Discontinued The Grasshopper

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I don't want to jinx it, but I got a new body for my hopper that was incinerating and it's working supremely. It still amazes me how great these work when they aren't broken. At 5 the clouds are AMAZING and I can't believe how much farther a little herb goes with it. The hopper saves me so much money on herb, too bad it's cost me so much on shipping it back and forth to HL so often. Thankfully I'm only in WA so it's not too bad.

It's so frustrating when they break down, but they are soooo satisfying when they are working like they should.

Zow237

Woah gh landed today and fuckkk. I see why everyone is so butt hurt about this vape. It's so good that you want it to never break. Going to get some new glass tomorrow at a shop locally and then I can give my full feedback but damn, gh got me so baked earlier. Got some cherry crush and some darth maul og :) super yummy the whole way through the bowl. I am using it native with orings on the pfe :) no heat at all on my lips and just pure hot vapor haha. It's given since it's such a short airpath from the heater. Crazy how fast it heats up and how much tasty vapor you can get. Fuck now I hope I got lucky with this one

Last edited:

JoeMama

Ah man, that just sucks. Keep banging on them as IMO 90 days is WAY longer than it should take to fix your Ti unit.

I'm sorry, but I have no advise for you beyond that and wow, Hopper Labs had it in the palm of their hand and are just fucking it up by the numbers. Well, IMO of course! LOL
Couldn't agree more... they had a brief moment of hope and valor when they "took production inside", and then just shat themselves again. Shame.

EDIT: So now I just got this:
"Your Hopper is still in line for replacement parts, you are about 30-60 days from service being completed. We thank you for your patience during this period of catching up. We are working diligently to increase our output rate to make it all move along faster for everyone."

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Woah gh landed today and fuckkk. I see why everyone is so butt hurt about this vape. It's so good that you want it to never break. Going to get some new glass tomorrow at a shop locally and then I can give my full feedback but damn, gh got me so baked earlier. Got some cherry crush and some darth maul og :) super yummy the whole way through the bowl. I am using it native with orings on the pfe :) no heat at all on my lips and just pure hot vapor haha. It's given since it's such a short airpath from the heater. Crazy how fast it heats up and how much tasty vapor you can get. Fuck now I hope I got lucky with this one

If it's a brand new unit I reckon you'll fare well.
I've had my GH 14 weeks and I'm as happy as ever being a hopper head.
Haven't had one last this long for 18 months, it's showing no signs of slowing down either.

Sent my dark grey Ti GH for warranty yesterday...

Good luck!
I'm still waiting since November last year on my other units. Two hundred and forty something days.

Having tried the TUBOx and StemPod, I'm as keen as ever to have more hoppers.

They're the best, I wish we could forget the rest, I’m already keen to move on lol. Variance is nice, but the hopper is so good and I’ve backed off the Sub and am lowering my intense tolerance. The GH is perfect for a solid level of baking frequently and I love it.

We are working diligently to increase our output rate to make it all move along faster for everyone.
10,000+ ÷ 200±50 = we're going to be waiting fucking ages, already have, will continue to.

Hey at least cannabis isn’t broken...

MoltenTiger

@MoltenTiger where are you getting the 10k figure from? Or is that a guess?
It’s just an estimate, but it consists of a majority of sales that should be needing service.

It could be much lower, or higher. The throughput is practically in the same boat too. And for RMAs it’s almost certainly lower than 200±50, unfortunately. But at a guess that would put us at 4-6 months before catch-up, so a long while yet.

It’s worth the increased wait with a smaller production run, they’ve been wanting to make thousands of devices per week for years, but the reality is it’s a lot harder to achieve than you’d think and has never resulted in quality. Scaling issues are very real with this product. Tbh it says a lot about veering from the production capital of the world. Fit and finish and QA could be improved, and maybe there’d be a competitive design available by now too, lol

Edit; was just told 20-30 days for my Dec 28 arrival RMA units. So we'll see what happens there

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Here I thought the 200 figure was the aforementioned 200 units a week they are producing between brand new units and RMAs. I think they probably have a lot more than 200 RMAs right now. :lol:

I thought my SS was running cold but I think it was just a bad battery. I still had an early GHB2 that had seen better days long ago. I kept it in the rotation “just in case” and kept having issues until I decided to get rid of it (responsibly).

My other, “newer”, GHB2s with the thicker and slightly darker wrapping are over a year old now and I’m surprised they’ve lasted that long. It seems they might be starting to lose power. One of the benefits of having an external charger with a readout of charge level is it helps you monitor battery health. A fresh battery is often around 3.7 volts when depleted, maybe even lower. I’ve noticed as my batteries age they “die” at progressively higher voltages. Right around when they reach the 3.8v mark is when performance seems to suffer overall, even on a fresh charge.

Edit: I just realized you might have meant to say the amount of RMAs is higher than 200, since you said “unfortunately” after that. In that case we are in agreement. I’m sure they have quite the backlog and I’m starting to get worried at this point.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Here I thought the 200 figure was the aforementioned 200 units a week they are producing between brand new units and RMAs. I think they probably have a lot more than 200 RMAs right now. :lol:

I thought my SS was running cold but I think it was just a bad battery. I still had an early GHB2 that had seen better days long ago. I kept it in the rotation “just in case” and kept having issues until I decided to get rid of it (responsibly).

My other, “newer”, GHB2s with the thicker and slightly darker wrapping are over a year old now and I’m surprised they’ve lasted that long. It seems they might be starting to lose power. One of the benefits of having an external charger with a readout of charge level is it helps you monitor battery health. A fresh battery is often around 3.7 volts when depleted, maybe even lower. I’ve noticed as my batteries age they “die” at progressively higher voltages. Right around when they reach the 3.8v mark is when performance seems to suffer overall, even on a fresh charge.

Edit: I just realized you might have meant to say the amount of RMAs is higher than 200, since you said “unfortunately” after that. In that case we are in agreement. I’m sure they have quite the backlog and I’m starting to get worried at this point.
Nice one, honestly my 4 batteries are possibly showing signs of ware and they are old as my hopper, so not old at all. I seem to get one less chamber from them, it's still cold here though...

I am fairly sure the backlog is super intense, hence the 10,000+ I mentioned. These guys have sold decent volume, and a lot must be back at the labs - mine are said to be a month from being looked at...

200 give or take 50 is probably too generous for an RMA throughput, I was considering the info they've stated, thinking it could improve in time, with their increased automation etc.

Not much point worrying, just be glad not to be dealing with it all. Mental effort required for sure. I'm thankful

Hammahead

My repaired Hopper returned 100 days ago, and it's as fine as the first day. Backend gets a bit hot once in a while (I just screw the backend off and on then), mad bluelight flickering nearly all the time, but doing the job great. I have used my second Hopper just a few times to make sure it's working, so I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable now. I'm using the Hopper pretty much exclusively at home, no device I own is extracting that fast and so no device is getting me as high even with something like 50 mg. The Hopper gets me higher with 100 mg than the Crafty with 150 mg, cause in two good hits I have extracted nearly all there is in it. Color me thankful as well.

Hammahead

@Hammahead: both of my Grasshoppers have always had flickering blue lights and they have performed well and been relatively reliable as far as hoppers go. Here’s to hoping yours continues to perform admirably!

Thanks a lot, I'm not that bugged about the flickering, it's apparently normal for Hoppers built in a certain time range, but many people see it as an early stage of doom. My new one doesn't flicker at all.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Thanks a lot, I'm not that bugged about the flickering, it's apparently normal for Hoppers built in a certain time range, but many people see it as an early stage of doom. My new one doesn't flicker at all.
That’s good to know it’s normal for a certain time range. Both of mine were built in the summer of 2016. The replacement parts were built more recently of course. :lol:

Rel2018

Just received the new spare body!
And what can I say I didn’t even expect this to work so good.
Tried on 5and 4.2, 1 hit on each ( 2 bowls total )
Instant milk!
Sent me to space..
I’ll update if anything changes

Update
: tried it natively now on 4.2, short 5 sec draws, nice clouds, nothing too hot. Hope it stays this way!

Last edited:

mario

Mine was the same. New Body fixed everything. The Hopper really is creeping up the list to be my favorite vape. I love my Mighty, but the Hopper is just such a great experience. Hoping that it keeps going!

Poostuff

Please delete
I’ve had all my Grasshoppers refunded.
Hopper Labs just didn’t reply to my multiple RMA requests & PayPal refunded me.
Local resellers are no longer stocking the GH here & refunded me as well.
I’m left with a heap of empty GH boxes, some accessories, a whole lot of batteries & one messed up Hopper to remind me not to do it again.
For a while I was annoyed with myself for constantly paying the shipping & hoping things would get better, but I got over it & bought a Flower Pot.
That’s been fun to use & completely distracting so it’s all good now.
Best of luck to you all.

Al..

I’ve had all my Grasshoppers refunded.
Hopper Labs just didn’t reply to my multiple RMA requests & PayPal refunded me.
Local resellers are no longer stocking the GH here & refunded me as well.
I’m left with a heap of empty GH boxes, some accessories, a whole lot of batteries & one messed up Hopper to remind me not to do it again.
For a while I was annoyed with myself for constantly paying the shipping & hoping things would get better, but I got over it & bought a Flower Pot.
That’s been fun to use & completely distracting so it’s all good now.
Best of luck to you all.
Have to agree 19 returns and still 2 broken hoppers, now have a splinter and love it..

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Both my hoppers had been in for RMA multiple times before they both went in for months during the rma hell time. Both came back malfunctioning, had to send them both back in again, both came back malfunctioning again. After that they agreed to just send me replacement bodies and...

The first new one came and seemed to be working great, and then last night it started to only work somewhat sometimes. I use it through a bong with water and I could see the glass start to milk up and then it would start to clear as I'm pulling. Sometimes I could get it to give me some vapor and other times not at all. The abv was getting barely blonde. Then today I can't even get it to ever start milking at all. Just the barely, barest mist and that's it. I tried it with my other back end, same thing.

I would have been more upset, but I knew my second body was due to arrive today and...

It did arrive and I loaded it up, took two amazing hits and the third one incinerated in a flash. I didn't even get to vape one load out of it. Since my other one is not doing shit, I even tried turning this one down but it still incinerated the material.

As it stands right now I have four hopper bodies in my possession and not one of them works.

I LOVE my hoppers when they're working. I am desperate to get them working, but I'm losing faith that it'll ever happen.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Both my hoppers had been in for RMA multiple times before they both went in for months during the rma hell time. Both came back malfunctioning, had to send them both back in again, both came back malfunctioning again. After that they agreed to just send me replacement bodies and...

The first new one came and seemed to be working great, and then last night it started to only work somewhat sometimes. I use it through a bong with water and I could see the glass start to milk up and then it would start to clear as I'm pulling. Sometimes I could get it to give me some vapor and other times not at all. The abv was getting barely blonde. Then today I can't even get it to ever start milking at all. Just the barely, barest mist and that's it. I tried it with my other back end, same thing.

I would have been more upset, but I knew my second body was due to arrive today and...

It did arrive and I loaded it up, took two amazing hits and the third one incinerated in a flash. I didn't even get to vape one load out of it. Since my other one is not doing shit, I even tried turning this one down but it still incinerated the material.

As it stands right now I have four hopper bodies in my possession and not one of them works.

I LOVE my hoppers when they're working. I am desperate to get them working, but I'm losing faith that it'll ever happen.

I hate hearing this shit. Literally.

I have no expectations of my hopper on Friday. I've lost all steam.

Yet, still looking forward to using it. Not exactly sure why. I realize this may be a paradox, of looking forward and no expectations, but they are mutually exclusive. LOL :-)

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I hate hearing this shit. Literally.

I have no expectations of my hopper on Friday. I've lost all steam.

Yet, still looking forward to using it. Not exactly sure why. I realize this may be a paradox, of looking forward and no expectations, but they are mutually exclusive. LOL :-)
LOL!! I get it. Believe it or not, even after ALL that, I'm STILL hoping that they can get them working for me somehow someway.

Other people do have working hoppers, that's all I want. Right now I think I might have a better chance of winning the lottery though.

Top Bottom