• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
did someone send their working gh to hopperlabs because of weaker performance and what did gh do... did they anything at all or did they send it back without doing anything... any experience...

maybe it is subjective as I stated before... it is really hard to tell but I think I got bigger clouds in the past

I sent my Ti back a month after receiving it due to declining performance. I had a perfectly functional SS to compare it to so it was easy to see the difference in performance. At first temp 5 extracted like temp 4 in the SS and it declined even further after that.

They sent it back and it was better but it still feels as if it never returned to its previous performance. I suspect they may have made some unannounced changes to the temp curve last fall. We know they did the same this spring and we only found out after a few combustion incidents. I think there was a "cooler" version of the firmware for a while and then it was later bumped up to be even warmer than the original firmware.

This is purely speculation but lowering the max temp may have been an attempt to increase reliability, and when this didn't make a difference it was changed again. Either way I'd like to try out this newly tuned firmware. Perhaps it is finally time to send in my SS with the temp dial that keeps getting stuck. It has recently started to show signs of inconsistent/decreasing performance.

One key thing I've noticed is that during the weak hits the mouthpiece doesn't get hot at all, and that's pretty much a signature characteristic of the Grasshopper. Also, it takes forever to extract, a fully functioning hopper can kill a bowl in one or two hits at temp 5, whereas an underperforming one will take six hits or more and the resulting ABV won't be as dark.

I've got relatively new batteries, the GHB2s with the thicker wrapping, and it doesn't seem related at all to the specific battery being used or charge level.

kushkush

happy camper....
It's those weak 'proprietary' batteries that make me want to sell my GH. If/when the business goes belly-up, so do all GH's.

kushkush,

CEOnnor

Just wanted to share my experience so far.

I ordered a gray Ti in August of 2016 and received it around February of this year (Model GT0081XX). It blew my mind when I first got it, but performance slowly waned until the lights started instantly turning blue with no heat production at the end of June of this year. Made the warranty request and from the time I sent it, it took about 3 weeks to get back.

I'm really impressed with the replacement unit. At first the performance actually wasn't great, but I think the issue is the battery that I sent in with the unit. The other two batteries that I own have the it hitting like it was on day 1. I also noticed a couple differences with the unit.

The temperature dial has a different feel to it. It's a little more smooth but still very firm. I also can see the new screen upgrades to prevent material from passing into the unit. Below the screen there is a white material that looks somewhat cottony. The new backend I received is GT0115XX. It's pretty cool to see your device get upgrades after sending in.

I also purchased a Gray Ti PFE that I received back with unit. It rips and I haven't even been able to use it with a water pipe yet. I plan on it tonight, though.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
It's those weak 'proprietary' batteries that make me want to sell my GH. If/when the business goes belly-up, so do all GH's.
I dunno there's knockoff batteries being made for pretty much everything these days. Imo the only reason we haven't already seen them for the hopper, is because hl has been selling them at a minimal markup.

:sherlock:

kushkush

happy camper....
I dunno there's knockoff batteries being made for pretty much everything these days. Imo the only reason we haven't already seen them for the hopper, is because hl has been selling them at a minimal markup.

:sherlock:

Yeah, I just wonder what we'd do if we couldn't buy a new battery?

kushkush,

Bomb33

I'm new to all this but so far with my gh experience it's Coming down to these sketchey batteries....... one works one doesn't charge wtf......other than that I'm having a good time with the gh. You mean to tell me no one has taken a look inside the battery or try to make a knock off yet.??

Bomb33,

Bomb33

What about reliable and longer lasting????? That should make it a target to knock em off and make profit by selling better batteries.

Bomb33,

Lefty

Sup guys,

Sometime lurker, first time poster.
Plz help.

Last night my grasshopper broke apart in my hands!

The back end, right at the notch where you twist to change the temp, split.
Leaving me with two backend pieces, with a spring and a little rod between the two pieces. I kinda twisted and pushed the pieces back together. But now my GH doesnt work.

When screwing the backend on the body there are red lights that come on,and flash kinda erratically. After a while the lights turn off, clicking the button doesnt seem to affect the lights. No heat.

Has this happened to anyone before/ know a fix?
I really dont want to send it back in, i just got it back. After getting it back, the back end was real tight and thats why i p much broke it. The ride never ends. :whoa:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sorry to hear that. Your hopper broke apart and your rep didn't work. So you have to send it back to GHL I fear.

I've tested my changed ss hopper. Performance is much better, better than my old one in the first days.
I had to start at 3.5 with my old hopper, the new one is performing the same at 2.0.
Now finishing at 3.5 - 4.0. With my old one I was always increasing temp up to 5.0.
At all settings much more, thicker vapour than the old one.
At 5.0 no combustion just a darker brown but not black.
Like the new performance. Thats's the way we are loving our hoppers. Let's see how long!? :\

These experiences resulted by original use not with wt. Will try it with wt too. Maybe it's getting so hot at 5.0 that combustion could happen

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sup guys,

Plz help.

Leaving me with two backend pieces, with a spring and a little rod between the two pieces. I kinda twisted and pushed the pieces back together. But now my GH doesnt work.

When screwing the backend on the body there are red lights that come on,and flash kinda erratically. After a while the lights turn off, clicking the button doesnt seem to affect the lights. No heat.

I really dont want to send it back in, i just got it back. After getting it back, the back end was real tight and thats why i p much broke it. The ride never ends. :whoa:
In some rare cases these days, HL will send out a replacement before you return the old part; this might save you some down time. In the early days they did this pretty regularly, and it seem like you clearly need a new back end. Open a warranty request or send a message within that previous request if they've not yet closed it out.

I'm still waiting on @Ratchetts goodies to show up. So is difficult to load it up.
If you are talking about the Hopper and waiting for a funnel, you can easily mock one up with some glossy card stock (heavy paper) and some tape. Twist it up, tape it and cut the small end at a point so it will just fit inside the Hopper. Might take a couple of tries to get a nice one...

Last edited by a moderator:

btka

Sorry to hear that. Your hopper broke apart and your rep didn't work. So you have to send it back to GHL I fear.

I've tested my changed ss hopper. Performance is much better, better than my old one in the first days.
I had to start at 3.5 with my old hopper, the new one is performing the same at 2.0.
Now finishing at 3.5 - 4.0. With my old one I was always increasing temp up to 5.0.
At all settings much more, thicker vapour than the old one.
At 5.0 no combustion just a darker brown but not black.
Like the new performance. Thats's the way we are loving our hoppers. Let's see how long!? :\

These experiences resulted by original use not with wt. Will try it with wt too. Maybe it's getting so hot at 5.0 that combustion could happen

I'm really impressed with the replacement unit. At first the performance actually wasn't great, but I think the issue is the battery that I sent in with the unit. The other two batteries that I own have the it hitting like it was on day 1. I also noticed a couple differences with the unit.

The temperature dial has a different feel to it. It's a little more smooth but still very firm. I also can see the new screen upgrades to prevent material from passing into the unit. Below the screen there is a white material that looks somewhat cottony. The new backend I received is GT0115XX. It's pretty cool to see your device get upgrades after sending in.

@Hogni do you have also a new screen upgrade and do you can see under your screen this white cottony Material.. maybe someone can take a picture from this new screen and cotton thing...

so @Hogni @CEOnnor you like the performance of the new hopper (upgrades) and clouds are even bigger then before (the temp update) if it performs now better I will ask gh labs if they could upgrade my temp settings (and if it will cost anything), one of my ghs is now weaker but it works so I do not think they would do anything if I would rma it...

btka,

Lefty

man
this sucks

how do you test this
how many hoppers have you had?

is there like a sticky or something up in here

In some rare cases these days, HL will send out a replacement before you return the old part; this might save you some down time. In the early days they did this pretty regularly, and it seem like you clearly need a new back end. Open a warranty request or send a message within that previous request if they've not yet closed it out.
done

Lefty,
Reactions: JCat

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Sup guys,

Plz help.

