Discontinued The Grasshopper

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I know you guys won't believe it but not even one charger shipped yesterday like they were supposed to :lol:. Hopper Labs doesn't have them or have any idea when they will. I think they need a Guinness World Record for amount of product release/shipping deadlines missed by a real company.

Caroline said:
The external chargers have not arrived and I have not been provided a concrete date for their arrival...

Last edited:

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
ok here is round two with Caroline from hopper labs

"Hey Caroline
its quite disapointing that the charger and case are not being shipped on the date specified(dec 11th) i noticed that it still states dec 11th on your store page, surely you knew that you were not going to make your deadline way before this? i understand that sometimes events conspire to delay things, but surely a newsletter or email to your customers would go some way to helping us come to terms with the delay. your company is taking a bit of a roasting on the fuck combustion grasshopper thread maybe you should pop your head in and interact with your loyal customers and explain things a little , it might win you a little goodwill.
thanks for taking the time"

and here is the reply

"Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it and will pass it along to the team. It is always easier for me to interact with customers when their expectations are set properly and adjusted accordingly as soon as possible.

I too am a bit in the dark about when these items will be arriving and have been asking for an update. I am assure more information will be available this week and I will ask that the team send an email update to everyone then. I have also spoken with them about changing the estimated ship date on GHVape.com.

Best,
Caroline"

PAZ

I know i'm an anomaly, but i'm on my original SS GH that I purchased during the Indiegogo campaign and received it ~Sept '15 (don't remember the exact date). Anyways, there's been a few hiccups such as having to buy an external charger, but besides that it's been working close to flawless... until a few days ago.

I pulled it out of my jacket pocket and noticed a piece was missing from the back-end which prevented the GH from functioning properly. I sent an e-mail along with a warranty request, and received a reply within a day from Caroline. She's sending a replacement back-end out to me (I live in Canada), all I have to do is send out the faulty back-end once I receive it.

Just wanted to share there are reliable GH's out there in the wild, and the customer service I've received has been great. I actually tried cancelling my pre-order (backed the Indiegogo campaign) and was refused, and i'm grateful they didn't allow me to because I feel stupidly spoiled with this vape which costed me $124.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
If the arizer GO is convection on demand hoppeelabs can close their gates.
Unless it's shaped like a pen and can do this with bubble hash/any other kind of concentrate you throw at it I don't think the Hopper will be going anywhere any time soon. Especially if they actually fix the reliability issues like they say they're going to. I'm going to guess the Arizer Go won't be full convection. It will probably be a "hybrid" like their current devices, which I personally believe are 90 to 99% conduction regardless of what one member's tests show. The teardown on PIU clearly shows they are conduction devices. Sorry for going off topic here but I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm done with this vape. I purchased and started using the PFE in June of this year. They claim it has nothing to do with my multiple failures.

If there is anyone in Canada who wants to cover shipping, you are welcome to my hopper/PFE...hmu
Hold onto it bud ... I hope there's still hope ... otherwise if you're dead set on getting rid of it, I'll take it off your hands ... lol. It would be one more spare while mine are in transit or warranty repair :lol:

oh yeah people had to pay extra for those sleeves ?

that sucks and makes it even more annoying
I purchased one with my Hopper purchase back in Feb, since it was projected for the next month, when I had to RMA the next month, I asked if I could just apply that to a different item (I asked a couple times), and they just told me it would be coming soon, and they'd let me know when it was going to ship or something of the sort. I've failed to get the money from the sleeve applied to a battery or other even though I've tried. (I gave up because it's not worth my time, the least of the money I've lost on Hoppers considering that I've spent as much on warranty shipping as the Hoppers themselves)

That being said, I believe to have 2 working Hoppers right now. They are not as hot as some have been, but they are working well, and that's a first I think (where 2 Hoppers are working within acceptable standards). Either my Ti hopper has cooled down though, or their is something else going on (more moist herb since what I have been using in them was stored with Boveda packs for rosin extraction perhaps?). SS hopper seems to be performing about the same as the Ti one now.

Last edited:

Hammahead

I know i'm an anomaly...
Maybe here, but with a minimum of between 15 and 20,000 units sold, I'm pretty sure the vast majority is just doing fine. Return rates higher than 10% would have killed them long time ago. Not to say a failure rate of even 1% would be totally unacceptable for a normal business.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Maybe here, but with a minimum of between 15 and 20,000 units sold, I'm pretty sure the vast majority is just doing fine. Return rates higher than 10% would have killed them long time ago. Not to say a failure rate of even 1% would be totally unacceptable for a normal business.
I'd bet my grasshopper their failure rate is at least 10%.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
No way its 1% failure and even 10% or 50% or 90% failure rate sounds like the world craziest business model

how can they do so many repairs ?, is the hopper labs owners pumping their own money in ?

keeping the ghost ship afloat ?

hopper labs CEO parents were millionaires and he is pumping his trust fund money into a failing business trying to keep the dream afloat ?

a lot of stuff does not add up with hoppers unless they are just selling so many damn units to casual users that have way lower failure rates then us stoners

life time warranty on this unstable rocket ships sounds like a very costly business adventure

Xaun

First off I must say that I love my GH, it's an AWESOME vape, but there customer service sucks. I sent it back because it was having intermittent issues and they have had it in house now for over a month and there is still no sign of them saying that it's ready to send back. I have contacted there customer support several times and they tell me that they have changed there process for better in house quality control and that's why it's taking so long but over a month is ridiculous. I even thought about buying another one but they said by the time that they shipped it to me this was like around black friday that I would already have my old one back. Well it's now well past their last estimate of when I would get it back and I'm very frustrated with little recourse but to wait. I did just buy a Milaana that will probably get here before my GH gets back and will be a suitable replacement.

Dabowski

What is everyone using to rig up a mouthpiece that will not burn your lips? I can barely get a hit in a half before the device is to hot to use. I also sent it in thinking it was running to hot and was told it was fine by Support when the Vape returned.

Dabowski,

Mr Mellish

What is everyone using to rig up a mouthpiece that will not burn your lips? I can barely get a hit in a half before the device is to hot to use. I also sent it in thinking it was running to hot and was told it was fine by Support when the Vape returned.

I have been using a 4-5 inch piece of tubing.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: Summer

Mr. Me2

Are you using the original mouthpiece and placing you lips after the taper (at the place it transitions to straight)? And do you let it cool down completely between pulls?

Mr. Me2,

analytika

Are you using the original mouthpiece and placing you lips after the taper (at the place it transitions to straight)? And do you let it cool down completely between pulls?
Deep throating a PFE enabled GH is comfortable enough, even without the clicking on and off with each draw ... a practice I just found ergonomically ridiculous. It's like a trade off. Warm but not hot on the lips, but hotter vapor ... losing about an inch of the cooling provided by the mouth itself. Can get some redness on the rear of the throat. Have to kind of plan on a max of maybe 4 draws. Could click to cool down and repeat I suppose.

If I could do pure convection over again in 2017, I'd go with the Milaana.

analytika,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
You've either got really sensitive lips or there may be something wrong with your hopper. I've got a stainless steel now which gets hotter than the titanium, or at least retains heat longer, and I can easily do a full bowl native without it getting too hot to put on my lips.

Last edited:
Cheesequake,

CaptVapor

I feel like it should've been a trigger button somewhere on the body of the thing, it's silly that they really want it to look like a pen. Hold a button until the light turns to blue, inhale, let go of said button towards end of your draw (for cooldown) and the power shuts off

CaptVapor,

Hammahead

VDN talked to me more than 50% within the first year. Unacceptable, I agree.
Frankly speaking, how can they carry a unit that has more than even 1 out of 20 customers drawing the sh1t card? If I sell 20 units and get 10 back, I'd stop selling them. For a while a few shops (that buy at VDN as wholesaler) had the Hoppers at nearly 20% less, and at about the same time they (VDN) advertised they had a "2017 Model" for a short while. Honi soit qui mal y pense...

What is everyone using to rig up a mouthpiece that will not burn your lips?

I find the silicone mouthpiece to be working quite well, even on the PFE. With a little learning curve I fgured out using it directly with the PFE but I don't like that too much. The lips are fine but my throat is not Also I use a little glass piece, not a water piece, but what we germans call "Kawumm". I forgot what that's called in english. It's also quite easy to mount a 12-15 mm silicone tube on the (regular) mouth piece, 4-5 inches will cool it down signifcantly.

It's silly that they really want it to look like a pen.
I fully agree. It's a nice stealth factor when it's not in use, but in this day and age about any device would look like one of these omnipresent E-Cigs/Shishas. When you use it in public though, it looks super awkward, sucking on your big-a55 ball-pen and exhaling big clouds. If the form factor would be a little less skinny, I'm convinced the failure rate would drop like a fat kid on a teeter-totter.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
VDN had to prepay the whole last order for many thousands of bucks in Nov. 16 and got their delivery mid of this year (!). So they had the stuff to sell. But they don't know whether they will offer the GH in the future cause of the high rate of faults. I hope they'll do so I wouldn't have to send my RMA to the US.

Hogni,

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I fully agree. It's a nice stealth factor when it's not in use, but in this day and age about any device would look like one of these omnipresent E-Cigs/Shishas. When you use it in public though, it looks super awkward, sucking on your big-a55 ball-pen and exhaling big clouds. If the form factor would be a little less skinny, I'm convinced the failure rate would drop like a fat kid on a teeter-totter.
I agree, for something that's supposed to be stealthy, it's the most awkward to use in public. I think something like a Focus Pro form or X-Max form would work perfect and allow for an 18650 battery.

kbrown5523,
Reactions: Hammahead
Top Bottom