Discontinued The Grasshopper

biohacker

I would consider doing a small production run of these if there is enough interest. Our current design replaces the original back-end (and battery) completely so there is no pass-thru charging, but it lets you stay powered up at home.

Woah! What?? Am I even reading this correctly!? :lol:

Enough interest? I would think you wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand! :rofl:

Count me in!!! :rockon:

biohacker

It will take me a few weeks to figure out what we could produce them for, I will stay in touch.

And you've tested this enough that it's 100% without any issues? Taking the backend/battery out of the equation could make this the best desktop out there IMO. AFAIK, the heater is actually quite resilient?

After trying basically all the vapes out there over the past 15 years, I haven't been this excited for a flower vape since the OG VapeXhale Cloud days!! :D

You should partner up with Hopper Labs! :brow:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
@biohacker one of our engineers developed it as a side project due to not being able to get batteries a few months ago, so he has been using it at least since then as a sole power source.
I’m mildly curious, and a portables guy and relative vape novice compared to many of you. It’s so good to have my Hopper back and working like new!:peace:

biohacker

@biohacker one of our engineers developed it as a side project due to not being able to get batteries a few months ago, so he has been using it at least since then as a sole power source.

That's incredible, this is huge news, and very innovative! Something Hopper Labs should have offered a loooong time ago. Thank you for the work that you guys do! :nod::bowdown:

slozukimc

That's incredible, this is huge news, and very innovative! Something Hopper Labs should have offered a loooong time ago. Thank you for the work that you guys do! :nod::bowdown:
I agree. This is awesome! I would love to use my spare Hopper as a designated desktop.

slozukimc,

slozukimc

For anyone with a Hopper and experience with many other vapes, desktop or portable - is there a better vape for micro dosing one hitters? This would mean a non-airy milky hit, and not interested in vapcap.
I know you said not a Vapcap but the Woodscents is really about the most efficient, smack you in the face vape for micro dosing I have encountered.

david8613

For anyone with a Hopper and experience with many other vapes, desktop or portable - is there a better vape for micro dosing one hitters? This would mean a non-airy milky hit, and not interested in vapcap.

have you tried any of mod box style vape? they are very powerful!

david8613,
Reactions: biohacker

MonkeyTime

@Hopper Labs , nice work on the batteries, big ups for being proactive!

I'm sure everyone will get it (that it applies to), but just saw an email from them asking to dispose of new ghb2, made in China, glossy wrapped batteries. They finish with saying that they'll replace them when verified replacements are available.

The less than positive news may be that we're waiting on batteries again?

Vaporific

Anyone get the HL email about the latest batteries. Holy shit! They want us to ditch them until they’re replaced:

Our records indicate that you were the recipient of a new GHB2 battery. Unfortunately due to a recent incident at Hopper Labs, and out of an abundance of caution, we are requiring that all of these batteries be removed from circulation. Read more here. This is a preemptive cautionary step at this time and we will inform you if that changes. Any battery with the following distinguishing marks should be disposed of immediately:

A glossy label with the marks "GHB2" and "Made in China".

To dispose of the battery safely please follow these steps:

1. Place the battery in a non-flammable material such as sand or kitty litter as soon as possible.
  2. For transport place the battery (one per bag) in a clear plastic bag and take it to your municipal household hazardous waste (HHW) recycling center, or equivalent facility. Do not place them in the trash.
Once the battery is remade or the safety has been fully re-certified to our satisfaction, we will replace these batteries free of charge. We are sorry that this precautionary step is required, but we do not take chances when it comes to customer safety.

Please contact support@grasshoppervape.com with any questions.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
"In the early morning hours of November 12th, 2019, a fire started at the Hopper Labs facility while no one was there. The fire was discovered at 6 AM when we arrived to start the day, and the fire department was immediately dispatched. Unfortunately, the fire had smoldered for several hours in the well-insulated building, allowing extremely high temperatures to be reached. These conditions resulted in the destruction of our custom equipment, completed inventory, warranty units, and untold numbers of in-progress parts.

