Discontinued The Grasshopper

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Three of my favorite words to read "Repaired Unit Shipped". Twice as good since I sent both of mine in, one was straight to blue lights and the other was down to wispy hits and barely baked AVB. So curious to see if mine come back with the new innards as well. Anticipation...

almost there

Three of my favorite words to read "Repaired Unit Shipped". Twice as good since I sent both of mine in, one was straight to blue lights and the other was down to wispy hits and barely baked AVB. So curious to see if mine come back with the new innards as well. Anticipation...
how long did it take them? My unit has been in the ICU for the 3rd day on it's 3rd visit, I'm getting so anxious to get it back :cry:

JCat

Accessory Maker
how long did it take them? My unit has been in the ICU for the 3rd day on it's 3rd visit, I'm getting so anxious to get it back :cry:
Generally it's taken only a few days at most before they ship it back out, but last time it took longer, and this time it took exactly 2 weeks from the day they received it to the day they shipped it back to me ... so it will be gone 5 weeks this time :( (3 days for it to get from me to them, and then 4.5 weeks to get back to me from that point)

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok hopper is back. Backend looks the same. Body looks the same. I wonder what they did. It’s definitely fixed.

Also the PFE plus Glass adapter, don’t sleep on this like I did. It’s so good. I’m using it with my hydratube and it’s great. Before I was using the stock mouthpiece and one of those delta 3D thingy but this fits in a lot more secure. Love the delta products too though :-).

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
They indicated that they received it on the 12th, and noted it as "Repaired Unit Shipped" early this morning. I think that's only 4 business days, not bad for two of them.

I do wonder if they had them for a little bit before they marked them as received since I'm pretty sure I sent them out on the 4th from WA.

Generally it's taken only a few days at most before they ship it back out, but last time it took longer, and this time it took exactly 2 weeks from the day they received it to the day they shipped it back to me ... so it will be gone 5 weeks this time :( (3 days for it to get from me to them, and then 4.5 weeks to get back to me from that point)
TWO WEEKS!! That's crazy and so not cool.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Ok hopper is back. Backend looks the same. Body looks the same. I wonder what they did. It’s definitely fixed.

Also the PFE plus Glass adapter, don’t sleep on this like I did. It’s so good. I’m using it with my hydratube and it’s great. Before I was using the stock mouthpiece and one of those delta 3D thingy but this fits in a lot more secure. Love the delta products too though :-).
Have you looked at the oven or did you already have the white ceramic looking one? With a single blue nipple I think?

Been too busy filling or emptying mine to check

Also doing some "soft science" on my old and new batteries by discharging and charging throughout all 8 and writing down the mah on the charger

Nearly done 3 rounds on all batteries and written everything down for each battery

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Have you looked at the oven or did you already have the white ceramic looking one? With a single blue nipple I think?

Been too busy filling or emptying mine to check

Also doing some "soft science" on my old and new batteries by discharging and charging throughout all 8 and writing down the mah on the charger

Nearly done 3 rounds on all batteries and written everything down for each battery

I never noticed a blue line before. But this new oven definitely has a blue line.

MoltenTiger

I never noticed a blue line before. But this new oven definitely has a blue line.
Yeah just for the record. Under the bare metal screen in the herb chamber is the heater cover (was blue, now white) which houses the mounting points (3 solder(?) mounds) and a thermal sensor (central rectangular 'lens', this is the part that's now blue, I think before it was orange/amber)

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yeah just for the record. Under the bare metal screen in the herb chamber is the heater cover (was blue, now white) which houses the mounting points (3 solder(?) mounds) and a thermal sensor (central rectangular 'lens', this is the part that's now blue, I think before it was orange/amber)

Sounds good. Yeah I didn't see anything before when I looked down there but I don't remember looking to hard. But this time I definitely saw the blue part.

---

I just want to say that the PFE + glass adapter is king. Holy shit. It really is the promise of a portable Cloud. I wonder if keeping my grasshopper upright is probably bad for the heater. I may have to get a different water tool. I feel like this grasshopper is right at the edge of combustion on temperature 5 through the water piece. It's very very dark and tastes like shit. But whatever, I'm getting MAX extraction. LMAO.

snaffle

My grasshopper has definitely declined in temperature since I've had it (just over a year, no warranty). I changed the batteries recently, but the backend still gets hotter than it used to, and the ABV is less dark. I've taken to finishing the ABV from my grasshopper in a vapcap. That said, it still gets me pretty high. I should probably send it in for warranty. I know this.

The only issue is that I'm waiting for a new glass piece to be delivered, and I am too excited to see the grasshopper in it to send it off right now - even with just the whispy vapor it produces at 5 now! Plus I like having a GH that has never been for a warranty.

I tried to take the oven screen off the other day, to try cleaning it, but I don't have a tool appropriate for the job (I tried sewing needles, which were all I had that would fit in the holes, but couldn't get any leverage to lift the screen), so I gave up. And am slowly coming to terms with the idea of having to be without my hopper for at least a few weeks.

My Ti GH and Ti PFE don't match very well at the moment (GH body is a bit shinier and lighter colored than the PFE). Has anyone else noticed different Ti parts not matching particularly closely? I didn't mind too much, but I'm wondering, if some external parts get replaced, whether it'll be more mismatched, aesthetically. Has anybody else found this?

I've been wondering about whether the threading on the Ti grinding down could be causing the current to not flow so freely through the GH, after the front and backends have been screwed on and off a bunch of times. There was a post a few pages back in the vapcap thread that mentioned that Ti threads don't last too long. But this is just speculation. My threads feel just the same as when I first got the GH, not super smooth, but fine.

I just want to say that the PFE + glass adapter is king. Holy shit. It really is the promise of a portable Cloud. I wonder if keeping my grasshopper upright is probably bad for the heater. I may have to get a different water tool. I feel like this grasshopper is right at the edge of combustion on temperature 5 through the water piece. It's very very dark and tastes like shit. But whatever, I'm getting MAX extraction. LMAO.

Yeah, using something like a hydratube that keeps the grasshopper upright (backend up) probably isn't great, as more particles could get in to the heater. But I don't know, it's hard to know what actually makes a difference to reliability with these. I have a FC-188 on the way, which should be pretty perfect for the grasshopper, I can't wait.

Last edited:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Soft science-ing the grasshopper batteries has been interesting
IMG_20171019_192018.jpg

I tried to do the same with all, run them on 5 and then try to finish of the battery on 1 if possible

Some batteries I have drain really fast on 5 but last long on 4?

Like through 2 bowl instead of half

One battery went from refusing to go over 85 mah, then after draining it in the hopper it goes 238 and next 437 mah?

Making it hard to figure out what to throw and what to keep, probably but a side two bad and two good

Otherwise the pipe fits, gives me some seriously good hits, heavy enough to used as a stand and inbuild storage compartment

IMG_20171019_192034.jpg

justcametomind

Hi
I bought a refurbished GH a week ago. I like the portability and it being on demand. I should have 1 month no question asked, return warranty. I don't know if I want to keep it or not. I usually use it outdoor at max temp. First hit is no vapor, second and third one are good hits. Never big clouds. Then vapor gets a bit harsh. Other than that ABV shows incomplete extraction, it's pretty light brown/yellow. I'm a medical user and so lucky not to pay for my weed since a couple of months. Since the new scenario I would trade complete extraction for the portability, I just would like to know if I got a decent unit, but I didn't follow this thread regularly. My GH doesn't get particularly hot but when switching it on, sometimes it seems like if it releases a little electric shock. Is it even possible? I can't say it gets hot when using it. The airflow is pretty hot and it seems normal reading a bit here. I usually pack the bowl full without compressing. I do long and powerful hits as I read here since the heater is pretty good at keeping the temperature up, and it helps a bit with vapor production.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I use a slow long draw with many of my vaporizers but with the GH I draw faster until my lungs are filled about to 90% and just hold for a few seconds. My unit doesn't seem to have any draw restrictions. I use my temp on the lower side and I'm getting good visible vapor. Technique could be personal preference. This seems to work well for me.

Baron23

I use a slow long draw with many of my vaporizers but with the GH I draw faster until my lungs are filled about to 90% and just hold for a few seconds. My unit doesn't seem to have any draw restrictions. I use my temp on the lower side and I'm getting good visible vapor. Technique could be personal preference. This seems to work well for me.

I'm with Carol...seems like the GH heater can keep up with any draw speed including a pretty fast one.

almost there

I'm with Carol...seems like the GH heater can keep up with any draw speed including a pretty fast one.
depends on the hopper too unfortunately. The only time that my hopper was able to keep temp and keep with a faster draw was after my first iso soak, besides that short period my unit has never ever been up to par. Let's hope this latest RMA will remedy that:huh:

Baron23

depends on the hopper too unfortunately. The only time that my hopper was able to keep temp and keep with a faster draw was after my first iso soak, besides that short period my unit has never ever been up to par. Let's hope this latest RMA will remedy that:huh:
I hope you get a good one this time.

I hesitate to say it lest I temp the gods, but mine is well over a year old and still works perfectly. I'm sure it will crap out sometime...but not yet.

Cheers

Top Bottom