Seen it. Lol. Mine came apart too at some point. What do you expect? The damn parts are literally glued together.

Icon13,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@btka, screen looks the same, no cotton or such else visible.

@Lefty, How should I test it? As everytime, load it, set it, power it, hit it.....

3 weeks ago I bought together with a friend a new GH ti for him. Because of this experience I started at 2, not at 3.5 as with my old one, with my new one and it showed the same increase of performance.

Why paying an upgrade? Wait for your next RMA. It will come for sure....

MonkeyTime

@btka, screen looks the same, no cotton or such else visible.

@Lefty, How should I test it? As everytime, load it, set it, power it, hit it.....

3 weeks ago I bought together with a friend a new GH ti for him. Because of this experience I started at 2, not at 3.5 as with my old one, with my new one and it showed the same increase of performance.

Why paying an upgrade? Wait for your next RMA. It will come for sure....
Because unfortunately they don't always come back improved :|

btka

You got me thinking...

Herbalizer mouth piece..

Thanks a lot! @huk_huk

nice, some pics of mine:
NX2BCVA.jpg

dispatched and in a bubbler:
http://imgur.com/a/e9v9M

It fits with the drip tip in my 14mm piece and the airflow seems to be the same.
Unfortunately it doesn't fit in my 18mm->14mm adaptor but it's really easy to remove the drip tip

and I really like it dry at the moment :)

there are also drip tips without the red rubber on the glass side available. might look better. I also saw one with a heatsink but for my usage it's really hard to get my current drip tip hot

tried this today... had a drip tip lying around... this works incredibly good no hotness take as much draws after draw... I am now iso bathing my pfe... will try it after iso bathing again.... but i really recommend this... funny that gh labs did not come up with such a solution... In my opinion my drip tip is made out of teflon.... maybe after realising this modifications they will jump on it... but realy this is such a easy modification which really eliminates hot mp/ front ends and it is such simple.... maybe i will use the gh now more often native...

try it if you have a pfe and drip tip..

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
tried this today... had a drip tip lying around... this works incredibly good no hotness take as much draws after draw... I am now iso bathing my pfe... will try it after iso bathing again.... but i really recommend this... funny that gh labs did not come up with such a solution... In my opinion my drip tip is made out of teflon.... maybe after realising this modifications they will jump on it... but realy this is such a easy modification which really eliminates hot mp/ front ends and it is such simple.... maybe i will use the gh now more often native...

try it if you have a pfe and drip tip..

i have some drip tips but none anywhere near as big as in the pictures. mostly small ones for e-cig tanks. wonder if it would still help even if they are smaller?

***EDIT*** nevermind... all my smaller drip tips are too wide of an opening to fit in the end of the PFE

mmenzie,

kushkush

happy camper....
Looks like that new front-end created more problems and ruined the asthetics and stealthiness, especially if you have to use a long drip tip.

kushkush,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Looks like that new front-end created more problems and ruined the asthetics and stealthiness, especially if you have to use a long drip tip.
I don't see that it has created any problems; I really like the pfe. It makes for a perfect and direct match to 14mm glass and is an improvement over the standard issue mp because there are zero internal parts/places to get hidden gunk, so it stays cleaner. Even the screen placement is improved over that in the original mp.
No one is saying you have to use a drip tip. I don't even technically know what that is. I like using the pfe native or with water piece. It does get hot, but what wouldn't if it were this small and 400 degrees inside! So I may let it cool for 20 or 30 seconds in between some pretty huge, flavorful rips! This is not a problem, imo.

btka

I also do not find that the pfe created more problems... I like it a lot... and it is an extra accessories... and makes it a lot easier and comfortable to use your gh with a watertool...

if you buy a new gh you will get the og mouthpice front end and if you like you can buy the pfe...

x29un8.jpg

2qwenf6.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom