The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

maremaresing

Those chinese lanyards would ruin the aesthetic of the device, but you have a great point on the thick oring. You could run some de-cored parachute cord through a thick oring, and it would work without impacting the look of the device. Thanks!

Or not. Because you inch me closer to the edge of pulling the trigger on this. I should probably order ASAP so I have any chance of getting this before 2016. I'm not sure I buy the june ship date. Has there been any clue on the price spiking when it is released?

Mr. Me2

Where is the surprise Happy 420 random update saying a ton of shipments went out?!?!?!?! :p

and no, no indication of future price spike after release, just speculation
I'm waiting to hear that too. I figured there would be a 4/22 or 4/23 announcement that all parts are in and they are in full swing assembly and shipping. That's when I plan to finally place my order (hoping there is no price increase before then!)

JiggyJack

@fonzerelli is right. I don't think we should get our hopes up any more than we need to :worms:.

Quote: "This update comes at an exciting time, as we are expecting the arrival of bulk machined parts on Wednesday, April 22nd. This delivery will encompass all machined parts for the first production run! We wish that we could show you what thousands of Grasshopper Front Ends looks like today, but we’ll be posting a special update when the shipment arrives. We’re just as excited as you."

The word "when" implies that "at the moment the shipment arrives" a special update will be posted. The words "once" or "after" in this context would probably have been a better choice (unless of course they really do mean to post the update at the moment the shipment arrives).

Either way, we'll hear when we hear.

[sigh]

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Here is my interpretation of that last update:
McPkNWQ.gif
However, in similar yet somewhat different context, I may interpret it thus:
jrvCE7o.png
Always giving the benefit of the doubt, it is most likely meant thus:
Q4NR2Mf.jpg
My time dilation theorem for expected date of delivery:
tnHPZIO.jpg

Last edited:

Uzer

@fonzerelli is right. I don't think we should get our hopes up any more than we need to :worms:.

Quote: "This update comes at an exciting time, as we are expecting the arrival of bulk machined parts on Wednesday, April 22nd. This delivery will encompass all machined parts for the first production run! We wish that we could show you what thousands of Grasshopper Front Ends looks like today, but we’ll be posting a special update when the shipment arrives. We’re just as excited as you."

The word "when" implies that "at the moment the shipment arrives" a special update will be posted. The words "once" or "after" in this context would probably have been a better choice (unless of course they really do mean to post the update at the moment the shipment arrives).

Either way, we'll hear when we hear.

[sigh]

A watched pot never boils.

Edit: It's an idiom. Calm down.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I think its pretty foolish to pre-order a product when they don't have ONE finished unit to send anyone. Just why? I read about you guys caving and pre-ordering. I guess its easier to cave if everyone else does it too.

I hope to receive my product but honestly doubt they will even ship next month.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I think its pretty foolish to pre-order a product when they don't have ONE finished unit to send anyone. Just why? I read about you guys caving and pre-ordering. I guess its easier to cave if everyone else does it too.

I hope to receive my product but honestly doubt they will even ship next month.
because you have faith that it will be finished and done well and have the $ to spare without the actual product for a little bit. I did it because I dont want it to finally be out but then have to end up waiting till end of August or later because I waited too long to decide to order. If you're really unsure and dont think it will workout then yeah shouldnt pre-order

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Here's how I see it. They expect to be able ship out 3000 backed units within a couple month and then ship out pre-orders. I doubt there are going to be 1000 pre-orders. I estimate you'll get it around the same time as the pre-orders if you waited a few more weeks or a month to even see if they are going to start building the first one you'd still get it at the same time as you would have to expect. I just suggest not buying one until an actual backer gets one and shows a picture or video proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom