Discontinued The Grasshopper

mephisto

I stand by my statement and to stay on topic (relatively), I have cancelled my most recent SS purchase since it has been more than 4 weeks since I ordered and no sign of any shipment. I certainly don't think if a manufacturer tells you a specific time frame that you should be expected to patiently wait until "whenever".
Let me know where to ship your quick heating, convection vape.......

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
If I don't hear back from HL on my cancellation before the end of the week I'll be filing a PayPal dispute. Seems like they're a lot stingier with their refunds these days.

Baron23

Well, it appears that I received a shipping notice on the Ti Bronze body to replace the Ti Silver body that they sent me to replace my Ti Bronze body....yeah, did you follow all of that! hahaha

It will be here on Thurs or Fri. I will keep the body that works best (the Ti Silver is functionally perfect, if the Ti Bronze is not, I'm keeping the silver because...well, I don't care how it looks! haha)

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Wow, I am scared now I just purchased a GH on here
How many of those fury 2's have you got to send across the ocean?...lol...
I wish I had seen this thread before buying I thought I had read enough on the risks and thought the lifetime warranty would help
By the way you were close, - the saying is "taking the piss" in Australia..

Yeah, that’s what I thought 2 years ago when I got mine. Oh lifetime warranty. They’ve had my unit since the beginning of February LOL.

I sure hope you have a backup or something LOL.

Scarpvape

Wow, I am scared now I just purchased a GH on here
How many of those fury 2's have you got to send across the ocean?...lol...
I wish I had seen this thread before buying I thought I had read enough on the risks and thought the lifetime warranty would help
By the way you were close, - the saying is "taking the piss" in Australia..

Yeah, I’m afraid the majority of us have lost all faith, humor, and patience waiting for one disappointment after another. They’ve had my warrantied unit since dec. I have to agree, that a back up is a must.

JCat

Accessory Maker
what else sucks is that I will have to pay the 45$ to transfer the lifetime warranty as it is 2nd hand
But if I do not I will be stuffed by the sounds
Looks like I will be stuffed regardless though now.....
I have been vaping for about 6 months now and am fully converted
So many to look at and try though can make an expensive med/habit moreso....lol
Some people say that vaping saves money because they consume less ... that's not the case for me! I consume the same amount approximately, + spend an additional ~$1,000 a year on vapes and glass! :lol: ... probably $10k in the hole in the last 7 years!

mario

So are there any other people on here who have gotten new units from late May or June? I don't mean RMA returns, I mean new purchased units?

Because I bought one at the end of May, got it in June and it has been working perfectly amazingly since then. Flawless hits, amazing performance, great battery life, and gets me good and toasted after a single bowl. Very similar to how I feel after running through 2 bowls in my Dynavap.

So it sounds like right now the RMA process is completely b0rked, but from my experience so far, the new units are functioning amazingly.

Any other recent new purchases that are having problems?

Rel2018

So are there any other people on here who have gotten new units from late May or June? I don't mean RMA returns, I mean new purchased units?

Because I bought one at the end of May, got it in June and it has been working perfectly amazingly since then. Flawless hits, amazing performance, great battery life, and gets me good and toasted after a single bowl. Very similar to how I feel after running through 2 bowls in my Dynavap.

So it sounds like right now the RMA process is completely b0rked, but from my experience so far, the new units are functioning amazingly.

Any other recent new purchases that are having problems?

I have a new one, purchased Mid May. Had an issue with the charger one time but now it’s working.

It’s my first vape that I bought after long lurke in here.

Buttom line I’m very happy with it, hope it lasts.

Baron23

Just check the mail and my proper bronze Ti body was in there. Will test it later and see.

I don't care about color, I just want to keep the best performing body.

Man, if the GH was a rock solid reliable vape it would kill the market. Its all up to Hopper whether they live or die. Its all up to their execution going forward.

Cheers

Just check the mail and my proper bronze Ti body was in there. Will test it later and see.

I don't care about color, I just want to keep the best performing body.

Man, if the GH was a rock solid reliable vape it would kill the market. Its all up to Hopper whether they live or die. Its all up to their execution going forward.

Cheers
I think you should keep both and wait for one to die.

Thebigsmoke

Hi everyone I just received my new ti hopper today and first impressions are mixed at best. Not sure if it's me or the unit but I get very wispy draws when using it directly unless I turn it to 4 and give it a really long draw however the heat around my lips is to uncomfortable to keep doing this. it seems to require a good 10 second draw to get anything worth while. I tried two different strains so I can rule that out. I tried it on 5 through water and it performed fantastic completely brown avb and no Charing. The temp dail is stiff and turns like it's on sand paper unless I press it in. I don't know weather to exchange it for another or if it's working completely fine? I think I was just expecting better draws at around the mid temp(is that the middle line?).I was told it's a v2 unit it has a ghb2 but I have noticed that when I let it auto shut off and turn it back on nothing happens until I click it again I had read somewhere that this was changed in the v2 units to turn back on with the first click so this has me slightly suspicious that it's not a v2. Is there any other ways I could check.
Although I will say the few hits I did get felt very strong.
I have also noticed that it has the newer charger that doesn't have the split cable at the magnet

Last edited:

Rel2018

Hi everyone I just received my new ti hopper today and first impressions are mixed at best. Not sure if it's me or the unit but I get very wispy draws when using it directly unless I turn it to 4 and give it a really long draw however the heat around my lips is to uncomfortable to keep doing this. it seems to require a good 10 second draw to get anything worth while. I tried two different strains so I can rule that out. I tried it on 5 through water and it performed fantastic completely brown avb and no Charing. The temp dail is stiff and turns like it's on sand paper unless I press it in. I don't know weather to exchange it for another or if it's working completely fine? I think I was just expecting better draws at around the mid temp(is that the middle line?).I was told it's a v2 unit it has a ghb2 but I have noticed that when I let it auto shut off and turn it back on nothing happens until I click it again I had read somewhere that this was changed in the v2 units to turn back on with the first click so this has me slightly suspicious that it's not a v2. Is there any other ways I could check.
Although I will say the few hits I did get felt very strong.
I have also noticed that it has the newer charger that doesn't have the split cable at the magnet

I would say mine is same, more or less. AVB at 5 depends on how I pack it ( I think ).

I think this is how we supposed to get it. It’s very “ heavy duty “ and rough.

But I think it’s the best out there right now. I’m a heavy bong user with tobacco mixed and my goal was to stop tobacco completely, so far 2 weeks haven’t touched it.

Yet, this vaping thing has a long way to go...too much hassle.

MoltenTiger

Not with the right vape. Get an Arizer portable or Mighty/Crafty and you'll see how hassle free vaping can be.
To replace mix/cones/bilsons, it's not quite that simple

The Mighty and Crafty are near useless to replicate that kind of intake and it's a fucking challenge to replace it. Addiction is a bitch

I fully recommend the Tubo X, Sublimator and the Grasshopper to replicate proper bong hits. But it's still a challenge to fuck combustion when tobacco is involved.
I wouldn't consider any other options, maybe the Evo/FlowerPot instead of the Sub, portably speaking there is nothing

Ive been converted with a Plenty from being a full billy user
Only because it is so good and I can use through a water pipe
But yer it is a session vape not one hitter like having a cone

But yer you are right, I am still looking for the proper on demand one hitter to mimic billies

Ive bought a GH from on here waiting for its postage, but am concerned about its reliability

I think the MFLB looks okay or even the elevator maybe or dynavap with vong/nong

After 20-30 yrs of smoking and mostly with bongs I have now been fully converted to vape
Enano is a great Billy replacement (we're speaking 'strine) but a Grasshopper is too if it works. Forget MFLB as it's too lightweight imo. Big milky rips are the Grasshoppers bread and butter ... if it works. Vapcaps are also lovely through water as is a Milaana or even a Fury 2 lol.

My GV2.0 is still performing strongly after 5 or so weeks. It is not my daily driver but certainly now part of my daily arsenal and getting heavy use. Still keeping it very clean though.

Yes I know the GH is good while working....why I got one coming
Need a backup though
Considered nano or WD or UD
Also vapcap and elev8r

Soo many to try lol

A very expensive one I was shown tht looks amazing if were rich is the minivap for portable...

would love a flowerpot too
Picking up a log vape and ripping it through glass will make you forget all about dirty old billies. It replaces it and then after a while you realize how much better and civilized it is

Grasshopper through water is immense. Sometimes the amount of vapor is almost overwhelming which I love lol

Baron23

Well, after a lot of flail and mail, I now have two GH's that are operating correctly after body swaps.

I'm back in business and hit that bad boy hard last night. Very enjoyable.

Both run oh so slightly cooler than my OG Ti Bronze but very slightly, I believe. Let me put it this way, they still milk the can so I'm good with them! LOL

Best of luck to you who are still awaiting RMA returns. It will be interesting to see how reliable these two GH's are now.

Cheers

Top Bottom