We must temporarily halt sales while we determine the fastest path to restarting production. Over the past year, our small core team has been working tirelessly to clear the warranty backlog, finish in-progress accessories, and develop the next version of the Grasshopper which was slated to be released and shipped this December. This is a major setback, but we will continue our dream of building unique, innovative products for this great community.

Although the fire department has initially determined the cause of the fire to be an electrical issue in the building, out of an abundance of caution we feel that all customers who have received batteries from the newest batch (GHB2 with "Made in China" text on the glossy label) should discontinue use immediately, and that all customers should remember to never charge the device unattended, as stated in the manual. This is a preemptive cautionary step at this time and we will inform you if that changes. An email has been sent to all those who are presumed to have received new batteries with instructions for safely disposing of them.

We would like to thank Boulder Fire-Rescue for their fast and professional response, and for spending hours on the scene helping to assess the situation.

Please contact support@grasshoppervape.com with any questions."

MonkeyTime

Anyone get the HL email about the latest batteries. Holy shit! They want us to ditch them until they’re replaced:

Our records indicate that you were the recipient of a new GHB2 battery. Unfortunately due to a recent incident at Hopper Labs, and out of an abundance of caution, we are requiring that all of these batteries be removed from circulation. Read more here. This is a preemptive cautionary step at this time and we will inform you if that changes. Any battery with the following distinguishing marks should be disposed of immediately:

A glossy label with the marks "GHB2" and "Made in China".

To dispose of the battery safely please follow these steps:

1. Place the battery in a non-flammable material such as sand or kitty litter as soon as possible.
  2. For transport place the battery (one per bag) in a clear plastic bag and take it to your municipal household hazardous waste (HHW) recycling center, or equivalent facility. Do not place them in the trash.
Once the battery is remade or the safety has been fully re-certified to our satisfaction, we will replace these batteries free of charge. We are sorry that this precautionary step is required, but we do not take chances when it comes to customer safety.

Please contact support@grasshoppervape.com with any questions.
Ninja Monkeytime :ninja:

Vaporific

"In the early morning hours of November 12th, 2019, a fire started at the Hopper Labs facility while no one was there. The fire was discovered at 6 AM when we arrived to start the day, and the fire department was immediately dispatched. Unfortunately, the fire had smoldered for several hours in the well-insulated building, allowing extremely high temperatures to be reached. These conditions resulted in the destruction of our custom equipment, completed inventory, warranty units, and untold numbers of in-progress parts.

We must temporarily halt sales while we determine the fastest path to restarting production. Over the past year, our small core team has been working tirelessly to clear the warranty backlog, finish in-progress accessories, and develop the next version of the Grasshopper which was slated to be released and shipped this December. This is a major setback, but we will continue our dream of building unique, innovative products for this great community.

Although the fire department has initially determined the cause of the fire to be an electrical issue in the building, out of an abundance of caution we feel that all customers who have received batteries from the newest batch (GHB2 with "Made in China" text on the glossy label) should discontinue use immediately, and that all customers should remember to never charge the device unattended, as stated in the manual. This is a preemptive cautionary step at this time and we will inform you if that changes. An email has been sent to all those who are presumed to have received new batteries with instructions for safely disposing of them.

We would like to thank Boulder Fire-Rescue for their fast and professional response, and for spending hours on the scene helping to assess the situation.

Please contact support@grasshoppervape.com with any questions."
Yeah, i initially glossed over the link in the email but read it after your post. Thanks!

So that leaves me with two older barely functioning batts and the new ones are garbage (well, not literally but off to the town dump). Holy shit! Just when I was enjoying my RMA’d Ti, more rain on the parade...:peace:

EDIT: it doesn’t bode well either for anyone with current RMAs either. Just awful! My poor friend just sent his in last week too...

biohacker

@biohacker I believe I qualify to answer your question. No!

That's what I thought! Guess it's Hopper or nothing for me!

@maxvapor710 please count me in, regardless of the cost. All day!

Same here, ESPECIALLY in light of recent battery events! :doh:

Wow ... this battery thing seriously sucks @Hopper Labs ... after years of nothing working ... back to nothing working ...

:rofl:

Never a dull moment/drama with this one!

Top Bottom