limited first run of production parts and are planning to get them out to some of you very soon. " in the february 15 update and then let people wait few months more.
And that 's just an exemple in the many hopes they raised during that 1year+ waiting.

So yeah, what they do is difficult but if it works, they are going to be millionnaires.
But why are they obliged to not tell us the whole truth ?
You're asking for a large serving of truth. How about just a slice large enough to be visible to the naked eye, not the whole pie :p

ragnorokk,
Reactions: Gregori

peaceonearth

high since 1968
I guess it could be a wide-angle lens that makes the left one seem fatter (to me at least).

Nah it's just that the ti version is closer to the viewer, and the fact that it covers up part of the ss version, creating the illusion that the ti is wider.

Things that are closer appear even larger with a wide angle lens, so you're both right.

Last edited:
peaceonearth,
Reactions: grokit

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
IMO, it's very unlikely that they would have retooled and/or died new casts for a 2nd differently-sized TI pen. That would also require a complete 2nd set of differently-sized internal parts as well. Think of the cost and additional logistical nightmares. Amazing what the mind can make the eye see when peering through a overly critical lens of uncertainty and doubt.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
1339224365285_5669359.png

grokit

well-worn member
My point is if the ti is indeed sheathing, then the ti model would have to have a bigger diameter.

grokit,
Reactions: Snappo

delloy

Good god people....really! Highly Medicated Beings Alert. :ko:
It is just the perspective making it look larger and it not being fully assembled.
It is machined from titanium, not a sheath/sleeve. (don't remember reading that anywhere) Why would they do that? Makes no sense to me. Are you suggesting it is made from stainless then "clad" with Ti? Defeats the whole idea of a Ti model if that was the case. It is the same diameter, more emissive and yes it is lighter due to the inherent properties of the metal ;)

Last edited:

Edwardo

Good god people....really! Highly Medicated Beings Alert. :ko:
It is just the perspective making it look larger and it not being fully assembled.
It is machined from titanium, not a sheath/sleeve. (don't remember reading that anywhere) Why would they do that? Makes no sense to me. Are you suggesting it is made from stainless then "clad" with Ti? Defeats the whole idea of a Ti model if that was the case. It is the same diameter, more emissive and yes it is lighter due to the inherent properties of the metal ;)
Ha... finally, the first sensible comment on this entire thread:lol: Maybe things are on the up now?

mod note: Please review the 'be nice' section of the rules.

TheWhisper

Yeah, if it were a sheathing, then the TI version wouldn't be lighter than the SS, which was a selling point, no?

TheWhisper,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
:popcorn:
Ya gotta add to that group, "Best of overly patient, optimistic zealots whose hobby is watching paint dry knowing one day that it will."
In the specific case of the GH, that'd be me:wave:...
:popcorn::chill:
But I can assure you that I am too damn busy with a multitude of other things to be laying around watching paint dry. And if I see grass growing under the incompetent ass who's got my hard-earned money, I'm a pit bull that won't let go until I'm satisfied!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom