1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. eideal852

eideal852 Well-Known Member

Hey, question for you, hope you'll respond here, as I've not had much luck on reddit. Your (my) blue Ti; prior to sale, did you have doubts of it's hardiness? Would you have sent, as it was in at some point? I'm trying to ascertain if, in addition to acting a fool (won't turn off, won't turn on, needs the plunger twisted, unscrew rescrew general pain in the assedness) it also runs on the cool side.

Any light you can shine on your feelings for you old boy would be appreciated..

2. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

If your questioning the "hardiness" I would say sent it in ... But I have a SS that runs colder then my Ti and I wouldn't personally send it in unless it wasn't working at all. My ti is hot tamales and I keep it at 4.

Dang I can still edit:

3 v5 hopper bodies
    so far :bang::rockon:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  3. Cheesequake

Cheesequake MDE Never Dies

It ran cooler than some but every hopper I've ever owned has been different.

4. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

This thread is depressing ... :(

My Ti hopper's still working fine since last RMA (the 5th? 10th? 15th? ... somewhere in there). My SS hopper came back from last RMA (pre v5) not getting hot enough, crazy flickering ... you know the usual ... I can't be bothered to send it back yet ... I've been dragging my heels, sorta' following this thread and hoping for a turning of the tides ...

Every time this thread gives me a glimmer of hope, within weeks it seems to be back to the same ole' fucked Hoppers :(

5. Vaporific

Vaporific All who wander are not lost...

Amen! Little if any good news lately from Hopperville.

JCat likes this.
  6. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Most depressing FC thread by far. Same shit, different day.

JCat, KidFated., Al.. and 1 other person like this.
  7. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

...besides of the CCA thread.

8. eideal852

eideal852 Well-Known Member

That's why I ask, I've only ever used the one ( I'm not even asking from a "what the hell man" place; it's worked plenty well, plenty long enough, and grasshoppers in general carry such a buyer beware vibe)
    Im mostly asking whether YOU found it to be on the cool side, or if anything about it triggered any "better sell it or service it" feels for you...

JCat likes this.
  9. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

Just wanted to update . Had my hopper fixed and spare body sent out in a timely fashion. 110 bucks but now it's looking pretty good. I test out the other body and it works great as well SS (3rd hopper recently purchased runs colder and the older ti that was repaired runs hot the spare body seems "just right"

Overall I'm happy for now so

Thank you hopper labs? :uhoh::freak::love:Lol

10. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

My v5 ti has been all over the place. Sometimes it doesn’t even heat up. I fiddle with it and then boom. But sometimes it gets too hot and I’ve combusted. I do think my super fine grind did have a play clogging up the mp so I’ll update more when I reup tomorrow

JCat and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  11. fogbank

fogbank Well-Known Member

Can only be pure luck.

I don't know or do anything that nobody else knows or does. :hmm:

I had one brand new Ti Hopper which I kept in a drawer for months. When I took it out and stuck a battery in it, it wouldn't turn on at all. I cleaned the back end threads with Blu Tack and got it working again. Now it's working great (fingers crossed).

howzcat, Vapor_Eyes and Vaporific like this.
  12. Vaporific

Pure luck indeed. Good for you!

Interesting about the dormant Ti and cleaning the threads, which I know many have issues with - I never tried Blu Tack but will. Either your Ti came that way or it developed something on the threads over time, the latter more troubling than the former - though my Ti is in RMAville! :bang:

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  13. fogbank

fogbank Well-Known Member

I have posted about this Ti Hopper before. It don't think that it came that way but I can't be sure. When I got it I put the battery in it and powered it on a few times without any issues. I took the battery out and stuck it in the drawer.

I would say that it developed the residue on the threads while sitting dormant for several months, but I can't be sure because I didn't try cleaning the threads when I first got it. The residue could have been there when I got it, but there was no indication of any problems when I first tested it.

Vapor_Eyes and Vaporific like this.
  14. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

I haven't been following this thread much lately as my Hopper has been pissing me off with weird back end issues. Anyway just wanted to chime in with a recent "GOOD" hopper experience as they seem to be rare.

I was having an issue were if I fully tightened my back end the unit would not turn on no matter what I did. I needed to unscrew 1/4 , 1/2 turn and even then it was extremely finicky. Contacted hopper warrantee got a response within 24hours with a solution that worked. Turn dial back and forth while hitting with compressed air. It blew out some metal shavings. I'm now hopping with fully restored performance. For now :lol: Not sure how shavings got in their but I'm happy they are gone.

15. Vaporific

I wish I had something more to say or add but I don't. I'm stumped, not that your issues are mine however I thank you for the remedies and info. I wish I had tried a bit more diagnostics and troubleshooting with my Ti (pre-order) but it went in to RMA pretty quick (for several reasons) - and I likely won't see it for a while. A conjugal visit would be nice, lol. A Hopper that works consistently well is awesome! Mine however got inconsistent and vapor production was seriously reduced even rotating fresh batteries. I'll definitely keep your advice (and others on here too) at heart when it comes back. And I pray it works like new (TBD).

Hope your other Hoppers work well! :peace:

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  16. Cheesequake

I hate to jinx myself but I'm pretty sure I have a fully functioning hopper right now. New back end came in and paired with the old body (replacement still gets insta-burn your fingers hot at the heater area) it works perfectly. It's also not all scratched like the previous back end replacement so that was a pleasant surprise.

Vapor_Eyes, slcbdco, Hogni and 4 others like this.
  17. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

Awesome news.

My GH is still preforming great despite the fact blinking but no backend heat so that's good

18. tr33sPlease

tr33sPlease Well-Known Member

Sound like my issue (had it forever two years and just started having issues a couple months ago). Where did you blow the compressed air? Under the dial?

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  19. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

:mmmm: GH

Flavor or clouds best of both worlds

If hopper labs gets these kinks ironed out GH will be king.

When my hoppers working it's amazing. No issues with my replacement and the spare body other then 5 is REALLY hot. Almost combusted so I start at 4.5 and everything's groovy
    :smug:

20. Cheesequake

Yep when the hopper works right there is nothing that can beat it imo. Desktop or portable. Only reason I've put up with their BS for years haha.

howzcat, Gregori, Zow237 and 4 others like this.
  21. Danballa

Danballa Active Member

I really wish this had better reliability. It would have been the perfect vape for when I travel. I really hope they get it sorted out

Gregori, GrandWazoo and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  22. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

Yeah right around the gold plate on the back end, up towards the dial.

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  23. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

Same here. Actually... I'm not sure if I'm happy I ever tried the Hopper. You're right, it's pretty much the greatest when it's working. Only the Sticky Brick makes this sort of clouds as a portable but I don't get along with the torch. My SBJ is burnt all over and I have burned my fingers just too often. Anythings else isn't that fast in heating up time and finishing a bowl, and not that overwhelming cloud and effect wise. At least not entirely the same.

That being said, with a lot of the new vapes these days, like with the Fury2 and the X-Vape Fog, I'm not even sure if I really had missed out anything worth mentioning if I'd never bought a Hopper in the first place. If I want fast heat up times, great (not the greatest) clouds and a swappable battery, there's the X-Vape Fog. And ironically the one thing that makes the Hopper such an unreliable machine is the one thing I never cared for: the size and stealth factor. Still nothing hits as fast and efficient as the Hopper but just the presence of this thread here keeps me from being completely relaxed using it.

Gregori, Vapor_Eyes, Hogni and 2 others like this.
  24. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

Have always gotten off flavors with fury and never owned a stickybrick but I like being able to just rip and not worry about combustion. Always uniform avb and no guess work just hope it keeps on working great

Vapor_Eyes, Cheesequake and Vaporific like this.
  25. Cheesequake

#metoo

Vaporific likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors