Discontinued The Grasshopper

vapviking

Old & In the Way
How does everyone here charge their GH batteries? Im thinking about pre-ordering the battery charger from GH labs too but I know if they say it will ship in Dec 17' it may be march 18' before I see it.
Is anyone using Nitecore or other chargers with GH batteries or just playing it safe and using the GH internal charger?
I use both a Nitecore D2 and the factory charger. I like using the factory charger 'cause it means fewer battery swaps.
The new Hopper external charger is pretty...........pretty expensive!

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
How does everyone here charge their GH batteries? Im thinking about pre-ordering the battery charger from GH labs too but I know if they say it will ship in Dec 17' it may be march 18' before I see it.
Is anyone using Nitecore or other chargers with GH batteries or just playing it safe and using the GH internal charger?
I use a Nitcore I4 and charge a couple of 18650 batts for my Focus Pro at the same time. I started using the native charger more for less battery swap outs though.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I use Xtar vc2 and the Ant mc1 but the stock charger has never really worked for me, even when they send me a replacement with the last Rma

In winter months I keep the hopper and batteries close to my bodies

They are useless in under 10 Celsius or hmmm 56 f?

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
Does anyone know if HL changes the status of your shipment on their site from "Processed" to "shipped" once they ship the GH?
I am seeing a tracking number coming up on my UPS account with an ETA and all that from hopper labs but nothing has updated on the Hopper site yet.
I assume it just prints a label once your payment is processed and they haven't actually had the unit picked up by UPS yet is how I read it but I got excited when it said my order would make it tomorrow.

dadan

Does anyone know if HL changes the status of your shipment on their site from "Processed" to "shipped" once they ship the GH?
I am seeing a tracking number coming up on my UPS account with an ETA and all that from hopper labs but nothing has updated on the Hopper site yet.
I assume it just prints a label once your payment is processed and they haven't actually had the unit picked up by UPS yet is how I read it but I got excited when it said my order would make it tomorrow.

My order is still 'processed' too but i suppose that HL yet shipped it, no received any tracking number yet...but they wrote me yesterday telling order would be shipped during same day...

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
If you selected UPS for shipping you can login to your UPS account and it will show all incoming deliveries. Thats how I found out my tracking #.
I haven't contacted HL since placing the order. We will just have to see if the friday ETA is real or just the date generated by the UPS system, fingers crossed!

dadan

I live in europe and I choose simple international shipping, that's mean that ups collect from HL, then pass item to USPS and then, once in europe, to national post service. I will have to wait more than you ;)...
That 15% discount made me choose buying from HL directly, to save something...was an irrational impulse, using logic i had to order from an european shop...

Anyone can explain me what do you mean when you talk of PFE?

Anyone using GH with pinnacle pro tube? do you reccomend it for GH?

dadan

I got a pinnacle hydro tube thing and I find it annoying to use with, also scared of water going back down to the hopper.

But works great just a two handed operation

PFE = performance front end

thanks!

What a pity for hydro tube, seemed to be a good solution 'on the go', even to use without water. Please can you be a little more specific when saying annoying?

HL has not in stock silicone mouthpieces for the next two months, I saw silicone alternatives on dhgate but have buy 1000 pieces :mental:

I'm also thinking in using some glass adapter like an alternative portable mouthpiece:

mini-vetro-adattatore-10-millimetri-femminile-a-14mm-maschio-14-millimetri-femminile-a-18mm-maschio-due-stile-forsted-vetro-bocca-su-adattatore-vetro.jpg

Last edited:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
@dadan it works great dry and I take it with me on trips, packs small and thickest glass i gotten in a piece, it hits okey but water level needs to be spot on, I have a glass stem + silicon sleeve stuck to mine so I have no problem with water splashing into my mouth
1509641767916_303688163.jpg

The problem is just sticking the hopper into it while holding the other end to face and like using the thing, it's nice on my Enano or hydrobrick where it just stays on top but find it gets to fumbly with the hydrotube and hopper

I used hopper with a pipe bubbler and that kick ass until I dropped the pipe and broke it

But then with the hydrotube being so cheap I would just go ahead and buy it

ChooChooCharlie

@dadan - Here's a cheap way to keep your lips comfortable. No glass.

85kjQeW.jpg

Plenty mouthpiece. The end is same inner and outer size as the PFE. Pushed together flush, silicone sleeve holds them. Around pages 747 - 748 there more extension idea posts, including driptips. Tried some for fit today, not good, too loose. Plastic on those not so good either, I have more faith in the Plenty mouthpiece plastic.

You can see clear through to the dirty PFE screen, no restriction.

bXYHMik.jpg

Get those same hot satisfying undiluted hits as using it native. But without burning your lips. Not bulky, nice mouthpiece shape.

Unbreakable.

Here's another unbreakable option that also cools very well. However, you will not exactly look cool taking a rip.

7wc8ABF.jpg

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
  • xtSdiHT.jpg

I like my Pinnacle Pro Micro Shower. This is authentic - I bought it at Vaporblunt about 3 or 4 years ago.
    Actually I bought 3 total they were on sale for $50 a piece. I think they fit like they were made for each other. HL needs to have a water tool that they make for the GH. As long as it wasn't overpriced. These water tubes were too expensive at $100 a piece originally or I would have bought a Chinese knockoff from dhgate.
I haven't had any leakage as of yet, but can't be too careful.
@PlanetVape they have the FBomb but it's a $130, kinda pricey.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anyone can explain me what do you mean when you talk of PFE?

Anyone using GH with pinnacle pro tube? do you reccomend it for GH?

@CarolKing , nice photo!
I also like the Pinnacle Pro, though mine is a knockoff, purchased on Ebay in U.S. (I don't feature direct purchases from China) for < $25.
Have you tried using it paired with the PFE? Fit is great, and nice draw.

dadan

@dadan - Here's a cheap way to keep your lips comfortable. No glass.

85kjQeW.jpg

Plenty mouthpiece. The end is same inner and outer size as the PFE. Pushed together flush, silicone sleeve holds them. Around pages 747 - 748 there more extension idea posts, including driptips. Tried some for fit today, not good, too loose. Plastic on those not so good either, I have more faith in the Plenty mouthpiece plastic.

You can see clear through to the dirty PFE screen, no restriction.

bXYHMik.jpg

Get those same hot satisfying undiluted hits as using it native. But without burning your lips. Not bulky, nice mouthpiece shape.

Unbreakable.

Here's another unbreakable option that also cools very well. However, you will not exactly look cool taking a rip.

7wc8ABF.jpg

This is the definitive mod! ;) Thanks!
Not so cheap for me, I had to order a SS PFE from verdampftnochmal (together with Plenty's mouthpieces and siicones parts) because I've not ordered it from HL before...
but this is a very good fix to prevent hot! thanks again!

@dadan it works great dry and I take it with me on trips, packs small and thickest glass i gotten in a piece, it hits okey but water level needs to be spot on, I have a glass stem + silicon sleeve stuck to mine so I have no problem with water splashing into my mouth
1509641767916_303688163.jpg

The problem is just sticking the hopper into it while holding the other end to face and like using the thing, it's nice on my Enano or hydrobrick where it just stays on top but find it gets to fumbly with the hydrotube and hopper

I used hopper with a pipe bubbler and that kick ass until I dropped the pipe and broke it

But then with the hydrotube being so cheap I would just go ahead and buy it

• xtSdiHT.jpg

I like my Pinnacle Pro Micro Shower. This is authentic - I bought it at Vaporblunt about 3 or 4 years ago.
    Actually I bought 3 total they were on sale for $50 a piece. I think they fit like they were made for each other. HL needs to have a water tool that they make for the GH. As long as it wasn't overpriced. These water tubes were too expensive at $100 a piece originally or I would have bought a Chinese knockoff from dhgate.
I haven't had any leakage as of yet, but can't be too careful.
@PlanetVape they have the FBomb but it's a $130, kinda pricey.

So pinnacle pro will be next step (but not immediatly after last money spent on verdampftnochmal). It seems to dress well th GH, I found this on ebay but i suppose it is not original?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Glass-Hydrot...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
Thanks for your pics!

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

You're welcome, @dadan

Too late now, as you have ordered the PFE. I thought you already had one. Anyway, the Plenty mouthpiece also fits fine with the stock hopper front end. But, I'm sure you will be trying glass soon with the PFE. I've tried quite a few hopper cooling ideas after reading this thread. Expensive F-Bomb, cheap short piece of silicone tubing, Crafty CU attached with FW3 glass, expensive but cool TiChillum, and lately a semi cheap bubbler -- you can see scuff line in pic of my PFE where it mates with a 14mm reducer on the bubbler, annoying scuff.

The silicone sleeves -- I cut one of the longer ones to 2cm, as that length allows two parts to mate. Put sleeve on Plenty mouthpiece first, then twist/push it onto the PFE. Helps to wet the inside of sleeve with saliva first.

This is only good for lips. Does squat for cooling. But, it's closer to the hopper ideal of a short vapor path.

Separated at birth:

6BNkZq3.jpg

Actually, a clever designer from Israel sells a grasshopper feeder. Must keep her well fed.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Hmmm had a missed call from USA customs today ... The only thing it could be is the grasshopper .. Fffffffuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk :bang:

Did declare vaporizer / ecigg with everything truthfully worth and weight

Cant call the number back and Swedish postal service says they can't do anything because no tracking number, USPS I should talk to local postal service but did that already without help, I emailed hopper for help and waiting for answer.

Hope I am not fucked :doh:

dadan

You're welcome, @dadan

Too late now, as you have ordered the PFE. I thought you already had one. Anyway, the Plenty mouthpiece also fits fine with the stock hopper front end. But, I'm sure you will be trying glass soon with the PFE. I've tried quite a few hopper cooling ideas after reading this thread. Expensive F-Bomb, cheap short piece of silicone tubing, Crafty CU attached with FW3 glass, expensive but cool TiChillum, and lately a semi cheap bubbler -- you can see scuff line in pic of my PFE where it mates with a 14mm reducer on the bubbler, annoying scuff.

The silicone sleeves -- I cut one of the longer ones to 2cm, as that length allows two parts to mate. Put sleeve on Plenty mouthpiece first, then twist/push it onto the PFE. Helps to wet the inside of sleeve with saliva first.

This is only good for lips. Does squat for cooling. But, it's closer to the hopper ideal of a short vapor path.

Separated at birth:

6BNkZq3.jpg

Actually, a clever designer from Israel sells a grasshopper feeder. Must keep her well fed.

whoops, if i knew before plenty's parts fit also standard GH mouthpiece i would not buy PFE.... :cool:...this month i really spent to much on vapes and parts...anyway thanks... I'm really happy with your suggestion :)...this sure is the best and elegant way to avoid to be burnt...

I will also try GH with a glass but, when home, I suppose I will vape through FP and not GH...
GH, if properly working, will be my 'on the go' vape...(With a second vape ready if GH fails, obviously)

I found yesterday, on ebay, some of that clever israelian's parts for GH... interesting...but i wonder how wash this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grasshoppe...762414?hash=item41c169106e:g:EhQAAOSwTM5Y55rb

:rockon::wave:

Last edited:

marduk

daydreamer

MonkeyTime

If you click on the full item description button the seller says, "To clean, fill with 4ml alcohol, close both holes with your fingers and shake for one minute. Rinse with water and the unit is clean as new!"
And it's true.

I love my loader, I haven't loaded any other way since I got it.

I ended up getting the uncolored one, it's not white, and not very translucent. It's perfect, you can hold it to the light and get a good estimate as to how much is left in. But you certainly can't see what's in it.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
And it's true.

I love my loader, I haven't listed any other way since I got it.

I ended up getting the uncolored one, it's not white, but not very translucent.
Is it transparent enough to see how much is left?

Was going to buy this earlier today but my hopper just got taken by USA customs .. let's see next week if I am still a hopper owner :cry:

Top Bottom