Discontinued The Grasshopper

JoeKickass

I just discovered the best travel companion for the Grasshopper, the cooling coil from the Plenty:

I did a comparison test with this dry cooling coil vs. the F-Bomb / Pinnacle mini tube and there was no contest:
  • The mini water piece was better than hitting the hopper bare, but it still had me coughing after only 2 medium hits.
  • Somehow, the Plenty cooling coil consistently let me do long 15-20s hits without coughing at all!
I'm honestly astounded to be able to hit the Grasshopper dry, I tried that once when first got it and coughed for days. But this cooling coil just works, it's not quite as smooth as using a larger glass piece, but it's damn close and the flavor is amazing.

Downsides? The coil looks flexible, but it's mostly rigid and will break if you try to bend it too hard. Also, it will fit in a large jeans pocket but it's otherwise pretty big and conspicuous.

But I think this will be a great to use with my Grasshopper for 4/20 coming up, a lot of places are banning glass for safety reasons and this will be a great alternative! The $27 kit has everything to make it, but if you have your own 7/16" ID silicone tubing they also sell the coil by itself for only $13.

XeEdnOC.jpg

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Someone who has a dynavap coil should test it out in the Grasshopper.
I purchased one today and will report back when I am able to test it. I also want to test it with my E-Nano. Log vapes are still my favorite and the Grasshopper is still the closest thing I have found to a portable log vape, when it works that is.

It's turning out that "lifetime" actually is "lifetime minus about a year."
∞-1=∞

The math is correct.

:dog:

Rel2018

1. Are you guys receiving marketing emails with coupon codes for accessories from HL?

2. Anyone here purchased a new hopper in the past month?

Thanks.

Rel2018,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Just got my GH back from warranty and it still doesn't work very well. Going to red and getting cop lights on some hits. Possibly just shitty batteries?

I think I'm going to write this vape/company off

Catweasel

The batteries are a huge wall for me, the site still says they don't expect to have ANY for sale for 3-4 months from now. That's absolutely ridiculous. The price already feels high compared to what they originally cost, but now you can't even get them period.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
1. Are you guys receiving marketing emails with coupon codes for accessories from HL?
it’s been a long time since I’ve received a promo code from them for anything.

The batteries are a huge wall for me, the site still says they don't expect to have ANY for sale for 3-4 months from now. That's absolutely ridiculous. The price already feels high compared to what they originally cost, but now you can't even get them period.
This is usual BS from them. Supply chain issue strikes again! How can one operated the unit without them?? They are beyond pathetic at this point.:peace:

Just got my GH back from warranty and it still doesn't work very well. Going to red and getting cop lights on some hits. Possibly just shitty batteries?

Try a thorough cleaning including all threads. It could be batteries if they’ve been sitting around too long but they should hold some charge if they weren’t that old. Sorry to hear this. I’m anxiously awaiting my RMA for 6 months and it will be another 3-5 months they say :( :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron23

Shit...how long was in RMA purgatory?

Baron23,

Vaporific

There's been quite a few interesting comments on Instagram lately

wjfjfo.jpg
Thanks for the info. Interesting perhaps, amusing too perhaps yet apologies and excuses are old hat. “Strategic personnel” sounds promising but I won’t hold my breath. The current RMA backlog and the percentage of those coming back not working well or at all, and now a severe battery supply issue and recent price increase thereof, doesn’t sit well. It’s like the boat is still listing and will never right itself.:peace:

MoltenTiger

Thanks for the info. Interesting perhaps, amusing too perhaps yet apologies and excuses are old hat. “Strategic personnel” sounds promising but I won’t hold my breath. The current RMA backlog and the percentage of those coming back not working well or at all, and now a severe battery supply issue and recent price increase thereof, doesn’t sit well. It’s like the boat is still listing and will never right itself.:peace:
Never hold your breath waiting on HL!

Maninthemachine

Maybe try putting it in the freezer? If still stuck try giving it a gentle bonk on something with a little give, like a wood cutting board. Send them an email if you can't get it to budge.
So the situation is ..the battery that’s in there .. on the the - end the plastic covering has been exposed and is helping hold the battery in place. And it just won’t budge !! :razz:
Freezer won’t damage the body/internals ?

Maninthemachine,

MoltenTiger

So the situation is ..the battery that’s in there .. on the the - end the plastic covering has been exposed and is helping hold the battery in place. And it just won’t budge !! :razz:

You could try attaching a strong magnet to the back of the battery and pulling it out from there..

If you decide to freeze it, consider placing it in a sealed bag before hand. This will help reduce trapped condensation. Once removed, make sure to allow some time for it to warm back up and dry out before powering it back on.
If you have compressed air give it a quick blast to be sure, again allow it to warm back up before engaging the heater.
It should be fine without any precautions, but hard to know, especially with the heater. I don't think anyone has ever posted it's geometry, but they're not the most durable things going

Vaporific

Tweezers or needle nose pliers? At this point I wouldn’t be concerned about further damaging the battery unless it’s your only one. Just be careful not to scratch the inside of the unit. It’s never happened to me. Good luck!:peace:

Maninthemachine

Tweezers or needle nose pliers? At this point I wouldn’t be concerned about further damaging the battery unless it’s your only one. Just be careful not to scratch the inside of the unit. It’s never happened to me. Good luck!:peace:
Oh yeh not concerned at all about the battery haha,no risk of the battery exploding if I use metal pliers or similar ?

Maninthemachine,
Reactions: Vaporific

MoltenTiger

Oh yeh not concerned at all about the battery haha,no risk of the battery exploding if I use metal pliers or similar ?
Very minimal risk. It might be tricky to get a grip though.

If it's really especially stuck in there, I bet you could remove the chamber from the body and then push the battery through.

I'd use dish gloves (to protect the device) and a couple of grips or pliers, a vise if you have one

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

You could try squeezing some dental floss down the tube with a thin object (if there's enough room between batt and body) and "lasso" the floss around the front/positive end of the batt. Don't need to get a loop around it but just enough floss to get over the front lip of the batt.

Maninthemachine

You could try squeezing some dental floss down the tube with a thin object (if there's enough room between batt and body) and "lasso" the floss around the front/positive end of the batt. Don't need to get a loop around it but just enough floss to get over the front lip of the batt.
I LOVE what we can figure out ..and it’s happens around a challenge. So amazing. Seriously that’s a good Idea. Might not have enough room between but will try for sure :) thanks friend.

Vaporific

I LOVE what we can figure out ..and it’s happens around a challenge. So amazing. Seriously that’s a good Idea. Might not have enough room between but will try for sure :) thanks friend.
They do make floss loops (I have them) if regular floss won’t work. Any pharmacy carries them. They’re typically blue. Good luck & hope you extricate the battery!:peace:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
You could try and cut an aluminum can into a flat sheet of aluminum. It might be thin enough to slide in around the battery. Then try and cone it like a funnel around the battery to grip the plastic sheath of the battery. The aluminum should be strong enough to get a good grip on it but thin enough to slide in. I haven't had this issue, but just trying to think outside the box for a solution

Top Bottom