Discontinued The Grasshopper

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
So my questions still remain and I'll ask them again (I'm not being argumentative at all and just trying to get to the basis of facts so much that we know or infer from what we've seen):

1. Is the new Chamber part going out with new orders?
2. Are RMAs sent in with 3 parts like mine coming back with the new Chamber part, or is this on a case-by-case basis?

Happy Sunday to all. I need more coffee... :peace:

Happy Sunday to you too mate!
I've also sent them an email related to this new style body so let's hope that they'll clarify that..

A friend of mine that purchased a 2nd SS from vaposhop few weeks ago, who told him that its the new batch of hoppers, cannot get the chamber apart but the hopper itself hits quite well even on 1.5 on the dial as he told me.
So either the hoppers that vaposhop has are not of the latest updated ones or mine should not come apart or this only applies on Ti units(?)... I don't know what to say... Only HL can confirm all those questions that have risen now....

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Happy Sunday to you too mate!
I've also sent them an email related to this new style body so let's hope that they'll clarify that..

A friend of mine that purchased a 2nd SS from vaposhop few weeks ago, who told him that its the new batch of hoppers, cannot get the chamber apart but the hopper itself hits quite well even on 1.5 on the dial as he told me.
So either the hoppers that vaposhop has are not of the latest updated ones or mine should not come apart or this only applies on Ti units(?)... I don't know what to say... Only HL can confirm all those questions that have risen now....
Please do relay any info you receive from HL about this. OR if anyone has definitive, conclusive info directly from HL as to what they're currently doing - either with brand new units or RMAs - or plan to do involving the "Chamber" piece or part, or whatever we're calling it. And PLEASE discount the micro electronic pieces or components which are the guts of the unit (well, at least the Chamber piece; no telling what's in the backend but let's refer to the backend in it's entirey for now since I don't recall reading about anyone trying to break this down or seeing any pictures of the internals of the backend).

Sometimes keeping it simple and using the same jargon helps - me and everyone else :).

My pre-order Ti has been in RMA since September. It was shipped in July '16 as 3 pieces. Again, unless I did a technical breakdown the chamber is/was fixed inside the 'bottom' of the body adjacent to the frontend with NO WAY to unscrew it or remove it from the body. Now comes along the Chamber piece which I'm concerned about if that's what they'll send me when I didn't have one before.

I think I'm going to poke the bear again, i.e. write them again within the span of a few days inquiring abou my RMA status. They haven't replied yet to my earlier message. Go figure! :peace:

Vaporific,

guyonthecouch

If you bothered to read the previous posts in the thread you would've found your answers. It's not a new part or design. Yes, usually they are always threaded together and are inseparable.

Last edited:
guyonthecouch,

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
If you bothered to read the previous posts in the thread you would've found your answers. It's not a new part or design. Yes, usually they are always threaded together and are inseparable.

politeness dude... no need to be offensive in a 900+ page thread for someone that has not read every singe damn post.... on the contrary, you could have pointed us out those answers and contribute to the specific matter... :)
and yes, this is new... and obviously not everyone is a member of FC and HL has not made any official announcement about this one...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
politeness dude... no need to be offensive in a 900+ page thread for someone that has not read every singe damn post....
Nor is it your job to moderate the thread. There's a 'report' button if you think someone is out of line.

@Vaporific , a couple of folks have pointed out (very recently, part of this discussion) that this construction is nothing new. No extra 'new' parts.
One hopper happens to come apart; this is the evidence to date, correct? Am I missing something? What is all the fuss?

guyonthecouch

politeness dude... no need to be offensive in a 900+ page thread for someone that has not read every singe damn post.... on the contrary, you could have pointed us out those answers and contribute to the specific matter... :)
and yes, this is new... and obviously not everyone is a member of FC and HL has not made any official announcement about this one...
I'm not talking about reading the whole thread..
@MoltenTiger answered your questions almost immediately in his posts following your posts/pics. Literally all on the previous page..

@Vaporific keeps posting the same "sky is falling!!" positivity and asking for his questions to be answered. I suggested he read the previous posts..

if you want to take part in the convo at least read the posts.. no??

Anyways, it's cool to finally be able to see in the heater area. Guess you can put an end to the question of if there's any wires hiding in there?

