• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

grokit

well-worn member
I gotta say that my new gen5 unit seems rock solid. It started out a bit less aggressively-tuned than my og green ti unit. Like to get to the level of my old one at four, I had to start out at around 4.5 with the new one. But a few weeks later it's breaking in nicely... I'm now using it at 3.5 with the same results. Hopefully it's settled down to where it will stay, and will stay working well like this for a good long while. I have a good feeling about this one lol. If hopper labs can get through their repair backlog with the new parts, it could finally be smooth sailing for this company. If they fix my green one as good I'll even order a charger!

:science:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
They claim to have gotten through 97 warranty claims today. I don't believe they actually did but if so that's promising.

gKFc2zL.png

MoltenTiger

They claim to have gotten through 97 warranty claims today. I don't believe they actually did but if so that's promising.

gKFc2zL.png
Well, USPS is a better indication for clearing RMAs, but that automation is cool to see.
I'd imagine 100 throughput is a big improvement over the last few months.

Pretty happy about all this, I'll be sending a couple units back in due time for them to crank the temps up and to get my engraving done.
The laser CNC system has been offline for some time and won't be set up for a few weeks.
Hoppers are the shit, fucking love all mine. Changed my life.

Glad to see production ramping back up

MoltenTiger

Mine has been rock solid since my last RMA maybe 8 to 10 months ago. I just think they are a dishonest shady company and I don't like the way they do business. Some of their marketing is shameful.
their marketing is super minimal. They rely on a fool and his money, and as a start up - they've killed it.

It's not perfection, far from it. But it's a hell of an effort and nothing to be ashamed about, quite the contrary. I mean, it's probably the best unique product I own. Albeit I'd struggle to think of anything else, I have a lot of quality generic gear. The sub is up there, but it's a very basic thing. A glorified soldering iron.

Everything could, and should, be a lot better for consumers, but name one company who would care about them? Do yourselves a favour and realise the shadows prove the sunshine.

I'm still waiting on some other shady motherfuckers to launch a product that actually competes. It's simply not happening, and that's the only reason HL still have a leg in the race.

MoltenTiger

From this post it sounds like you need to lodge one right now.
Haha, fair, and maybe, but the current one is still open whilst the unit is yet to be engraved, it's still working. I'm not too concerned as I already have planned on sending it back within some months, once they've let me know the engraving is online. But it's something that I claimed to expect to be doing as soon as I received it and had the exact experience as every other time pretty well.

My point was actually orienting the fact that, as if there's even 97 candidates to be making claims given the previous 450 days. You guys aren't even experiencing the worst that HL have managed and act below those who have.

I guess they thought I was hustling them before, on my third unanswered "what's up" (after being told it was thought to be completed in 10 days back in October) I just get shipment tracking details via auto email in January. It's unheard of to be dealing with shit like this with an end-user product - but as I've always said, there's nothing to compare it to so why care about necessary waiting and problems.

So my unit is already going back to the labs, and I've already said to them to see what's up in the ongoing RMA stream and asked them to recalibrate my HT which I might send back with the Ti backend, keeping a full unit here. Their CS is ample, at least it's never caused me any real stresses.

My linked post also describes the blue unit working on par with my other two. So, it's not broken at all. I'm using it right now.

Like Grokit's it's fluctuated, just back to normal from super. I'm not really put out by it, but I wish for a portable pen like that every day I don't have it.
The blue unit used to work producing super dark ABV like a post-click Dynavap.
Now all my ABV is indistinguishable and nicely convectioned, between all my convection vapes running the same temps. I'm still getting blazed, so my complaints are petty.

I need to get some new coils for the stem pod to recreate/poorly immitate super vaping portably now, and/or RMA my TUBOx - no big deal. Super vaping is strictly temporary, bare no exception. There are natural laws that dictate such bullshit. Can't rely on a GH to do it, but it'll do it again before the years out and that's pretty alright with me. Maybe 2/3 will be super and ramped up to 235 Celsius

The Focus Vape Aero is looking pretty solid, and is pretty much what a lot of people chirp on about wanting from hopper labs as they don't understand the tech.
It's nicely engineered, and they've got a couple other USB-C vapes coming out this year which will be worth keeping an eye on as a possible not-quite-GH-but-better-than-Fury2 options

Last edited:
MoltenTiger,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I honestly am surprised they are still in business
Me too. I hope we all get our RMAs back before any potential closure. I shudder to think what will happen if they do go belly up and they’re still sitting on RMAs. I hope it doesn’t get to that point though, not that I’m rooting for them but rather for my RMA’d unit and its return in working order. One can hold their breath only so long...:peace:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I hate to write this post. But I have since given up on the hopper. Mine works. And I'm at temp 2. And it roasts to the max. I have 4 GHB2's.

