Discontinued The Grasshopper

disGRUNTled

Cherry cookies in the Hopper , listening to Meek Mill who got out today .Heat vs 76ers on the TV.Have to say I forgot how good (a working) GH is got it set at 3 amazing flavor and effects , nice clouds too.
3ODr1Se.jpg

dmsUK6J.jpg

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
[...]please tell them that they are FUCKING UP CS BY THE NUMBERS and are really running out of runway to improve their reputation within the community. Many of us, at this late point in time with the extensive history that's there to be read by anyone, just can no longer give credence to a damn thing they say anymore.

BASIC FUNDAMENTAL OF CS = at the very least, acknowledge your customer communications with a response....even if its just a "I will need to get back to you on that".

This is so true. I sent them a note telling them to send my hopper to my new address. 2 updates, hey did you guys get this. NOTHING.

Right now, I actually am just assuming they stole my hopper and I'll never get it back.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I asked a question via their regular HL support email and initially didn't have a response for about 20 days, so I resent the same email, asking for response.
Dealing with HL sometimes demands great patience. There was a time I was getting great communications and fast warranty service, so I still hold hopes they get back on track!

Got the answer, with an apology, signed by Hopper Labs Support.

I now know that; The SS case is designed to fit the standard Hopper Mouthpiece and not the PFE.

Not what I wanted to hear, but I did get an answer!

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Glad you like it man.
Hope your Hopper keeps functioning, and that you can get batteries!
Any issues with the case, don't hesitate to get in touch :cheers:

I now see that the status of my order has changed to "shipped"!
Is the general consensus that GHL are 'accurate' when they claim "shipped"?
I asked for a tracking # but haven't received one yet.
Also no response to my demand for refund.
At this point I have a hard time believing that my order has actually shipped.
Unless I can be sure it's actually on its way, I just want to get a refund so I can attempt to buy batteries from a retailer.
What do you guys think?
Just proceed with PayPal dispute?
Or wait a day or two to see if a tracking # is forthcoming ?
When you click on the order on your account does it not list a tracking number?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My post just above was about the answer I got yesterday on my question re SS case.
Early this a.m. I requested cancellation of my 2 cases. HL responded at 6:50 a.m. Boulder Time that my order was being refunded. Can't ask for better treatment than that, though I have to admit I kinda wanted the cases to work out for me, and I had made the purchase during last month's 35% off sale.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
When you click on the order on your account does it not list a tracking number?
Hi Cheesequake,
Nope, just 'standard international shipping '.
I requested a tracking number several times, so, since I haven't heard back from them, and the status of my order changed after I emailed them to cancel my order and get a refund, I still don't know for sure that the order has shipped.
I told them I'd give them 24 hours to cancel the order and refund me before starting a PayPal dispute, but now I'm in a difficult position (no tracking #, has it actually shipped or is this a delaying tactic?).
Shipping from the US to UK can take weeks, so should I wait in uncertainty for an indeterminate amount of time, or just pursue the PP dispute as I threatened?

I'd rather believe them, but, well, is that wise?
Are international orders from GHL usually provided with tracking?
I'm certain my Hopper did, back in the mists of time.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Hi Cheesequake,
Nope, just 'standard international shipping '.
I requested a tracking number several times, so, since I haven't heard back from them, and the status of my order changed after I emailed them to cancel my order and get a refund, I still don't know for sure that the order has shipped.
I told them I'd give them 24 hours to cancel the order and refund me before starting a PayPal dispute, but now I'm in a difficult position (no tracking #, has it actually shipped or is this a delaying tactic?).
Shipping from the US to UK can take weeks, so should I wait in uncertainty for an indeterminate amount of time, or just pursue the PP dispute as I threatened?

Are international orders from GHL usually provided with tracking?
I'm certain my Hopper did, back in the mists of time.
From my few years of watching HL if they say something has shipped it has shipped. They lie about estimates and dates all the time but I've never seen someone say their order shipped but they didn't receive it. Who knows though. If the people on the Grasshopper subreddit are to be believed HL has multiple people threatening to call/calling the police/AG/BBB on them so they may be getting desperate.

kushkush

happy camper....

Believe them? They’ve never been trustworthy so far, right? I would definitely file a complaint with Paypal and just get a refund. Ever getting a good reliable GH from Hopper Labs is a joke. They’ve had forever to produce and proven they can’t. I’m just hoping that some day another vendor will do what Hopper Labs finds impossible...just making a dependable product. Hopper Labs has never changed their ways and it’s doubtful they ever will. God only knows what’s wrong with them.

:2c:

Copacetic

From my few years of watching HL if they say something has shipped it has shipped. They lie about estimates and dates all the time but I've never seen someone say their order shipped but they didn't receive it. Who knows though. If the people on the Grasshopper subreddit are to be believed HL has multiple people threatening to call/calling the police/AG/BBB on them so they may be getting desperate.
Thanks,
Although they haven't actually bothered to say 'now shipped' to me other than changing the order status, In light of your experience with them I'll give it (another!) couple of weeks and if nothing has arrived I'll (sigh) email them yet again, or maybe just go straight to dispute if I'm in a :cuss: mood.

Thanks for the reply CQ.
I do hope GHL can somehow turn their customer perception round and end up with a happy market, not just so they can continue to serve our warranties, but so a good (sometimes) vape can stay on the market.

Copacetic

Believe them? They’ve never been trustworthy so far, right? I would definitely file a complaint with Paypal and just get a refund. Ever getting a good reliable GH from Hopper Labs is a joke. They’ve had forever to produce and proven they can’t. I’m just hoping that some day another vendor will do what Hopper Labs finds impossible...just making a dependable product. Hopper Labs has never changed their ways and it’s doubtful they ever will. God only knows what’s wrong with them.

:2c:
Well, they did eventually get a Hopper to me (and I have to admit it's been working well the entire 2 1/2 years that I have had it) so I dunno, I do feel that I've been strung along with this order, and I hoped that was all over and done with, but maybe they have actually shipped.
I would consider myself lucky to have a working Hopper compared to all you folk in RMA hell, but without batteries this thing isn't even a pen!

Edit:
Wait, I've not had it for 2 1/2 years, thats when I PAID for it.
I've had it for around 1 1/2 years!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, they did eventually get a Hopper to me (and I have to admit it's been working well the entire 2 1/2 years that I have had it) so I dunno, I do feel that I've been strung along with this order, and I hoped that was all over and done with, but maybe they have actually shipped.
I would consider myself lucky to have a working Hopper compared to all you folk in RMA hell, but without batteries this thing isn't even a pen!

Edit:
Wait, I've not had it for 2 1/2 years, thats when I PAID for it.
I've had it for around 1 1/2 years!
In earlier days with HL, the status being changed to shipped merely meant that the item had moved into their shipping department. They would then send out a shipping confirmation once the item actually left the facility with a carrier. It's possible that's what going on with your order.
We're seeing in the forum a lot of residual frustrations that I think are all stemming from the long, hard months of upheaval in HL's processes in every area of their business.

At the bottom, I think they're still really trying very hard to make it all work, even as the've lacked some of the basic business savy, like in CS/PR areas.
I'm still in it with them for the long haul, easier since my money all went under the bridge so long ago, and at the time I was willing to lose it all on the long shot anyway!

I bought 4 Hoppers on preorder and waited for a year. Gave a couple away. I love these things!

fogbank

Not when the wall adapter comes out :brow: (may be a year from now but they say it's still coming)
FGoOBtL.png

Look at the "add-on" options for purchasing the "Hopper Battery Charger" on the HL site.

The only "add-on" listed is a "35 Watt Wall Adapter".

I bet that is what they were referring to in their reply.

manujoe

I have only ever posted on forums about how my pre-order Hopper has always worked perfectly.

Sadly I now have to report that an order I placed for batteries and a PFE (all supposedly in stock) on the 1St of March STILL has not been shipped despite email exchanges with several different members of staff, the last of which claims that my order went out the same day I placed it, and must have been lost by postal services.......(the status of my order on my history has never once changed from "processed"-1St March, to shipped).

It saddens me to join the naysayers here (especially as I'm just about to finish manufacturing a second batch of wooden GH cases which I have yet to sell!) but a one year wait for a "two month" pre-order was pretty poor performance already, now an apparent inability to supply the only battery that will fit this device, renders it useless.

I'll post again soon to advise re' their speed refunding me (I requested /demanded my money back) but it's not looking good for my Hopper :mad:

Can anyone in the UK/EU direct me to any retailer that has battery stock? my preferred retailer @VapeFiend.com is out and I don't know any other source.
verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Grasshopper-Battery
€14 a shot

Hammahead

verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Grasshopper-Battery €14 a shot

Which is more expensive than to import them from the USA. Even one single battery is cheaper to import, 17 incl. shipping vs. 14 plus shipping. 2 Batteries incl. shipping is 24 Bucks from Hopper Labs, 28 plus shipping from VDN, not even considering the EUR/USD rate.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
...don't forget import taxes over 20 € (+19% on purchase + shipment)!

Good news. After making trouble they sent my new ti (bought at beg of March during the 40% sale) and it shall arrive today at my US adressee. Allegedly they put a leather sleeve into the package as a goodie for delay.

Copacetic

verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Grasshopper-Battery
€14 a shot

Thanks for the heads-up manujoe!
Sadly the price (plus shipping) to me is more than I can bear to pay.
If I were to get a single battery to keep me going for a while (which I thought I would do, until I saw the price) it would cost £27.12 versus £13.75 from @VapeFiend.com , pretty much exactly twice the price!
Not really Verdampftnochmals fault, they're a little more expensive, but it's the shipping that sours the deal.

I'm going to wait until VF get more stock, or I get my refund, or GHL actually deliver, whichever comes first .

Back to my VapCap for out and about use for a while.

Thanks for the pointer though :cheers:

ktmstick

Thanks for the heads-up manujoe!
Sadly the price (plus shipping) to me is more than I can bear to pay.
If I were to get a single battery to keep me going for a while (which I thought I would do, until I saw the price) it would cost £27.12 versus £13.75 from @VapeFiend.com , pretty much exactly twice the price!
Not really Verdampftnochmals fault, they're a little more expensive, but it's the shipping that sours the deal.

I'm going to wait until VF get more stock, or I get my refund, or GHL actually deliver, whichever comes first .

Back to my VapCap for out and about use for a while.

Thanks for the pointer though :cheers:
Would you like me to send you a battery? I'm in UK and have 6 batteries. Where are you from?

Copacetic

Would you like me to send you a battery? I'm in UK and have 6 batteries. Where are you from?
Wow, that's a lovely offer KTM!
FC and it's members are the best, and I'm delighted to be at the party :party:
All my batteries are beyond use now, so I'm gonna take you up on your offer!
I'll PM you.

please, ladies and gentlemen, a toast!
To ktmstick:
:clap::cheers::clap::cheers::clap:

Top Bottom