Would be sweet to have access to this area for maintenance purposes, was your air intake area all grimed up?

Last edited:

Vaporific

Hey, thanks! Full disclosure in my defense, I've read pages 1-245 and like 870 to present day. And I don't recall any formal announcement by HL regarding this new 'thing' and when and with what they're sending them out. I could be wrong since I did miss a chunk of pages but I also get their newsletters (seldom as of late too).

Glad you agree with me that you didn't see any HL announcement. I'm however not taking sides and reading herein for more information - as well as contributing as best I can.

But they are now, correct? I would consider this new if not different from the orginal design. It's one more piece of the device that can now, readily, be undone when it wasn't originally - or at least from my unit's perspective.

It's all pretty interesting, but this RMA with a removable chamber section isn't a huge deal. It kind of seems useful, but I think depending on how easily it moves, it's probably not desirable for the end user.
If you're referring to this, is this a one-off or are all RMAs coming back this way or perhaps those with some common root cause (RCCA)? Or even new devices? Those are my myriad of questions and I don't believe MoltenTiger's post answers them (I do appreciate the conversation and pics! - and the reviews from those who have these separated pieces).

Cheers. :peace:

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

Hey, thanks! Full disclosure in my defense, I've read pages 1-245 and like 870 to present day. And I don't recall any formal announcement by HL regarding this new 'thing' and when and with what they're sending them out. I could be wrong since I did miss a chunk of pages but I also get their newsletters (seldom as of late too).

Glad you agree with me that you didn't see any HL announcement. I'm however not taking sides and reading herein for more information - as well as contributing as best I can.

But they are now, correct? I would consider this new if not different from the original design. It's one more piece of the device that can now, readily, be undone when it wasn't originally - or at least from my unit's perspective.

Cheers. :peace:
No, incorrect. They have always been "locked" in place and the new units should be sealed as well. Seems as if Voodoo's unit wasn't sealed properly is my guess.

HL didn't announce anything because there's nothing to announce :tup:

Hoey420

Since 2016 my ti hopper chamber is loose to body tube but i didn't take it apart til the ss replacement body died on me , took the ss chamber off the body tube found some pink thread locking loctite on ss hopper chamber thread so the ti is missing loctite hence it's loose.

Hope this clears up something.

I got 3 hoppers 1 dead 1 half dead ( low preforms) and 1 ordered in March last year got it last November .

Thanks to the Vape god that I am still hoppering since August 2016!

Hoppering on guys and gals :peace:

Last edited:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Nor is it your job to moderate the thread. There's a 'report' button if you think someone is out of line.

no moderation here man.. just a kind suggestion..we're here cause we share sth in common. No reason to report someone for such incident.. :)

No, incorrect. They have always been "locked" in place and the new units should be sealed as well. Seems as if Voodoo's unit wasn't sealed properly is my guess.

HL didn't announce anything because there's nothing to announce :tup:

that's what I'm afraid HL will tell me..the fact that fiddling with the chamber can affect the draw or even the battery's performance, does not make it very customer friendly.. weird stuff.. the least that can be said..

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Screenshot2019021722.png

Hoping mine is part of this batch being sent out.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I do not want to seem bold or call bad luck but ... you is not afraid of fail GH :bang: and to send them away for RMA for a long time :shrug:.... I enter from time to time to this thread with the hope of adding good experiences to Encourage me to ask for mine :bowdown:...

the greatest of luck for your GH :tup:
I'm not sure I completely understand what you meant here but if you were asking if I'm scared the company will fail while they have my RMA unit then the answer is no. I think if HL was going to go bankrupt and close up shop it would've happened already. But even if they do my Grasshopper was a paper weight so I wouldn't be losing much.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
HL came back to me and informed me that this is not normal and they advised me to open a new RMA in order to send me another replacement body.

So if anyone wonders if the chamber should be comong apart,
NO IT SHOULD NOT! AND DO NOT TRY REMOVING IT! :)

Looking closer on the chamber's threads it can be seen that there is a spot that it looks like it was not threaded properly on the main body metal part.
Oh well.. the only comforting thing is that during the time of the replacement, I'll have a semi-faulty unit to remind myself how cool and powerful the GH is...

