Discontinued The Grasshopper

dodgy_b

I made a chamber reducer and it works really well. Just fill about half the chamber and throw the improvised long basket screen on top and it keeps the abv nice and toasty with the material kept in place - not really tamped
Where is your improvised long basket screen from? Would love to have a better half pack.

elykpeace

exVASted
Where is your improvised long basket screen from? Would love to have a better half pack.

Nothing fancy. Just a SS screen shaped around a pen..
aO6UmaF.jpg

juke52

When it eventually boomerangs back...

Be prepared for the world's slowest boomerang :)

I was a first-day supporter of the GH crowdfunding campaign.

I then wait almost two years before I finally got my GH. I loved it, and still love it when it's working, but in the last year, it's been in for warranty repair three times. I sent it back in January after it died, and am still waiting for it to be returned. I can't even get anyone at GH to respond to my inquiries about it. I've sent four inquiries via their 'warranty request' page on their website since the beginning April - which I don't think qualifies me as an obsessive pain in the ass who deserves to be ignored - and have not heard one word in response.

There may be worse customer service out there somewhere, but I've never experienced it.

Choices

Be prepared for the world's slowest boomerang :)

Yeah that's why I bought two boomerangs. :lol: I do have a question: in the ABV test video from Hopper Labs indicates that on Level 3 the vaping temperature is 338 F. Is this really the case? I mean if it is I understand what the hype is about. It is extracting more of whatever is available at 338F than any other device I have used. Please enlighten me...:)

MoltenTiger

I, like many others, just want a response from Hopper Labs. Mine is simple. Change my address. LOL
When I was changing my address I replied to an email stream from Caroline/Olivia, sent a fresh email to support@hopperlabs.com, and dropped a DM to them on instagram.

That got the ball rolling, reference numbers made it easy for them. Since I have HL in my DMs I’ve noticed that their online reasonably often, and it was a good way to direct someone to my case.
Not only did I change address actually, I combined a seperate order and got a different unit engraved.
The engraving took some time, but was well worth it.

I sent a stupidly intricate design at the capacity of their working resolution, knowing that it might not quite work, but I’m happy with how it turned out. Decent execution I must say.
There’s hidden CBD and THC molucules imprinted that catch the light nicely, unfortunately my name in Japanese and a few other super fine details didn’t make it out. But it would have required intense magnification to see anyway... the laser engrave at 10x is interesting, seeing how it carves and burrs at the edges. A bit different to what I expected and a worst case for my pixel art lol. Still, I’m pretty happy to have quick access to tasty vaping and my favourite set up back together, well, actually upgraded..

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2e3nzv4.jpg

Please enlighten me
I’m fairly sure the secret is the insulation around the chamber. This causes mad energy efficiency, which is hugely benefited by the user. Low temps are tasty and the clouds are always dense with the hopper.. it is a fantastic vape and I am so glad to have one in rotation again.

My Tubo X arrived last night, still a bit of playing to do. So far I can say, holy shit it’s amazing, probably get one. It’s heat up time is probably faster, near instant, It has much more open airflow than the hopper, to which I would say the Hopper has the perfect air resistance, it has a lighter signature but it rips super hard. It can draw power at an alarming rate, because you can rip as fast as possible and it’ll keep up. And you can rip as fast as possible because there’s hardly any resistance. I saw it drawing 100W!
The 8400mAh capacity of my RX3000 is nuts. It takes a long time to charge, and when it ran out that’s when Grasps came out. It had a few goes before all night, but the batteries are quick to charge and I have a number of them. Looking forward to getting the SS barrel charger from HL, it’s going to be extremely nice.
The GH cloud density is really impressive, and it’s signature is very enjoyable. I still need to get some accessories for the Tubo, but the Hopper is really a very polished vape.

This latest iteration is great. Batteries are getting a few chambers easily (it’s cold here atm too, 5-15 C ambient), the new magnetic charger is a massive upgrade, near the clicker there are white dots which rotate with the button, before you could free spin this and never know where it was placed relative to the temp slider. Notable improvements all round.

I’ve noticed HL have been a bit more proactive in their estimations, it seems the throughput of the heaters is shaping up nicely. Good vaping times are on the horizon.

Sonicboom1991

I got mine back this week, arrived at Hopper Labs 22nd January. From what I understand not all repairs are taking the same amount of time, it seems to depend on what is repaired or replaced. I haven't been a squeaky wheel at all.

Intriguing. Did you ever send them a message asking for your unit or did it just show up? I appreciate the reply!

Hammahead

Intriguing. Did you ever send them a message asking for your unit or did it just show up? I appreciate the reply!
I just asked for an estimate once, some 2 weeks before they shipped it, they took 4 days to answer, said sorry for the late reply and told me it would be another 5 to 10 days. 9 Days after that it shipped. I used the supportAT address. Still waiting for a shipping confirmation on my newly purchased Hopper which should have been shipped about the same time. Anyway, I'm glad I have one working Hopper.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Imagine what the hopper could've been if it were as reliable as something like an Arizer product with the customer service of Haze...

Maybe it'll get to that point some day! I love my hopper as it is, I hope these signs of GHL pulling their stuff together is a positive omen for the future!

elykpeace

exVASted
Ordered that ht pfe from hopper labs direct a week ago now. Monday I emailed support@grasshoppervape.com and got an email 3 hours later saying it would be mailed that day. Hopefully today?(Mind you it says it ships same day on the site..)

Ordered that ss Thursday and it's already shipped... (Misthub?)Maybe today or Monday it will arrive. What's hopper labs doing as far as shipping .. seems off to me unless it's being sent snail mail
iu

mario

I’m still broken hearted I missed the misthub thing because I got busy at work. :(

mario,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Anyone using a J hook with their Hopper? Tough to handle? Looking for a non water cooling option besides drip tips (have pfe) to start enjoying this thing again.

This one seems nice at $18?
http://lotusvaporizer.com/j-hook-glass-stem/

Edit: or a water piece 6 inches or under?

O have a straight 5" 14mm glass stem. A j hook would be super useful! Delicious flavor and very smooth!

Shieldsab

Are you getting the auto responder message that your email was received? It states that you should get a reply to your email within 2-5 business days. If you aren't getting that email, I don't think you'll ever get an answer.
Nope. I haven't received a single thing. Then again, I'm using the message system on my warranty request.
Edit: I've just sent Support a fresh EMail. I got the auto-response, so we'll see if anything comes of it by Friday.

Last edited:

ssrrosey

I made a chamber reducer and it works really well. Just fill about half the chamber and throw the improvised long basket screen on top and it keeps the abv nice and toasty with the material kept in place - not really tamped
Personally I've never felt the need for a chamber reducer unlike most other portables, that's one of the big benefits of convection. I do find myself turning the temp maybe .25-.5 notch higher to compensate for the increased airflow but the ABV always comes out a nice even brown

elykpeace

exVASted
Personally I've never felt the need for a chamber reducer unlike most other portables, that's one of the big benefits of convection. I do find myself turning the temp maybe .25-.5 notch higher to compensate for the increased airflow but the ABV always comes out a nice even brown

For me it's nice. Kept at level 5 a half full oven with the spacer is spent in two 30 second pen clicks (including 5 second heat up)

Top Bottom