• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

UnshavenFish

You think 2mm in length make any difference? There is no springy thing?

The negative contact does have some movement, but not much and it's pretty stiff so those extra mm's will put extra stress on the backend threads the backend internals and also the positive contact/board, which after mine flew apart and I've seen how it goes together is not something you want.

But even ignoring that, I would have serious doubts that the linked cell could handle what the hopper requires, it's not just about voltage and mAh.

Davideus

The negative contact does have some movement, but not much and it's pretty stiff so those extra mm's will put extra stress on the backend threads the backend internals and also the positive contact/board, which after mine flew apart and I've seen how it goes together is not something you want.

But even ignoring that, I would have serious doubts that the linked cell could handle what the hopper requires, it's not just about voltage and mAh.
Even with all that I think it's still worth testing. I'm very surprised that here in this megathread reign absolute lack of curiosity and excess of scepticism.

Davideus,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Even with all that I think it's still worth testing. I'm very surprised that here in this megathread reign absolute lack of curiosity and excess of scepticism.
The Grasshopper's batteries are a special chemistry. I would rather not take the risk of using a sketchy lithium-ion battery with an already temperamental vaporizer. Too much potential for bad things to happen on either end.

Hopper Labs said:
The battery is also a custom formulated chemistry that we worked with the factory to develop. The Hopper requires a high discharge battery to feed its 45-watt heater the power it needs. Your cell phone or laptop uses power at a slower rate compared to how large the battery is, making it much easier to produce. With the Hopper, we have a small package and need all the power out quickly, which is the most challenging type of battery to create.

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/blog/grasshopper-batteries/

biohacker

Why Duff? What does it taste like? Perhaps the heater isn't maintain temp and you're getting temperature spikes or something? Maybe you gave gunk built up in the heater that's causing it? Seems to be something that eventually happens and reduces airflow? Have you done a proper clean and max temp pulls with empty bowl, etc?

duff

Well worn
Not sure @biohacker. I always do empty hot pulls and I keep it clean as a whistle.
If I'm going through water I set it to 5 (sadly no milking occurs after last RMA) but if I'm hitting it native I have always done 3.5.

I haven't been using it much lately so perhaps that has something to do with it.

MP seems to be getting quite hot too.

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Not sure @biohacker. I always do empty hot pulls and I keep it clean as a whistle.
If I'm going through water I set it to 5 (sadly no milking occurs after last RMA) but if I'm hitting it native I have always done 3.5.

I haven't been using it much lately so perhaps that has something to do with it.

MP seems to be getting quite hot too.

Sounds like it is about to die. Well, for me that was the sign, but I ran 10 or so chambers per day. Not much Vapor, super hot front end, hot clip...

Oh do let us know when you get the blue light no heat. For me, within a week at that stage.

The only consistent thing my Hopper ever did was work inconsistently.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just a quick update on my SS Hopper ... for those of you that don't remember exactly, it came back from 2nd RMA still not working, with burning hot back-end, and very poor vapor production.

While waiting for the 3rd RMA process, I fiddled around with it a bunch. Nothing worked from rotating dial, to rotating button to cleaning thoroughly all threads, etc, tried GHB1's as well as GHB2's ... all resulted in the same behavior ...

Tried blowing out the back-end thoroughly and the body from 3-4" away with an air compressor. Did this a couple times, and seemed to be some improvement, but still had a burning hot back-end and wasn't working up-to-par.

Finally tried turning on the Hopper and rotating dial down all the way and back immediately, then heat up time to blue is faster, vapor production is good enough to milk a bubbler at 5, and vapor output keeps up with a decent speed inhale for 10-15 seconds no problem. I've found if I do this turn-on/rotate down/rotate up process every time I turn it on, it has worked reliably well. It seems if I don't do this, vapor output drops, and presumably (I haven't tried yet), if I don't do it enough times in a row the burning hot back-end will re-occur (I'm going to have to test this but don't really want to waste my cannabis)

This is another routine in the Hopper dance (as @biohacker termed it :))

I've spent the entire weekend using this process ... so I'm probably a good 30-40 sessions in with it working quite well (with the fucked up process/Hopper dance)

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
What are the grasshopper clouds? At what temperature? How many seating do the batteries last?

Has anyone seen an advertisement for sale of grasshopper? I'm looking for some second-hand .. to try ..

kilrtjat,

ChooChooCharlie

Can't do the dance without refreshments:

PwilN7Rm.jpg

Went hopping through the zoo today with both SS & TI in my man purse. Two loads on SS and one on TI -- one way to avoid battery changes. Just find quiet section, take a couple rips, back in the purse. The stealth isn't in the appearance, it's a matter of "time-stealth." Helped give a sense of functionality to the candy edibles; my tolerance is a joke now. Chimp took a look at me, then reached down, scooped up a handful and started chowing down. Everyone's a critic.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Is anyone daring to use the supplied charger these days?

Been wondering now if I should just keep that and a powerbank in my manly-man purse instead of the Xtar ant + powerbank

Not sure I wanna buy a second hopper like has @ChooChooCharlie but probably same tolerance :D

Jezzus I need to find some weed

I prefer to use the hoppers OEM charger. Much less faffing about. I still use the original OEM cable with the dual strands going either side of the magnetic ring.

Last edited:

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
happy owner/user but never touched the GH charger yet...hey guys, does anyone remember some kind of leather/metal case or cover that we were promised back during preordering? i think they said they will automatically mail it out to us when theyre finalized? its been so long i cant even remember but something in the back of my brain chirps up every few months asking me if im supposed to expect some surprise mail from hopper labs at any random time...

does anyone else know what im talking about?

ChooChooCharlie

Still can't understand why people don't use the magnetic charger. :shrug:
So easy. Great invention. I have 1st and 2nd types.

With version 2, you can buy @Ratchett 's charging stand and stick it anywhere with some 3M velcro tape.

After every session at home, I put it on mag charger with 30 minute countdown timer. After 30 minutes, do another chamber. Rinse, repeat.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I use the Nitecore if I'm having more than 2 bowls in succession or if I've had my Hopper out and about with me and went through more than 2 chambers.

Otherwise I use the OEM as well (plugged in to 0.5A charger to avoid charging at any faster of a rate)

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well, I know I don't use the supplied charger because people kept getting failures, and backend problems that at the time seemed associated with charging through the back. Who knows if that was actually part of any related issue, but it made me and others feel better not to use it.

Still never used it, and not saying that's why mine still works fine, but I'm not saying it's not... because it still works fine... and perhaps that is one of the main reasons? Who knows. Just don't want to jinx it by using it.

Top Bottom