Whissmu

I'm not sure I completely understand what you meant here but if you were asking if I'm scared the company will fail while they have my RMA unit then the answer is no. I think if HL was going to go bankrupt and close up shop it would've happened already. But even if they do my Grasshopper was a paper weight so I wouldn't be losing much.

forgive my bad English :shit:...
apart I misunderstood him :bang:-> I understoodthat; you was buying a new one, not expecting yours from an RMA :doh:

I do not suffer from strong VAS, but this vaporizer always i like and now I consider can to the have one even for a limited time (until I have to repair it and take an RMA)

exists functional GH for a long use time and without defects? or only those that never come out of the box work forever?

--I wish you a perfect GH with a long life of use--

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
forgive my bad English :shit:...
apart I misunderstood him :bang:-> I understoodthat; you was buying a new one, not expecting yours from an RMA :doh:

I do not suffer from strong VAS, but this vaporizer always i like and now I consider can to the have one even for a limited time (until I have to repair it and take an RMA)

exists functional GH for a long use time and without defects? or only those that never come out of the box work forever?

--I wish you a perfect GH with a long life of use--
If you do buy one just go into it EXPECTING to have to RMA eventually and it will be a lot less disappointing if/when it happens. It's an absolutely incredible vape if you can deal with all the crap that comes along with it :lol:

Also I got a tracking number and my (hopefully fully repaired) Grasshopper is officially in USPS possession. :rockon:

If it actually works when I receive it this will be the first time HL has under promised and over delivered instead of the exact opposite.

Last edited:

snaffle

I've been enjoying being outside more lately, as the (weak) winter sun has been shining brightly a lot. I have taken my vapcap out a fair bit, but the lack of stealth in using, particularly in winter as I need a bigger lighter and more time to heat it, has had me thinking wistfully back to my GH. I hadn't used it much for a while, as I enjoy my vapcap so much, but I think it's time to bust it out and take it adventuring (not anywhere that it could get damaged, but walking through fields in a case in coat pocket it'll be just fine).

I recently ordered a new standard frontend, which was delivered super speedily. Unfortunately they sent a PFE mistakenly, but they got back to me promptly and are sending a new standard frontend and said i could keep the PFE, which is very nice. But, I don't need two. Anyone on here in the UK want a PFE? It's good to share :)

I was interested to hear that @voodoo_vape's heater assembly could be removed, cool to know it's screwed in there. Albeit (normally) held fast. But it's nice to have a better sense of how the body fits together (obvious, I suppose, but it's cool to see).

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I must say that I've been a bit of an experimental user so far :p some time ago, maybe some of you guys here will remember that, I had revived my GH by 'bathing' it into alcohol! I had inserted the body facing downwards just before the holes that the LEDs are and it had actually worked...my hopper lived an extra 5-month time ish..
Now I get to show you the inner parts of it, and wish to all of you that this will be your one and only chance to take a look in a chamber itself, even from a photo.. :p

StormLoaded

I recently ordered a new standard frontend, which was delivered super speedily. Unfortunately they sent a PFE mistakenly, but they got back to me promptly and are sending a new standard frontend and said i could keep the PFE, which is very nice. But, I don't need two. Anyone on here in the UK want a PFE? It's good to share :).

me and my OG grasshopper would love to take you up on that offer if still available?! i tend to use my GH through the puck mainly.. the condom gets a bit slippy now! really should give the PFE a go :)
how much was it? happy to pay half - can send crypto (to maintain your anonymity)

4BrSZrPm.jpg

snaffle

me and my OG grasshopper would love to take you up on that offer if still available?! i tend to use my GH through the puck mainly.. the condom gets a bit slippy now! really should give the PFE a go :)
how much was it? happy to pay half - can send crypto (to maintain your anonymity)

Groovy, I sent you a PM :)

What do you mean "through the puck"?

Vaporific

Apropos of nothing: HL replied to my two recent inquiries about my RMA status, now nearing its 5th month in Purgatory. They're working as fast as they can. That's basically all they said. I did call them out about how they're working their queue and RMA backlog since some have received their RMAs faster and more recent than when I sent mine in (and others before and longer waiting time than me), but that wasn't addressed by them. The waiting continues...:peace:

Top Bottom