Discontinued The Grasshopper

GrandWazoo

I'm sure there's no consensus on this, but I'd like to ask what most people jump to when they've given up on their GH.

I've had one of mine in warranty repair for the better part of a year, and now my second one has died (lights go straight to blue). HL sent a "fix" to try (compressed air over the heat sensor) but it did no good. I suppose I've nothing to lose by sending it in for a warranty repair, but realistically, what I can expect is not to have anything for an indeterminate time. That just strikes me as ridiculous. I think we're all agreed that there's nothing like a GH when it works, but since they _mostly don't_ I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts about a reasonable second choice. Thanks!

I got 4 RMA, the last one they received on 05 May, so it's 7 months. It's not an incredible or difficult to fix issue because it's a little piece of metal broken in the back end, I thought to have it on holydays, it's about Christmas... Anyway, curious to see when my GH comes back, got a good remembrance of it but damn, got a very good second choice which is the Omnivap. Love it since first sight. It's not so stealthy but very efficient and no issues at all. If I have to stay away from home and have to decide one to take with, that's the one: no batteries, very small and lot lot powerful! Plus Cmon, who of you boys will take the risk to travel abroad with only a GH? If you want to test what I'm saying simple surf the various forums of this wonderful and useful site. Most of them have hundreds of pages magnifying theyr beautiful vapes, people swearing that they got the best and here ? pages and pages of issues. I sayd it long time ago: if also the best fans of GH are serching an alternative, that means game over. Got a life warranty? Ok, thake my RMA and when ready give it back, but I will not invest a buck anymore this side.

DelaSheck

I am scheduled to get mine back tonight. I had my 3rd RMA received back to me about about a month ago, and like you, it didn't work properly, just wispy clouds. I had to send it right back.

I'm not exactly confident it will work and expect I will have to send it back again. I did love this thing for the quick hit ability.

Well, I received it last night and WOW, I forgot what a beast this thing is when it's working properly. It's making huge clouds at 3 (after the first draw). Though after using my Tera and M for the past few months, I have forgotten how damn hot the vapor is. I will have to get used to it again. I'm not able to take more than 5-10 second draws as the heat builds up too much plus it's just too much vapor for me to take.

It's still a perfect vape for out and about to have in your pocket - a quick hit and boom, done in 10 seconds. Obviously, I still don't trust it but only time will tell. The Tera (with Arizer bent stem) will still be my first option with the Grasshopper being my quick option or on the go. The M is also the quick option when I want to get extra faded. I think the M is the hardest hitting while using the least flower, it always surprises me.

I'm sure there's no consensus on this, but I'd like to ask what most people jump to when they've given up on their GH.

I've had one of mine in warranty repair for the better part of a year, and now my second one has died (lights go straight to blue). HL sent a "fix" to try (compressed air over the heat sensor) but it did no good. I suppose I've nothing to lose by sending it in for a warranty repair, but realistically, what I can expect is not to have anything for an indeterminate time. That just strikes me as ridiculous. I think we're all agreed that there's nothing like a GH when it works, but since they _mostly don't_ I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts about a reasonable second choice. Thanks!

It's not out yet, but Lil' Bud Elite is coming out soon, from what I have read it's the same as the Lil' Bud, but it's regulated. I would love it, but it's a bit too pricey at $300 (though as they are all hand made, I would say it's worth it).

Last edited by a moderator:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

I use my cloud evo for home use and a mighty for on the go.

elykpeace

exVASted
Fury 2 is a disappointment after owning the GH. And did not like how huge the mighty was. The lil bud is nice but the lil bud elite will have the regulation in order to get consistent results.

We need this guy to make a vape and then bless with gift upon gift.. but wait there's more!

419331157_1203124.gif

Baron23

Wow that sucks .

Out of curiosity, does hopper labs comment on this thread ?
Hopper Labs doesn't comment anywhere. Hopper Labs does not, IMO, directly engage in conversations with their customers.....they just publish BS month blog emails.

I had customers....if we didn't listen and discuss with our customers we would have been very quickly out of busines.

These guys need to take Business 101 at the local community college....I hardly know what more to say about them.

If you think I'm too harsh on them...check out what others think as reflected in their BBB profile:

https://www.bbb.org/us/co/boulder/profile/online-retailer/grasshopper-labs-llc-0885-90245195

nonbeliever

I love my LIl Bud.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I would consider a Splinter, Splinter Z or a Lil Bud. All are great but not in a pen format. My Grasshopper works perfectly these days. Run it on 5 as long as I want and no combustion. Still I prefer those other vapes. The Grasshopper gets used regularly and is enjoyed immensely but I don't agree that a working Hopper is necessary the best. It's up there but there are others.
Thanks for these suggestions. I just pre-ordered a Splinter V1 at a very reasonable price (I found a huge discount coupon!).
I like the ideas of supplying your own (regulated) power, 4 sec heat-up, full convection, glass mp, and potential for great reliability.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Does anyone else feel like this company isn’t going to make it much longer? Can’t ship accessories. Can’t ship things in a timely manner. Etc. Etc.

I have absolutely no knowledge, but doesn’t seem good when you send back customers dented parts that weren’t theirs originally, and shit.

Anyhow, what they should do, seriously, is hire Seibo from VapeXhale. Wow, he got rid of his FC account. That’s surprising.

Anyhow that’s just my 2 cents.

elykpeace

exVASted
Does anyone else feel like this company isn’t going to make it much longer? Can’t ship accessories. Can’t ship things in a timely manner. Etc. Etc.

I have absolutely no knowledge, but doesn’t seem good when you send back customers dented parts that weren’t theirs originally, and shit.

Anyhow, what they should do, seriously, is hire Seibo from VapeXhale. Wow, he got rid of his FC account. That’s surprising.

Anyhow that’s just my 2 cents.

Seibo is moving the company it's now Hanu labs https://hanulabs.com/

Maybe he is making a new handle now?

I need to get a cloud Evo to compare. If the GH is comparable to Evo in clouds and flavor it would be good to have a plug in hopper

elykpeace,
Reactions: KidFated.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Seibo is moving the company it's now Hanu labs https://hanulabs.com/

Maybe he is making a new handle now?

I need to get a cloud Evo to compare. If the GH is comparable to Evo in clouds and flavor it would be good to have a plug in hopper

My grasshopper (at least this one I got, tastes like shit), even at a level before 2.

My Evo is king. Always has been, always will be :-). The flavor is top notch in the Evo.

Not a big fan of the Hanu Stone. Looks like a Pax Era type thing where they sell pre-filled carts. Doesn't help in non legal states.

elykpeace

exVASted
My grasshopper (at least this one I got, tastes like shit), even at a level before 2.

My Evo is king. Always has been, always will be :-). The flavor is top notch in the Evo.

Not a big fan of the Hanu Stone. Looks like a Pax Era type thing where they sell pre-filled carts. Doesn't help in non legal states.
Bummer. On 2?! I have 3 now because I couldn't stand not having mine when it went off to be warrantied

Might ask santa for an Evo

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
You think it's an oven or backend issue?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry for laughing. Before this one they sent me, they had sent me 3 bodies and a dented backend (not the same backend I sent). Now, the backend is even more dented, and it's still the same (because I used sand paper on the contact as recommended here), and it came back exactly the same. So this is body 4, and the same dented backend.

Who knows what the hell is going on. The lights flicker every time i take a hit. I have no doubt it's gonna break again.

The funny thing is, 6 years ago, this story is very similar to what happened to my Cloud. However, the company really really really turned it around, and they made the Evo which is stupid reliable. I had mine for 4 years and it never broke (except when I broke the bamboo myself). I bought myself another one, and got the other one fixed, so now I have two Evo's.

The Grasshopper used to be good for me, but even this last one I got, doesn't seem the same, or right. I don't know, maybe I'm just completely disillusioned already.

Last edited:

mulciber

I wonder if they arent having cash flow problems. Slow shipping new orders, slow RMAs, slow accessories, re-use of used parts?

Right now they seem to have trouble even answering simple mail. I'm afraid it's not looking good for them at the moment.

In fact, I just picked up a MIQRO because it's unclear I'll have anything ultraportable for a while with 2 GHs in the great beyond.

Top Bottom