I barely use it anymore. I'm just so disappointed with the company and the run around I got last year. And frankly, even though this hopper gets super hot, the magic has been lost on me. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just huge disappointment.

Edit: Also, the fact that the batteries are proprietary and have increased in cost by almost 50% leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but my hopper that I just sent in a couple weeks ago that I was quoted a 3 to 6 month estimate on is now in "final testing" and I was asked to confirm my address before they ship it back. I'm not going to even get my own hopes up until I actually have a tracking number but things may be looking up for ol Hopper Labs.

196806.png

Last edited:

btka

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but my hopper that I just sent in a couple weeks ago that I was quoted a 3 to 6 month estimate on is now in "final testing" and I was asked to confirm my address before they ship it back. I'm not going to even get my own hopes up until I actually have a tracking number but things may be looking up for ol Hopper Labs.

196806.png
my hopper is more then one year at hopperlabs... and the rma status did not change it says hopper arrived...

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
my hopper is more then one year at hopperlabs... and the rma status did not change it says hopper arrived...
They probably forgot about you and you need to make some noise. I saw on their IG people saying they placed orders a year ago that they still haven't received and HL told them to contact them as all orders should have shipped.

Being quiet gets you absolutely nowhere dealing with hopper labs.

btka

They probably forgot about you and you need to make some noise. I saw on their IG people saying they placed orders a year ago that they still haven't received and HL told them to contact them as all orders should have shipped.

Being quiet gets you absolutely nowhere dealing with hopper labs.

I wrote them on december 29th 2018 and they told me:
"We are doing our best to get this to you as soon as possible. There is a large backlog as we were forced to stop producing critical heating components with our past manufacturer due to production problems leading to failure in the field. Bringing these processes in-house took over 7 months and created a service backlog that we are now working through. This has made the wait much longer than the normal two weeks and we are working as fast as possible to perform these upgrades on backlogged devices. The service and upgrades are free but do take time as we have only in the last two months started to return devices. Our past estimations were too optimistic and we will now be issuing drastically conservative time estimates. For May devices we currently estimate 2-4 months. Again sorry for the long wait."

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I wrote them on december 29th 2018 and they told me:
"We are doing our best to get this to you as soon as possible. There is a large backlog as we were forced to stop producing critical heating components with our past manufacturer due to production problems leading to failure in the field. Bringing these processes in-house took over 7 months and created a service backlog that we are now working through. This has made the wait much longer than the normal two weeks and we are working as fast as possible to perform these upgrades on backlogged devices. The service and upgrades are free but do take time as we have only in the last two months started to return devices. Our past estimations were too optimistic and we will now be issuing drastically conservative time estimates. For May devices we currently estimate 2-4 months. Again sorry for the long wait."
I'd shoot them a message asking why people who have been waiting only 3 weeks max are getting this message while you're not.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'd shoot them a message asking why people who have been waiting only 3 weeks max are getting this message while you're not.
No kidding! I'm going to do the same soon. This is BS and they're probably baked all day long they're so inconstent with EVERYTHING. They may be engineers, some of them anyway, but they don't have too many brain cells among them on how to run a business. It's really BS!

OK, I gotta take a deep breath - and maybe a hit - before I write them soon...:peace:

Now you get to wait a couple weeks for a reply...maybe. Good ol Hopper Labs.
No kidding! :peace::peace::peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
soooo.... GH has been resurrected once again....!!! Replacement body arrived two days ago in the mail and my two last nights have been really really cloudy... Daaamn you HL!!!! It's a love and hate relationship all the way.... It has been so long since my last GH sessions that I had forgotten how good and powerful this lovely thing is.....
It's really interesting though what I've seen with the new-gen(?) body that was delivered... The chamber can be unscrewed now and the circuit is attached on the bottom of the chamber... I haven't sent an email to HL to ask them if this is supposed to be like that, but now you can just 'adjust' how tight it is attached on the battery.. So if the blue light flickers while drawing, you can tight it up a bit and it becomes solid.. If you screw it really tight then it won't work at all.. I don't know how good this is or not, but my GH gives me huge clouds even on temp.2 now.....!!

Something else that does not remind me how the GH used to be is the battery drain, that takes place much faster now and I'm not sure if this is due to the batteries or the new body that I've received. Another friend of mine will be bringing his batteries over tonight so I can test it.

Anyone having similar experience with a body replacement? It can't be just me.... I'll email HL and ask them about this as well and will get back when I have news..

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Huh? Can you post a pic? Did they suddenly make a design change with the replacement parts? Is it still 3 parts - backend, body and frontend - or is there another in your unit? Perplexing with HL as usual. Just no rhyme or reason with them...:peace:

i ll try and post an image.. so its the backend, the body, the chamber and the front end.. all can come apart... the chamber can be removed as if the metal part fits in the main body just after the battery....

ps: could someone plz suggest a free image hosting service?

Top Bottom